PDA

View Full Version : Monster of Legend, Reflective Hide?

AngelisBlack
2012-01-19, 07:12 PM
I was looking at MM2, and after reading through the Monster of Legend template, I was confused by one thing. The reflective hide ability says the monster is permanently protected by spell turning. So how many spell levels would be turned? Would that mean that the spell turning roll is done once per day, or just once when you apply the template?

Cog
2012-01-19, 07:19 PM
I'm pretty sure "permanently" means, well, permanently. As in, "stop casting targeted spells at this guy".

erikun
2012-01-19, 07:21 PM
Yeah, I'm away from book, but the impression left on me was that the spell turning was for an unlimited number of spells. It doesn't run out or stop working.

AngelisBlack
2012-01-19, 07:32 PM
Yeah, I'm away from book, but the impression left on me was that the spell turning was for an unlimited number of spells. It doesn't run out or stop working.

Would this apply to epic spells as well?

erikun
2012-01-19, 07:58 PM
Is it an epic-level template?
Would said epic-level spell be affected by the non-epic Spell Turning spell?

I don't think it's an epic template, so I'd assume that the only epic-level spells that would be affected would be those that Spell Turning (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/spellTurning.htm) would affect. Which, in general, would probably not be that many, but I suppose some Wizard somewhere might create a 60th level Polar Ray for whatever reason.