PDA

View Full Version : Kickstarter reward - bonus background story

rman
2012-01-22, 05:48 PM
As part of the current kickstarter campaign to reprint War and XPs there is the possibility of getting short background stories on 3 characters.

What characters would people like to see ? We may possibly get 3 if there are more extra generous people out there.

My suggestions -
a) bug guy Belkar used to hang with, Buggy Lou (#685)
b) wizard guy from the same school as Roy's sister (#342?? no name?)
c) female leader of the bandit camp, Samantha (#159)
- opps just came up with a forth
d) owner of the sky ship Elan hitched a ride on, Julio Scoundrel (#389)

-- Pledge 1,250 or more, 3 available (one taken at this time).
A short OOTS story (8-12 pages) about any character of your choice from the comic strip, delivered as a PDF file to you and everyone else who pledges. Basically, you choose the character you want to learn more about, I write the story, and everyone gets to see it. Plus a crayon drawing of that character, an autographed copy of War and XPs, and the Roy Greenhilt magnet, shipped anywhere. (Note: You may choose any character from any OOTS comic—living, dead, or even unnamed—as long as someone else doesn't own the intellectual property rights to them. Or instead of a character, you may choose a fairy tale or classic public domain novel to receive a StickTales retelling.)

Kobold-Bard
2012-01-22, 05:57 PM
1. Tsukiko because I'm a raving fanboy.

2. Julio Scoundrel's sky-piracy shenanigans.

3. Tarquin's rise to power.

MoonCat
2012-01-22, 06:04 PM
Tarquin

SoD spoilers (although I've noticed that lately mentioning him doesn't need to be spoilered for some reason
Right-eye

And the orcs after they began worshiping giggles.

Let's just hope whoever forks over 1,250 isn't a TGWTH fan.

turkishproverb
2012-01-22, 06:08 PM
1. Tsukiko because I'm a raving fanboy.

2. Julio Scoundrel's sky-piracy shenanigans.

3. Tarquin's rise to power.

We already got 2.

For me, I'd want (that haven't been mentioned:

1. The oracle

2. Goblin Dan

3. Malack

4. The party that tried to stop Tarquin

5. Tie between Man with Pike and Psionic Goblin.

legomaster00156
2012-01-22, 06:12 PM
They just earned a few hundred thousand dollars, I believe. :smallbiggrin:

Gift Jeraff
2012-01-22, 06:14 PM
I'm hoping for

1. Thog (unless there's going to be a full-scale Linear prequel)
2. Blackwing (he got the shaft in Origins and I think only appears on 1 page in SSaDT)
3. Mr. Scruffy (unless O-Chul's story shows how Shojo got him)
4. Qarr

What happens if 2 $1250 pledgers ask for the same character?

MoonCat
2012-01-22, 06:14 PM
They just earned a few hundred thousand dollars, I believe. :smallbiggrin:

Who did? :smallconfused:

Kobold-Bard
2012-01-22, 06:24 PM

What happens if 2 $1250 pledgers ask for the same character?

Either they agree between them who the other one should be, or whoever picks a replacement first wins, I guess.

turkishproverb
2012-01-22, 06:27 PM
Or we get a double length story about that character.

Nevitan
2012-01-22, 06:28 PM
Though my pledge has already been made, I would suggest Aardinarius (http://oots.wikia.com/wiki/Aardinarius) for the background story.

Kobold-Bard
2012-01-22, 06:30 PM
Or we get a double length story about that character.

Including an evil twin.

MoonCat
2012-01-22, 06:33 PM
Ooh, what about Kyrie? They'd make an interesting character.

Of course it's whoever does it's decision. I'm quite curious to find out who they choose.

turkishproverb
2012-01-22, 06:34 PM
...Kobold Bard's avatar has me wishing we could request a story about forum avatars instead...

rman
2012-01-22, 06:36 PM
$1250/10 = $125
$1250/100 = $12.50

There are likely more than 100 Tsukiko/Tarquin/Malack fans out there who could organize together fairly easily.

I would rather stay away from Tarquin/Malack at the moment as there is the possibility of a real full book there, like Start of Darkness . And the more we get Rich to fill in that void the less will be the pull on him to do a full fill in on the history of the western continent.

Does Tarquin's party even have a group name that we have heard ?

Reverent-One
2012-01-22, 06:45 PM
Than?

Monster in the darkness?

Any order of the scribble member?

Really, I think it's more a question which character I wouldn't want an addition short story on.

One Skunk Todd
2012-01-22, 07:21 PM
I wouldn't mind knowing more about Miko

Forealms
2012-01-22, 07:51 PM
Though my pledge has already been made, I would suggest Aardinarius (http://oots.wikia.com/wiki/Aardinarius) for the background story.

I would second that, though my pledge is woefully insignificant.

The Unborne
2012-01-22, 08:21 PM
Why must it be a background? No one else cares for a rendition of another story into stick-style? I was thinking "The Firebird" would look amazing.

tcrudisi
2012-01-22, 08:43 PM
Hmm... after seeing someone suggest MitD, I can't help but think that he would be the only one off-limits. After all, I doubt Rich wants to spoil the secret before the big reveal. And writing a background story without ever revealing what he is would be extraordinarily difficult.

Personally, if I had a job, I'd donate in a heartbeat. I would love to see the prelude to Julio Scoundrel. He was amazing in his few strips and I think he really deserves more.

SpaceBadger
2012-01-22, 08:50 PM
Personally, if I had a job, I'd donate in a heartbeat. I would love to see the prelude to Julio Scoundrel. He was amazing in his few strips and I think he really deserves more.

Did you know there is a Julio Scoundrel story in Snips Snails and Dragon Tales?

Whiffet
2012-01-22, 08:50 PM
I'll have to go through every comic and see who catches my eye. Not that I can afford to pledge that much, but it's still fun to imagine. Besides, maybe people who will pledge the necessary amount need inspiration.

Trigak? Nah, that's silly. Violet, the spirit Eugene dated after dying? That could be interesting. What happened that caused her father's soul to be devoured by a cursed sword? How about Celia's earth fairy friend who was killed by Thog? Or maybe one of the goblin teenagers?

... Anyone care about any of these?

Flame of Anor
2012-01-22, 08:51 PM

If you want to see that, just buy SS&DT...that's where Julio is.

Personally, I'd love to see more of Sir Francois.

Reverent-One
2012-01-22, 09:08 PM
Hmm... after seeing someone suggest MitD, I can't help but think that he would be the only one off-limits. After all, I doubt Rich wants to spoil the secret before the big reveal. And writing a background story without ever revealing what he is would be extraordinarily difficult.

Despite this thread title, I don't see the Giant describe it as a background story anywhere, just as a short story.

Goosefarble
2012-01-22, 09:08 PM
b) wizard guy from the same school as Roy's sister (#342?? no name?)

By no name you mean Pompey.

Janus
2012-01-22, 09:48 PM
And the orcs after they began worshiping giggles.
That would be freaking awesome. :smallbiggrin:

I wouldn't mind knowing more about Miko
I thought earlier that if it had been my choice, I would've considered Miko out of a morbid curiosity about the violence that would break out in the forums.

MoonCat
2012-01-22, 09:55 PM
That would be freaking awesome. :smallbiggrin:

I thought earlier that if it had been my choice, I would've considered Miko out of a morbid curiosity about the violence that would break out in the forums.

First panel. Orcs have blueberry stains on their mouths...

CoffeeIncluded
2012-01-22, 10:01 PM
I kinda want to see more about Inkyrius. Or Tarquin and the rest of his team, if there's no prequel book for them.

FireDrake
2012-01-22, 10:12 PM
I like to think that if we weren't automatically getting an O-Chul backstory, his name would come up in this conversation almost non-stop.

I'd like to see the guy with the halberd and the guy with the cape meet up and go on an adventure together.

