PDA

View Full Version : How do I stop being a "Pixie in the Playground"?

LibrarianHuntar
2012-01-20, 12:47 PM
Why am I a "Pixie in the Playground", how do i stop being on, and how to i set a custom avatar?

Ursus the Grim
2012-01-20, 12:50 PM
Pixie in the Playground is a rank, related to post count. Discussing exact numbers is not allowed, but if you contribute to the forums and post, it will change.

To change your avatar, click "User CP" and scroll to the bottom of the page. The image must be hosted on the web, and you insert the URL into that box. Keep in mind the various guidelines for it, as outlined in the forum rules.

In after swordsage, I'm sure.

Haruki-kun
2012-01-20, 12:54 PM
how to i set a custom avatar?

*checks your avatar* Ah, I see the problem. See, the issue with your avatar is that the max avatar size is 120x120, and they don't rescale. The avatar you just set up is appearing full-size, so you're just seeing the corner of it. To see the full avatar, you need to scale down the picture and re-upload to Imageshack or similar image-hosting sites.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-01-20, 12:55 PM
Seeing as you've only been on the site for a month, it's natural to be designated a "Pixie". Everyone is. The only way to change it is to post, the more posts you've made, the quicker it'll change.

The site automatically logs you off after a certain time if you have the default setting on. Somewhere around a half hour, i think.

The custom avatar bit is trickier. you need to have a picture that you can find online, and then copy the pictures URL (by right clicking on the pic, going to properties) and then paste it into the custom avatar bar in the edit options menu of your User CP.

hope that hopes, if i'm wrong on any accounts, i apologize. just read it here, in the FAQ that you'll see at the top of your page. Right next to user CP

RabbitHoleLost
2012-01-20, 12:56 PM
Golly, Mister Haruki, you would be an awesome moderator if ever the need for new moderators comes around again.
:smallwink:

missmvicious
2012-01-20, 01:29 PM
Lol. I know how you feel... except the opposite. I like being a Pixie... pixies are cute, and I also had a lot of fun playing a Pixie in a campaign I was in. Now, I'm like an Orc or something. :smallannoyed: Orcs aren't cute.

Oh well... this too shall pass. It's just some kind of rank. The more you post the "bigger" you get. BTW, spamming to get out of Pixie rank will get you banned, so play nice. Read the Rules of Posting Announcement in Friendly Banter to get the full scoop. It'll answer a lot of questions that you have.

Oh, and welcome to the Playground! :smallbiggrin:

Oh! It looks like I'm a Barbarian now!

Kneenibble
2012-01-20, 01:30 PM
Why am I a "Pixie in the Playground", how do i stop being on, and how to i set a custom avatar?

I won't go into too much detail, but it involves a few of us, a dark room, and an Oreo.

Kobold-Bard
2012-01-20, 02:19 PM
For the sake of completeness here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45659)'s the official word on post counts & the corresponding ranks.

LibrarianHuntar
2012-01-20, 07:55 PM
Thanks people, it helps a lot.

LibrarianHuntar
2012-01-20, 07:59 PM
Seeing as you've only been on the site for a month, it's natural to be designated a "Pixie". Everyone is. The only way to change it is to post, the more posts you've made, the quicker it'll change.

The site automatically logs you off after a certain time if you have the default setting on. Somewhere around a half hour, i think.

The custom avatar bit is trickier. you need to have a picture that you can find online, and then copy the pictures URL (by right clicking on the pic, going to properties) and then paste it into the custom avatar bar in the edit options menu of your User CP.

hope that hopes, if I'm wrong on any accounts, i apologize. just read it here, in the FAQ that you'll see at the top of your page. Right next to user CP
Actually, I've been on the site for a few years, but until i became a DM in January i had no desire to contribute. Now I've joined

LibrarianHuntar
2012-01-20, 08:33 PM
How do I close this thread

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2012-01-20, 08:38 PM
You don't! Hahahah!

Ahem. You could ask a moderator to lock it, or let nature take its course and let a total lack of further posting just make the thread drift down and away from the collective consciousness. Yeah.

