View Full Version : [4E] RB DND Campaign, Thread 3!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

LaZodiac
2012-01-17, 12:14 PM
Well then! Here is the third thread of the DND campaign that originated from the Randem Banter thread!

When we last left off, everyone had just gained 171 xp! Now then. To north of the party is a large iron door covered in runes. To their left is a smaller iron door, that looks unlocked.

What shall thou do?

Thread 1: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200295

Thread 2: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216389&page=52

Blue Ghost
2012-01-17, 01:19 PM
Juniper looks sadly at the body of the slain tiefling. Bast, didn't I tell you not to kill him?

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-17, 01:32 PM
Are those runes nice door decorations or a magical trap of some sort?

Arcana Check:[roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-01-17, 01:36 PM
Bufferbufferbufferbuffer

Adalhard: You can tell quite easily that these runes are a seal on the door, which stop it from being opened. You can however sense that somewhere in this mansion is a magic key, which would unseal the door.

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-17, 01:44 PM
"Keeping a prisoner at this time would have been an inconvenience, specially if it was one who openly lied and back-stabbed and had the ability to free himself of any bind by becoming smoke. We simply do not have the time to bind, interrogate and put-in-a-safe-but-locked-place-until-our-return anyone, anything left alive will probably return to back-stab us, specially considering these are their HQs and either we kill them or their superiors do for cowardice or allying with the enemy. On the note of us lacking time, we should get moving at once through the side door since the main door is magically locked, with it's key being somewhere in this building."

Blue Ghost
2012-01-17, 01:50 PM
You have a point, Adalhard. But if the leader of the Fell Court really is present, this is likely to be our final battle against the Fell Court. When the Fell Court is finished, all those left alive can be freed from its influence. We should try to avoid killing as much as possible, for hope is in sight.

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-17, 02:09 PM
"I can't really know if they would be pleased with being jailled or approve of us killing their leaders for that matter, but it is too soon to be speculating on that."

Adalhard checks the tiefling body for the key.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
/or attack the wall to create a new door at the side of the impenetrable magical colossus.

LaZodiac
2012-01-17, 02:57 PM
You do not find a key. However, you do find a flawless looking ruby. You'd judge from it's size it's worth about 50 gold.

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-17, 02:58 PM
Adalhard puts it back in the tiefling's pocket.
And reluctantly closes his eyes and pushes both parts of his corpse together.

"Should we get going?"

Teddy
2012-01-17, 03:09 PM
Elden walks around the previously undead and frees them of their collars.

I can't tell how useful these will actually be, but I'm not the person to turn down a potential asset. Perhaps I can combine them in some way for greater effect.

Arcana check: [roll0] (Now again!? I thought I had put that streak of bad luck behind me...)

Also, LaLa, a link to the previous thread would be useful.

LaZodiac
2012-01-17, 03:22 PM
Sorry about that Teddy, forgot to put it in there. It's in now.

And..yha. Nothing from that arcana check :smalltongue:

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-17, 03:54 PM
"You've seen those before?"

MoonCat
2012-01-17, 05:45 PM
Yeah, Elden was messing around with them in one of the other fights. And what's with the leaving behind valuable loot Adalhard?

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-17, 06:59 PM
"It was not the key to the door, it won't be inmediately useful and we'll return to this room later anyway."

absolmorph
2012-01-17, 07:11 PM
Teodor takes the ruby and slips it into a pouch.
"And we may be running for our lives as we do so, or someone else could come through and find it. No sense in leaving it behind when we can carry it without even noticing."

LaZodiac
2012-01-17, 07:24 PM
On that note, you now have some options.

1: Go through the door on the left
2: Go back down stairs and try the other stairs
3: Go back down stairs and try the other door.

What shalt thou do? *big ole epic voice for no reason~

Blue Ghost
2012-01-17, 07:33 PM
Teodor's got a point. Well, let's keep going! No time to waste!
Juniper motions toward the door on the left, which I believe is the most sensible choice right now.

MoonCat
2012-01-17, 10:08 PM
Well, first.

Just a sec...

Soaring Hawk or whatever.

Perception: [roll0]

LaLa, that roll was so epic, there had better be something awesome for it to see. :smalltongue:

LaZodiac
2012-01-17, 10:27 PM
Bufferbufferbuffer

Bast: You see nothing unique in the room. However, next room we go to, I will give you a little bonus thing. Don't worry :smallwink:

MoonCat
2012-01-17, 10:32 PM
Hehe, okay! :smalltongue:

Sure, next room it is. Pity we can't find the key.

LaZodiac
2012-01-19, 11:49 AM
Well then. Since no one is in disagrement, the party heads into the room on the left!
---------------------

You enter a room covered in a well kept red rug. To your left is an elegent looking bed with fine covers of red and gold color. To the right, there is a writing desk,a letter on it.

Bast: You are so familiarwith how the walls of this building look, you can tell instantly that there is a hidden door, right next to the writing desk

Map: http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7505/infounr.png

What shall you do?

MoonCat
2012-01-19, 12:12 PM
Guys. There's a door. Can you see it?

Blue Ghost
2012-01-19, 01:41 PM
Nope. You're the one with supernaturally keen eyesight, why don't you point it out to us?

Meanwhile, Juniper goes to the desk to examine the letter.

MoonCat
2012-01-19, 05:45 PM
You just walked over to it. It's next to the desk.

Bast walks over to the door herself, running a hand along it.

Any traps?

LaZodiac
2012-01-19, 06:05 PM
Juniper inspects the note, and reads it aloud.

"Dear Commander Sturmik.
I know your fighting in the deep south has been hard, but have no fear! After a brief jaunt into another plane with our new best friend, we will bring the entire section, including that insane Mandrake's unit, down to assist you in taking the objective.

I do worry a bit about our friend betraying us, you can never trust someone you can see through. But I've got a good back up plan. Hidden away in the sole of my shoe is a holy symbol of Pelor. Though it burns to walk, I'm sure this will help me if I ever need to defend myself.

On that note, I've expanded the size of my own personal portal, so that if I have to, I can abandon these poor sods to the wrath of the Lich.

For A Better Tomorrow, Melech Ambrose"

Bast:You detect no traps. Additionaly, you found the handle to the door!

MoonCat
2012-01-19, 06:08 PM
And there's the handle. Shall we go in there next?

Blue Ghost
2012-01-19, 06:13 PM
Hold up a minute. I'm trying to remember something.
Namely, if Juniper's heard the name of Commander Sturmik before.

History check: [roll0]

(Why is Juniper not trained in History? I must remedy that next level.)

LaZodiac
2012-01-19, 06:17 PM
Bufferbuffrbuffer

Juniper: You remember, a few months ago, hearing about a group of revolutionaries hiding out in the Blackwater Marshlands. You seem to recall that Sturmik was the name of the person in command, or atleast rumored to be as such.

Blue Ghost
2012-01-19, 06:26 PM
Commander Sturmik... If I recall correctly, he's a revolutionary warlord type from the Blackwater Marshlands down south. Looks like the Fell Court has more connections than I expected. Guys, what conclusions do you draw from the letter?

MoonCat
2012-01-19, 06:43 PM
That this was Melech's room?

absolmorph
2012-01-19, 07:46 PM
"Ambrose is helping start revolutions, presumably so the Court can get a better foot hold on whatever area revolts. Also, he has a private portal to somewhere, which could come in handy if we need to flee the lich ourselves. Oh, and either touching or being close to a holy symbol of Pelor burns him."

Teddy
2012-01-20, 01:48 AM
That I'm surprised by how poorly educated Melech apparently is, and that alone.

