PDA

View Full Version : Which 13 maneuvers should a THF Warblade have at level 20?

danzibr
2012-01-23, 11:50 AM
I was making a Warblade the other day and I was trying to figure out which Maneuvers to switch out at even levels and I realized I was going about it the wrong way. Specifically, I wasn't keeping my goal in mind, what to have at level 20.

To give some background, my guy is going DM, IH, WR and TC (so no SD excepting it's level 9), and is going for the charger build. Right now I'm thinking (not really in a specific order):

1) Moment of Perfect Mind
2) Sudden Leap
3) Mountain Tombstone Strike
4) Wall of Blades
5) White Raven Tactics
6) Iron Heart Surge
7) Bounding Assault
8) Pouncing Charge
9) Swooping Dragon Strike
10) Adamantite Hurricane
11) White Raven Hammer
12) Strike of Perfect Clarity
13) Time Stands Still

Any of these seem crappy and should be switched out for better?

Snowbluff
2012-01-23, 12:47 PM
Emerald Razor instead of Mountain Tombstone Strike would be good. Power Attack on Zwiehanders is good, and MTS extra damage can't crit.

EDIT: Not really ruled, but learning to dip from a Spirit Totem Barbarian dip would be better than filling a slot with Pouncing Charge. Then take a White Raven charging Mave (one that deals + damage) which do a poor job clarifying whether or not you can Pounce and get the extra damage to each hit (It doesn't you can't Pounce, and Pounce says it should work, but the Mave say 'attack'). I'd say yes.

EDITDELLAEDIT: A single level dip won't hurt Mave progression or Maves Known.

EDITTOENDALLEDITS: You will lose a Mave Readied, but that Mave Readied would had Pouncing Charging in it anyway.

Greenish
2012-01-23, 01:11 PM
Emerald Razor instead of Mountain Tombstone Strike would be good. Power Attack on Zwiehanders is good, and MTS extra damage can't crit.Emerald Razor only allows for a single attack, with no bonus damage (beyond BAB). It's good, but at level 20?

Mountain Tombstone Strike's damage doesn't get multiplied on a crit, but 2d6 no-save Con damage is still pretty sweet.

EDIT: Not really ruled, but learning to dip from a Spirit Totem Barbarian dip would be better than filling a slot with Pouncing Charge. Then take a White Raven charging Mave (one that deals + damage) which do a poor job clarifying whether or not you can Pounce and get the extra damage to each hit (It doesn't you can't Pounce, and Pounce says it should work, but the Mave say 'attack'). I'd say yes.Since he's building for level 20, barbarian dip isn't so obvious a choice, since he'd lose warblade capstone.

EDITDELLAEDIT: A single level dip won't hurt Mave progression or Maves Known.Yes, it does. It sets both of those a level behind.