PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Rapid Reload and Musket Master

Down Comforter
2012-01-14, 04:12 PM
Hi all,

One of the players in my current campaign is playing a musket master archetype gunslinger. The musket master archetype allows for a musket to be reloaded as a one-handed gun at first level.

Would taking the feat Rapid Reload (Musket) reduce the reload action to a move action or would they not stack?

Bayonet Priest
2012-01-14, 04:42 PM
It stacks. So Musket Master + Rapid Reload = Move Action reload. Add Alchemical Cartridges to the mix and you get Free Action reload.

grarrrg
2012-01-14, 05:34 PM
Hi all,

One of the players in my current campaign is playing a musket master archetype gunslinger. The musket master archetype allows for a musket to be reloaded as a one-handed gun at first level.

Would taking the feat Rapid Reload (Musket) reduce the reload action to a move action or would they not stack?

I sure hope they would stack! Seeing as how Musket Master gets both.
Musket Master (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/gunslinger/archetypes/paizo---gunslinger-archetypes/musket-master) gets Rapid Reload for free at level 1.
Mustket-as-1-handed comes at level 3.

It would be obscenely silly if they did not.

Down Comforter
2012-01-14, 05:48 PM
That's part of my confusion actually. Would taking Rapid Reload stack with the Rapid Reload gained from the class in order to reload as a free/minor action at level 3?

legomaster00156
2012-01-14, 05:53 PM
That's part of my confusion actually. Would taking Rapid Reload stack with the Rapid Reload gained from the class in order to reload as a free/minor action at level 3?
Unless specifically stated, you cannot have 2 of the same feat, no matter their source.

maysarahs
2012-01-14, 05:54 PM
IIRC you can only take rapid reload multiple times to apply to different ranged weapons. Otherwise you can never take a feat you already have unless it explicitly says that you can (in which case it tells you what benefits you get)

To answer your question, you get rapid reload(muskets) at Lv1, then muskets as one handed at Lv3, taking RR again would only allow it to apply to another weapon, so no, you couldn't lower it even further. (Though aforementioned alchemical cartridges can do this)

Down Comforter
2012-01-14, 05:58 PM
Okay, thanks