My posting this isn't helping that happen. Sorry.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2012-01-20, 08:43 PM
Click the little "warning" sign underneath each post, underneath your avatar, and write "Issue solved, close thread please?" or something of the sort as the reason for reporting the thread. That'll bring it to the attention of the mods. Probably best to do this with the first post, just cuz.

Also, at the bottom right of each of your posts is the "edit" button, which should be used in stead of double (or triple :smallsmile:) posting.

Cheers!

grimbold
2012-01-21, 03:34 AM
Pixie in the Playground is a rank, related to post count. Discussing exact numbers is not allowed, but if you contribute to the forums and post, it will change.

To change your avatar, click "User CP" and scroll to the bottom of the page. The image must be hosted on the web, and you insert the URL into that box. Keep in mind the various guidelines for it, as outlined in the forum rules.

In after swordsage, I'm sure.

ursus the grim is on point:smallcool:

The Succubus
2012-01-21, 04:54 AM
I won't go into too much detail, but it involves a few of us, a dark room, and an Oreo.

</rrrrrrowl>

I understand your situation. I'll never stop being a pixie in the playground without some major wing and ear surgery which I don't want to go into.:smallfrown:

thubby
2012-01-21, 07:09 AM
er, his avatar is nicol bolas from m:tg.

i dont know if thats a thing.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-01-21, 12:22 PM
it says under you avatar "join date december 2011"

Mutant Sheep
2012-01-21, 06:11 PM
it says under you avatar "join date december 2011"
I think he meant he was lurking.:smalltongue: *points at bold*

Actually, I've been on the site for a few years, but until i became a DM in January i had no desire to contribute. Now I've joined

Remember to read the rules and stuff to go far, and liberally dose smileys in your posts.:smallamused:

Greenish
2012-01-22, 02:53 AM
The site automatically logs you off after a certain time if you have the default setting on. Somewhere around a half hour, i think.Really? I must've fiddled around with that, then, since since joining I've logged on the site twice. :smalltongue:

Coidzor
2012-01-22, 03:15 AM
...I'm still trying to figure out how to keep from being auto-logged in whenever I visit the site from my parents' computer when I borrow it...

Fortunately none of them even know of the site at least....:/

Knaight
2012-01-22, 03:16 AM
Really? I must've fiddled around with that, then, since since joining I've logged on the site twice. :smalltongue:

You can alter it - I basically only have to log on after doing the periodic data purges.

Yora
2012-01-22, 06:46 AM
...I'm still trying to figure out how to keep from being auto-logged in whenever I visit the site from my parents' computer when I borrow it...
You don't check the field "Always stay logged in" when entering your password.

super dark33
2012-01-22, 12:08 PM
I also want to give you this tiny piece of information: Above a posters username in a post, there is a date. it is when the post was posted. if the last post was 6 weeks + old, then dont post in the thread.
this will save you a few interfactions.

Have a fun time in the playground!

LibrarianHuntar
2012-01-22, 12:17 PM
[QUOTE=Mutant Sheep;12572723]I think he meant he was lurking.[QUOTE]
I prefer the term "mute and invisible", but yes, I only read the comic and looked at stuff.

LibrarianHuntar
2012-01-22, 12:18 PM
I also want to give you this tiny piece of information: Above a posters username in a post, there is a date. it is when the post was posted. if the last post was 6 weeks + old, then dont post in the thread.
this will save you a few interfactions.

Have a fun time in the playground!

To late, unfortunatly.

Coidzor
2012-01-22, 02:10 PM
You don't check the field "Always stay logged in" when entering your password.

Yeah, problem being, I do that. Actually, what I do is, I turn on the computer, I open up firefox, I go here, I find that I am logged in. I log out. I log back in with that box unchecked.

It then works so that I auto-log out if I don't post often enough on that session.

This is the case until I log off the forums and turn the computer off.

When I turn the computer back on and visit the website, lo and behold, logged back in. :smallannoyed: And I know I didn't tell Firefox to auto remember the password and enter it, because it still asks if I want it to remember the password despite having told it to never ask again.