PDA

View Full Version : IDEA! Health issues? allergies?

JBombX
2012-01-18, 03:49 AM
so the first post i started was a mile long and in depth and my computer crashed. so i decided instead to ask for some ideas about a mechanic i wanna use in my campaign. the idea is to have a chart of allergies/ health problems for characters to have with 20 being safe and 1 being dreadful. i'm looking for ideas on what to put and for some drawbacks without them being to OP. keep in mind my game is the "lolsy" one and borders on the ridiculous at times so please pull no punches. (my last get together they flew away on a giant kraken singing come sail away into the the sunset.) anything would be helpful :)

motoko's ghost
2012-01-18, 07:44 AM
epilipsy, asthma, night-time incontinence, narcolpsy, uncontrollable flatulence, lazy eye, over energetic eye, chronic falling over, nosebleeds, hypochondriac, cannot talk above a whisper, cannot not scream all the time, allergy to pain, allergy to leather, allergy to werewolf fur

theres some, have fun:tongue:

Talesin
2012-01-18, 08:06 AM
Narcolpsy could be hilarious.

Allergy to spells being cast in their vicinity, allergy to silver in a lycanthrope based dungeon.
Characters sneeze everytime they pass through a door with a % roll to see how loud the sneeze ends up being, or maybe make it a fort save.
Character has skin that changes colour depending on his mood.
Character has dragon heritage meaning every night he takes all of his money out of his money bag and sleeps on it. Also never puts it in a bank.
Character has an evil opposite twin.
Character must be symmetrical at all times. Has to wield two of the same weapons but because of this ambidexterity he's more adept at using them but not as strong, so takes fewer minuses to hit with the weapons but has to use weapons a category smaller than he currently is. So Small weapons for a medium creature.

motoko's ghost
2012-01-18, 09:00 AM
Narcolpsy could be hilarious.

Character has skin that changes colour depending on his mood.
Character has dragon heritage meaning every night he takes all of his money out of his money bag and sleeps on it. Also never puts it in a bank.
Character has an evil opposite twin.
Character must be symmetrical at all times. Has to wield two of the same weapons but because of this ambidexterity he's more adept at using them but not as strong, so takes fewer minuses to hit with the weapons but has to use weapons a category smaller than he currently is. So Small weapons for a medium creature.

Those ideas are awesome(mood ring people!)
Don't all adventurers do that?:smalltongue:
Interesting plot point:elan: :nale:
That sounds like really bad OCD to me.

Here are some more;
OCD, MPD, DID(dissociative identity disorder), schizophrenia, paranoia(mind you as adventurers everyone and everything probably is out to get them:smalltongue:), clinic depression, ADD(no not that kind), ADHD, escapist syndrome(tends to retreat from bad aspects of life into fantasy world), whooping cough, chronically blocked nose ,phobiaphobia(the fear of fear), vertigo, priapism at awkward socially inappropriate moments, tendancy to faint in the face of danger

Ninja_Grand
2012-01-18, 09:16 AM
Ironicly, Ive played a scizofrenic before. Spit personnalty too.

LG palley with a CE cleric side. Good times......Made the Dm cry thou.

motoko's ghost
2012-01-18, 09:29 AM
Ironicly, Ive played a scizofrenic before. Spit personnalty too.

LG palley with a CE cleric side. Good times......Made the Dm cry thou.

Awesome, I played something similiar with a gentle cleric/radiant servant of pelor healer who had a tendancy to turn into "pyromaniac-blaster" man.

Also;
constantly dry/oily skin, constant foul odour, insomnia, manic-depressive, anger management issues, masochistic, sadistic, sadomasochist, suffers from delusions/hallucinations, soliphism(believes is only real thing in existance), bad memory, perfect memory(with some of the things the PCs will see in a horror game this IS a disadvantage), suffers from delusions that whole life is just a simulation:smalltongue:

motoko's ghost
2012-01-19, 01:35 AM
Also PTSD(probably expectable due to adventurer's lifestyle), anti-social, pathological lies all the time, Paul Erdös syndrome (great genius but only while on drugs), bipolar, tripolar, hexpolar:smalltongue:, nymphomania, whatever the opposite of nymphomania is:smallconfused: