PDA

View Full Version : prestige class conversion 3.0 to 3.5

Chylde
2012-01-20, 08:52 PM
In an upcoming 3.5 game I 'm planning on playing a character with the aim of being a master of chains... Now I just need to find a conversion from 3.0 for the class... or build it myself (haven't done this yet, not sure how intricate the process is) has anyone else converted this class already?

Cog
2012-01-20, 09:04 PM
In an upcoming 3.5 game I 'm planning on playing a character with the aim of being a master of chains... Now I just need to find a conversion from 3.0 for the class... or build it myself (haven't done this yet, not sure how intricate the process is) has anyone else converted this class already?
There is, unfortunately, an official conversion - according to Wizards, that class is one of a few rolled into the Exotic Weapon Master class in Complete Warrior.

Manateee
2012-01-20, 10:11 PM
Exotic Weapon master is certainly better, and is officially an update, but it doesn't really carry any of the MoC's abilities over.

Actually, there's nothing in the class that would need updating (except that you get to rename "Expertise"). Deflect Attacks would be cooler as an immediate action, but that dramatically changes its function.

If I were porting it into 3.5, I'd shift the alignment restriction to any Evil, tack on the Eternal Blade's maneuver progression, though and make Iron Heart and Devoted Spirit maneuvers available. For the creepy chain devil-type vibe. (Or for a non-evil MoC, something beside Devoted Spirit... either Diamond Mind or Setting Sun).

Chylde
2012-01-20, 11:56 PM
There is, unfortunately, an official conversion - according to Wizards, that class is one of a few rolled into the Exotic Weapon Master class in Complete Warrior.

Yeah, I looked at the Exotic Weapons Master and instantly thought to myself "that has nothing that appeals to me from the class anymore...

Exotic Weapon master is certainly better, and is officially an update, but it doesn't really carry any of the MoC's abilities over.

Actually, there's nothing in the class that would need updating (except that you get to rename "Expertise"). Deflect Attacks would be cooler as an immediate action, but that dramatically changes its function.

If I were porting it into 3.5, I'd shift the alignment restriction to any Evil, tack on the Eternal Blade's maneuver progression, though and make Iron Heart and Devoted Spirit maneuvers available. For the creepy chain devil-type vibe. (Or for a non-evil MoC, something beside Devoted Spirit... either Diamond Mind or Setting Sun).

Hoping to end up with a True Neutral character, I do like the idea of Iron Heart and Diamond mind, though... Also, I really want to expand the Prerequisitess to allow a little weapon variation... A Chain-and-Dagger or a Gyrspike would make suitable replacements, being chain-oriented weapons and such...