PDA

View Full Version : Hellboy: The RPG [GURPs]

Tanuki Tales
2012-01-22, 12:32 AM
I just found out this thing existed and my preliminary probings seem to point towards this being based solely on the comics, which peaks my interests further (don't get me wrong, I loved the movies).

How does the game measure up as a whole?

I'm a big Hellboy fan (just ordered 5 novels [The Ice Wolves, The Lost Army, Unnatural Evolution, Emerald Hell, and Odder Jobs] and I've already read 3 [Bones of Giants, Oddest Jobs and The God Machine]]) and something like this would definitely finally get me to dive right into playing the GURPs system for the first time.

chaddukes
2012-01-27, 08:47 PM
This is the most awesome thing I've ever seen on the interwebz!

Tanuki Tales
2012-02-05, 11:21 PM
This is the most awesome thing I've ever seen on the interwebz!

Thanks?

Anyone have something to add? Oh and update, I just finished Emerald Hell. Twas pretty good.

Science Officer
2012-02-06, 01:49 PM
I was slated to play in a BPRD campaign, but it never materialised :smallsigh:

In general, I really like GURPS, but have never played it. But building characters sure was a lot of fun. Yes, a lot of fun. Also, GURPS: Infinite Earths may be the finest RPG book I've ever read.

Haven't read the Hellboy GURPS book specifically, but GURPS is a good system for Hellboy, I feel. Best of luck with your game.

JackShandy
2012-02-06, 07:24 PM
It's been a long time since I speed-read through GURPS: Hellboy in order to run a one shot, but I remember it having a good ruleset, with some suggested streamlining of the GURPS rules. It suggests some good ways to capture the Hellboy "feel" in a game.