PDA

View Full Version : We're gonna settle Catan. Yeah... ALL of Catan.

Duos Greanleef
2012-01-18, 10:52 AM
So, a group of my good friends were talking the other day, and it came to our attention that between the 3 of us, we owned Settlers, Knights and Cities, Traders and Barbarians, and Seafarers as well as the 5-6 player extensions for each game.
Then we got a crazy idea:
WHAT IF WE PLAYED THEM ALL IN ONE GAME!?
We have a time and date set for this Bonanza including a huge block of time set for learning each ruleset and eating donuts. We have a planned pizza break at one point and are totally stoked for this whole thing.

My question aimed at The Playground is this:
Has anyone ever done this and if so what was your experience like?
Sub-questions include:
How long should we expect this to last?
Do the rules mesh together pretty well?
Will we still be friends after we're done?

Thanks in advance, Playground!

Flickerdart
2012-01-18, 04:24 PM
Your premise is

:smallcool:

Unsettling.

Erloas
2012-01-18, 04:57 PM
But don't people already live there? Do they have a flag? If they don't have a flag they don't count, thats the rules (that I just made up)
Ok... bit of a slaughter of the original bit, but close enough.

As for playing them all together, I know some mesh better then others but I haven't played enough to say more then that.

Duos Greanleef
2012-01-19, 11:30 AM
Your premise is

:smallcool:

Unsettling.

YEEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!

Nibleswick
2012-01-21, 06:02 AM
Yes, my siblings and I have. I think you can only use about four rule sets from Traders and Barbarians at once though. I think it took about four hours. It is worth doing at least once. Afterword though you realize that it was way to much stuff, and that if you want a game that complex you shout just play Twilight Imperium (which is also a really good game).

Cheesegear
2012-01-21, 07:06 AM
But don't people already live there? Do they have a flag? If they don't have a flag they don't count, thats the rules (that I just made up).

Earlier today, I didn't get the reference. Then, today I was looking up some stuff. Clicked a random link that went too far into the internet, and now I understand that reference.

Partysan
2012-01-21, 08:37 AM
We did this a few times, sans Traders and Barbarians though, since we don't have it. Worked just fine. Have fun and tell us how it went!