PDA

View Full Version : Undead control limit for communication

u-b
2012-01-23, 03:59 AM
Suppose, there is an evil cleric, that can control undead up to a certain limit.

A commanded undead creature is under the mental control of the evil cleric. The cleric must take a standard action to give mental orders to a commanded undead. At any one time, the cleric may command any number of undead whose total Hit Dice do not exceed his level. He may voluntarily relinquish command on any commanded undead creature or creatures in order to command new ones.
So, does said evil cleric know exact HD currently under control? If so, this would allow for some instant (?) inter-planar (?) messaging, of up to several bits, like "If this happens, destroy this cat skeleton, and if that happens, destroy that bat skeleton and I would know that." Or, in reverse direction, "When you see this dog skeleton in this cage is no longer standing on his hind legs, break the seal and execute orders." Possible?

Major_Muffin
2012-01-23, 05:34 AM
Thats a great idea. I think it should work. Now I know what im playing in the next campaign. Also, Im pretty sure you could program like that. If this, then that. Have a whole army of undead working like a computer. LOL

Ashtagon
2012-01-23, 05:38 AM
I'd normally rule that complex conditional orders are beyond the scope of commanding the undead. Only direct orders will work. And there is nothing in the rule that says the undead can relay information back to the controlling character, which also limits the scope.