But seriously though. I really like the idea of a Violet back story, or Inkyrius. In fact, I've always wanted to see more of the Shadowdancer and the Demolitions Dwarf, that would be amazing!

Kancsar
2012-01-22, 10:14 PM
A tsukiko solo adventure would be interesting, and a nice counter point to OChul.

Otherwise, I'd like to see Tarquin's team win their race, though perhaps they will get heir ownfull-length backstory book someday.

ti'esar
2012-01-22, 10:51 PM
I like to think that if we weren't automatically getting an O-Chul backstory, his name would come up in this conversation almost non-stop.

I'd like to see the guy with the halberd and the guy with the cape meet up and go on an adventure together.

But seriously though. I really like the idea of a Violet back story, or Inkyrius. In fact, I've always wanted to see more of the Shadowdancer and the Demolitions Dwarf, that would be amazing!

Who is "the guy with the cape"?

I'll second the proposal for the Shadowdancer and "Kaboom" Redaxe. They were fun.

I'd like to see a full-scale prequel on Tarquin's Team someday, so if a story featuring them would bump that back, I'd vote against it.

turkishproverb
2012-01-22, 10:55 PM

I forgot all about the guy with the halberd. Fun.

DrBurr
2012-01-22, 11:23 PM
The second story has been pledged now, as for characters I'd like to see in a prequel I could definitely get behind Kaboom Redaxe or Tarquin though I'm sure everyone's favorite dictator is likely to get a full prequel book. Especially now that hes getting involved with the gates

Flame of Anor
2012-01-22, 11:37 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if two (or three) of them were about the same character?

FireDrake
2012-01-22, 11:41 PM
Who is "the guy with the cape"?

The guy just to the left of Haley's head. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0341.html)

Oindoth
2012-01-23, 12:25 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a short story of the exploits of Wight with Boots.

The Giant
2012-01-23, 12:28 AM
Keep in mind that the story is not listed as a background story per se, merely a story of my choosing. So if someone picks a character for whom the background is already going to be worked into the main strip or an already-planned prequel, I have the freedom to tell a "current" story about them, possibly from the time skip during Don't Split the Party.

So for example, if someone picked the Monster in the Darkness but I didn't want to give any more away about his background, I might write a short story about his time befriending O-Chul in Azure City, or hanging around the basement of Dorukan's Dungeon, or whatever.

If two people pick the same character, I'll probably do a double-length story.

Porthos
2012-01-23, 12:45 AM
The second story has been pledged now, as for characters I'd like to see in a prequel I could definitely get behind Kaboom Redaxe or Tarquin though I'm sure everyone's favorite dictator is likely to get a full prequel book. Especially now that hes getting involved with the gates

Two in less than 24 hours, no less. :smalleek:

Might not need to get a pool of people going at this rate (which was one of the suggestions made in the main thread on this). :smallwink:

Wizzardman2
2012-01-23, 12:50 AM
This really makes me wish I didn't have to save all my money to survive medical school next year. I really wish I could buy a Durkon or Haley or even an Ian Starshine story for everyone, because those would be exceptionally cool.

Flame of Anor
2012-01-23, 01:15 AM
All of us non-thousandaires can just hope we get stories about our favorite minor characters...

SaintRidley
2012-01-23, 02:01 AM
Why must it be a background? No one else cares for a rendition of another story into stick-style? I was thinking "The Firebird" would look amazing.

I'd gun for a StickTales version of Beowulf, myself.

Or Gawain and the Green Knight.

turkishproverb
2012-01-23, 02:24 AM
Hound of the Baskervilles.

Eerie
2012-01-23, 02:24 AM
If I had the money, I'd totally choose Psteve. Poor Psteve... :smallamused:

Chobarth
2012-01-23, 02:26 AM
1) Belkar's Aunt Judy and his birthday party...

2) Tarquin's party (Malack, Myron, Cat-Girl, the other two)

3) Durkon's former love interest Hilgya (after they separated, not before)

Crod
2012-01-23, 02:36 AM
I'd like to know more about Tsukiko

And darn it being in the wrong time zone. I would have loved one of the signed versions of the comic, but I guess I'll have to settle for the regular one as they ran out before I woke up :(

Emulgator
2012-01-23, 03:01 AM
I wonder what events made Miko one special palladin, but I guess it's just me.

Michaeler
2012-01-23, 03:05 AM
Well it's too late but I'd have gone for someone from the bar fight.

Flame of Anor
2012-01-23, 03:06 AM
I wonder what events made Miko one special palladin, but I guess it's just me.

Well, one time she was asleep face down, and a rogue came up with a big stick...

Michaeler
2012-01-23, 03:12 AM
Well, one time she was asleep face down, and a rogue came up with a big stick...

... and she concluded that this must have been a sign from the gods...

Menarker
2012-01-23, 03:37 AM
I personally would be interested in the Oracle for a variety of reasons:

1: His role in the OOtS universe is significant enough to be of considerable interest regarding the plot as opposed to some of the other more minor characters like the Azure Soldier with a Halberd.

2: Possibility of more plot revelations for us to yammer on forever about via his prophecies. (Which may or may not involve another significant member of the OOtS plot)

3: Comedic gold such as his plentiful 4th wall breaking antics.

Joerg
2012-01-23, 11:39 AM
Sold out already!

I'd actually toyed with the idea of ordering such a story myself, but I don't know if I really would have. Anyway, I'd like to see the Nibelungen saga. Or the background of a character which was killed as collateral damage, e.g. of a black dragon killed by familicide.

Zordrath
2012-01-23, 02:57 PM
I'd really love to see more of Tarquin :smallbiggrin: I think chances for him to be picked are actually pretty good ,considering how popular he is at the moment.

Aarindarius or Kyrie might be very interesting as well, considering how little we know about them.

Either way, I personally hope none of the main characters, meaning OOTS, Team Evil and Linear Guild are picked, since the main strip and the existing prequel books already contain so much material about them. There are plenty of great supporting characters I'd love to see expanded upon.

Flame of Anor
2012-01-23, 03:05 PM
Aarindarius or Kyrie might be very interesting as well, considering how little we know about them.

It's kind of weird how everyone refers to Inkyrius as Kyrie, especially as that's Greek for "Lord"...

ti'esar
2012-01-23, 05:04 PM
It's kind of weird how everyone refers to Inkyrius as Kyrie, especially as that's Greek for "Lord"...

I'm pretty sure V actually calls him that at one point, so it's not completely a forum product.

rewinn
2012-01-23, 05:32 PM

Perhaps Kyrie can publish a recipe book - starting with those dragon-killing muffins. The family is going to need another source of income unless V starts paying child support.

MoonCat
2012-01-23, 07:51 PM

V calls hir that IIRC. Lord hmmm...

Perhaps Kyrie can publish a recipe book - starting with those dragon-killing muffins. The family is going to need another source of income unless V starts paying child support.

Does child support exist here? There seems to be a divorce system, maybe Jones and-Idiot-I-can't-remember-the-name-of-until-the-'remember'-in-my-extended-name-but-by-now-I-kinda-wanna post the joke-anyway-Rodriguez are in charge of that as well. Heh.

Do you think support money gets teleported?

Flame of Anor
2012-01-23, 08:36 PM
V calls hir that IIRC.

Yes. Of course, s/he calls V "Suvie", too...I'm just not certain why this one caught on.

ti'esar
2012-01-23, 08:39 PM
Yes. Of course, s/he calls V "Suvie", too...I'm just not certain why this one caught on.

Maybe it's because we already have a convenient abbreviation for V, whereas referring to Inkyrius as "I" would only confuse people.

Kairamek
2012-01-23, 08:44 PM
Eagle Eye Pete. Not Old Blind Pete. Before he lost his eyes.

Or the Cliffport Police Chief. To many opportunities for cop cliches.

Janus
2012-01-23, 09:27 PM
I'd gun for a StickTales version of Beowulf, myself.

Or Gawain and the Green Knight.

Hound of the Baskervilles.

Heck, I'd go for a StickTales Les Misérables, personally. :smallbiggrin:

Kish
2012-01-23, 09:45 PM
Maybe it's because we already have a convenient abbreviation for V, whereas referring to Inkyrius as "I" would only confuse people.
Been done.

I remember one person (can't remember who, though) posting "I think V and I are a gay couple."

Dragon Star
2012-01-23, 09:46 PM
...Wow that sold out fast. Hmm, considering that three people were willing to pay $1000 in ?48? hours, it might be a good idea for the Giant to add a few more slots. It would mean more story for us. We already have 24-36 extra pages, that's like three months worth of comics! :smallbiggrin: And if three or four more people were able to buy it... *drools*

LtNOWIS
2012-01-23, 10:19 PM
Call me crazy, but I've always been interested in the "most awesome pickpockets in the ENTIRE WORLD (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0649.html)." Getting all those diamonds could drastically improve their lives, or end up ruining them.

Douglas
2012-01-23, 10:21 PM
...Wow that sold out fast. Hmm, considering that three people were willing to pay $1000 in ?48? hours, it might be a good idea for the Giant to add a few more slots. It would mean more story for us. We already have 24-36 extra pages, that's like three months worth of comics! :smallbiggrin: And if three or four more people were able to buy it... *drools*
Problem is, at some point it would turn into extra side stories instead of the main comic, and I don't think most people want that. There's only so much work The Giant can do in any given time period.

I'm all for adding more high priced rewards, but they should be things that don't require much time for Rich to fulfill. Otherwise too many of them would result in delaying the main comic.

MoonCat
2012-01-24, 12:35 AM
I'll be monitoring this thread and the Kickstarter page for updates on new rewards. I've got $65-80 dollars with this project's name on it, and I'm pretty sure my sister would love a signed book for her birthday.

You can change the amount you donate after you've pledged. Also, this kinda is more something for the main thread, right?

Flame of Anor
2012-01-24, 01:10 AM
I remember one person (can't remember who, though) posting "I think V and I are a gay couple."

That is super-hilarious. I think it's so funny that I went and found it!

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0428.html
We may have been given hints since the beginning, but I'm pretty sure the giant would not have given any useful information - if he could help it. Throwing Inkyrius into the mix was just another poke at the sore that has tormented us since the beginning. Right? Well if you were the giant, and you were trying to get the most of this running gag, and (assuming you would some-day reveal the truth) wanted to kick it up a notch? Maybe you'd even go out of your way to trick the readers again. I think that this gives us an opportunity to think outside the box, and maybe not fall for the trick.
I think V and I are a gay couple O_O.
I'm guessing... male :smallbiggrin:

The Unborne
2012-01-24, 09:09 AM
A Day in the Life of Hobgoblin Warrior from Strip #433, Panel 3?

Kobold-Bard
2012-01-24, 09:14 AM
So we know WampaX bought one story, and that it's someone either quite minor or from long ago as he said he'd have to recheck to make sure the Giant does the right person.

Any thoughts?

RMS Oceanic
2012-01-24, 09:42 AM
If I had bought all three, they would have been (possible print-only spoilers)

1. Righteye's Daughter
2. Kraagor
3. A StickTales'd version of Sherlock Holmes in The Adventure of the Speckled Band.

Kish
2012-01-24, 09:44 AM
I think there is an excellent chance that your #1 would have gotten the answer, "Character hasn't appeared in the story, no can do," or, more overtly, "That would spoiler things I'm not willing to spoiler, choose another."

RMS Oceanic
2012-01-24, 09:50 AM
I think there is an excellent chance that your #1 would have gotten the answer, "Character hasn't appeared in the story, no can do," or, more overtly, "That would spoiler things I'm not willing to spoiler, choose another."