Elden checks any eventual drawers in the desk and the mattress in the bed for anything noteworthy.

LaZodiac
2012-01-20, 03:05 AM
That I'm surprised by how poorly educated Melech apparently is, and that alone.

Elden checks any eventual drawers in the desk and the mattress in the bed for anything noteworthy.

Other then some writing materials, you don't really find anything of note.

MoonCat
2012-01-20, 11:54 AM
Other then some writing materials, you don't really find anything of note.

Heehee. 'Of note'.

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-21, 01:10 AM
"This note... it can go into several directions:

It could be a trap, leading us into suspecting that Melech distrusts the lich and is ready to betray him, even giving something so tangible as a posible piece of evidence on a very convenient place. This would in turn, if planned, allow Melech to prove his innocence and reinforce the lich's trust in him.

It could be evidence of Melech's idiocy and disorganization and actually serve as catalyst to an internal conflict which would no doubt benefit us when the dust settles.

Or it could be a double trap, leading us to suspect a trap and in turn not accuse him, but in the process allowing Melech to carry the instruments of his backup.

Similarly, the fact that he has such confidence on Sturmik, and the way he refers to him as an equal, as to tell him of his lack of trust on the lich could be a ploy itself.

All in all, at the time it is only possible to hypothesize.

I think somebody with a keener eye for detail, like Ms. Halfcrescent, should study it to determine under which conditions it was written, or more importantly how long ago, since the fact that a room as central as this one, and also, one holding such valuable information, would be left unguarded is confusing.
Also of note would be to remain vigilant to Melech posture if we were to find him, since it would be a rather telling sign of the prescence or not of the incriminatory evidence and of his mental faculties."

absolmorph
2012-01-21, 01:42 AM
Teodor checks the door we entered through for a lock.

MoonCat
2012-01-21, 02:25 AM
Bast takes the letter and looks at it.

Teddy
2012-01-21, 05:18 AM
Elden ponders the contents of the letter:

Insight check: [roll0]

You know, Adalhard, even if it is a trap, I'd still say it's a pretty stupid one. We haven't been gone for all too long, and the process of writing a letter like this takes some time as well, time that is better spent preparing the defenses.

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-22, 04:14 PM
"Why prepare defences at all? Why not simply move the casting location? Specially considering they already know we know they are here it makes little sense if they wanted to keep it concealed or safe. In fact, why merely lock this door and not the whole entrance? Why leave the magical key on the other side?

There are also structural issues, why does their leader main chamber face a drake pit? Why is this room so isolated from the main house? There is obviously no kitchen, hall or living room nearby, despite it seeming this is a mansion, an Eladrin one specifically, the layout appears to conform more to a bunker of sorts.

We are not even sure the portal is on the other side, or for that matter in this building. In that note we could try blowing the wall instead of opening the door, it would be certainly easier and faster then looking over all of the house for a key, and that is considering if the key is in fact in this side, or there isn't another lock preventing us from reaching it.

Is the portal in this building?
Arcana Check: [roll0]

Teddy
2012-01-22, 06:13 PM
Are you serious? I came through that large door while running at full speed straight back to you right after I found myself standing in front the very gate we're talking about. The gate must be, and is, in this very building, as it's a permanent fixture and far too large to be moved, and dismantling it would break it's connection with it's power source, the feasting Death Troops, wasting all the days of charging it.

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-22, 08:18 PM
"It could have been a decoy, even then, nothing really stops them from building and powering it elsewhere, so they gain more by covering their tracks and redoing its building since their only real obstacle as of now is us, which with track covering could be somewhat overcome in the sense that it seems it doesn't take THAT long to actually get it running, while tracking them would take a fair amount of time, considering the fact that they simply need to get lost, they could even set up everything in the middle of nothing, and the world is pretty big in that regard."

absolmorph
2012-01-22, 10:46 PM
"We must assume that they haven't moved it until proven otherwise, or else this venture is pointless. They have had less than a day since they opened the gate, and they used a scroll, which I presume is usable only once, so either they don't have the resources available to open as many gates as they'd like or they have a plan so pointlessly complex that we have no idea what it is. For the sake of actually getting something done, Adalhard, please stop expecting them to have powers beyond what we can compete with unless you have some evidence to back it up."

LaZodiac
2012-01-23, 01:39 AM
Minor note. Untill my new computer iz up and running, I will uze my z'z az z'z.

Teodor checks the door we entered through for a lock.

The door to thiz room haz a lock. Additionaly,there iz no lock on the hidden door Bazt found.

Bast takes the letter and looks at it.

You look really really hard at the paper, and determine it iz ztill paper (inzight workz better for thiz :smallwink:)

Elden ponders the contents of the letter:

Elden: Az far az you can tell, thiz waz written quite calmy, likely yezterday.[/SPOILER

Is the portal in this building?

Adalhard: [SPOILER]Yez.

Teddy
2012-01-23, 03:44 AM
I can safely assure you that the gate was in no way a decoy, Adalhard. They even ordered me to cast the spell for them, which either means that the gate was real or that they intend to run me through in the casting process, which isn't too unlikely, but doing so would both be pointless and potentially dangerous, as I in my dying breath still should possess enough power to tear the scroll, thus rendering it useless.

And this letter was not written in a rush. I'd probably say yesterday, but for as long as it's older than an hour, that doesn't really matter.

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-23, 11:24 AM
How many portals can be sensed in the vicinity?

LaZodiac
2012-01-23, 11:54 AM
How many portals can be sensed in the vicinity?

Bufferbuffer juzt incaze

Adalhard: You can only zenze one portal, and it iz the zame feeling you felt when it waz firzt open.

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-23, 03:21 PM
Adalhard starts to draw circles with his left wrist.

"There is only one portal nearby, and it's the recently opened one, which means either the letter is a lie, or Melech isn't nearby.

Where to now? We either go through the secret door or the other entrances.

I'm in favour of going through the secret door."

Teddy
2012-01-23, 04:32 PM
I think you put too much weight on the last line, Adalhard. Especially since we don't have any clues about what he means with "personal portal", or what it is that he plans to do that would spark Femto's ire. And unless he was caught in Tandem's trap or left right after us, Melech Ambrose is still within the confines of this very building. I met him myself.

And the secret door seems to be the best path, given that it's the closest to the correct path. If you don't mind waiting 10 minutes, I can invoke divine guidance to point us in what should be the right direction, however.

Blue Ghost
2012-01-23, 06:32 PM
Divine guidance be as it may, I think we should find our own path.

Juniper opens the secret door.

LaZodiac
2012-01-23, 06:44 PM
Juniper enterz the zecret room, and findz within it two man zized towerz of obzidian. Nothing iz between the two towerz, but it haz the diztinct feel of magic to you magic uzerz.

Map: http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6691/infoec.png

Blue Ghost
2012-01-23, 06:46 PM
Juniper looks around the room and tries to get a bearing on the magic.

Arcana: [roll1]

MoonCat
2012-01-23, 06:48 PM
insight: [roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-01-23, 06:49 PM
Bufferbufferbuffer

Juniper: You can definitly tell thiz iz a portal of zome kind, and that the towerz had recently been increazed in zize. You can alzo tell that the maker waz not the mozt zkilled, and dezpit putting up the towerz, it waz only good for one real large (zay, around the zize of a human) tranzfer

Blue Ghost
2012-01-23, 06:54 PM
This is a portal, but it's not the lich's portal. It's been used recently, whether for going in or out, I don't know. One person has gone through it, and its energy has been expended. Also, the obsidian towers have been recently enlarged. I surmise that this could be Melech's personal portal. Adalhard, can you take a look and see what else you can see?

