PDA

View Full Version : Curveball: need good master of nine npc. In half an hour...

Phaederkiel
2012-01-13, 07:47 AM
I am in the middle of a session and my players threw me curveball, I need a boss i thought i would need only much later. In a book I am not familiar with.

Can you help me put him together that I can run him from here?

needs:

Master of nine (trained all the mooks up to now)

heavy setting sun as to set of charges.
ability to circumvent a shield would be nice.

what stances to dual stance against a meelee (charging) heavy party?

Magical martial arts fly-thru-sky feeling.

I think warblade / swordsage. Which skills to max? arg.
ok, they come back. need to look omniscient again right now...:)

Ithandor
2012-01-13, 07:52 AM
What level?

Phaederkiel
2012-01-13, 08:03 AM
3 pcs at lvl 11. Guy can be stronger. recurring.

Darrin
2012-01-13, 10:13 PM
Master of nine (trained all the mooks up to now)

Well, there's my Archon of Nine (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137260) build... but it doesn't really start clicking together until about ECL 16, when it starts to get 9th level maneuvers.

Little Brother
2012-01-13, 11:09 PM
Unarmed SS 1/Warblade 5(Or in general, SS X/WB Y, though one of a high level is good.)/Crusader 1/MotN X. Basic idiot crusader. Make sure to get WRT on the Crusader part to act multiple times a round. Cheesy but you need the actions.

IF you want this guy to survive, I might make him SS1/WB5/Crusader 1/Mot9 5/Uncanny Trickster 3/??? 5(Legacy Champion? I dunno.) Nowhere near as the Archon of 9 or whatever, but won't be as likely to kill the party.

Really, when it comes down to it, you NEED to be an Idiot Crusader to survive that. Plus, fits with the fluff I could gather from your description.

Douglas
2012-01-13, 11:24 PM
Things that would be really good against a charge-heavy party:
Counter Charge
Scorpion Parry
Fool's Strike
Stance of Alacrity
Extremely high attack bonus

First party member charges, runs into Fool's Strike and hits himself. Second party member charges, runs into either Counter Charge or Scorpion Strike depending on whether the first party member killed himself or not, either hitting his ally or getting shoved out of position, probably into a spot that blocks everyone else from charging the boss. After that I'm afraid you're out of immediate actions, but adding a Cloak of Displacement or other source of miss chance and combining it with the Ghostly Defense stance (yay Dual Stance) would still make teaming up on him in melee with high damage builds a very risky proposition.