PDA

View Full Version : Uncanny Trickster1, Factotum9 or other?

Bloodgruve
2012-01-20, 03:03 PM
Need some advice here.

I am currently running a Factotum8/Swordsage1 IF build. Just gained a level and I'm debating what route I should take. With Factotum I'd gain another spell per day and Uncanny Trickster would net me a skill trick and favorite trick.

I'm also open to advice on other class/prc's that would go good with this build. I'm happy with my damage output but I would like to improve mobility and utility.

TYVM
Blood~

prufock
2012-01-20, 03:56 PM
Need some advice here.

I am currently running a Factotum8/Swordsage1 IF build. Just gained a level and I'm debating what route I should take. With Factotum I'd gain another spell per day and Uncanny Trickster would net me a skill trick and favorite trick.

I'm also open to advice on other class/prc's that would go good with this build. I'm happy with my damage output but I would like to improve mobility and utility.

It depends on what you want, really.
Factotum 9: +1 to both poor saves, 6 skill points, d8 hit die, +1 spell per day.
Uncanny Trickster 1 - bonus skill trick, favorite trick, 8 skill points, d6 hit die, +2 reflex save.

Is there a particular reason you want a bonus trick and 1 extra use of a trick per encounter? If so, UT may be worth it. Personally, I'd go for Factotum. Improves your poorer saves, and the usual "spellcasting wins" reasoning. Spells are probably going to be better for improving your utility and mobility, which is what you said you needed. Rope Trick, Alter Self, Levitate, Fly, Resist/Protection from Energy, Dispel Magic, Phantom Steed, Tongues... the list goes on. Plus if you may level up again later, you're probably better off getting more IPs and higher spell levels than more skill tricks.

Magic says to skill tricks "Anything you can do, I can do better."

EDIT: If you can meet the requirements, Master of Masks is not bad for a level or two. There's really only 2 or 3 masks worth taking (gladiator, faceless, archmage).

Bloodgruve
2012-01-20, 04:08 PM
I'm caught up on having options and I see some people swear by Uncanny Trickster which I would advance to lvl3. I uses a couple skill tricks to achieve a flatfooted condition and there's a couple others that are interesting.

I will take a closer look at Master of Masks.

TYVM
Blood~