Another Arcana, to check where the portal may lead.

[roll0]

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-23, 06:55 PM
What is between the towers?

LaZodiac
2012-01-23, 06:55 PM
Bufferbuffer~

Juniper: Nope, no idea. You would azzume it leadz to Zturmik though.

Adalhard: You can tell quite eazily that thiz portal leadz zomewhere zouth, likely to a zwampy area.

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-23, 07:09 PM
"It leads to a swamp or a swamp-like area on the south."

Are there any major Arcane casters in the vicinity?

LaZodiac
2012-01-23, 07:16 PM
Bufferbufferbuffer

Adalhard: It'd hard to zenze, what with the whole "portal magic energy radiating through the place", but you can zenze what feelz like an illuzionizt in the room behind the magicaly locked door.

Blue Ghost
2012-01-23, 07:50 PM
Juniper's eyebrows crease as the implications sink in. ... Drat and bother. Melech's gone off to the south. There goes our chance of taking down the Fell Court... Well, we still have this branch to contend with, and souls to save.

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-23, 09:07 PM
"We never had any chance to take it down in here, since that branch doesn't immediately disappear or probably cares if this one does.

Also, the trap seems to have failed for the lich is next to the gate at this very moment."

Teddy
2012-01-24, 03:10 AM
You keep drawing too many conclusions from what you know, Adalhard. Nothing said that Femto was affected by the trap to start with, or, since he's a powerful caster himself, that he could have negated the trap so that it didn't fail per see, but rather was prevented from affecting him.

And now that we've run into a dead end, what do you say about my previous offer?

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-24, 03:24 PM
"I never said failed to trigger, which is irrelevant, for the results was what concerned us, and at this very moment, gigant ball of arcane energy 1, named Gate is next to gigant ball of arcane energy 2, named Lich, also known as Femto.

It failed to do anything meaningful, Melech seems to have left voluntarily and the lich is still there.

I don't particularly like the idea of sitting idle for ten minutes, and we really only have two options left, which means we could divide ourselves into two units without many issues."

Teddy
2012-01-24, 06:33 PM
Except that we do not nearly fight as well in separate groups, and we lack any mode of communication, meaning that whenever one group finds the correct path, they won't be able to contact the other group, so they'd have to go back to some rendezvous point and hope that the other group won't be long before they return. The other group, in turn, won't be able to tell if they actually can't get to the gate before they've searched pretty much the entire complex accessible to them, a task that definitely is going to take more than ten minutes to complete.

If you're concerned about time, try to put things into perspective first. If you're just impatient, go and sparr with Bast or something.

MoonCat
2012-01-24, 07:30 PM
!

Good heavens Elden.

Blue Ghost
2012-01-24, 07:57 PM
As much as I want to finish this as soon as possible, I think spending ten minutes to consult the gods may just save us time in the long run. Better than standing around arguing, anyway.

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-24, 09:11 PM
"In the meantime I'll be doing something else then wait for divine intervention"

Adalhard goes to study the magical runes on the doors.

Time since casting
Duration
Arcana Check:[roll1]
Relative power level of spell or user
Arcana Check:[roll2]

And the overall magic behind the lingering aura of this mansion being teleported
Arcana Check:[roll3]

And on the architectonic style as well as layout of the mansion to deduce origin, lineage and approximate age.
History Check:[roll4]

LaZodiac
2012-01-24, 09:19 PM
"In the meantime I'll be doing something else then wait for divine intervention"

Adalhard goes to study the magical runes on the doors.

Time since casting
Duration
Arcana Check:[roll1]
Relative power level of spell or user
Arcana Check:[roll2]

And the overall magic behind the lingering aura of this mansion being teleported
Arcana Check:[roll3]

And on the architectonic style as well as layout of the mansion to deduce origin, lineage and approximate age.
History Check:[roll4]

Adalhard: You can tell that the runez on the door are not recent at all. The duration laztz bazically forever, or untill dizpelled. You can tell that the cazter iz actually quite powerful, az well iz the runez itzelf.

Additionaly, all you can really tell about the manzion'z lingering aura iz that "it waz teleported".

Az for your hiztory check, you are fairly certain that thiz iz an Eladrin manzion, and waz built fairly long ago. You'd need to find a crezt of zome kind to be zure onthe lineage though.

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-24, 09:22 PM
Adalhard starts looking around for any signs of banners, crests, engraved ornaments, or anything that could help determine the nature of the nobility that here used to reside.

LaZodiac
2012-01-24, 09:23 PM
You can't really find anything like that here, unfortunately.

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-24, 09:24 PM
Has anything disturbed the portal, like passed through it?

LaZodiac
2012-01-24, 09:26 PM
No, and you guyz would know if it did. Don't worry about it :smallbiggrin:

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-24, 09:27 PM
Then Adalhard starts skinning the Tiefling's right arm.

MoonCat
2012-01-24, 10:05 PM
Wait, teifling? What teifling?

Did we kill something while I wasn't looking?

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-24, 10:09 PM
Wait, teifling? What teifling?

Did we kill something while I wasn't looking?

The blackheart Bast made two.

MoonCat
2012-01-25, 12:54 AM
The blackheart Bast made two.

I thought we were in that other room with the two pillars...

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-25, 01:11 AM
I thought we were in that other room with the two pillars...

Adalhard decided that since the casting was inevitable, he might as well make productive use of his ten minutes walking around the explored zone and vicinities studying surroundings and following through with promises.

Blue Ghost
2012-01-25, 01:42 AM
Juniper walks in on Adalhard skinning the tiefling. Horrified, he draws his sword. Adalhard! What are you doing?

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-25, 02:56 AM
"Following up on a promise, at least partially, and erasing any trace of trust I could have had in this creature.

Do not mind me, I only intend to clear the area between his right wrist and his elbow if you so wish to proceed with the wholeness of his body."

Teddy
2012-01-25, 11:32 AM
Elden sits down and spreads his fire in a circle around him. Then he starts to chant in long and drawn out tunes as he mentally directs the fire around him, focusing it more and more in front of him over time. Woven into his song is this question, but it's too drawn out for most to hear:

In our mission to reach nearby obsidian gate open to the far realm, should we go through the iron door or the other set of stairs that can be found downstairs from this room?

After ten minutes, the fire surges up into a hand of light and fire that gesticulates the correct answer to him. Elden stands up, bow his head to the hand, whereafter he turns around and the hand dissipates.

LaZodiac
2012-01-25, 12:05 PM
The Hand of Fate pointz directly down. You are all zmart enough to know that meanz the iron door.

Teddy
2012-01-25, 02:31 PM
Elden walks out to the rest of the group. He gives Adalhard and the tiefling a strange look, but decides to not inquisit further into the matter.

The door downstairs it is. Did anyone take the gem you found on the tiefling, Adalhard, or is it still on the body?

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-25, 03:06 PM
"Teodor did"

Blue Ghost
2012-01-25, 03:34 PM
Juniper sheathes his sword. I thought for a moment there you were possessed, Adalhard. Do be careful. We don't know what influence the devils have in this place. If you have to skin fallen enemies, please do it outside.

He then proceeds to depart for the door Elden indicated.

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-25, 03:46 PM
"I do not feel any kind of demoniacal or diabolical influence in this location, only a strong arcane atmosphere. Also, dragging the body outside for such a simple procedure would have been a waste of time."

Adalhard goes outside as well.

