PDA

View Full Version : Crusader Help!

McClintock
2012-01-23, 01:49 PM
So I am going to be a campaign soon where I am interested in playing a crusader. I have looked for a handbook, and unless i am missing it, my search is not turning one up. Which brings me to my question:

Which way to go?

I want to stay Crusader all the way through (I think).

The rest of the party will most likely include a bard/virtuoso/sublime cord, halfing cleric/wizard/MT, a rogue of some kind, and a fifth as yet undetermined.

I will be the primary damage dealer in melee, and all around hit me first guy.

I want to be the quintessential crusader. as in "My GOD is the best BECAUSE XYZ, and if you disagree I shall intro you to my BIG HEAVY WEAPON. PS, spread the word."

Eberron and Dragon Magazine stuff is out, but almost anything else is fair game. I just may need to track down the book.

suggestions? Directions to look for help? Links to handbooks?

Thanks in advance.

Slipperychicken
2012-01-23, 01:58 PM
Your google-fu is weak. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181655) Searching "Crusader Handbook", or "3.5 Crusader Handbook" gets this as the first result.

McClintock
2012-01-23, 02:00 PM
Thank you, I searched 10x last 2 days on this forum for that link and it never came up.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

PS: IS there a good god like pazzuzu that you can summon by using his name 3x?

Slipperychicken
2012-01-23, 02:11 PM
Thank you, I searched 10x last 2 days on this forum for that link and it never came up.

There's the problem right there. Using real search engines (i.e. Google) gets you results both inside and outside of these forums. The forum's own search function has never treated me very well, so I avoid it whenever possible.

McClintock
2012-01-23, 06:40 PM
just got home from work, thanks again.

And good to know about the search feature

The Dark Fiddler
2012-01-23, 08:07 PM
You shouldn't worry too much; crusader is one of those classes that, as long as you know the game, is incredibly difficult to mess up.

Mari01
2012-01-23, 09:19 PM
I'm currently in your shoes right now. Trying to decide what school I want to focus on. Devoted Spirit is so tempting :smalltongue:

Darrin
2012-01-24, 07:57 AM
I want to stay Crusader all the way through (I think).

Crusader doesn't really get a decent capstone (other that Steely Resolve 30... meh), and it gets new stances at some very wonky levels, so it's often worth a 2-level dip to pick up something.

If you're going with a trip/lockdown build, Wolf Totem Barbarian 2 is awesomesauce.

Knight 4 gives you a way to draw aggro, although with only 4 levels of Knight the save DC can be pretty underwhelming.

Paladin 4 gets you into Ruby Knight Vindicator, which is one of the more powerful "gish"-type PrCs in the game.

I want to be the quintessential crusader. as in "My GOD is the best BECAUSE XYZ, and if you disagree I shall intro you to my BIG HEAVY WEAPON. PS, spread the word."

I'm a big fan of greatsword + Aura of Chaos. Add a little PsyWar or Warmind for some expansion.

NOhara24
2012-01-24, 08:14 AM
Paladin 4 gets you into Ruby Knight Vindicator, which is one of the more powerful "gish"-type PrCs in the game.

This. Take Battle Blessing, and upon reaching RKV 7, you gain Divine Impetus. Divine Impetus lets you exchange Turn Undead attempts for additonal swift actions in a turn. Battle Blessing lets you cast all your paladin spells as swift actions. I will say no more. :smallbiggrin: