PDA

View Full Version : Prestige class based around teleporting?

BIGMamaSloth
2012-01-19, 05:33 PM
This is going to sound incredibly vague, and for that I apologize in advance.

I remember reading, seeing or possibly hearing somewhere about a PrC or a feat chain or the like that was based around near at-will teleportation powers. I remember something abut being able to teleport around so fast it gave you a mechanical ability to flank with yourself. Maybe I'm dreaming, and this isn't a whole lot to go on, but any help would be appreciated.

before you ask, why yes, I do want to be nightcrawler. :smalltongue:

sreservoir
2012-01-19, 05:40 PM
and attached feat chain. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/dimensional-savant)

BIGMamaSloth
2012-01-19, 05:46 PM
and attached feat chain. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/dimensional-savant)

you sir are a gentleman and a scholar. didn't realize it was pathfinder, but that doesn't matter.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-01-19, 05:54 PM
There is Wayfare Guide in Complete Arcane which gives 2/3 CL advancement; but IIRC also bonus CL to Teleport spells.

There is also the Jaunter a prestige class from Expedition to the Demonweb Pits Appendix, which is non-magical but gives Baleful Transposition, Benign Transportation, Teleport and Planeshift as SLA, it's uses per day depending on Dex modifier and class level. It is also important to note that it has also a clause to adapt it for casters, in which case it gives those as bonus spell known.

nedz
2012-01-19, 06:34 PM
There's also Horizon Walker from the DMG. This gets Dimension Door every d4 rounds. Thats like 5760/day.
Or there's the Conjurer ACF which gives you a short range bamf at will, as an immediate action. This is very cheesy: Barbarian charges you: Bamf he misses.

Piggy Knowles
2012-01-19, 06:45 PM
The Totemist souldmeld Blink Shirt gives you at-will dimension door of 10', plus 10' per point of essentia invested. Bind it to your totem chakra and it's only a move action, too!

This is the lowest available at-will teleportation that I know of. The "conjurer ACF" that nedz mentioned is only usable Int mod times per day - enough to get you out of trouble, but probably not enough to build a character around it.

The prestige class Telflammar Shadowlord's fourth-level ability lets you make a full attack after you dimension door, and is the basis for a lot of "shadow pounce" builds.

Rogue 1/Totemist 2/Cobra Strike (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#cobraStrike) Monk 2/Umbral Disciple 3/Telflammar Shadowlord 4/Swiftblade (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070327) 8 is a pretty solid shadow pounce build, although if you're planning on playing until level 20, I'd replace the Cobra Strike Monk with Fighter, so that you can get your BAB up to +16. (Don't try to pump Wisdom for Monk abilities or the build will be MAD as heck - just think of it as a two level fighter dip, only you trade a point of BAB for better skills and evasion.)

sreservoir
2012-01-19, 06:47 PM
The Totemist souldmeld Blink Shirt gives you at-will dimension door of 10', plus 10' per point of essentia invested. Bind it to your totem chakra and it's only a move action, too!

it also eats your turn by being based on dimension door.

Big Fau
2012-01-19, 06:52 PM
Least/Lesser/Greater Dragonmark (Passage) all grant teleportation-related abilities, and the Blade of Orien PrC makes good use of the Least feat.

Teflammar Shadowlord and Crinti Shadowpouncer are both Teleportation-focused PrCs, and are very powerful for what they do (well, for psuedo-casters or noncasters anyway).

Piggy Knowles
2012-01-19, 06:53 PM
it also eats your turn by being based on dimension door.

Again, bind it to your totem chakra. Use your standard action first, then blink instead of taking a move action. Once you get pounce, it also means you can use a standard action attack or spell, blink, and full attack.

Tvtyrant
2012-01-19, 07:27 PM
Anklets of Trans-something from the MIC grant you swift action teleports a couple times a day. Shadowcaster's Flicker grants you short range immediate action teleports for a number of turns a day, which is like the conjurers ability.

BIGMamaSloth
2012-01-19, 07:47 PM

sorry, not terribly knowledgeable on incarnum, at what level could I get this soulmeld/totem bind?

Dusk Eclipse
2012-01-19, 08:01 PM
Level two totemist to bind it to the Totem chakra and use it as a move action, otherwise is a feat for Standard action 10 ft. teleports.

sreservoir
2012-01-19, 08:10 PM
sorry, not terribly knowledgeable on incarnum, at what level could I get this soulmeld/totem bind?

totemist 2.

Again, bind it to your totem chakra. Use your standard action first, then blink instead of taking a move action. Once you get pounce, it also means you can use a standard action attack or spell, blink, and full attack.

yes, but you have to take your std (and any swifts, frees) before your move; you can't, say, teleport and attack -- the teleport ends your turn.

also pounce ... does not work that way.

Urpriest
2012-01-19, 08:17 PM
You may also have been thinking of the Elocator, from Expanded Psionics Handbook.

Manateee
2012-01-19, 08:19 PM
yes, but you have to take your std (and any swifts, frees) before your move; you can't, say, teleport and attack -- the teleport ends your turn.

also pounce ... does not work that way.
Check his build.

Gotterdammerung
2012-01-19, 08:20 PM
The prestige class Telflammar Shadowlord's fourth-level ability lets you make a full attack after you dimension door, and is the basis for a lot of "shadow pounce" builds.