LaZodiac
2012-01-25, 03:54 PM
Ok!
-----------

You all return to the main room, and go through the iron door. It leadz into a zimple hallway, with a turn to the right. There iz another iron door at the end of the hall. A quick glance to the right zhowz that a coatrack or two iz over there, amoung variouz bitz of noble clothz and armor.

Elden, Juniper, Adalhard: You can zenze zome magic from the pile.

MoonCat
2012-01-25, 04:01 PM
Bast prods the armor with her sword.

EDIT: Make that 24,not 23. :smallredface:

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-25, 04:10 PM
School, harmful/beneficial, temporary or enchanted onto?

If not harmful, Adalhard searces for embroideries of insignias, and tries to determine what pieces are enchanted if that happened to be the case.

LaZodiac
2012-01-25, 04:40 PM
Bufferbufferbuffer

Bazt: Mozt of the armor lookz kinda crappy for you, but it and the clothz look like they are in good quality.

Adalhard: You eazily deduce that two zpecific bitz of armor are the zource of thiz magic. Two zuitz of leather armor. One iz a leather Zylvan Armor, and another iz leather Aegiz Expanzion armor. Both are of great elven quality.

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-25, 04:45 PM
Any regal/royal/noble insignia or embroidery?

History Check: [roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-01-25, 04:50 PM
Bufferbufferbuffer

Adalhard: After zome ztudying, bazed on the weave, ztyling, and variouz other featurez, you can tell that thiz ztuff iz not only of Eladrin quality, not Elven, but iz quite zimiliar to your own clothing! If you had to hazard a guezz, thiz manzion uzed to belong to a noble of the Winter Court'z city which you hail from which I forgot the name of :smallredface:

MoonCat
2012-01-25, 05:04 PM
"Mozt of the armor lookz kinda crappy for you, but it and the clothz look like they are in good quality."

What it?

Teddy
2012-01-25, 05:07 PM
Elden walks over to the other door, stops, studies it for a moment and then puts his ear to it.

Perception check: [roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-01-25, 06:01 PM
Bufferbufferbuffer

Bazt: I mean, the armor lookz like it wouldn't be uzeful to you, but dezign wize it lookz nice, at the very leazt

Elden: You hear, faintly, zome, you azzume anyway, tieflingz talking. "Come on guyz. One more zhot. I'm zure the ole girl will be able to catch it!". You're not zure, but you imagine they are having a wager of zome zort.

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-25, 06:30 PM
Disquietly Adalhard says:

"This mansion is of Mistral procedence, the weaving patterns, and overall quality of this garment are quite obviously pertaining to the Winter Court, and they are without a doubt of eladrin craftmanship.

In relation to the leather armours, one is Sylvan, the other one is of Aegis Expansion [LaZ Homebrewed version TM]."

LaZodiac
2012-01-25, 06:41 PM
What pink hair meanz iz that they are magic and the manzion iz from where he livez :smalltongue:

Alzo, I zhould note, you guyz have had a zhort rezt, zo don't forget to heal up if you need it!

Teddy
2012-01-26, 01:38 AM
Elden: You hear, faintly, zome, you azzume anyway, tieflingz talking. "Come on guyz. One more zhot. I'm zure the ole girl will be able to catch it!". You're not zure, but you imagine they are having a wager of zome zort.

Oh, this ought to be good. Elden tries to figure out what they're up to.

Insight check: [roll]1d20+11[roll]
Urk, broken tags. Rerolling below.

Teddy
2012-01-26, 01:39 AM

LaZodiac
2012-01-26, 03:59 AM
Bufferbufferbuffer

Elden: After zome intenze liztening and thinking, you finall dizcern what they are probably doing. One of them iz throwing zomething to a drake in the room, and making a bet with, at minimum 2 other people, about it'z ability to catch it. The thrower appearz to be winning quite eazily, due to a very likely azzumption that he perzonaly trained the drake in queztion.

Az a note, you're fairly certain what'z being thrown iz meat. At thiz point you'd guezz drake meat.

Teddy
2012-01-26, 09:27 AM
Elden steps away from the door again.

There are more tieflings and drakes behind this door. They're playing a game of some sort, so they haven't noticed us yet.

MoonCat
2012-01-26, 10:25 AM
Cards or dice?

Teddy
2012-01-26, 05:03 PM
Drake. Character limit limits the use of short exclamations...

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-26, 06:40 PM
Adalhard takes the Leather Armours and the cloths.

"How does one play that?"

Adalhard tries too look into the room from the bottom of the door.

LaZodiac
2012-01-26, 08:16 PM
All Adalhard, or anyone can zee if they look under the door, iz the dark red of carpetting. It'z a good thing the door zwingz towardz the area you are in, the carpet would make it quite hard to puzh open!

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-26, 10:07 PM
"Mr. Elden, is it within your realm of possibility to light carpets "

MoonCat
2012-01-26, 11:23 PM
If it isn't, I'll gladly just use some matches like us non-magical folk do. Bast remarks snidely.

absolmorph
2012-01-26, 11:28 PM
((How is the room lit?))

"Fah. Who needs matches when you have flames on your head."

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-26, 11:37 PM
In a rather low volume:

"The room where our soon to be opponents are, is carpeted, if "somehow" we could lit it up from this side, they would be forced to either evacuate the room, in the process being easily ambushed from this side, or they would burn to death.

Or put it out and come out anyway due trying to find the reason and get promptly dealt with".

MoonCat
2012-01-26, 11:58 PM
Bast actually giggles. Because using your head everytime I needed a light would be rather like striking a match on a friend of mine who was a stone golem.

LaZodiac
2012-01-26, 11:58 PM
((How is the room lit?))

"Fah. Who needs matches when you have flames on your head."

The hallway haz the zame lightning az the main area.

In a rather low volume:

"The room where our soon to be opponents are, is carpeted, if "somehow" we could lit it up from this side, they would be forced to either evacuate the room, in the process being easily ambushed from this side, or they would burn to death.

Or put it out and come out anyway due trying to find the reason and get promptly dealt with".

I will note that zince the building iz made of ztone, fire won't be THAT effective. For the mozt part you'd imagine theze guyz are all fire reziztent in zome way, after all.

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-27, 12:15 AM
"Mr. Elden, do you have any black powder left?"

absolmorph
2012-01-27, 01:29 AM
Teodor grabs a lantern from the wall.
"Lets waste their resources, not ours."

LaZodiac
2012-01-27, 01:36 AM
I'd juzt like to note that you can zee under the door. Thiz by no meanz meanz you can ztuff a burning oil lamp in zaid crack.

However, they ARE unaware of you. You could, theoreticaly, zwing that door open and tozz that zucker right at em! It'd be ztr vz reflex if you're curiouz.

absolmorph
2012-01-27, 01:38 AM
((It's almost like you could tell what I was planning!))

Teddy
2012-01-27, 03:48 AM
"Mr. Elden, do you have any black powder left?"

I do, but I don't think the challenge warrants it. They're at least three tieflings and a drake, possibly more, which doesn't strike me as particularily remarkable. If I am to use expensive explosives, then it's when the situation calls for it. If we are to take them by surprise, there are several other stategies to open up with as well, most of which don't require any contingent planning.

And Teodor, tieflings burn about as well as damp wood. Throwing fire at them is going to be mostly inefficient.

absolmorph
2012-01-27, 05:23 AM
"I know, trust me. However, I can also say from experience that it's still irritating, and smoke is still difficult to deal with."

Teddy
2012-01-27, 07:00 AM
Lamp oil doesn't produce especially much smoke, you know. It would just soot up the laterns otherwise.

absolmorph
2012-01-27, 03:05 PM
"And carpet?"
Teodor gestures at the bottom of the door.