Technically that character did appear in the story. It's just a question of whether the print-only parts count. In any case, if my choice was declined, I would instead opt for Pompey, ideally what he got up to after springing Leekey.

Bedinsis
2012-01-24, 10:09 AM
Well I for one would be interested in Therkla. 8-12 pages ought to be enough to cover a mission to assassinate a Kubota rival or something. It would be interesting to see what her character is like when she doesn't harbour romantic intentions towards her enemies.

Then again, the Giant would be free to chose, so maybe we'd get more pages of her interacting with Elan. Oh well, too late to ponder about.

Ksheep
2012-01-25, 09:18 PM
Further character stories I'd like to see:

The Snail (of Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales)
The sword that Elan found in the treasure pile which should probably be identified (Dragon Magazine #339)
Qarr, or possibly his gigantic friend
Either Ganonron, Haerta Bloodsoak, or Jephton the Unholy (the trio of magic users soul-spliced onto V)

TDG
2012-01-25, 09:46 PM
I'd love to see some of the characters who changed personality due to their encounter with the Order who's stories have wrapped up already just to see how they're living now

For example - the Cleric of Loki (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html) who popped his kill cherry with Belkar and Eagle Eye, The Weary Travelers' innkeeper (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0250.html) who is hopefully back up on his feet after his business was destroyed by the assassins and the Order or the rookie cop from Cliffport (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0361.html) who had responsability thrust upon him with the swing of Nale's sword

Porthos
2012-01-25, 09:57 PM
I'd love to see some of the characters who changed personality due to their encounter with the Order who's stories have wrapped up already just to see how they're living now

For example - the Cleric of Loki (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html) who popped his kill cherry with Belkar and Eagle Eye, The Weary Travelers' innkeeper (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0250.html) who is hopefully back up on his feet after his business was destroyed by the assassins and the Order or the rookie cop from Cliffport (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0361.html) who had responsability thrust upon him with the swing of Nale's sword

Seeing your sigbanner made me realize who I should have chosen if I had done it.

If I was going to do it, I probably would have gone with The Oracle of the Sunken Valley, coz dude is hilarious.

But an evil thought crossed my mind:

Having a 8-12 page story about Popcorn (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0301.html), or maybe one of the other Tiny Refreshing Gods.

I loved loved loved that strip when it came out, and as I think about it, I would pay serious coin to see more of their adventures.

Mind, I don't know 'bout everyone else. But I'd be entertained. :smalltongue:

Anarion
2012-01-25, 10:01 PM
I'd like to know the story of the modron that works in Pandemonium. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0646.html)

How did he get there? What does he do during his breaks? And did he or did he not have a sordid love affair with (1.67x10^15)S?

Jaros
2012-01-25, 10:11 PM

Ooooh, Cleric of Loki would be a nice one, I always had a soft spot for him or some reason.

Surprised Enor and Gannji haven't been mentioned, they just struck a chord with me, especially after their fight scene.

Gamgee
2012-01-25, 11:09 PM
The Dirt Farmers! DOOO EEET!!!! :smallcool:

Ashtar
2012-01-26, 05:31 AM
I would love a story about Sangwaan.

Agnostik
2012-01-26, 09:02 AM
I'd like to learn Hank's backstory. I fully realize that I'm probably the only one... :smalltongue:

Elder Tsofu
2012-01-26, 02:06 PM
I'd like to learn Hank's backstory. I fully realize that I'm probably the only one... :smalltongue:

Nope, that would be quite fun. :smallsmile:

Fitzclowningham
2012-01-26, 04:02 PM
Elan's mom.

Castamir
2012-01-26, 04:04 PM
Note that the Giant is already damn overwhelmed -- the PDF grew to a full-sized book, and it won't draw itself. So I doubt more slots will be added, even at 1.25k a pop.

But for the cool folks who shelled the dough for those three, here are my suggestions:
Tsukiko
Tsukiko
Tsukiko

Kobold-Bard
2012-01-26, 04:07 PM
Note that the Giant is already damn overwhelmed -- the PDF grew to a full-sized book, and it won't draw itself. So I doubt more slots will be added, even at 1.25k a pop.