Rogue 1/Totemist 2/Cobra Strike (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#cobraStrike) Monk 2/Umbral Disciple 3/Telflammar Shadowlord 4/Swiftblade (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070327) 8 is a pretty solid shadow pounce build, although if you're planning on playing until level 20, I'd replace the Cobra Strike Monk with Fighter, so that you can get your BAB up to +16. (Don't try to pump Wisdom for Monk abilities or the build will be MAD as heck - just think of it as a two level fighter dip, only you trade a point of BAB for better skills and evasion.)

The Blade of Orien from Eberron's Dragonmarked book, is a nice substitute for Teflammar Shadowlord if you want a telepounce build without all the dead weight prerequ's.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-01-19, 08:23 PM
Problem with Blade of Orien is that you must wait till level 16 to Shadow Pounce, fastest entry into Telflamar Shadow Lord is shadowpouncing at ~ level 9

Gotterdammerung
2012-01-19, 08:39 PM
Problem with Blade of Orien is that you must wait till level 16 to Shadow Pounce, fastest entry into Telflamar Shadow Lord is shadowpouncing at ~ level 9

Naw you use roof jumper with bloodspiked charger and quickened dragon mark.

dim hop above them and fall 3 times a round.

You can add lots of stuff on top of it. dungeon crasher fighter+jotunbrud+knockback so you bull rush them into the ground 6 times a round as well as your 6 hits.

Valorious armor spike valorious spiked shield. insert other charge cheeze.

Insert bullrush cheeze

Dusk Eclipse
2012-01-19, 08:41 PM
Might as well use Battle jump and save a few feats...

Big Fau
2012-01-19, 08:42 PM
Naw you use roof jumper with bloodspiked charger and quickened dragon mark.

dim hop above them and fall 3 times a round.

You can add lots of stuff on top of it. dungeon crasher fighter+jotunbrud+knockback so you bull rush them into the ground 6 times a round as well as your 6 hits.

You just run out of Dimension Leap a lot faster. Going the Dragonmark route for teleporting meleers pretty much requires Dragonmarked Scepters (RoE) and the Heart of Io (DoE)

Gotterdammerung
2012-01-19, 08:47 PM
Might as well use Battle jump and save a few feats...

battle jump doesn't really work with this. Roof jumper specifically classifies your fall as a charge which allows it to key into the other tricks.

Elboxo
2012-01-19, 08:52 PM
Where exactly is it outlined that a totemist can use his totem chakra bind as a move action?

Dusk Eclipse
2012-01-19, 08:54 PM
On the description of the Blink Shirt souldmeld itself, it is the Totem binding.

sreservoir
2012-01-19, 08:58 PM
Check his build.

oh. pounce still most certainly does not work that way. the build has shadow pounce, however, which is an entirely different ability with a similar name.

Amoren
2012-01-20, 03:20 AM
...Here's a scary thought. Dimensional Dervish + Telflammar Shadowlord. Would you get full round attacks for every mini-hop, since they're each individual teleports..? xD

Elboxo
2012-01-20, 05:53 AM
On the description of the Blink Shirt souldmeld itself, it is the Totem binding.

Thanks mate

Greenish
2012-01-20, 07:55 AM
battle jump doesn't really work with this. Roof jumper specifically classifies your fall as a charge which allows it to key into the other tricks.Battle Jump specifically classifies your fall as a charge, too.

Roof-Jumper's advantages over Battle Jump is that it's not region specific (or 1st level only), there's no maximum height you can use it from, and the bonus damage has no cap.

Battle Jump's advantages are not taking prerequisite feats and skills, requiring only 5' drop (instead of Roof-Jumper's 20'), and doubling your damage (which in most cases will probably be better than Roof-Jumper's Xd6).

Piggy Knowles
2012-01-20, 10:32 AM
oh. pounce still most certainly does not work that way. the build has shadow pounce, however, which is an entirely different ability with a similar name.

Yeah, sorry, I wasn't as clear as I could have been. And I know that the fact that Blink Shirt is based on DimDoor means it has limitations, but it's still pretty good for at-will teleportation, especially when combined with Shadowlord.

Feralventas
2012-01-20, 02:22 PM
I don't think it's what you're looking for, but I figured that it's worth mentioning. Ghostwalk's Eidalon can, with the right feat selection, fly, walk through walls, or Dimension Door 30ft as a standard action via the related ghost feats in GW. With the right DM, it's possible to use the Etherial Side-step feat as an early access into the Dimensional Dervish set in PF, but it requires a very liberal interpretation as it does not grant the ability to Use DD, but rather functions as it with a much smaller range.

SleepyShadow
2012-01-20, 02:35 PM
Perhaps it is the Elocater in the expanded psionics handbook. They can dimension door so long as they have power points left in their pool, they do have some odd flanking ability, and they have a rather interesting 'puff-slice-puff' ability called dimension door spring attack.

BIGMamaSloth
2012-01-20, 05:06 PM
sorry to get back to you all so late, but there is no confusion, it was absolutely the dimensional dervish feat chain. good to hear all these neat options though.

Venger
2012-01-20, 11:31 PM
while most of the mechanics are junk, as is endemic to D&D wiki, the concept here (take a target with you to teleport aganst their will to drop them) is pretty neat:

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Battle_Teleporter_(3.5e_Prestige_Class)