PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Incatations/Rituals and good spells to convert

Maquise
2012-01-15, 01:25 PM
I was thinking on, for a Pathfinder houserule, converting several spells to UA incantations. Things along the lines of Wish, Miracle, and other such spells. That got me thinking, what are your opinions on that whole system, and what are some good spells to transfer?

Yora
2012-01-15, 01:26 PM
The major problem is that it's Skill based and if you have players who want to get a skill really high, they can easily do so, making the incantations automatic successes.

The best spells for such a thing are those that are on the lists for bards, sorcerers, and oracles, but that characters of these classes would never select as spells known because there are so few situation where you need them.

zlefin
2012-01-15, 06:11 PM
just what are those things that can boost skills by a large amount?
and what books are those from?

Eldan
2012-01-15, 06:31 PM
I have a pretty long google document somewhere in which I've started turning spells into rituals. I'll go look for it, it might be a good starting point, though the rules are mostly homebrew, not the UA incantations.

Here it is. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XbHakmf4Nk2SyBHQgdW5TuTpoFunhujIvwrofVgOXJ0/edit?hl=en_US)

Edit: Those would mostly be custom-made items and certain spells. I.e. Guidance of the Avatar, which, IIRC, gives a bonus of +20 or +30 or something to a skill check. I've included a comment along the lines on "you can't boost this check, except in these ways...".