But for the cool folks who shelled the dough for those three, here are my suggestions:
Tsukiko
Tsukiko
Tsukiko

.....I like the cut of your jib Castamir. You get the Kobold-Bard seal of approval*.

*The Kobold-Bard seal of approval is not an official award and has no monetary or professional value. Adding it to your business cards is not recommended

Gift Jeraff
2012-01-26, 04:27 PM
I wonder if all the other PDF stories will be greyscale. Perhaps reuse Azure-o-vision if it's about an Azurite? Greenscale if it's about Thog? Redscale if it's about the Virtual Boy?

headhoncho
2012-01-26, 04:31 PM
I think Mr. Scruffy on the origin story would be simply amazing.

StickTales Pride & Prejudice would be a scream as well, IMO.

olthar
2012-01-26, 04:43 PM
If I'd gotten it I think I'd go with the snail. There is still lots of room for humor there. Or maybe, instead of the snail, the dwarf and his shadowdancer friend or Gortuk the destroyer.

snikrept
2012-01-26, 04:50 PM
I forgot all about the guy with the halberd. Fun.

Guy with the halberd probably turned out to be the spy:smallbiggrin:

Ksheep
2012-01-26, 04:51 PM
For Sticktales, how about Around the World in 80 Days: Travel around in various vehicles etc. only to have a wizard hop to each of the cities visited via Teleport (and similar spells) in 80 seconds.

DoctorIllithid
2012-01-26, 05:34 PM
I'm surprised no one mentioned the CPPD Police Chief. Or maybe they did and I didn't see it.

Aside from him, I'd pay good money (if I had it) for the Hobgoblin General, Jirix, or anyone from Tarquin's party. A short story about those two lawyers (who's names I'll never remember) would be enjoyable as well.

In the end, whatever characters get picked, the stories are going to be awesome and I'll enjoy them anyway.

homersolo
2012-01-26, 05:42 PM
The one that I would really like to see is a more complete story of The Dark One. His story was generally told in SOD, but so much more could be done with his story, especially his rise.

The other obvious ones that I like are Tarquin's party, Mr. Scruffy, and Qarr. And Hylga.

ti'esar
2012-01-26, 05:46 PM
The one that I would really like to see is a more complete story of The Dark One. His story was generally told in SOD, but so much more could be done with his story, especially his rise.

Given all the speculation that there may be more to the Dark One's story then he's telling Redcloak, I wouldn't hold out my hopes for this.

What has Rich said on the issue of these background stories possibly having spoilers, if anything?

rman
2012-01-26, 11:26 PM
What has Rich said on the issue of these background stories possibly having spoilers, if anything?

The stories would be minor. So if the Dark One gets a story, he is likely to be playing poker with a Thor and a couple of Frost Giants.

turkishproverb
2012-01-26, 11:28 PM
Guy with the halberd probably turned out to be the spy:smallbiggrin:

Really? I'm hoping he and the guy with the cape got to go on adventures. :smallsmile:

Caractacus
2012-01-27, 06:56 AM
Enor and Gannji for me. Definitely.

Ellye
2012-01-27, 07:23 AM
Personally, I'd be most curious for the backstory of Haera Bloodsoak, the epic necromancer that was soul spliced on V.

More specifically, I'm curious to know why she created Familicide. I still have the feeling that she might have casted it on herself.

MReav
2012-01-27, 10:07 AM
I'd like to see something with Sir Francois (the Paladin Elan used to ride around with) or those two dudes Durkon nearly recruited in On the Origin of PCs.

