PDA

View Full Version : Order of the Stick Dream

t209
2012-01-17, 01:42 PM
I had a dream two days ago. I was in Order of the stick world and I was setting up a camp near a forest until I was found by a group of elven rangers. They didn't kill me or anything, they just give me food and let me go. That's all I can recollect from my dream since I nearly forgot it. What do you think?

Bad Hair Day
2012-01-17, 01:43 PM
Were the people in the dream stick figures? Which other characters did you see?

t209
2012-01-17, 01:44 PM
Were the people in the dream stick figures? Which other characters did you see?

Yes, they're stick figures. I think I am in Azure City or near it (it strayed from the current storyline since it is occupied by humans).

jidasfire
2012-01-17, 01:48 PM
I will confess that I've had dreams about OOTS as well. Usually they relate to me thinking a new strip has been posted, at which point I go check and often find out that one hasn't. The other night, though, I dreamt that Rich Burlew was mad at me personally for some comment or other I made on the site. Weird.

pendell
2012-01-17, 03:24 PM
Izzat so? I admit that I occasionally dream about getting an infraction PM from Roland and having to argue to the mods as to why I shouldn't be banned. A truly silly thing to be worried about, don't you think?

Yes, Roland. You are officially the stuff of nightmares. Feel free to sig.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Ancalagon
2012-01-17, 04:15 PM
Get a couple more for silly things and it does not become a nightmare but a relative certainty for the future.

Dr.Epic
2012-01-17, 05:37 PM
Are you sure it was OotS? Remember, there are only so many ways to draw stick figures.:smallwink:

t209
2012-01-17, 06:47 PM
Are you sure it was OotS? Remember, there are only so many ways to draw stick figures.:smallwink:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0705.html
They also wear green uniforms like them! I also remember that I was also passing through the fort full of both elves and azurites.

Maxios
2012-01-17, 06:56 PM
I once had an OoTs dream where Tarquin turned out to be a vampire. Nale and the Linear Guild also appeared, working for him. The crazy thing? This happened in '10, before the Linear Guild appeared in this arc.

Connington
2012-01-18, 01:47 AM
I had a pretty weird one once, mostly about Tarquin and Co. The highlight of that was Tarquin leading the Order to a hidden valley (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0197.html). The key line was "You didn't think we controlled just ONE dragon, did you?"

I think I skipped ahead then, because the next thing I remember is Malack and Tarquin quarreling over the fact that Tarquin was in league with some capital E Evil god who offended Malack's sensibilities. There were human sacrifices involved, and maybe zombies. Malack challenges Tarquin, Tarquin raises an eyebrow and says "Yes, I have a contingency for this." Malack explodes instantly and messily.

Of course, then he comes back somehow, kills Tarquin, and sets up a Lawful Neutral dictatorship (with evil tendencies and spooky black decor).

Flame of Anor
2012-01-21, 03:25 AM
Izzat so? I admit that I occasionally dream about getting an infraction PM from Roland and having to argue to the mods as to why I shouldn't be banned. A truly silly thing to be worried about, don't you think?

Yes, Roland. You are officially the stuff of nightmares. Feel free to sig.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Yes, my heart always skips a good few beats whenever I get the PM pop-up box, until I see whether or not it starts "Sender: Roland St. Jude".

t209
2012-01-21, 11:10 AM
I also had a dream before the dream that I had in the 1st post. I dreamed that Thanh and his remaining resistance managed to charge through the demons and escaped (with a few losses). Unfortunately, this is before I woke up to see this comic (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0827.html).

Onyavar
2012-01-21, 04:11 PM
In a dream I had recently, it was revealed that the MitD was a human amazone warrior who was cursed in early childhood. These curses gave her some strange templates.
Actually, I only dreamt about the posts in this forum, arguing whether or not Rich had gone crazy because it wasn't consistent with the MitD thread theories; and I was mad myself because I couldn't get to the latest strip (it was a number well above 1000) where this revelation had been made.

t209
2012-01-23, 10:38 AM
I had a dream of OOTS again. THis time it is about comic 850 (future), Redcloak rode a giant bird to fly to heaven use its powers kill the souls (including Thanh and Lord Shojo).

Manga Maniac
2012-01-23, 12:23 PM
Tonight I dreamt I was a fish.

But only for a bit, because then I was an aeroplane.

t209
2012-01-23, 01:01 PM
Tonight I dreamt I was a fish.

But only for a bit, because then I was an aeroplane.

Is it in OOTS Artwork? THis thread is about having a dream about OOTS or in OOTS Artwork.

Manga Maniac
2012-01-23, 02:04 PM
@above: ...Yes. Absolutely. Totally stick figure, that fish was.

t209
2012-02-07, 02:01 AM
I have another dream about me being in Amusement park in OOTS verse but with Llyod from Murphy's law.
I was sitting on a swinging viking ship on the amusement park but it needs a worshiper of Thor to operate this thing. However, Llyod and me managed to start the Viking boat by pushing the boat's floor with our legs like see saw.

Craft (Cheese)
2012-02-07, 02:28 AM
I've never dreamt about *being* in the OotS world, but I have had plenty of dreams about reading OotS comics that don't exist. Usually when I'm going through the archives and then immediately decide to shut my laptop and take a short nap. Just yesterday I had one where Elan was wearing an eyepatch again and was energy-draining Redcloak to death for "cramping his style." I was all like, "Bards don't get energy drain!" and then I went to the discussion thread to complain about it.

Flame of Anor
2012-02-07, 03:49 AM
Elan was wearing an eyepatch again and was energy-draining Redcloak to death for "cramping his style."

Nine Hells yeahhh!!!! :cool:

CoffeeIncluded
2012-02-07, 07:35 AM
Yeah, I've had quite a few. Usually anticipating a new comic update.

...I'm quite a boring person sometimes.

Obnoxious Hydra
2012-02-07, 03:06 PM
I had a really brief dream about OoTS once.

It didn't really have a plot, it was a bit like a movie trailer. It was live action, really fancy special effects, random clips of the characters doing stuff.

The highlight was V using a really big, sparkly, prismatic spray, because I'd recently been rereading the post-Azure City/Sea Voyage/Greysky arc.

fan4battle
2012-02-08, 05:46 PM
I had a double one, the other night. It felt very real.
There was this bus and Xykon was getting his ticket punched at the perforator, where it was crowded. Everyone except some girl got paralized by his touch. I guess he didn't pay any attention as he was just riding the bus, but there was Elan and he had to ask the girl in a loud whisper "what's the secret??!". I don't remember now what it was, but I think the answer sounded something like "Raspberry apple cream". And Elan had to bring the info to Haley while escaping and hiding from Xykon and Redcloak.

t209
2012-02-09, 12:27 AM
I had a double one, the other night. It felt very real.
There was this bus and Xykon was getting his ticket punched at the perforator, where it was crowded. Everyone except some girl got paralized by his touch. I guess he didn't pay any attention as he was just riding the bus, but there was Elan and he had to ask the girl in a loud whisper "what's the secret??!". I don't remember now what it was, but I think the answer sounded something like "Raspberry apple cream". And Elan had to bring the info to Haley while escaping and hiding from Xykon and Redcloak.

Is it stick or live action or Roger Rabbit style?

fan4battle
2012-02-09, 05:23 PM
Is it stick or live action or Roger Rabbit style?

Maybe Roger Rabbit style, I don't know. I didn't stop to think if they were stick figures or not, it all worked together seamlessly, as it was a dream.

t209
2012-02-27, 10:01 AM
I had a dream that Rich posted 3 strips today. I found out that who killed all the draketooths...
It was a Dunmer and 3 orcs. What the heck the skyrim is doing in my dream.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-02-27, 10:34 AM
I had a dream where I was dancing river stomp with leprechaun Thog. And I was dressed like a Half-Orc. It kinda makes sense because I'm Irish. It was suprisingly fun.

King of Nowhere
2012-02-27, 10:59 AM
Just yesterday I had an oots dream, where i dreamed of reading a small oots story. I don't remember much of it, the way dreams fade, but I remember there was a chromatic dragon that wanted to adopt a baby phoenix and a moral for V that sounded like "if you see some mysterious magic around, don't investigate it: it's none of your business! Respect privacy"

t209
2012-02-27, 01:28 PM
I had a dream where I was dancing river stomp with leprechaun Thog. And I was dressed like a Half-Orc. It kinda makes sense because I'm Irish. It was suprisingly fun.

Which half orc? Thog (Purple armor or shirtless) or Stereotypical (loin cloth or shirtless).

MesiDoomstalker
2012-02-27, 06:47 PM
Which half orc? Thog (Purple armor or shirtless) or Stereotypical (loin cloth or shirtless).

Well I'm not sure what I was wearing just that I had green skin and had no sleeves. I didn't exactly get a look at my self.

t209
2012-03-22, 09:25 AM
I had a strange dream today.
OOTS went into another room and found an abandoned restaurant. All the customers were dried up but they were murdered. When I tried to post this on my forum, another strip was updated. Draketooths murdered the customers and steal their valuables.
Don't complain about this because it was the dream I had.
Also, This dream by marcelopvf (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12928214&postcount=1).

pendell
2012-03-28, 09:33 AM
Well that was a weird one.

I dreamed that Rich Burlew was a member of the OOTS adventuring party (as the narrator was inserted into the story in the prelude books) and writing strips at evening camp. Belkar was grabbing the strips while everyone else was asleep and reading them so that he would know what was going to happen the next day before anyone else. "Forewarned is forearmed", as they say.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Turgon9357
2012-03-28, 03:12 PM
I had 2, I think.

In the first one I was embodied as Roy and my girlfriend as V. We were at some sort of sports arena, and Nale and Sabine were there, and possibly Thog, too.

In another one, I think I was still Roy, but it had something to do with Belkar and a hang glider.

t209
2012-04-08, 10:11 AM
I had a dream today! The characters include the old noblewoman (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0414.html) and her son. She tried to escape from the jail but her son decided that he will not go with her.