PDA

View Full Version : Dragonspawn help

CIDE
2012-01-21, 12:02 PM
Alright, two ideas involving the Dragonspawn template. In this case I'm specifically using the Pre-Errata White Dragonspawn (already approved by DM).

Also for this (and I qoute) "Anything D20" applies. Despite that I prefer to stick with D&D/Pathfinder/Dragon Magazine only. That's just a personal preference though.

The first question involves races. Are there any races out there (preferably non-LA) that give ALL Martial Weapons? That way I can use the following build without having to dip into fighter and keep full spellcasting levels.

White Dragonspawn +1 LA (bought off)
10 Sorcerer
10 Eldricht Knight (Pathfinder)

The levels won't be in that order. However, what I'm looking at is the White Dragonspawn gives you 1 level of spellcasting as a Sorcerer which counteracts the one empty level of Eldricht knight. So in this way the character would cast as an equal level Sorcerer while also getting d10 hit die and bonus feats.

The second question is for a Erudite build. Would that +1 level of Sorcerer spellcasting potentially "fix" the only downside (that I can think of) for the Erudite build? Basically instead of being limited to level 8 arcane spells could that +1 level always keep their arcane spellcasting equal to their psi manifesting level?

So, just to reiterate the questions and potentially make it easier to read I'll have a section at the bottom where they're highlighted.

[b]1. Is there a race that gives ALL Martial Weapons as a proficiency? Preferably non-LA.
2. Can the +1 level of Sorcerer spellcasting "fix" the Arcane spellcasting Eudite?[b]

P.S. Yes, I'm all about the cheese for both of these. Occasionally we get some guys in the group that want to go all out and when (not If) they do I want to be able to keep up. Otherwise I'm generally the weakest character in the party as I focus more on the fluff than mechanics.

Greenish
2012-01-21, 12:07 PM
The first question involves races. Are there any races out there (preferably non-LA) that give ALL Martial Weapons?Outsiders are proficient with all martial weapons, so Neraph at +0 LA or Aasimar/Tiefling at +1 LA are the usual suspects.

PGtF has the regional feats Militia and Otherworldly that also work.

CIDE
2012-01-21, 02:29 PM
Thanks. That's perfect.