PDA

View Full Version : help me make a character for a undead/lycanthrope hunting campaign!

mamothpriest
2012-01-14, 05:00 PM
Ladies and gentlemen of the playground!

I post here today to consult the collective wisdom of this forum in regards to making a character for an oddly restricting campaign.

Our characters are joining an organization devoted to the pursuit and erradication of undead and were-creatures. My normal choice would have been cleric (it's usually my job to be the primary caster), but my dm has restricted class choices to the point where the bard has the best spelcasting ability available; thus thoroughly cramping my style :smallfrown:

We're starting at level 3, and from what i understand, my party is a archer-fighter, a swordsage of some sort, a ranger who wants to be a swifthunter, and a rogue who wants to be party face.

So my request is as follows: what would you suggest that i play given the lack of casting and such?

Little Brother
2012-01-14, 05:13 PM
Honestly? The best bets pro'lly won't fly by a DM like that.

I'd still go for it, though. Go Human Factotum 1/Crusader 4/Ur-Priest 2/Ruby Knight Windicator 10, or RKV 9/Sacred Exorcist 1, then more Crusader, or another PrC for initiation, or whatever you want, really, given how you can cast and beat the crap out of things better than Cleric 20. Able Learner is needed, but boss anyways.

EDIT: Otherwise, you might want to go Bardzilla (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8595585), or just Bard 10/SC X/Random assortment of Casting advancing classes Y while still going for Bardzilla
I recommend Sacred Exorcist, for TU, though Catalogs of Enlightenment(DLCS Sun Domain) will get you TU just as well.

You could just go a straight-up bard Gish. With War Weaver, I believe, and minor optimization, you and your party are full BAB, and have a good +10 to hit and damage, plus 10d6 fire/acid/sonic/cold/electricity damage. Then use a +X Metaline club, and laugh at the Lycans and zombies as you butcher them all horribly.

Randrew
2012-01-14, 05:23 PM
What are your actual class restrictions? It is just that full casters are disallowed or is there a specific list of what you may or may not use?

mamothpriest
2012-01-14, 05:39 PM
Basically full casters are not allowed. He's more used to core, but he said to bring any ideas past him that are outside of that.

Edit: Right now, I'm thinking about running the idea of a totemist or binder past my DM. Any ideas on what I could do with those?