PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder E6 feats

raxies94
2012-01-17, 04:25 PM
So I'm currently running a short-lived Pathfinder game of the E6 variant (technically E7). But I need a bit of advice on the feats. It looks like it's going to be pretty slim pickings after a certain point. So does anyone have a list of possible feats to use for E6? Capstone and otherwise would be great.

Also, just a small question. In Pathfinder, the prerequisites for Weapon Specialization say 4th level Fighter. I'm new to Pathfinder, so this didn't make too much sense to me. I allowed one of my players to go ahead and get it, even though he's not a fighter. Is it only for fighters? If so, would it be okay to allow him to get it later?

Curious
2012-01-17, 04:31 PM
E7

So your group hates sorcerors then?

Captsone feats should basically just be any meaningful class ability gained past level 6 (or 7 in this case). Gaining a higher level domain power for a cleric is one such example.

Fighter feats can only be gained by fighters, yes.

raxies94
2012-01-17, 04:38 PM
So your group hates sorcerors then?

Captsone feats should basically just be any meaningful class ability gained past level 6 (or 7 in this case). Gaining a higher level domain power for a cleric is one such example.

Fighter feats can only be gained by fighters, yes.

Well, one of the rules for our game is that wizards and the like will not get 4th level spells as normal. One of my capstone feats is is going to be that a spellcaster can cast one 4th level spell once per day.

Gullintanni
2012-01-17, 04:49 PM
Well, one of the rules for our game is that wizards and the like will not get 4th level spells as normal. One of my capstone feats is is going to be that a spellcaster can cast one 4th level spell once per day.

Why not just stop at level 6 and keep the capstone feat idea? Level 6 is a nice solid exit point. Just curious.

raxies94
2012-01-17, 04:53 PM
Why not just stop at level 6 and keep the capstone feat idea? Level 6 is a nice solid exit point.

Well, the original idea I stole from a thread on the pathfinder srd website (IIRC). This one poster said that going to level 7 was better for most classes, as long as you keep out normal 4th level spellcasting, and make a few other, minor changes. The main reason is because most classes gain another ability at level 7, compared to level 6. I suppose you could still stop at 6 and just let them slowly work towards those levels in feats, but the E7 idea sounded really good.

Gullintanni
2012-01-17, 05:00 PM
Well, the original idea I stole from a thread on the pathfinder srd website (IIRC). This one poster said that going to level 7 was better for most classes, as long as you keep out normal 4th level spellcasting, and make a few other, minor changes. The main reason is because most classes gain another ability at level 7, compared to level 6. I suppose you could still stop at 6 and just let them slowly work towards those levels in feats, but the E7 idea sounded really good.

I'm not really familiar enough with Pathfinder to agree or disagree with this but if it works well then no problem. But yeah, I'd stop spell progression at 6th level.

grarrrg
2012-01-17, 05:03 PM
Why not just stop at level 6 and keep the capstone feat idea? Level 6 is a nice solid exit point. Just curious.

Because his E6 goes to 11 7.
It's one more louder higher.
The other guy, he's playing away, maxed out at 10 6, while if we need that extra push, we can put it up to 11 7.

raxies94
2012-01-17, 05:03 PM
Because his E6 goes to 11 7.
It's one more louder higher.
The other guy, he's playing away, maxed out at 10 6, while if we need that extra push, we can put it up to 11 7.

...Touche.

Alienist
2012-01-17, 06:31 PM
Also, just a small question. In Pathfinder, the prerequisites for Weapon Specialization say 4th level Fighter. I'm new to Pathfinder, so this didn't make too much sense to me. I allowed one of my players to go ahead and get it, even though he's not a fighter. Is it only for fighters? If so, would it be okay to allow him to get it later?

Is it only for fighters? Yes.

You can let other classes take it, but what will you give fighters in compensation for their distinct advantage being shared around to everyone else?

I recommend giving them rage, evasion and auras that boost morale to make up for it.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-01-17, 06:37 PM
I recommend giving them rage, evasion and auras that boost morale to make up for it.

+2 to damage with one weapon is not worth that much. It's probably worth a good reflex or will save. I recommend reflex, since if they want a god will save they can go barbarian or paladin.

raxies94
2012-01-18, 11:00 AM
Well, there's no fighter in our group right now, so it might not be too big of a deal.