PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else want to see a Tsukiko Afterlife Strip or two?

silvadel
2012-01-23, 03:11 PM
Beyond the possibility of her telling and if they have any interest.... Just the whole little life backstory from the other side // interrogator or whatever you would call the admissions officer of the evil side planes.

t209
2012-01-23, 03:12 PM
It would be cooler if she sings this song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

Occasional Sage
2012-01-23, 03:24 PM
Well, you can request that mini-arc if you were one of the large Kickstarters. I've always viewed Tsukiko as primarily comic relief, though, and her comedic value was largely tapped out for me.

Fish
2012-01-23, 03:44 PM
If she's Chaotic Evil, we may see her in the afterlife with erstwhile cell mate Belkar.

And a whopping great pile of black dragons.

The Pilgrim
2012-01-23, 05:48 PM
Say hi! to the Abyss for me, Tsukiko.

NerfTW
2012-01-23, 06:03 PM
Maybe not a whole strip, but I would love to see a panel or two for one last joke.

Except that it would sort of ruin the fact that she did just die in a very horrible fashion that will likely leave her very, very mentally scarred as a spirit. Keep in mind she did just die being devoured by what she considers her children. I really would rather not see her reaction to this.

Callos_DeTerran
2012-01-23, 07:48 PM
Come to think of it, I'm not sure Redcloak really made a smart decision here...Tsukiko was betrayed by beings she loved, her body was desecrated, and the primary factor of her death was level drain.

That's a recipe for several kinds of undead spontaneously animating, but primarily ghosts and incorporeal undead.

With the wights set to kills and eat one another and Redcloak leaving (depending on how long it'd actually take for spontaneous reanimation), he wouldn't know if Tsukiko returned from the grave or not. But the potential exists.

...I doubt it will happen though, which is a shame, cause I liked Tsukiko way more then I like Redcloak. Especially now, not even for the Tsukiko murder but for his Smug Snake claims that he controls Xykon.

I mean really, Xykon has charisma, flair, a great deal more sadism, and is the primary villain of the leader of the heroes. Seeing how Elan's belief in dramatics have been proven correct on multiple occasions, it's just insulting to see Redcloak missing the signs and thinking he could possibly do better.

silvadel
2012-01-23, 09:33 PM
I see an ebony desk with red trim with a demon behind it laughing at her -- You actually thought the undead LIKED you? Really? Really Sincerely? Hey Mort -- this poor soul actually thought undead were her friends!

shadowkiller
2012-01-23, 10:19 PM
Unless the IFCC takes an interest in her I don't think we will be seeing her again.

skaddix
2012-01-23, 10:43 PM
Unless the IFCC takes an interest in her I don't think we will be seeing her again.

They probably will.

It would be cool to see the Evil Afterlives since we already saw what Good looks like. Although Belkar is going to be dead soon enough so we don't need her for that.

zimmerwald1915
2012-01-23, 10:47 PM
They probably will.

It would be cool to see the Evil Afterlives since we already saw what Good looks like. Although Belkar is going to be dead soon enough so we don't need her for that.
We know what at least one of the Evil planes looks like, at least in terms of landscape. As for who "lives" there or what is done there...that we may need to be shown. Or have implied off-panel.

skaddix
2012-01-23, 11:26 PM
We know what at least one of the Evil planes looks like, at least in terms of landscape. As for who "lives" there or what is done there...that we may need to be shown. Or have implied off-panel.

Sorry, I as more talking about the sorting process.

Lord Seth
2012-01-23, 11:36 PM
It would be cool to see the Evil Afterlives since we already saw what Good looks like.Well, we did get to hear Jirix's description of the afterlife of Goblins who served the Dark One.

Personally I'd like to see something more of Tsukiko, as her death will feel kind of anticlimactic if there isn't some kind of follow-up.

ti'esar
2012-01-23, 11:37 PM
There's most certainly going to be some kind of a fall-out from this. But I don't think we'll be seeing Tsukiko herself again, except perhaps in flashbacks or something.

factotum
2012-01-24, 02:42 AM
No. No, I don't. Tsukiko was never a very interesting character, IMHO, and given her alignment she'll probably end up as a mindless Lemure anyway...

SpaceBadger
2012-01-24, 05:50 PM
Your thread title made me LOL, as I'm sure there are some Tsukiko-fanboys who would love to see just that. :smallwink:

SaintRidley
2012-01-24, 06:01 PM
I mean really, Xykon has charisma, flair, a great deal more sadism, and is the primary villain of the leader of the heroes. Seeing how Elan's belief in dramatics have been proven correct on multiple occasions, it's just insulting to see Redcloak missing the signs and thinking he could possibly do better.

Please see Start of Darkness to understand why Redcloak needs to believe he is in charge.