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-27, 03:10 PM
"Depends on the thickness, but you need an accelerant unless it's really woolly, in which case fire would spread very slowly. And even then it doesn't produce much smoke. However, if you manage to light most of it up in one try it's practically impossible to put the fire off."

Teddy
2012-01-27, 05:44 PM
Besides, I don't think smoke would aid anyone, and having to walk on embers is something I'd rather avoid.

Blue Ghost
2012-01-27, 07:43 PM
Why must you go to fire as the solution for everything? What's wrong with a good voice and some cold steel?

Juniper draws his sword and makes to open the door, and will do so if no one stops him.

absolmorph
2012-01-28, 12:42 AM
Teodor stops Juniper.
"Well, aside from the fun of burning things you dislike? It tends to be effective. And a nice show. Also, if we're not using fire, shouldn't someone else take the lead?"

Blue Ghost
2012-01-28, 01:15 AM
Juniper folds his arms. Fine, if you insist, set the place on fire. But remember, we want them alive if possible.

absolmorph
2012-01-28, 01:36 AM
"Actually, I was suggesting Adalhard, Bast or Carric go in first."

Blue Ghost
2012-01-28, 01:45 AM
"Actually, I was suggesting Adalhard, Bast or Carric go in first."

Why? Think I'm not strong enough to take 'em?
Juniper smiles, his sword glowing with a faint green light.

absolmorph
2012-01-28, 01:56 AM
"Well, I believe Adalhard and Carric are better suited to take them, and I don't think they can take Bast."

Blue Ghost
2012-01-28, 02:00 AM
Come on, you don't think I can take them?

Unless there's a really strong protest at this point, Juniper will open the door.

MoonCat
2012-01-28, 02:03 AM
Nope.

:smalltongue:

Blue Ghost
2012-01-28, 02:12 AM
Sword drawn, Juniper opens the door, calling cheerfully to the creatures on the other side, Hey guys, mind if we pass through?

Teddy
2012-01-28, 07:06 AM
Umm, Juniper, don't you think it would be prudent to equip ourselves first?

Elden gesticulates toward Adalhard and the magical armours.

Blue Ghost
2012-01-28, 11:16 AM
Umm, Juniper, don't you think it would be prudent to equip ourselves first?

Elden gesticulates toward Adalhard and the magical armours.

... Right. Take your time then.

MoonCat
2012-01-28, 01:42 PM
You just announced yourself to our enemies? What the hell Juniper!

LaZodiac
2012-01-28, 03:40 PM
I'm calling that, zince Teddy iz a victum of the time ztream, hiz comment happenz BEFORE Juniper leavez the room and announcez the partiez prezence to the enemiez.

He then doez zo, ztepping into the room with the party!
------------------------------

The room iz lighted az previouz roomz. On the floor iz anold, worn down red carpet. At the far end of the room iz a nice red chair with gold embrodiery, and zimple red lovezeat. Between the two iz a zmall table with a pink table cloth on it. On the cloth iz a large ztack of bloody meat. You can eazily tell the tablecloth waz not originaly pink.

To the right of all that iz a green, devilizh looking drake with large hind legz and a bloody maw. A zpiked coller iz round it'z neck, which iz the in turn connected to a chain, connected to a pozt, and jammed in the floor. You can tell the chain iz around ten feet.

There are three iron doorz, one in each direction.

Zitting in the embroidered chair iz a tiefling, and in the lovezeat iz a tiefling and an elf. All three of them jump from their zeatz and draw their weaponz.

Map: http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/2176/maaaapy.png

Roll Initiative

MoonCat
2012-01-28, 03:46 PM
I cannot believe how stupid this is...

[roll0]

absolmorph
2012-01-28, 03:46 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Blue Ghost
2012-01-28, 09:25 PM
You figured we had a chance of sneaking through?

[roll0]

Teddy
2012-01-29, 07:15 AM

Also, Elden claims the Sylvan Armour, mostly because he's the only one of the old team wearing non-magical leather at the moment, and I figure that stuff starting with "Ae" is reserved for Aedalhard. :smallwink:

LaZodiac
2012-01-29, 12:36 PM

Also, Elden claims the Sylvan Armour, mostly because he's the only one of the old team wearing non-magical leather at the moment, and I figure that stuff starting with "Ae" is reserved for Aedalhard. :smallwink:

Well, also that it's an armor that increases the ability of an Aegis, and Adalhard is a swordmage, so Aegis's are his thang, as it were.

Speaking of, Pinkhair is away for a bit, so I shall roll his initiative and stuff.

Elden: Just incase, Sylvan Armor gives you a magical +1 to AC, Acrobatics, and Stealth. Yha, I know it's not the beeeeeest for you, but I really wasn't sure what to outfit you with.

Adalhard Initiative: [roll0]

--------------------------

Fellcourt Underboss: [roll1]

Fellcourt Elven Fleetfoot: [roll2]

Fellcourt Ruffian: [roll3]

LaZodiac
2012-01-29, 12:38 PM
Forgot the Leaping Felldrake aaaaaaaaah.

Leaping Felldrake: [roll0]

All that remains is Carric

Ranger Mattos
2012-01-29, 02:02 PM

EDIT: Never fails.

LaZodiac
2012-01-29, 02:06 PM
Initiative set!

Teodor 25
Juniper 21
Felldrake 16
Fleetfoot 16
Adalhard 14
Underboss 13
Bazt 12
Carric 11
Elden 10
Ruffian 5

Teodor goes first!

absolmorph
2012-01-29, 02:10 PM
Teodor will shift to D2 and use Commander's Strike to let Bast make a Melee Basic Attack against the felldrake, dealing an extra 3 damage.

Teddy
2012-01-29, 04:16 PM
Elden: Just incase, Sylvan Armor gives you a magical +1 to AC, Acrobatics, and Stealth. Yha, I know it's not the beeeeeest for you, but I really wasn't sure what to outfit you with.

I'm not complaining.

Also, Adalhard hasn't added the +2 Initiative bonus from Teodor to his sheet. His result is 16, not 14.

Blue Ghost
2012-01-29, 05:08 PM
And I realize I also have neglected to add the initiative bonus from Teodor. Juniper's initiative should be 23 (not that it matters).

MoonCat
2012-01-29, 05:31 PM
so bast's would be 14 then.

MoonCat
2012-01-29, 05:58 PM
Bast stabs the thing next to her.

Attack: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

LaZodiac
2012-01-29, 06:01 PM
With a fierce slash, Bast bloodied the leaping felldrake in one swift blow! It lizard sounds in fear and rage!

Juniper's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-01-29, 06:07 PM
Juniper hums an old Avandrian hymn, his armor taking on a calm green glow. He steps toward the drake and slashes at it with his sword, which hums through the air, leaving a trail of green light in its wake.

Minor action: Virtue (spend a healing surge to gain 11 temporary HP)
Move action: Shift to B5.
Standard: Attack the drake with Valorous Smite

Damage: [roll1], and each enemy within 3 squares is subject to Juniper's divine sanction for one round.

HP: 44/44 (11 temporary)

LaZodiac
2012-01-29, 06:59 PM
Juniper's blade decapitates the Felldrake, which howls in it's deathrows.

Next is the Elven Fleetfoot's turn!

The elf leaps over the couch *shift to B4, utilizing Wild Shift to ignore difficult terrain* and attacks Juniper with Sly Attack! His dagger glows with a dark power as he attacks!

Juniper: [roll0] vs Reflex

[roll1] damage if it hits. If it misses, half damage.

Bast's Turn!

