PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Components

GrimJester
2012-01-20, 12:38 AM
I'm looking for good components for my duel wielding ranger warforged, or just what would be good weapons and stuff to put on him. I've never played a warforged before any help would be greatly appreciated.

Diarmuid
2012-01-20, 10:07 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by components, but other than not really needing armor, you would choose the same types of weapons you would choose for a non-warfogred ranger.

Cieyrin
2012-01-20, 11:29 AM
The Sentinel and Tracker components would probably enhance your Rangering skills, since bonuses to Spot, Listen and Scent are all nice things for rangers. Otherwise...It's kinda to taste what you want, as you can make most anything into a component at no additional cost.

Diarmuid
2012-01-20, 03:07 PM
Cieryn, are those PF options or something from one of the non-basic Eberron books?

Codenpeg
2012-01-20, 11:31 PM
The Sentinel and Tracker components would probably enhance your Rangering skills, since bonuses to Spot, Listen and Scent are all nice things for rangers. Otherwise...It's kinda to taste what you want, as you can make most anything into a component at no additional cost.

I'm curious to find out how much it would cost to implement a magical forge in my Warforged Warblade. A Warforged Warblade forge if you will.

Cieyrin
2012-01-20, 11:34 PM
Cieryn, are those PF options or something from one of the non-basic Eberron books?

Sentinal and Tracker are both from Races of Eberron. The make whatever into components I'm fairly sure was covered when they were introduced in the ECS, though I could be wrong. It's not like making them a component provides extra value or powers or such.

Marnath
2012-01-21, 12:23 AM
Sentinal and Tracker are both from Races of Eberron. The make whatever into components I'm fairly sure was covered when they were introduced in the ECS, though I could be wrong. It's not like making them a component provides extra value or powers or such.

Well, the embedded kind can't be disarmed or targeted independently until your hp is 0 or less, so there's that. They also are not damaged if you roll a 1 on your reflex save.

Cieyrin
2012-01-22, 02:54 PM
Well, the embedded kind can't be disarmed or targeted independently until your hp is 0 or less, so there's that. They also are not damaged if you roll a 1 on your reflex save.

Well sure but that's still not exactly staying power, that's a neat side perk of choosing to go Warforged.