PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] That one song from Rocky Horror...

Cardea
2012-01-14, 02:21 AM
So I need some help designing Chronomancer material.

There has been one person on the board who made a list of Time-related spells and powers, and I vaguely recall someone attempting to make a Chronomancer base class, but only wound up doing the first six levels. And then there was a Chronomancy Dragon Magazine article at one point.

All in all, very, very little.

So, people of ze playground, can you throw some ideas at me, for making Chronomancy material? Items? Prestige Classes? Base Classes? Templates? Spells? Powers? ACFs?

Bonus points if it doesn't relate to a clock.

Gavinfoxx
2012-01-14, 02:28 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166492

There's one of the links you mentioned

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225438

Oop! There's another.

Godskook
2012-01-14, 02:33 AM
Well, if you take just a step to the right, you can refluff a lot more psionic powers to be chronomancy like, and many already bear that theme.

Another good source of refluffing is luck feats and such.

Cardea
2012-01-14, 07:26 AM
Well, if you take just a step to the right, you can refluff a lot more psionic powers to be chronomancy like, and many already bear that theme.

I'm well aware of simply refluffing. That isn't what I'm going for.

Krazzman
2012-01-14, 09:34 AM
You should look into the Oracle with the Time Mystery (d20pfsrd.com).

dextercorvia
2012-01-14, 03:30 PM

Well then, you need to jump to the left.

Bring the powers in as spells.

Funkyodor
2012-01-14, 05:09 PM
Damn it, now I can't get Bat Out of Hell out of my mind.

Godskook
2012-01-14, 05:58 PM

Take your hands off your hips, or I'll bring my knee in tight.

Anyway, gathering material that's easily refluffed can go a long way towards establishing what you can make a homebrew class themed for, or you can simply expand a pre-existing class's arsenal to cover gaps.

Madcrafter
2012-01-14, 06:21 PM
There are also some third party chronomancy books that I think were alright, which I'm sure one might be able to find in certain locations on the internet (or portions/contents thereof). They might be able to give some ideas.

Dealing with time is somewhat difficult to do though, since it usually requires more effort from the DM, which is why it doesn't get done to often.

Venger
2012-01-15, 01:25 AM
So I need some help designing Chronomancer material.

There has been one person on the board who made a list of Time-related spells and powers, and I vaguely recall someone attempting to make a Chronomancer base class, but only wound up doing the first six levels. And then there was a Chronomancy Dragon Magazine article at one point.

All in all, very, very little.

So, people of ze playground, can you throw some ideas at me, for making Chronomancy material? Items? Prestige Classes? Base Classes? Templates? Spells? Powers? ACFs?

Bonus points if it doesn't relate to a clock.

I'm afraid I know of no base class for time magic, but the advanced player's guide (a white wolf book put out under the sword and sorcery label) has the chronomancer, which is pretty cool, even if you can't enter before level 15.

there's also the chronorebel from bruce cordell's most excellent "hyperconscious" a 10 lvl prc you can enter as normal at lvl 6 without particularly stringent prereqs if you're interested in rolling up a psionicist.

(edit) and zerth cenobite. how could I forget about complete psionic's zerth cenobite? it's another prc, but its backslide's quite close to bona fide time travel.