PDA

View Full Version : Teamwork Feats

Karoht
2012-01-19, 07:39 PM
So friends and I got a wacky idea for a campaign. After level X, everyone takes tactical feats whenever they get a feat choice.

We aren't sure what level this 'tactical feats only' rule should begin to apply, and obviously there would likely have to be some class restrictions. I somehow doubt Wizards taking Shield Wall for example, would be a good idea.

It will be primarily a Pathfinder Campaign, but we are willing to entertain ideas for class selection from 3.5.

Thoughts?

Big Fau
2012-01-19, 08:39 PM
Problem 1: There aren't that many useful tactical feats.

Problem 2: This severely impacts noncasters in a very bad way. Denying a noncaster the ability to customize an aspect of his build past a certain is a massive nerf, one that barely even affects spellcasters.

Karoht
2012-01-19, 10:11 PM
Problem 1: There aren't that many useful tactical feats.

Problem 2: This severely impacts noncasters in a very bad way. Denying a noncaster the ability to customize an aspect of his build past a certain is a massive nerf, one that barely even affects spellcasters.
That is sort of my thoughts on it as well. It feels way too much like a nerf to really be any fun, unless we nerf the heck out of the setting to match. And even then... :smallconfused:

Zombulian
2012-01-19, 10:23 PM
If everyone in your group is small you can go for swarm fighting and giantsbane :smalltongue: there are a couple kinda fun feats and there is a PrC in Sword and Fist called Devoted Defender I think.

Dsurion
2012-01-20, 05:13 AM
You could always push to have the teamwork feats granted for free.

Keneth
2012-01-20, 06:06 AM
Well maybe not for free but there's always the option that the GM grants you these feats after completing certain objectives. For instance, he might give you the Outflank feat after you successfully flank and down X opponents or maybe Precise Strike if you hit an opponent X times in a row.

Karoht
2012-01-20, 05:55 PM
Yeah, I think I would have to just give out the teamwork feats for free, and provide scenarios that strongly encourage their use.
Also, since most of the teamwork feats do not really scale well, I'd probably have to homebrew some progression for them or something of the sort.

But ultimately, the more I consider it, the more I think this would be either a very difficult or very un-fun campaign. Or sadly, both.