PDA

View Full Version : The Cone Heads V.S Men In Black

ArlEammon
2012-01-17, 12:18 PM
The Clorhones, an "Illegal Alien" family arrive on Earth to live the American Dream. However, the Men In Black discover that they are more than just "Illegal Aliens" They are illegal extraterrestrial. While the Conehead empire is powerful and mighty, and want to conquer Earth, the Men in Black don't know that the Clorhones are good. Thinking that the Clorhones are up to thinking, the Men in Black go after them. Could things end up ok at the end? Or are the Clorhones in deep deep doo doo?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coneheads_(film)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_in_Black

The Glyphstone
2012-01-17, 01:40 PM
The Coneheads almost got deported by one moderately competant INS agent. They don't stand a chance of evading or avoiding the MIB.

They are, however, harmless and benign, which is pretty much exactly the sort of alien that the MIBs allow to stay on Earth. And frankly, they blend in a lot better than some of the other refugees that are permitted to stay.

The Durvin
2012-01-17, 07:41 PM
Given that the Conehead species has an empire to begin with, the family would definitely be subject to quite a bit of interrogation, but I think they could be found to be refugees. At the end of the movie, they successfully lobby the leaders to leave Earth alone for the moment, don't they? With the MIB's help, they could even act as emissaries and turn the Coneheads into our allies, and we get a little Federation going...

Dr.Epic
2012-01-17, 08:59 PM
My money is on the characters from the film that DIDN'T have a terrible sequel (and then another terrible sequel that's expected to come out soon).:smallwink:

The Glyphstone
2012-01-17, 10:15 PM
My money is on the characters from the film that DIDN'T have a terrible sequel (and then another terrible sequel that's expected to come out soon).:smallwink:

Mine would be on the characters from the film that had a good first installment and at least warranted a sequel (that sucked, but hey, them's the breaks).:smallsmile:

turkishproverb
2012-01-17, 10:57 PM
I'm with Glyphstone.

irenicObserver
2012-01-19, 10:33 AM
Cones heads are superstrong, klingon-esque* with giant jaws full of rows of teeth. MIB are an international, armed to the teeth organization. Are we asking about the Clorhones themselves or the entire Empire? The MIB can't handle an empire, but they can definitely handle a single family.
*klingon-esque referring to their rubber forehead-ness and their empirical society.
Also, on the sub-topic, how was the animated series?

Hell while we're on this topic why not MIB versus every 80-90's alien? (with cameo from the Super 8 alien)

Traab
2012-01-19, 11:04 AM
Cones heads are superstrong, klingon-esque* with giant jaws full of rows of teeth. MIB are an international, armed to the teeth organization. Are we asking about the Clorhones themselves or the entire Empire? The MIB can't handle an empire, but they can definitely handle a single family.
*klingon-esque referring to their rubber forehead-ness and their empirical society.
Also, on the sub-topic, how was the animated series?

Hell while we're on this topic why not MIB versus every 80-90's alien? (with cameo from the Super 8 alien)

The mib animated series wasnt that bad, but it basically kept J as the comedy relief. Apparently, it took K retiring before he could actually know what the heck he was doing. Virtually every episode was of J acting like a gung ho idiot rookie and K standing in the background saving the day when J inevitably bumbled along the path. Too be fair, id imagine that learning to be a master mib would take a long time, as there were apparently thousands of species to learn about, and an insanely complicated web of interactions between the races to keep track of. But even so, though there were exceptions, 95% of the time it was J messing things up in some funny way.