PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted] Infernal Idea: Radiolari Borg King

Leliel
2012-01-22, 11:47 PM
Well, more like Radiolari Seven of Nine, but he wants to be the Borg Monarch if he can convince Xhochechim that Chaya needs to be the dominant culture of Creation to better fulfill their programming.

In any case, I have always wanted to play a member of a pseudo-hive mind with an independent consciousness, but still utterly loyal to it-he was perfectly happy before he became an "I", why should he view assimilation into a superorganism without conflict or loneliness as a bad thing? Of course, the whole "complete radiolari destruction upon Exaltation" is a bit of a crimp in that idea...

...Until recently, at which point I realized that good ol' SWLiHN would probably be in complete agreement over the idea of complete assimilation into Chaya (she just has issues with the "valuing democracy and freedom" thing they have), so I decided, why not show how Exaltation under her watch can prove the central principle of natural selection: Whatever Species Survives, Thrives And Evolves.

So, here's the pitch: Typical Chayan monk, who when faced with a chance to be heroic, crapped his robes and ran, right? Demon approached him, made the offer, he accepts and is absorbed into the Chrysalis to be reborn.

Except that, unsurprisingly for a Chayan, he has a Pyrian Urge. That wouldn't be so odd, except the stoic-but-not-emotionless nature of the Principle of Hierarchy, combined with her order-enforcing Essence, allowed his bloodstream radiolari to not only survive the transition, but use the newfound larval Primordial body they lived in as a supercomputer for their intravenous network, giving them the intelligence of a radiolari god...and the attendant personality, represented by a modified Past Life. Any increase in dots is them upgrading their collective to be smarter and more willful, and drawing upon it represents our would-be Borg King using them to run massive amounts of simulations and tests that show him the optimum action, at the cost of their programming occasionally hacking his mind and ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Naturally, he sees this as a blessing and a way for him to better serve Chaya, by spreading their obviously well-run and harmonious culture beyond the infested lands. Naturally, this will involve currently impossible assimilation, but he's Pyrian-mad science in the name of order is what he does.

So, like the idea? How would you show that the Collective is the one in control, and not rely on "Pyrian Torment, but not really" emotionless conviction? Suggestions for what the Chaya King's schemes to spread the glory of the radiolari everywhere would be?