PDA

View Full Version : Astral Projection??

Surzt and Gurzt
2012-01-18, 02:18 PM
After reading and re-reading the Astral Projection spell, I still have no Idea what can be done with it. The questions are:
A) can I have multiple projections? If so, what happens when one of them dies?
B)If shapechanged into a nightmare, does the spell end when I shapechange into a new form?
C)If the spell is cast on me by another character, what control of my projections [and their cords] does he have?

I asked the FAQ thread a day or two ago, but have yet to get a response.
Asking another online board gave me a variety of interpretations, both 'yes' and 'no' to all points presented.

Zaranthan
2012-01-18, 02:51 PM
A) can I have multiple projections? If so, what happens when one of them dies?
No, multiple castings of the same spell do not stack, they overlap. You get a new astral body with a refreshed duration.

B)If shapechanged into a nightmare, does the spell end when I shapechange into a new form?
I assume you're using the nightmare's (Su) astral projection ability? No, the AP effect would not end even though you no longer have access to the nightmare's ability.

C)If the spell is cast on me by another character, what control of my projections [and their cords] does he have?
Not much, and yet, a whole lot. He can play "follow the leader" by holding hands with you, but if he lets go you're stuck. Exactly what you can do when not holding hands is unclear.

Surzt and Gurzt
2012-01-18, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the help.