MoonCat
2012-01-29, 07:05 PM
Okay, Bast attacks the thing at B4.

Damage; [roll1]

If that hits,

Attack: [roll2]

Damage; [roll3]

LaZodiac
2012-01-29, 07:15 PM
Bast brings her broadswords down on the fleetfoot, carving gigantic gashes in his chest. The fleetfoot is really, really bloodied.
-----------------------

Adalhard shall move up to C3, and swish his sword in a half circle, a trail of icy wind following behind it as he does so. Ruffian and the heavily damage Fleetfoot are targetted by his Swordburst!

Ruffian: [roll0] vs Reflex

Fleetfoot: [roll1] vs Reflex

[roll2] damage if it hits.

The Ruffian takes the blow, brought down by the slash! But the Fleetfoot manages to duck the blade, snarling!

Underboss is next!

LaZodiac
2012-01-29, 07:19 PM
The underboss moves to C1 and attacks Teodor with his bastard sword.

Teodor: [roll0] vs AC

[roll1] damage if it hits. No matter what, you are marked by the Underboss.

Carric's turn!

Teddy
2012-01-30, 03:27 AM
A new map would be nice. I'm a bit confused about where everyone is at the moment.

LaZodiac
2012-01-30, 11:26 AM
Sorry about the lack of map in this fight. Don't have photoshop downloaded on my new computer yet, so I have to use my old one.

Map: http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/4682/maaaap.png

Still Carric's turn

Ranger Mattos
2012-01-30, 04:59 PM
Carric moves to C2, then attacks with Hesitation Slash.

[roll0]
Damage: [roll1], and grants combat advantage until the end of my next turn, and marked.

LaZodiac
2012-01-30, 05:53 PM
Carric slices at the Underboss, striking across his chest and wounding him fairly nicely.

Elden's turn!

Teddy
2012-01-30, 06:28 PM
Elden invokes Sun Strike, searing the underboss:

Attack vs. Ref: [roll0]

Radiant damage: [roll1] and slide to B2

Then he's going to spend an action point.

Teddy
2012-01-30, 06:34 PM
Spending an action point:
Elden invokes Blades of Astral Fire on top of Adalhard. Attacks vs Ref:

Underboss: [roll0]

Fleetfoot: [roll1] Elven Accuracy

Fire damage: [roll2] and A, E and T all recieve +4 to AC until the end of my next turn

Teddy
2012-01-30, 06:35 PM
Reroll using Elven Accuracy:

Fleetfoot: [roll0] (you've got to be kidding me)

LaZodiac
2012-01-30, 06:49 PM
Elden's assault of burning, holy light seers the Underboss, who howls in pain as he is bloodied. The fleetfoot deftly dodged the divine attacks.

Teodor's turn!

absolmorph
2012-01-30, 09:16 PM
Teodor will use Inspiring Word on himself as a minor action, using a healing surge and healing an additional [roll0] hit points.
For his move action, he'll shift to D1.

He'll then make a melee basic attack, targeting the underboss.
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
If he hits, he'll use Surprise Strike, so the underboss will be dazed until the end of Teodor's next turn.

Hit points: 34/40

LaZodiac
2012-01-30, 09:18 PM
Teodor makes a deft jab at the Underboss, taking him through the chest. As the tiefling reels in pain, Teodor gives him a strong bash on the head with the back end of his spear, dazing him!

Juniper's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-01-30, 10:48 PM
Juniper winces as the fleetfoot's dagger slashes his arm, but as the elf withdraws his dagger, the wound instantaneously disappears, healed by the glow of Avandra. He smiles. That's the benefit of choosing your own path, see. What I cannot comprehend is why you folk would enslave yourselves to the legions of hell and an undead monster. Care to explain to me?
As he talks, he maneuvers himself around the elf and takes up a flanking position. Then he strikes with a quick sting with the flat of his sword.

Shift to C5.
Attack the fleetfoot with Ardent Strike (nonlethal).

Damage: [roll1], and the target is subject to divine sanction for one round.

Minor: Divine sanction on the underboss.

HP: 44/44 (4 temp)

LaZodiac
2012-01-30, 10:50 PM
With a thud, the Fleetfoot falls to the ground, knocked unconcious!

Bast's turn!

MoonCat
2012-01-30, 11:52 PM
Map please.

MoonCat
2012-01-31, 12:15 AM
Bast circles around Juniper to get to where she's flanking with Adalhard.

if that hits

Attack: [roll2]

Damage: [roll3]

LaZodiac
2012-01-31, 12:21 AM
Although heavily wounded, the underboss manages to dodge Bast's brutal assault! He grunts in pain "You...you will never defeat us! We will take our lands back, and all shall bow to us!"

Adalhard is next!

Blue Ghost
2012-01-31, 12:22 AM
Your lands... back? Adalhard, can you please spare the guy's life, so we can chat?

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-31, 12:58 AM
"The recent turn of circumstances forces me to have to deny your request Mr. Xander."

A blizzard runs around Adalhard while he does a semi-circular horizontal slash from B2 to B4.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Sword Burst:Hits all around
B2 [roll0]
B4 [roll1]

Damage: [roll2]

LaZodiac
2012-01-31, 03:42 AM
Adalhard's blade cuts down the Underboss, and the backswing carves into the knocked out elve's body. He's incredibly hurt, but still alive.

Encounter over! Everyone only gets a paltry 63 XP.

Blue Ghost
2012-01-31, 03:47 AM
Whoo!

Juniper examines the underboss. Seeing him slain, he shakes his head. Adalhard, didn't I kindly ask you to leave him alive? How am I supposed to carry out my mission if you keep killing my prospects?

He walks over to the elf and is relieved to find him breathing.

Can Juniper tell something about his tribe or background from his clothing, appearance, etc?

Insight: [roll0]
History: [roll1]
And a Perception, for good measure. [roll2]

LaZodiac
2012-01-31, 03:51 AM
Bufferbufferbuffer

Juniper: You can easily tell that any indentification you could of gleaned was worn out long ago. Wearing standard Fellcourt armor, nothing out of the ordinary, you imagine this is someone who willingly joined, gave up his home for them.

Blue Ghost
2012-01-31, 03:58 AM
No home for you, eh? 'Tis a shame.

Cradling the elf's head, he softly sings a song of the elven homelands.

See the roving river run
Over hill and dale
To a secret forest place,
O my heart, Noonvale.
Look for me at dawning
When the sun’s reborn
In the silent beauty
Twixt the night and morn.
Wait till the lark ascends
And skies are blue.
There where the rainbow ends
I will meet you.

As he sings, he works his bardic magic, healing the elf's wounds but leaving him unconscious. Sleep well, and dream of the lands from where you came.

(OOC: I did not compose this song. I just felt it appropriate to this situation. A cookie to anyone who can tell me where it's from. =D)

(EDIT: Other than Zodi, because she already knows.)

absolmorph
2012-01-31, 04:56 AM
((You bastard, my eyes are moist from remembering that. That's one of possibly two Redwall books I'm missing [I lost my copy D:]))

Teodor gets out rope.

Teddy
2012-01-31, 05:33 AM
Their lands?
Say, could those be the Blackwater Marshlands?

History check: [roll0]

[...] didn't I kindly ask you to leave him alive? How am I supposed to carry out my mission if you keep killing my prospects?

This is totally going to be a running gag from now on, isn't it? First Bast, and now Adalhard. :smallamused:

LaZodiac
2012-01-31, 12:00 PM
I will note that you can get rope out, Adalhard, though there is a chain right there, tied to a post, that you can use if needed :smallwink:

Elden: You do recall that the Blackwater Marsh used to be Tiefling territory, but was lost during the early days of the Great War.

