PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Symbol of... question

Karoht
2012-01-16, 07:42 PM
The Symbol of [blank] spells. I'm playing a Pathfinder Oracle. Spell selection is limited. I was considering taking Symbol of Sleep to give me a battlefield control spell. But then I got to thinking about how these spells could be used.

Someone in another thread suggested inscribing the Symbol onto an object, like a small rock, and throwing the rock into combat, with an appropriate instruction built into the symbol.

I also got to thinking, if the rock is usable repeatedly (permenancy or not) would it be worth while to pay someone else to make such an object rather than take the spell myself? Even if it were only a once per day use item (for any of the Symbol of [blank] lines, including Symbol of Healing) it sounds like it would be an excellent tool.

I only had 5 minutes to glance at the spell description when someone suggested it to me, so I could be greatly mistaken on how this all works. And no, I can't look it up on pathfinder SRD due to blockers here on my work computer.

And yes, I'm aware that I should be playing a Cleric instead of an Oracle, the Life mystery/revelations sounded cool at the time, my next healer is a proper Cleric.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Comments about my sanity?

deuxhero
2012-01-16, 08:43 PM
Put it on a bouncy ball.

The_Scourge
2012-01-16, 09:26 PM
Friend of mine played an oracle with a symbol of persuasion tattooed on her hand.
"These are not the druids your looking for."

Hiro Protagonest
2012-01-16, 09:29 PM
Put it on a bouncy ball.

And hurl it into a mass of paladins/antipaladins, depending on your alignment.

Karoht
2012-01-16, 09:57 PM
Put it on a bouncy ball.See, that is what I was thinking. I guess my question is, can I recover the ball if I can find it, and can I re-use it? Is this legit?

Also, the DM is throwing lots of Evil and Undead at us lately. Symbol of Healing, while not the most powerful means to stop them, is rather useful. And if one were to make enough bouncy balls of Symbol of [blank] one could also in theory arm the entire party, giving them self heals AND some further solutions VS undead. If they had more self healing options, I would be burning less channels and would instead be helping out with more Divine Magic/Metamagic options.

Is it worth a spot in my limited spell list, or should I just pay for these to be made? Assuming that the bouncy ball suggestion actually does in fact work.