PDA

View Full Version : Rate my gestalt please

DarthPeleus
2012-01-18, 12:31 AM
Exactly What It Says on the Tin (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin)
My character sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah978jhxw8hkdGYwYktjdFJFdk83UDM3NVZxU0UwL VE) is electronic. This is so I can dynamically update stats.

First page is the general build of the character, noting feats and levels. Sorry about not properly documenting where the feats are coming from exactly. I'm a forest gnome and my wizard spec is illusion, banning necro and evo atm, probably banning enchant for when I hit incantatrix.

Second page keeps track of my attributes (28pt buy), combat mods(somewhat incomplete), and skills(also incomplete, as I am lvl 7 in the game).

Third page is keeping track of the buffs I will be persisting later via Incantatrix's 3rd lvl class feature. Don't know which I'm keeping and which I'm throwing out yet, will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Fourth page is tracking my spellbook and preps, so no real need to pay attention to that.

Would love to hear improvements/comments/what have you.

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate this build in terms of power?

Thanks guys.

EDIT: Been watching some Naruto, and I think I may have slightly recreated Itachi. Anyone agree?

Wings of Peace
2012-01-18, 01:36 AM
The idea of metamagic + some divine should function but you can't have a prestige on both sides of a Gestalt at the same time.

DarthPeleus
2012-01-18, 08:48 AM
Oh wow. Didn't see that rule. Our DM decided to allow it though. He also has the multiclass exp penalty removed. He enjoys high-powered games. Last game he had us nuked by a red wizard right after a (nerfed) disjunction (temporary shut down instead of permanent).

Any ideas for buffs?

My real worry is that I'll run into a cha synergy build or red wizard like last time. Though we are working for Thay right now but still...

Thanks for the response.

gkathellar
2012-01-18, 09:23 AM
You should get at least three levels of Cleric, for Initiate of Mystra.

Suddo
2012-01-18, 12:21 PM
Our DM ... enjoys high-powered games

How high powered? Dragon Magazine allowed?

If so:
Wizard // Cleric; Feat: Alternative Spell Source
Wizard // Hexblade
Wizard // Hexblade
Mystic Theurge // Hexblade; Mystic Theurge Targets Cleric and Wizard
Mystic Theurge // X

Alternate Spell Source allows you to cast Arcane spells as divine spells allowing you to cast 2nd Level Arcane and Divine Spells with just Wizard 3, and then you can enter into Mystic Theurge. This allows you to take another class in place of a feat. Yes this is cheesy. I'll grab the Dragon Magazine number when I get home this evening if you still want it.

In case you didn't know metamagic rod: extend is stupid good for a persist build due to them stacking.

Remind me what you are diving 3 levels into Hexblade for is it Mettle? Because if so I know that theres a PrC in complete Divine that gives you it on the first level. That burns two levels off the build.

I'll post more this evening when I have my books infront of me. These are just crazy things off the top of my head.

kardar233
2012-01-18, 03:47 PM
If you're banning Necromancy and Evocation, a great way to go is Spelldancer (MoF) which allows you to make Perform(Dance) checks and take small amounts of CON damage in exchange for metamagic. Great for Persisting stuff at the beginning of the day. Make sure you start with Sheltered Vitality. Use your Incantatrix Metamagic Effect uses for essential spells like Delay Death, as it's Necromancy.

gkathellar
2012-01-18, 05:21 PM
If so:
Wizard // Cleric; Feat: Alternative Spell Source
Wizard // Hexblade
Wizard // Hexblade
Mystic Theurge // Hexblade; Mystic Theurge Targets Cleric and Wizard
Mystic Theurge // X

Dual progression classes aren't legal in gestalt.

Wings of Peace
2012-01-18, 06:07 PM
Dual progression classes aren't legal in gestalt.

This is a common but wrong belief. Unearthed Arcana discourages the use of dual progression prestige classes in gestalt but does not forbid them.

DarthPeleus
2012-01-18, 07:56 PM
How high powered? Dragon Magazine allowed?
He usually homebrews before he goes Dragon Mag. The lance in my inventory allows me to channel any nonpersonal spell through it. Strange circumstances led us to join the Thayan army, three of the party members became griffon warmages.

In case you didn't know metamagic rod: extend is stupid good for a persist build due to them stacking.
Extend is a prereq for persist, so I'll definitely use that to double up on buffs. Was thinking of getting a rod of invisible spell so I still appear to be an ordinary gnome too.

Remind me what you are diving 3 levels into Hexblade for is it Mettle? Because if so I know that theres a PrC in complete Divine that gives you it on the first level. That burns two levels off the build.
I'm feeling a little feat starved, iirc the class is Pious Templar, and requires weapon focus and a meh feat. I figured with hexblade I could get cha to saves. Though I wouldn't mind getting armor prof from the fighter so I can use cloistered cleric for more domains.

Any suggestions on bumping caster level to thwart True Seeing? I already collected a few on the combat page.

Thanks for all the responses.

Suddo
2012-01-18, 11:27 PM
Okay so I'm home now let me really start trying to tweak this build.
Oh and @gkathellar: Like said above it isn't banned only discouraged and sense his DM allowed double PrC I assumed he wouldn't be one to not allow it.
On Alternative Spell Source: Its from Dragon 325. If you need a quote I can give one. Basically it allows you to prep Arcane spells as Divine and Divine as Arcane.
On Hexblades: I forgot their second level ability for +Saves. What are your stats? Do you even plan on using the Cleric Spells? I assume you are just using the Cleric Levels for DMM. If so why the second level or am I missing something.

Okay now I'm really confused your DM is letting you take Dweomkeeper with Shadow Weave Magic feat? I know its technically not a pre-req but I mean come on its part of the shtick. And how are you casting 2nd level divine spells for Dweomkeeper?