Blue Ghost
2012-01-31, 01:50 PM
(*throws Absol a cookie* Awesome! :smallbiggrin:)

Sorry pal, I would stop to chat, but we're on a time-sensitive mission here.
Juniper binds the elf securely with the chain.

Well, that was easy.

He proceeds to survey the room.

LaZodiac
2012-01-31, 01:53 PM
Bufferbufferbuffer

Juniper: While searching the room, you find ten gold on the underboss, and shockingly find 5 gold stuck in the love seat's cushions. You also are quite aware that the meat on the table stinks really, really bad to you

absolmorph
2012-01-31, 01:59 PM
Teodor puts away his rope and looks around.

Blue Ghost
2012-01-31, 02:01 PM
Holding his nose, Juniper produces fifteen gold pieces from his search of the room. More of that accursed drake meat... These guys are sick.

LaZodiac
2012-01-31, 02:03 PM
Bufferbufferbuffer

Teodor: You find the same things Juniper finds. Ten gold on the underboss, 5 in the love seat's cushions.

Teddy
2012-01-31, 02:27 PM
Yes, the Blackwater Marshlands were indeed tiefling territory long ago. Melech must intend to capture it in order to further his own schemes, whatever those really are.

How long ago was the Great War?

AsteriskAmp
2012-01-31, 02:46 PM
"The elf still breaths, we probably should get going."

This is totally going to be a running gag from now on, isn't it? First Bast, and now Adalhard. :smallamused:
I think LaZ is coordinating everything so that death or unconsciousness situations are always preceded by a line which evokes a wish to question and thrown in the hands of those less probable to actually let the creature live.

LaZodiac
2012-01-31, 02:50 PM
Yes, the Blackwater Marshlands were indeed tiefling territory long ago. Melech must intend to capture it in order to further his own schemes, whatever those really are.

How long ago was the Great War?

I figure about....how far back was World War 1? I'm bad with date's so I don't know, but that's probably a good distance of time.

"The elf still breaths, we probably should get going."

I think LaZ is coordinating everything so that death or unconsciousness situations are always preceded by a line which evokes a wish to question and thrown in the hands of those less probable to actually let the creature live.

Multiple coincidences eventually make it so that it is not a coincidence.

Teddy
2012-01-31, 03:10 PM
I figure about....how far back was World War 1? I'm bad with date's so I don't know, but that's probably a good distance of time.

Almost a hundred years ago. The war was in the years 1914-1918.

LaZodiac
2012-01-31, 03:14 PM
Almost a hundred years ago. The war was in the years 1914-1918.

Ok, that actually works great.

Blue Ghost
2012-02-01, 12:33 AM
Does Juniper know something about the history of the Great War and Blackwater that may be relevant to the situation?

History: [roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-02-01, 12:35 AM
Bufferbufferbuffer

Juniper: The Blackwater Marshlands used to be Tiefling land, but was lost during the early days of the Great War.

Blue Ghost
2012-02-01, 12:46 AM
Well, the marshlands may have been tiefling land before, but the war shook things up. There's no going back now, and the tieflings aren't any worse off than they were before. Well, we have a portal to close and a lich to stop. Let's keep going!

AsteriskAmp
2012-02-01, 12:53 AM
Can the fleetfoot free itself from those chains when awake.

Insight:[roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-02-01, 12:54 AM
Bufferbuffer

Adalhard: You're fairly sure he's too weak to break out of the chains

Teddy
2012-02-01, 01:46 AM
Well, the marshlands may have been tiefling land before, but the war shook things up. There's no going back now, and the tieflings aren't any worse off than they were before. Well, we have a portal to close and a lich to stop. Let's keep going!

Melech is no freedom fighter, but it wouldn't surpise me if there still is enough resent left among the tieflings for him to play that chord on. Combine promises of revenge with promises of power, and there'll always be a group of disgruntled and extremist youths willing to join your ranks.

Whenever we're done here, we should make our way down south to the Blackwater Marches. But enough about that, which door should we take?

Elden walks up to each of the doors in turn and listens through them:

Perception check: [roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-02-01, 02:16 AM
Bufferbufferbuffer.

Elden: You can't really hear anything from the door on the right side of the room. From the left side, you can hear a very faint sizzling sound. From the top door, you can hear faint hissing and grunting of drakes, and what sounds like the ting of a blade of iron bars.

Blue Ghost
2012-02-01, 02:20 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Melech himself were driven to his crimes by said resentment. But at the end of the day, the true enemies here are the devils, who are feeding off their resentment to further their own tyrannical rule. To defeat the devils, we must cut off the hatred that is the source of their power. But enough of that. You hear anything, Elden?

Teddy
2012-02-01, 10:59 AM
Elden points at the doors in the order right, left, middle.

Nothing, something, drakes. I propose that we go through the right door, as that will keep us the closest to the correct path above us.

AsteriskAmp
2012-02-01, 05:19 PM
"Shouldn't we clear both possible threats so that we don't risk them surprising us from behind, or freeing the captive and surprising us from behind?"

Blue Ghost
2012-02-01, 05:47 PM
We don't have time for that. We'll bar the doors and keep a rear guard.

LaZodiac
2012-02-02, 03:30 PM
So, were are we gonna go party?

Teddy
2012-02-02, 04:19 PM
Right, if we are to keep the pace up (in both interpretations of this sentence).

LaZodiac
2012-02-02, 04:24 PM
Ok! You open the door and enter a hallway that curves after about 25 feet. You turn to the left as you reach there, and see down a distance another iron door.

What shall you do?

absolmorph
2012-02-02, 04:39 PM
Teodor listens at the door.

LaZodiac
2012-02-02, 05:03 PM
Bufferbufferbuffer

Teodor: You can faintly hear the sound of talons on stone.

AsteriskAmp
2012-02-02, 05:49 PM
Weren't we going to equip ourselves with the new armour pieces before someone decided to barge into the previous room?

Blue Ghost
2012-02-02, 05:50 PM
Weren't we going to equip ourselves with the new armour pieces before someone decided to barge into the previous room?

I believe it was retconned so the armor was already equipped before we went in.

LaZodiac
2012-02-02, 05:51 PM

What Blue said, basically.

Teddy
2012-02-02, 07:15 PM
Behold, I wield the power of DIFFERENT TIME ZONES. I can RETCON this whole campaign to do my bidding. MUHAHAHAHAHA!

LaZodiac
2012-02-02, 07:30 PM
Behold, I wield the power of DIFFERENT TIME ZONES. I can RETCON this whole campaign to do my bidding. MUHAHAHAHAHA!

Indeed you can. Glad to see you're not abusing such a strong power :smallamused:

Also, should note, I kind implied you had time to put the armor on ANYWAY, so yha. Anyone gonna inspect the new mysterious door?

AsteriskAmp
2012-02-02, 07:43 PM
Any magic source or user behind that door?

LaZodiac
2012-02-02, 07:47 PM
bufferbufferbuffer

Adalhard: You sense a bit of hellmagic in the next room! There appears to be a caster in there!

Myself: [roll0]

AsteriskAmp
2012-02-02, 07:50 PM
Bluff: [roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-02-02, 07:52 PM
Bufferbufferbuffer

Adalhard: You feel that the magic user you sensed has done the same to you.

AsteriskAmp
2012-02-02, 07:56 PM
Adalhard walk to the door and readies Frigid Blade to hit whatever comes from it when it opens.

absolmorph
2012-02-02, 07:57 PM
"I can hear talons on stone. Probably drakes." Teodor informs the rest of the party, keeping his voice low.