Also for why he's not exactly all lackey material.

Hint:Without Redcloak to make him a lich in the first place, Xykon would have died weaker than a Commoner at Lirian's Gate. Redcloak knows the score, but he's had thirty years to set the wheels in motion around Xykon and figure a way around what he did that day while still achieving his goal.

Dr.Epic
2012-01-24, 11:14 PM
Not really. I didn't like her that much.

ThePhantasm
2012-01-25, 06:40 AM
I'm with Dr. Epic. I kinda hope she is dead for good. She served her purpose of revealing Redcloak's plan to the General Audience (who hasn't read SoD) and increasing the current tension between Xykon and Redcloak.

Eerie
2012-01-25, 07:03 AM
Tsukiko and Miko, sitting in a tree...

faustin
2012-01-25, 08:46 AM
Question: was Tsukiko´s alignment LE, NE or CE?

Alias
2012-01-25, 11:25 AM
Tsukiko and Miko, sitting in a tree...

Slash slash slash slash slash rendee

Kish
2012-01-25, 12:22 PM
Question: was Tsukiko´s alignment LE, NE or CE?
We will probably never know.

silvadel
2012-01-25, 12:24 PM
Ok -- if they made a cerberus out of Miko and Tsukiko -- who would they make the third head?

Kish
2012-01-25, 12:25 PM
Therkla.

One good, one neutral, one evil.

Bastian Weaver
2012-01-25, 01:19 PM
I'd like to see a strip of that, if it's about Belkar arriving and saying "Oh, hehe, isn't that cool - a hot babe in skimpy outfit is already here to greet ol' Belkster!", and she's like "Eww, get away from me, you filthy maniac!", and he's all "Oh come on, I'm a dead sexy shoeless god of war - you must like me!"

Alex Warlorn
2012-01-25, 02:06 PM
Beyond the possibility of her telling and if they have any interest.... Just the whole little life backstory from the other side // interrogator or whatever you would call the admissions officer of the evil side planes.

I know I'd read those strips with interest.

Heksefatter
2012-01-25, 05:45 PM
Not really. I didn't like her that much.

I'm with Dr. Epic. I kinda hope she is dead for good. She served her purpose of revealing Redcloak's plan to the General Audience (who hasn't read SoD) and increasing the current tension between Xykon and Redcloak.

Me three. I don't regard her as a bad character or anything, but not one of the more interesting ones. A mid-level villain(ess), also speaking from a dramatic point of view.

Zigg'rrauglurr
2012-01-26, 08:05 AM
I'd like to see a strip of that, if it's about Belkar arriving and saying "Oh, hehe, isn't that cool - a hot babe in skimpy outfit is already here to greet ol' Belkster!", and she's like "Eww, get away from me, you filthy maniac!", and he's all "Oh come on, I'm a dead sexy shoeless god of war - you must like me!"

Now that's what I call entertainment

Fish
2012-01-26, 11:41 AM
I'd guess she's NE. Aren't most undead listed that way? Makes sense.

Psyren
2012-01-26, 11:49 AM
I think this is a terrible idea, and I already said why:

As for "Tsukiko in the afterlife," what would the point be of that? Like Miko, she's already had her worst possible punishment, i.e. learning just how wrong she's been about her core philosophy her entire life. What could a legion of fiends do to top that? Letting her stew with the knowledge is all the punishment they need.

The only possible reason to show her in the afterlife would be if, as someone suggested, she gets recruited by the IFCC. And if they have epic-level casters at their beck and call, I can't fathom why they'd be interested in her.

(Though they may need a necromancer since Haerta jumped ship and is roaming around in the world.)

zimmerwald1915
2012-01-26, 12:50 PM
(Though they may need a necromancer since Haerta jumped ship and is roaming around in the world.)
Not sure where the idea comes from that Haerta could roam the world for long. The archfiend with the purple speech bubble (I can never keep them straight in my head) was fairly nonchalant about sending someone to collect her soul, as though it was fairly routine and easily accomplished. The archfiend with the yellow speech bubble mentioned that she couldn't cast without a mortal host, which implies that she wouldn't be very able to resist the soul-collector when it came a-calling.

Ravian
2012-01-26, 01:11 PM
Now that I think about it, would it be all that difficult for Haertra to bond with another host? I can't imagine that an epic level necromancer would be keen to return to the abyss, and Soul Splices don't seem to be as unique as the IFCC claimed, Redcloak recognized them as such. All I'm saying is could a sufficiently powerful mage find Haertra and strike a bargain with her? They can be detected by spirits and true seeing, and Haley could sort of hear them whispering in V's ear, so it's not that implausible.

