PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Links....

Shikei
2012-01-13, 07:39 AM
Am I missing something? Perhaps Rich has some political views against it? I'd love to share OOTS but if there are share links for FaceBook where are they?

(Also I have only posted like 3 or four times in as many years...if I missed some big discussion on the evils of Facebook; then I apologize)

Be well and always head west...

Chess435
2012-01-13, 02:16 PM
I've never seen anyone bring it up. While I can't speak for Rich and the mods, I believe that Facebook integration is somewhere around #3762 on the forum to-do list, if at all.

Gullintanni
2012-01-13, 02:30 PM
Facebook is currently No.2 on my list of Evil Corporations; and not just for cluttering up the internet with little annoying blue banners.

Evil aside, I support the ads on this site for the sake of a new server (it's a worthy cause), but as far as I'm concerned, we don't need any more branded banners cluttering up the forums.

I'm hoping one of the mods will show up sometime soon and say, "We have no plans to do this. Ever. Thread locked."

Chess435
2012-01-13, 02:36 PM
I'm hoping one of the mods will show up sometime soon and say, "We have no plans to do this. Ever. Thread locked."

Seconded. If you want Facebook, then go to Facebook.

The Dark Fiddler
2012-01-13, 03:04 PM
Am I missing something? Perhaps Rich has some political views against it? I'd love to share OOTS but if there are share links for FaceBook where are they?

I think you're missing the fact that you can just as easily post a link to the comic as a status, which would do almost the exact same thing as having an integrated "Share" button would do.

I never really got the point of those buttons, because of this :smallconfused:

Zherog
2012-01-13, 03:24 PM
I think you're missing the fact that you can just as easily post a link to the comic as a status, which would do almost the exact same thing as having an integrated "Share" button would do.

Because (generally speaking) people are lazy. It's easier to press a single button than it is to copy/paste the link into the status -- and that's really saying something, because copy/paste isn't exactly hard.

Renegade Paladin
2012-01-13, 03:43 PM
They're there. They are known as Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V.

:smalltongue:

Haruki-kun
2012-01-13, 04:43 PM

Cuz it's like a reminder that you can, in fact, share it on Facebook. Or Digg, Twitter, Reddit, StumbleUpon, MySpace, Google+, etc.

Yora
2012-01-13, 06:47 PM
Don't people who always have cookies activated catch tracking cookies every time they visit a site with these buttons?

The Giant
2012-01-13, 11:35 PM
If you want to share an OOTS comic on another website, you can certainly do so, but we have no reason to install a special button to make it even easier. Especially since there are dozens of websites that people may want to share on, and we have no interest in keeping up with them all.

So, no plans to do this. Thread locked.