AsteriskAmp
2012-02-02, 07:59 PM
"There is a magic user behind the door, and he knows I am here as well."

Blue Ghost
2012-02-02, 08:02 PM
Let's see who makes the first move.

Juniper draws his sword and readies Vicious Mockery.

LaZodiac
2012-02-02, 08:05 PM
Oh hey, Juniper, Elden roll a bluff check, using int instead of cha as the modifier please.

Me: Arcana checkamaroo! [roll0]

Blue Ghost
2012-02-02, 08:06 PM
Um... okay. Never heard of a passive Bluff check before, but sure.

[roll0]

absolmorph
2012-02-02, 08:08 PM
Teodor readies his spear and shield.
"Enter on 3?"

LaZodiac
2012-02-02, 08:08 PM
Bufferbufferbuffer

Juniper: You get the distinct feeling that whoever is on that side of the door just sensed you to.

AsteriskAmp
2012-02-02, 08:10 PM
"I'm willing to charge inside as well, but whomever enters first will receive a magical surprise."

Blue Ghost
2012-02-02, 08:11 PM
They know we're here. They've sensed our magic. We can't just wait out here. We'll have to go in, before they have time to prepare further. Let's do this.

Juniper's armor takes on a green glow as he prepares to charge inside.
(Use Virtue, spending a healing surge for 11 temporary HP).

AsteriskAmp
2012-02-02, 08:15 PM
Adalhard stabs the door.

LaZodiac
2012-02-02, 08:18 PM
Ok. Based on what you told me of your plan in IM (to create a peephole), roll attack and damge.

AsteriskAmp
2012-02-02, 08:20 PM
Attack Roll: [roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-02-02, 08:22 PM
Adalhard stabs at the iron door made of iron, and succeds in making a loud sound as his sword clangs off the door! You can all hear a small snickering from behind the door.

Blue Ghost
2012-02-02, 08:25 PM
That's not going to work, Adalhard. Looks like we'll have to do this the old-fashioned way. Get ready, I open the door, and we all go in. Any questions?

absolmorph
2012-02-02, 08:26 PM
Teodor steps back and readies an action to charge.
"I have one. Do we know how many we'll be facing?"
((Side note, haven't we reached a milestone from encounters?))

AsteriskAmp
2012-02-02, 08:30 PM
"We come to sell healing supplies, please open"

Bluff: [roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-02-02, 08:30 PM
You'd be right. Everyone gets another action point! Yay.

EDIT: You hear a much louder snickering, after Adalhard's comment.

AsteriskAmp
2012-02-02, 08:37 PM
"Cookies as well."

Adalhard opens the door.

absolmorph
2012-02-02, 08:41 PM
((Question: which way does the door open?))

Teodor gives Adalhard an exasperated look and blocks him from passing to open the door.

If the door opens toward us: "Juniper, the Fell Court uses mostly fire. Stand behind the door as you open it so I can take the hits. They'll hurt me less."

If the door opens away from us: "Juniper, the Fell Court uses mostly fire. Push the door open slightly and I'll push it the rest of the way open, so I'll take the hits. They'll hurt me less."

Strength vs. Reflex: [roll0] (because LaLa requested it to stop Adalhard from doing something unwise before the party is prepared, for the second time in a row.)

AsteriskAmp
2012-02-02, 08:43 PM
First time, last time it was Juniper who opened the door.

LaZodiac
2012-02-02, 08:43 PM
It opens into the room you are going into.

Also technicaly the first time a door opened into a bad situation it was ME who did it :smallamused:

absolmorph
2012-02-02, 08:52 PM
((Very well, my mistake. The lack of party preparation still stands.))

Blue Ghost
2012-02-02, 08:56 PM
(I think we're prepared enough.)

All right then Teodor, you open the door.

LaZodiac
2012-02-02, 09:01 PM
You open the door and find a dragon.

Map: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg51/scaled.php?server=51&filename=maaaapu.png&res=medium

A bolt of hellfire then flies underneath it's legs, toward's Adalhard, who opened the door (note that the position of the party is not correct. I'll make it correct after the readied actions have happened)

Adalhard: [roll0] vs Reflex

[roll1] fire damage, and you take 5 ongoing fire damage.

The laughing at Adalhard's actions, as well as the fireball, came from the Hellmage standing behind said dragon. To his left and right are two spitting drakes.

Teodor, Juniper, take your readied actions. Then we can all roll initiative.

Blue Ghost
2012-02-02, 09:04 PM
Fireball? No thanks. I'll take the cookies instead.

Vicious Mockery on the hellmage.

Damage: [roll1], and -2 to attacks for one turn.

AsteriskAmp
2012-02-02, 09:05 PM

Blue Ghost
2012-02-02, 09:06 PM
Rolling a Nature check to try to identify the dragon.
[roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-02-02, 09:06 PM
Juniper succesfully determines that this dragon is red.

absolmorph
2012-02-02, 09:07 PM
Teodor charges to E5 and uses Follow Me In to attack the dragon.

On a hit, Bast gets a +2 power bonus to her speed until the end of my next turn, and doesn't provoke opportunity attacks if she charges while she gets the bonus.

LaZodiac
2012-02-02, 09:20 PM
Juniper's magic insults are brushed off by the Hellmage, who clearly has a large ego that is hard to break.

Teodor, meanwhile, rams his spear into the chest of the dragon. It roars in anger!

Red Dragon: [roll0]

Hellmage: [roll1]

Spitting Drakes: [roll2]

Correct Map: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg710/scaled.php?server=710&filename=maaaap.png&res=medium

absolmorph
2012-02-02, 09:21 PM

Blue Ghost
2012-02-02, 09:46 PM
Initiative!
[roll0]

Teddy
2012-02-03, 05:23 AM
Oh hey, Juniper, Elden roll a bluff check, using int instead of cha as the modifier please.

A bit late for the party, but sure.

Bluffsomething check: [roll0]

Um... okay. Never heard of a passive Bluff check before, but sure.

That's why you roll it. Passive checks are automatic Take 10s.

In regard to more recent developments:

Initiative: [roll1] -2 = 13

EDIT:
August, you forgot to add the +2 bonus from Teodor to Adalhard's initiative (I suggest everyone write it down as a temporary bonus on their sheets). Also, I realised that since Elden can't see Teodor, he won't get the bonus.

LaZodiac
2012-02-03, 11:52 AM
Bufferbufferbuffer

Elden: You feel that the magic user on the other side of the door has sensed your power.

Ranger Mattos
2012-02-03, 05:32 PM

NEVER. FAILS.

LaZodiac
2012-02-03, 05:35 PM
All that remains is Bast!

MoonCat
2012-02-04, 03:05 PM
Oh god guys, I'm so sorry, I kinda lost internet connection a bit ago.

which is actually 12 then.

LaZodiac
2012-02-04, 03:30 PM
Ok! Combat start! Inititiative list!

Juniper 24
Teodor 20
Hellamage 18
Young Red Dragon 14
Elden 13
Adalhard 13
Bast 12
Spitting Drakes 12
Carric 11

As Blue instructed me, I shall control Juniper untill he returns!

Juniper hurls a vicious insult at the Spitting Drake to the left of the Red Dragon!

[roll0] vs Will

[roll1] psy damage if it hits.

It hits, and the Spitting Drake roars in anger, clearly hurt by such a mocking.

Teodor's turn!

absolmorph
2012-02-04, 03:38 PM
Teodor shifts to E4 and makes a melee basic attack against the dragon.