PDA

View Full Version : Help makeing a BBEG (Homebrew playtest campain stay out)

Ninja_Grand
2012-01-18, 09:01 PM
So im in need of a BBEG. But I cant build for crap.:smalltongue:.

So im hopeing the playground can make one for me. But wait, "Just make him a Vampire cleic/wiz" you may say? NEH! I need him to......

Restist most enrgey (Mostly acid and negative)
Be imume to mind-affecting spells
And somehow be fluffed as a keeper of evil secerts.

Can this be done? Please use WOTC 3.5 books only.

Helper(s) get many internets:smallbiggrin:.

Morcleon
2012-01-18, 09:04 PM
Spectral Savant (CPsi), if you have any experience with psionics. Combine with a Psion (telepath) and pick up powers that solidify your concept.

If you want an actual build, give me a level. :D

DonutBoy12321
2012-01-18, 09:33 PM
Spectral Savant (CPsi), if you have any experience with psionics. Combine with a Psion (telepath) and pick up powers that solidify your concept.

If you want an actual build, give me a level. :D

Actually, if you're using CPsi, use the Erudite variant. Much better than Psion. They're also quite smart, so they could be fluffed as keeping secrets.

Ninja_Grand
2012-01-18, 10:38 PM
I take that Erudite is in Cpsi?

Hiro Protagonest
2012-01-18, 10:53 PM
Actually, if you're using CPsi, use the Erudite variant. Much better than Psion. They're also quite smart, so they could be fluffed as keeping secrets.

Spell to Power Erudite is second only to TO builds. And even then it could beat D2 crusader. Not really a good idea.

Ninja_Grand
2012-01-18, 10:58 PM
So what is a good Idea? I suck at optimization.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-01-18, 11:00 PM
Restist most enrgey (Mostly acid and negative)
Be imume to mind-affecting spells
And somehow be fluffed as a keeper of evil secerts.

What level?

Some kind of undead would be an obvious choice, and Archivist (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20051007a&page=3) should be a perfect fit for your desired flavor. Lich or perhaps Necropolitan could work, or sticking to Heroes of Horror you could use the Tainted Minion template; too many dark secrets can do that to someone, or so I've heard.