PDA

View Full Version : Request: Ruler of the Way (3.5 PrC, PEACH)

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-13, 12:13 AM
The Ruler of the Way

"I'll also throw in something else. If you do manage to complete a PrC for my Kensei (when you get to everything before it first, naturally) that meets my hopes and expectations, I will provide the most eloquent, ringing endorsement of Seraphi Homebrew (TM) that you've ever seen. It will be a thing of magnificence."- TravelLog, entering into a binding verbal contract

A ruler of the way sacrifices access to some of his most powerful abilities as a kensei (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219086) in order to focus his training on the power of the four elements. He still eats great wyrm warblades for breakfast, just not also lunch and dinner anymore.

Prerequisites: To become a ruler of the way, you must meet the following prerequisites:

Skills: Sense Motive 17 ranks
Class Features: Way of the Insightful Earth, Way of the Ever-shifting Waves, Way of the Flickering Flames, Way of the Piercing Wind

HD: d10
Class Skills: A ruler of the way's class skills (and the key abilities for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Handle Animal (Cha), Iajustsu Focus (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Local) (Int), Listen (Wis), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex)
Skill Points: 4+Int per level

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|+1|+2|+0|+2|Walk the Way, Ruler of the Earth

2nd|+2|+3|+0|+3|Ruler of the Waves

3rd|+3|+3|+1|+3|Ruler of the Flames

4th|+4|+4|+1|+4|Ruler of the Wind

5th|+5|+4|+1|+4|Master of the Four
[/table]

Class Features:

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A ruler of the way gains proficiency with the two-bladed sword. He gains no additional proficiencies with any armor or shields.

Walk the Way (Ex): A ruler of the way continues to follow the paths of the Way. He adds his class level to his kensei level to determine what abilities he gets from his Way of the Earth/Waves/Flames/Wind class features.

Ruler of the Earth (Ex/Sp): A Ruler of the Way is as calm and unbreakable as earth itself. His skin becomes as hard as stone. He gains damage reduction 10/adamantine. Additionally, as a Ruler of the Earth, the ruler of the way becomes one with the land. He can speak and understand Terran, and may meld the earth to fit his will. He may cast the stone shape spell as a spell-like ability at-will, with a caster level equal to his character level.

Ruler of the Waves (Ex/Sp): A Ruler of the Way is as fluid and flexible as water itself. His inner peace allows him to walk on still water as if it were solid, leaving no ripples and disturbing not a single fish. Additionally, as a Ruler of the Waves, the ruler of the way becomes one with the sea. He can now speak and understand Aquan, and may control water as the spell, as a spell-like ability at-will with a caster level equal to his character level.

Ruler of the Flames (Su/Sp): A Ruler of the Way is as passionate and vibrant as fire itself. His skills are so great that he can turn fire itself back on the evoker who called it. The ruler of the way is affected by a continuous spell turning effect, but it only turns spells of the [fire] descriptor that target the ruler of the way. Additionally, as a Ruler of the Flames, the ruler of the way becomes one with fire. He can now speak and understand Ignan, and may control temperature (Frostburn) as the spell as a spell-like ability at-will, with a caster level equal to his character level.

Ruler of the Winds (Ex/Sp): A Ruler of the Way is as collected and controlled as the air itself. His strict discipline allows him to avoid disastrous fates that would otherwise incapacitate lesser men. The ruler of the way no longer needs to breathe, and becomes immune to drowning, altitude sickness, and other inhalation effects such as inhalation poisons or the cloudkill spell. Additionally, as a Ruler of the Winds, the ruler of the way becomes one with the skies. He can now speak and understand Auran, and may control winds, as the spell, as a spell-like ability at-will, with a caster level equal to his character level.

Master of the Four (Su): As he reaches the end of his journey, the ruler of the way finally masters the power of the Way. He becomes immune to the negative effects of the Plane of Fire, Earth, Water and Air, and may exist comfortably on any of those planes. Additionally, the ruler of the way may treat himself as if he had the [fire], [water], [air], and/or [earth] subtype whenever it would be beneficial to him (though he does not actually gain those subtypes, nor any detriments of them, such as vulnerability to cold). Finally, a ruler of the way gains the ability to rebuke and command creatures of the [fire], [water], [air] and [earth] subtype at-will. His effective cleric level for this is equal to his character level. This is a supernatural ability.

TravelLog
2012-01-13, 12:33 AM
I like it! While I might not take this over the Kensei, I'm still impressed with the route you decided to go on this one. And so:

Seraphi Homebrew (TM) is a revelation. If you're going to check out one piece of Homebrew this season, make it his. From start to finish, Seraphi Homebrew (TM) is a spellbinding journey, one of such magnificence and grandeur that I've not seen it's like since the 'Brew Revolution of 2008. While many claim the title of "Homebrewer", few do so with the skill and grace of Neo Seraphi, a friend and, I say without hesitation, an artist.

Boom.

TravelLog
2012-01-13, 01:58 AM
Noticed one small thing: "Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A ruler of the way gains proficiency with the two-bladed sword. He gains no additional proficiencies."

I'd imagine the second sentence was meant to have the ending phrase "with any armor or shields."

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-13, 02:17 AM
Noticed one small thing: "Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A ruler of the way gains proficiency with the two-bladed sword. He gains no additional proficiencies."

I'd imagine the second sentence was meant to have the ending phrase "with any armor or shields."

Fixed, thanks.

Elfstone
2012-01-13, 09:05 AM
I was really confused as to how I had not seen it, then I saw it was posted today.

Nicely done, although it might be just me and my mobile, is spell turning considered Ex or Sp. I don't think you specified.

I'll wait for travels eloquent praise until I get something
Cool ;). Still great work.

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-13, 09:23 AM
The spell turning effect is supernatural, because it requires no action on the ruler of the way's part, and is always active, making it a continuous effect like a magic item.