PDA

View Full Version : Total Annihilation: Kingdoms

Kenneth
2012-01-16, 08:16 PM
Ok.. so ive been trying to beat this fregging game for liek 14 years.. and no matter what I do or how I do it. I always end up losing.. all but 1 of my loses was due to elsin being a slow mo fo and dieing.

I tried looking up cheats.. trust me ive tried.. and the only cheats that work are for skirmish mode.. why would you ever ever ever need to cheat on teh easy mode of a game? damn you cavedog!!!!!!

anyways.. anybody know how to hack a fregging game to make my units invulvernable or have some type of super strategy that I have yet to try so I can finally beat this game..

if all else fails at least hook me up with an ending scene...

Triaxx
2012-01-16, 09:05 PM
TA Universe might have some ideas. I know they're mainly for OTA, but TA:K is also there. And it's possible you can mod in some 'super units' for the main missions. Just about learning how.

Of course, for the ending you could check YouTube.

Foeofthelance
2012-01-16, 09:25 PM
There's also the ridiculous trick of feeding your troops to one of your dragons or other AoE units. The game's experience counter doesn't care if they kill friendly units or not, just so long as a kill has been made. Though the more powerful units do require more feeding, they can quickly one shot even the bigger Kings/Queens in only a few hits.

Kenneth
2012-01-16, 11:30 PM
I tried youutbe the onyl ending scene is from the expansion... but thank you for the whole TA universe idea....

EDIT:: the mods do not exist on TA universe anymore...

Kenneth
2012-01-17, 09:03 PM
AWWWWW YEAH!!!!!

Finally after 14 ( maybe even 15) years I finally beat this game.. good old massive amount fo sky knights, dirigibles, all 3 dragons, ghost ships and those egg bomb birds on a direct attack lokken start is what got me through.. 2 hours and 27 minutes!!!

I LOVE EVERYBODY!!!

Daverin
2012-01-17, 09:05 PM
Well, I'm guessing you meant on the last mission. Fantastic job, btw! I found it easiest to sneak up into one of the walled corners and turtle HARD, and then just build what I could. I also probably could have trebuchet hopped.

And I love this game. Was kind of hoping it would be a more general thread...

Dragor
2012-01-18, 03:38 AM
TA:K was an amazing game, vastly underrated. I think the only reason it doesn't get more love is because original Total Annihilation fans were disappointed that it blocked them from the true sequel they wanted (although now they have Supreme Commander, and us TA:K fans have nothing!). TA:K is seriously a part of my childhood- I was blown away by the setting, even though looking back at it it was pretty cookie-cutter stuff, I loved how they did the exposition in the cutscenes- the art cut over by dialogue from quotes from historical texts or the people who were there. I always remember the Veruna sailor talking about the Zhan 'beasties' :smalltongue:

Ahhh, sorry, I'm gushing. Just love this game, so many good memories.

Kenneth
2012-01-18, 03:09 PM
yeah turtling is what I did though I only really buil towers at where I started from.. my bastion had 128 kills by the time i sent all my flying troops to kill Lokken

Elsin had 81 himself..

oddly enough I only built 3 trebuhets and they never really did much.. only managin to kill 10 amonst the three of them.

Yeah this was an amazing game overall. I mean what kind of game makes you try to almost 2 decades to beat the damn thing beucase is just that good..

Ill tell you TOTAL ANNIHILATION: KINGDOMS!!

My favortie faction of course was Aramon. having a leader that can rez teh oppositions builder units from the get go was well. a little TOO awesome..

Plus it totally fit with my whole ' MEGA TURTLE' playstyle.. if any of you guys used to play online and you ever had a 3 hour match trying to kill that on aramon player behind a billion walls and towers.. it was me.:tongue:

Foeofthelance
2012-01-19, 04:20 PM
Best way I have found to use Trebuchet's is to leave them sitting somewhere and just use them as an area denial weapon on a bridge or lodestone spot. The AI never quite manages to catch on, and will always send something into the blast zone. Same thing with mortars, cannons, and catapults.

ARTHAN
2012-02-14, 08:58 AM
AWWWWW YEAH!!!!!

Finally after 14 ( maybe even 15) years I finally beat this game.. good old massive amount fo sky knights, dirigibles, all 3 dragons, ghost ships and those egg bomb birds on a direct attack lokken start is what got me through.. 2 hours and 27 minutes!!!

I LOVE EVERYBODY!!!

OMG! At last a thread about Cavedog's Total Annihilation: Kingdoms! This real-time strategy desrves much more! By the way, do you know there is an expansion pack for TA:Kingdoms, known as "Total Annihilation: Kingdoms - The Iron Plague"? The expansion pack adds a new race, the Republic of Creon, a country based on science and reason, rather than magic. The Creonites battle with steampunk engines and they harvest mana with an industrial way, using Mana Refineries rather than magic Lodestones.
In the beginning, Creon was just a bunch of scattered tribes, however they became a powerful nation under the guidance of Garacaius! Yes, Garacaius, the father of the four monarchs of Darien had left his palace in secret and went west, where he became the founder of the Republic of Creon.
The expansion pack has its own campaign which is much more epic than the original, in my humble opinion always.
There are still people playing TAK online nowdays! Just visit these sites:
http://takuniverse.webs.com/
http://kingdoms.heavenforum.org/
I am so happy more people love this game, like you and me! Cya!!