Flame of Anor
2012-01-27, 11:40 PM
I'd like to see something with Sir Francois (the Paladin Elan used to ride around with)

Definitely. It would be hilarious to see Elan messing him up, and the poor guy trying to keep his temper.

squidbreath
2012-01-28, 03:35 AM
1. Haerta (Why familicide?)
2. Tarquin's Party
3. Kyrie <3
4. Aunt Judy
5. The Pirates of Penzance

Adanedhel
2012-01-28, 03:56 AM
1 The Dark One
2 Kyrie
3 Redcoaks old mentor, the previous bearer of the Crimson Mantle

ella ventic
2012-01-28, 09:46 AM
5. The Pirates of Penzance

You read my mind. Scoundrél for Pirate King!

ArtosSwiftblade
2012-01-30, 05:05 PM
My 3, if I had that many dollars ( :D )

1. The Snips Snail, and his rise to power.
2. Fruit Pie the Sorceror
3. Z (it would probably not be text-heavy) :P

JustIgnoreMe
2012-01-30, 05:40 PM
You read my mind. Scoundrél for Pirate King!
That would be awesome! But Pirates of Penzance is a little more recent than Hamlet or Jack and the Beanstalk, I'm not sure if it's still in copyright.

=edit= I appear to be wrong in my assumption, it looks like all G&S is in the public domain.

Weimann
2012-01-30, 06:29 PM
If I had pledged one of those, I'd have requested one of these:

¤ The most awesome pickpockets in the ENTIRE WORLD. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0649.html)
¤ Hilgya Firehelm. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0084.html)
¤ The Oracle of Sunken Valley

FlawedParadigm
2012-01-30, 10:42 PM
My picks, in no particular order:
Oracle
Tarquin
Miko

Oracle just seems like any more details about a character that knows so much would have to be interesting. Plus, there's the off chance it might involve what Xykon was going there to learn. On the slight chance that it'd be impossible to tell much about him without spoiling things and still make an interesting story, I'm sure that Tsukiko must have interesting origins too. I sort of feel like she was introduced just to act as someone Haley could actively oppose during the split since she'd have gotten creamed by Xykon or Redcloak, so having some more depth for her would be cool.

Tarquin's just flat-out interesting. He's got style, savvy, a parental tie to a main and a major recurring character, and lots of interesting associates. There's got to be a dozen or so stories to tell about him.

Miko is someone who - as much as I hated, hated, hated her at the time she was alive - I would like to understand better. How she became so myopic and judgmental. I think like Redcloak that if I knew more of her full story, I might become much more sympathetic towards her. Maybe not everything was as much her fault as it seemed, y'know?

MReav
2012-01-31, 10:34 PM
Definitely. It would be hilarious to see Elan messing him up, and the poor guy trying to keep his temper.

BOOYAH!!! We got ours!

Flame of Anor
2012-01-31, 10:38 PM
BOOYAH!!! We got ours!

I know, right? :biggrin: Huzzah!

TaRix
2012-02-01, 02:50 AM
I'd be curious about Horace Greenhilt's dashing rescue of Princess Damsel from the green dragon of Greendragonsville (and possibly the red dragon from Greendragonsville.) At least one character thought it inspiring.

M.A.D
2012-02-01, 01:49 PM
We are now technically north of 350k. I wonder if the Giant had come up with something for the next purple line...

ScubaGoomba
2012-02-01, 02:52 PM
I'd be curious to see a story about Eric Greenhilt, personally.

Gift Jeraff
2012-02-02, 01:27 AM
An anti-mammalian StickTale narrated by Blackwing, titled Planet of the Aves.

Tannhaeuser
2012-02-02, 03:01 AM
An anti-mammalian StickTale narrated by Blackwing, titled Planet of the Aves.

Interretia vincis.

gooddragon1
2012-02-02, 03:00 PM
I think an additional bonus background story should be included if the number of donators exceeds 9000.

Flame of Anor
2012-02-02, 05:40 PM
I think an additional bonus background story should be included if the number of donators exceeds 9000.

:roy: "VAARSUVIUS!! What does the Arcane Sight say about his highest-level remaining spell or spell-like ability?"

:vaarsuvius: "IT'S OVER NINE THLEVEEEELLLLL"