PDA

View Full Version : Need a PrC!

Rossebay
2012-01-17, 06:42 AM
My Base Attack is 4, I cast Divine Spells of 2nd level, and I'm a Generic Warrior class with Smite and Turn Undead. I'm also a Hellbred, and half of my feats are the Devil-Touched feats. The rest are Rage, Smite, or Turn-related feats.

And I need a PrC. I'd like it to be 1 BAB and either 1 Bonus Feat or 1 Caster Level upon taking the first level. Any ideas?

Current Build is Warrior 2/Expert 2/Spellcaster 1, and I'm level 6.

Socratov
2012-01-17, 08:53 AM
To help you I need some more information, for instance: what Alignment are you currently? what feats do you exactly have? what skills do you have, and how many ranks have you put in it? what are your base save bonuses? Who is your parton diety (for divine casting)? what is the race/template/racial HD that offsets your ECL with 1? What do you want to do, just cast and hit or do you want a specific thing, like a trick, or specific role? What is your concept thusfar? What are your most used features?

and ofcourse: what books are available to you?

with the current information available (and the full BAB requirement and sudden entry) the only choice is

Sacred Fist (complete divine) for the spellcasting, unfortunately I couldn't find a class with the entering conditons you have, full BAB and a bonus feat.

Feralventas
2012-01-17, 03:02 PM
If you're willing to wait a level (needs +5bab) I think you can qualify for Warpriest. Grants full BAB, 1/2 divine casting progression, an extra domain and some decent class features along the way. Check Complete Divine.

Rossebay
2012-01-17, 04:14 PM
To help you I need some more information, for instance: what Alignment are you currently? what feats do you exactly have? what skills do you have, and how many ranks have you put in it? what are your base save bonuses? Who is your parton diety (for divine casting)? what is the race/template/racial HD that offsets your ECL with 1? What do you want to do, just cast and hit or do you want a specific thing, like a trick, or specific role? What is your concept thusfar? What are your most used features?

and ofcourse: what books are available to you?

with the current information available (and the full BAB requirement and sudden entry) the only choice is

Sacred Fist (complete divine) for the spellcasting, unfortunately I couldn't find a class with the entering conditons you have, full BAB and a bonus feat.

We are using the E6 system, so I only get 6 levels.

I have all books available.
I am a Hellbred Generic Fighter 2/Generic Expert 2/Generic Spellcaster 1.

My feats are as follows: (And I know I have a lot of feats, that's acceptable)
Devil's Favor
Devil's Flesh
Devil's Stamina
Devil's Tongue
Devil's Aura
Devil's Sight
Turn Undead
Smite Evil
Rage (as the class feature) (Whirling Frenzy Variant)
Divine Vigor
Extra Rage
Righteous Wrath (which, under houserule, lets me act normally while raging)
Sacred Healing
Power Attack

I get 2 more feats, and I could be convinced to drop Sacred Healing and Divine Vigor, so that's 4 feats of wiggle room.

My base save bonuses can be, well, whatever I need to qualify for a PrC, honestly. I could get 8/3/0, 6/5/0, 5/3/3... Whatever I need.

I can be any Good alignment that I need to be, though I could also pull Neutral if I absolutely needed to. I don't have any set skills yet, but I have 36 skill points to spend.

I have no set deity. I have no ECL offset, and I don't know what I want to do. I'd like to have more options than just casting 3 spells per day, or hitting things. My scores are as follows:
14 - Str
10 - Dex
16 - Con
10 - Int
16 - Wis
15 - Cha

I could be convinced to just take straight Generic Fighter for 5 levels if it got me into a PrC with Casting, and I'm open to ideas.

I just want to make him a decent Paladin-Type. His character concept is that, after the torture of hell, being purged of evil, and given a second chance, he's using the powers of evil (devil feats) to fight evil, but also learning from the side of good (Smite Evil, etc.).

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-17, 06:04 PM
You should be a prestige paladin, from the same book as the generic classes (Unearthed Arcana). Grab Mounted Combat as a feat and enjoy getting detect evil at will, an extra use of Smite, stacking levels for turning undead, and most importantly, +1 BAB, +1 divine casting, and adding all paladin spells to your divine spellcaster spell list.

Rossebay
2012-01-17, 06:12 PM
You should be a prestige paladin, from the same book as the generic classes (Unearthed Arcana). Grab Mounted Combat as a feat and enjoy getting detect evil at will, an extra use of Smite, stacking levels for turning undead, and most importantly, +1 BAB, +1 divine casting, and adding all paladin spells to your divine spellcaster spell list.

That could definitely work...

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-17, 06:14 PM
That could definitely work...

Are you disappointed? You asked how to become a paladin and my answer was "take a level of paladin". But this isn't like multiclassing, it actually changes your entire character into a paladin...with cleric, druid, and wizard spells. (Damn spellcasters and their awesomeness)

Rossebay
2012-01-17, 06:19 PM
Are you disappointed? You asked how to become a paladin and my answer was "take a level of paladin". But this isn't like multiclassing, it actually changes your entire character into a paladin...with cleric, druid, and wizard spells. (Damn spellcasters and their awesomeness)

Well, I like it, it doesn't consume a feat, and it does add 1 to my caster level, but something just feels off about it.

Which is weird, because Prestige Paladin basically has all of the abilities that I want.

Could I take that "paladin casting a as a swift action" feat from CChamp or DDiv or whatever it was?

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-17, 06:23 PM
Well, I like it, it doesn't consume a feat, and it does add 1 to my caster level, but something just feels off about it.

Which is weird, because Prestige Paladin basically has all of the abilities that I want.

Could I take that "paladin casting a as a swift action" feat from CChamp or DDiv or whatever it was?

The feat is called Battle Blessing, and it comes from Complete Champion. I'm not really sure how it interacts with prestige paladin, so it would be entirely up to your DM.

Alienist
2012-01-17, 06:24 PM

Yes. Battle blessing.

Rossebay
2012-01-17, 06:25 PM
Yes. Battle blessing.

...Swish. So taking that.

Now, does it only effect spells from the paladin spell list? Or, since I'm casting them like a Paladin, do they all count as Paladin Spells?

Keld Denar
2012-01-17, 08:44 PM
Have you looked into Ordained Champion from CChamp? You can sneak in 2 levels before you tap out in E6, which gives you the smite ability, which is kinda sexy, doubly so if you take Awesome Smite. You'll only get +1 spellcaster level in those 2 levels, but you'll get full BAB and you could probably wiggle a bonus feat depending on what domains you have, if any.

Hanuman
2012-01-17, 09:02 PM
Alternatively, gnorman e6 classes would work, found in the homebrew section.

Dr.Epic
2012-01-17, 09:05 PM
A know a great PrC. But you have to get struck by lightning first. Totally worth it!:smallwink:

Rossebay
2012-01-17, 09:29 PM
Have you looked into Ordained Champion from CChamp? You can sneak in 2 levels before you tap out in E6, which gives you the smite ability, which is kinda sexy, doubly so if you take Awesome Smite. You'll only get +1 spellcaster level in those 2 levels, but you'll get full BAB and you could probably wiggle a bonus feat depending on what domains you have, if any.

This is brilliant.