PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Statting Babydoll from Sucker Punch

Unseenmal
2012-01-15, 11:34 PM
I need some help....I will hopefully be joining a new game in a few weeks when I return from vacation and I wanted to play a character similar in fighting style to Babydoll from Sucker Punch. Using 3.5 preferably...I know using PF would be easier for having the Gunslinger class but the game is in 3.5 not PF. That's where I'm running into a wall...

I thought it would be cool to have a character TWF with 1 sword and 1 gun like she did. The GM is open and interested to see how it pans out but I'm drawing an utter blank on how to pull it off without the PF Gunslinger. If you must use the Gunslinger class, then go for it and I'll see if the GM would allow it. Anyway, onto the needed info

I am not 100% sure what books are allowed. The GM is pretty open to most 3.5 books (including ToB :smallsmile:). He does shy away from homebrew and dragon magazine stuff. So I suppose any other books would be allowed. Plus since he's interested in seeing how it would work, if I tell him I need stuff from random book #4 to do it, he would probably allow it.

I do know that the GM is starting us at 1st lvl so if you could include progression and feats....that would be awesome.

Oh and get this for stats...rolled in front of the GM...14, 13, 15, 16, 17, 17. Assign them where you need them...

Many thanks!!!

Gavinfoxx
2012-01-15, 11:40 PM
So that movie has 'real' 'level 1 disassociation' and 'level 2 disassociation'. The fighting style in L2 Disassociation would probably be done with Swordsage or Psychic Warrior, I think.

Bugbeartrap
2012-01-16, 12:01 AM
In Drow of the Underdark, there is a feat that counts as TWF and weapon focus for a rapier and hand crossbow. Maybe your DM will let you convert it to katana and gun?

KillianHawkeye
2012-01-16, 12:03 AM
In Drow of the Underdark, there is a feat that counts as TWF and weapon focus for a rapier and hand crossbow. Maybe your DM will let you convert it to katana and gun?

If so, it would probably require Exotic Weapon Proficiency for katana. I dunno how gun proficiencies are handled.

Gavinfoxx
2012-01-16, 12:04 AM
Or you could, you know. Reflavor a scimitar / saber / longsword.

SamBurke
2012-01-16, 12:18 AM
Or take a PF trait for Heirloom weapon, which gives you a free masterwork katana with which you have proficiency (admittedly, it's only THAT katana).

Callista
2012-01-16, 02:24 PM
Or you could, you know. Reflavor a scimitar / saber / longsword.Dagger and gun, maybe? Or a rapier. Lets you stack them both on dexterity.

I wonder if the melee weapon lets you avoid attacks of opportunity for firing the ranged weapon in melee?

Venger
2012-01-17, 03:21 AM
congratulations! you should check out the lucid dreaming skill in manual of the planes and the awakened dreamer class in hyperconscious. could be a ton of fun, allowing you to reshape the dreamscape around you as the movie does with its different stories.

shaikujin
2012-01-18, 09:37 AM
You definitely need 1 level of Celebrant of Sharess!

Fascinate creatures by making a Perform check. And have your audience "sit quietly and gaze at you" for as long as you continue the performance.

Babydoll's bonus to perform must be really high, with her being able to pull off the perform check by just doing some slight swaying :p

Gavinfoxx
2012-01-18, 10:41 AM
You definitely need 1 level of Celebrant of Sharess!

Fascinate creatures by making a Perform check. And have your audience "sit quietly and gaze at you" for as long as you continue the performance.

Babydoll's bonus to perform must be really high, with her being able to pull off the perform check by just doing some slight swaying :p

No no, that didn't happen in real life, that was in her level 1 fantasy dreamscape. When she was 'performing' in the level 1 fantasy world (the one with the dancing), in the real world (ie, the asylum that you see in the beginning and ending of the movie), she was being brutally raped. It's a movie about trauma, abuse, and clinical disassociation.

Unseenmal
2012-02-03, 01:50 PM
Sorry for the delay in replying to this...I was on vacation until yesterday.

It was for the lvl 2 disassocation that was mentioned. The parts where she's fighting to get the pieces. The Asylum/Club aspects are not really necessary for the purposes of this build.

I think Gavinfoxx might have it right with swordsage or psychic warrior being the best bets with maybe 1 level of Celebrant of Sharess as shaikujin suggested just to make it fun. The weapons don't have to be exact....katana would be a wasted feat on the proficiency, not that I would mind too much but I think it would work as another sword, simply reflavored.

As for the gun...hand crossbow should be OK. But if you really must or just plain wanna....try it with the PF Gunslinger...I still have not gotten the OK to use it but that's mostly because I've been halfway around the world for a few weeks.

Can someone put together a level 7 or 8 character for me...I am away from my books since they are currently in storage for a few more weeks and the group isn't meeting again until gameday. I'd like to have the character in hand. Optimization of the group is low to low-middle. We are more playing for the fun rather than overpowering dominance.

From the first post, here are my stats rolled...14, 13, 15, 16, 17, 17