PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Court Herald (PoF)

Thurbane
2012-01-13, 09:51 AM
So, I just got a copy of Power of Faerun from Amazon today, and flipped through it. One of the things I noticed was the Court Herald prestige class.

At first I was confused, because it didn't have a table of it's class abilities, HD, skills, saves etc. Then I read that it's a variant of the Loremaster PrC (DMG). Except, it has it's own casting progression. And 11 levels (the spells known chart goes up to 11th level, but the text says it gets Spell Resistance at 12th level) - would it have killed them to put a normal table in?. :smalleek:

Has anyone used this PrC? How did you find it? And am I understanding the mechanics of the class correctly?

Cheers - T

HunterOfJello
2012-01-13, 04:11 PM
The Hearld has 12 levels to it.

The specifics are spelled out in the errata (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/er/20040125a).

Thurbane
2012-01-13, 07:29 PM
Thanks, I should have thought of that! :smallbiggrin:

...even the errata is a bit wonky - the Reflex save doesn't follow a standard progression. :smalltongue:

HunterOfJello
2012-01-13, 08:18 PM
Thanks, I should have thought of that! :smallbiggrin:

...even the errata is a bit wonky - the Reflex save doesn't follow a standard progression. :smalltongue:

wow i didn't notice that. That's pretty weird. Was there a high, medium, and low base save progression in 3e or something? I dunno.

It's always sad when there are glaringly obvious flaws in published errata. :smallfrown:

daemonaetea
2012-01-13, 09:34 PM
I think people that make setting specific books just enjoy throwing in wonky progression in class stuff sometimes. I say this because the only other class I've ever seen with non-standard save progression was a few of the ones in the Kingdom of Kalamar Player's Handbook. It also had one class, the gladiator I believe, that had the following BAB progression: starts at 0, then progresses 1 every level, finishing at +19 at level 20.

Thurbane
2012-01-13, 10:11 PM
From memory. I think a couple of PrCs in the 3.0 books (Sword and Fist, Tome and Blood etc.) had non-standard BAB or Save progressions, but I think most got fixed in errata and/or 3.5 update.