PDA

View Full Version : Dont Rest your Head help

Mindartis
2012-01-15, 04:01 AM
Alright, so I just received my copy of DRYH. I'm really liking it so far, and am looking foreward to GMing it, but there is one thing that is really confusing me. The Despair Coins. Honestly, I don't understand how to use them. I've read over the section several times, but am still just not getting it. Can anyone whose has had experience with the game help me out? It would be rather awesome of you.

Aik
2012-01-15, 04:13 AM
The GM gains a coin of despair whenever pain dominates. You can spend them during conflicts after the dice have been rolled to add a 6 to any pool, which will likely make that pool dominate. So, if Discipline dominates (making things more stable), but you'd rather things get crazier, you spend a coin of despair or two to make, say, Madness dominate instead. Spent coins of despair turn into coins of hope for the players.

Mindartis
2012-01-15, 08:34 AM
So, you get them when pain dominates, but you dont have to spend them? Or do you add them to the black bowl when pain dominates, then add them to the white when you decide to spend it, which would give it to the players?

The Dark Fiddler
2012-01-15, 09:53 AM
So, you get them when pain dominates, but you dont have to spend them? Or do you add them to the black bowl when pain dominates, then add them to the white when you decide to spend it, which would give it to the players?

The second one. You get the Despair Coin, and it goes into your pool. Whenever you decide to use it, which can be any point after, it goes into the Hope bowl for the players to use.

Edit: And just to reinforce the point: if you make pain dominate with Despair Coins, you don't get another coin for it.

Jessica1990
2012-01-15, 10:40 AM
I have learned a lot of practical things, thank you!