PDA

View Full Version : Simple shape change question

Lovable Wizard
2012-01-20, 04:22 PM
Say i cast Righteous Might (the spell) in one form, and then shape change into a form where i would not be able to cast said spell, would i still be under the effects of the spell? Say i change into a Lilitu, which has 9th level divine casting, then change back into my original form, do i get the benefits of the spells i have cast.

Diarmuid
2012-01-20, 04:25 PM
The spells themselves have durations that have no bearing on the caster once they are cast.

A wizard casting blindness and then being killed, the target is still permanently blind. I would likely say that any spell that would normally be Dismissable to end early would not be able to be Dismissed once the casting capabilities were gone, but that doesnt seem like it would be a big deal for you.

Flickerdart
2012-01-20, 04:31 PM
The lilitu's casting does not replace your own, so the point is moot anyway.

Diarmuid
2012-01-20, 04:43 PM
What are you basing that on?

Quoted from Shapechange
"You gain all extraordinary and supernatural abilities (both attacks and qualities) of the assumed form, but you lose your own supernatural abilities"

The Liltu's casting is the result of an Ex: ability.

No one said it replaces, but you would gain it.

That being said, gaining 9th level divine casting itself doesnt immediately grant you spells memorized. You would still need to rest and prepare your spells which is going to be tight on 10 mins/lvl.

Flickerdart
2012-01-20, 04:46 PM
Oh, I see. I read the OP wrong - thought he was casting Righteous Might and then swapping into Lilitu form.

Lovable Wizard
2012-01-20, 05:21 PM
What are you basing that on?

That being said, gaining 9th level divine casting itself doesnt immediately grant you spells memorized. You would still need to rest and prepare your spells which is going to be tight on 10 mins/lvl.
Thank you for that specific advice, its very helpful