PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Dungeons and Dragons Lecture

Totally Guy
2012-01-22, 06:22 AM
When I was on a trip to New York a couple of months back I met these two guys who were pretty into the same kinds of games as me.

They said they were invited to MAGFest X as "gaming intellectuals" to do panels there.

I checked their website and saw that they'd put up their Beyond Dungeons and Dragons panel from MAGFest X on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtUgtX3ncTk). It's an hour long.

They talk about what gaming is, how it works and then go on the talk about all kinds of different games that are all designed using different mechanisms to D&D and all the similar games.

I was really impressed with it!

Kol Korran
2012-01-23, 11:00 AM
this was an interesting view... the first 20-25 minutes a bit less, but once they got to the Indi games... i need to check them out, i only knew of Spirit of the Century (is it considered Indi? i don't know)

anyway, just wanted to say thanks, i think i will try to check some of these things out. especially intrigued by "the burning wheel" :smallwink:

Siegel
2012-01-23, 11:19 AM
especially intrigued by "the burning wheel" :smallwink:

WOHO! Just got the game last thursday and it is especially awesome

Totally Guy
2012-01-23, 11:25 AM
anyway, just wanted to say thanks, i think i will try to check some of these things out. especially intrigued by "the burning wheel" :smallwink:

Rym, the one with the glasses, ran a game of it for me and it was amazing (and Meg from Brilliant Gameologists was there too). Everyone died with the exception of me. I was trapped in the dungeon for hundreds of years of cursing my own elven immortality.

I've run it for a few people myself.