Really all three are running loose until a fiend finds them, but I just feel that Haertra escaping first seems like it could be a bigger plot point that showcasing a temporary lapse of Will for V and removing a few gamebreakers (Disjunction) from the Xykon battle.

ThePhantasm
2012-01-26, 01:14 PM
From "OOTS forum recurring theories 101":

<insert character> dies, gets recruited in Afterlife by IFCC.

Fish
2012-01-26, 01:28 PM
... I just feel that Haertra escaping first seems like it could be a bigger plot point that showcasing a temporary lapse of Will for V and removing a few gamebreakers (Disjunction) from the Xykon battle.
The plot point may be that Cedric only gets 3 minutes of Vaarsuvius's time.

ti'esar
2012-01-26, 05:09 PM
The plot point may be that Cedric only gets 3 minutes of Vaarsuvius's time.

Why exactly would that be much of a plot point? The IFCC Directors seem to be largely interchangeable.

Fish
2012-01-26, 05:52 PM
I have no idea what that must be the point of it; it's only that, after a certain point in the narrative, it's time for Chekov to stop putting guns on the wall, and start taking them down and shooting them. I find it more likely that Rich removed Tsukiko here as a payoff, not a setup.

Xzenu
2012-01-31, 08:23 PM
I for one want to know whether she'll get to tell Rat about the Dark One's plan for the Snarl. :-D

Psyren
2012-01-31, 08:40 PM
Not sure where the idea comes from that Haerta could roam the world for long. The archfiend with the purple speech bubble (I can never keep them straight in my head) was fairly nonchalant about sending someone to collect her soul, as though it was fairly routine and easily accomplished. The archfiend with the yellow speech bubble mentioned that she couldn't cast without a mortal host, which implies that she wouldn't be very able to resist the soul-collector when it came a-calling.

Those two lines sound more to me like Haerta will end up with a host, and wreak some havoc. (The most popular theorized candidates were Julia and Tsukiko, but now we're down one.)

Also, the fiends are nonchalant about everything, including getting on a conference call wiith Tiamat, Tiamat, Tiamat and Tiamat. That's not necessarily an indication that a given plot-thread is a non-starter.

I for one want to know whether she'll get to tell Rat about the Dark One's plan for the Snarl. :-D

Assuming Rat doesn't already know (and/or Loki.)

Kish
2012-01-31, 09:03 PM
I'm more curious about whether Rat's reply would be, "Yes, I know," and possibly, "Why did you think I didn't answer your prayers? You were endangering my ally's plan for a ridiculous crush on a walking corpse," m'self.

But I don't expect Rich to be tipping his hand on either just yet, unless the answer to both is an unambiguous "no."

Also, the fiends are nonchalant about everything, including getting on a conference call wiith Tiamat, Tiamat, Tiamat and Tiamat.
You left out Tiamat.

Bulldog Psion
2012-01-31, 09:57 PM
To answer the OP:

No, I do not want to see it. After the Redcloak scene, it would be horribly anticlimactic -- talk about taking the wind out of the sails of a dramatic scene.

And it might well be depressing as well.

I think for the moment at least she's served her purpose. Let her lie, we don't need to bring back every character immediately after they perish and rehash their life ad nauseum, for no discernible plot or story reason.

AlexanderRM
2012-01-31, 11:45 PM
I have no idea what that must be the point of it; it's only that, after a certain point in the narrative, it's time for Chekov to stop putting guns on the wall, and start taking them down and shooting them. I find it more likely that Rich removed Tsukiko here as a payoff, not a setup.

I just had this image of taking the Chekov's Gun thing literally and I... then had this whole Skype convo, mostly on figuring out how that could work... I'll just post it here.

[11:24:22 PM] Alex (me): "I have no idea what that must be the point of it; it's only that, after a certain point in the narrative, it's time for Chekov to stop putting guns on the wall, and start taking them down and shooting them."
[11:24:36 PM] Elizabeth: LOL
[11:25:03 PM] Alex: I like the image of this whole row of guns that has been placed on the wall over the course of the play/movie/show and then sometime the character suddently starts taking them down and shooting them, one at a time.
[11:25:21 PM] Alex: No logical reason for that to happen, but...
[11:25:32 PM] Elizabeth: HEEEEEE>
[11:25:54 PM] Alex: I suppose it could be set in the past before multi-shot guns were invented? and the char has really bad aim or a bullet-resistant target, which they're been planning for.
[11:26:14 PM] Elizabeth: lol. yeah. that could work.
[11:26:51 PM] Alex: Or they have 10 different types of Depleted Phlebotnium (special material) bullets, and are going through them to see which one works. Doesn't seem quite the same, with the image of them placing the guns there one at a time over the course of the play/movie/series, though.
[11:27:22 PM] Elizabeth: mm, I like that second one better.
[11:27:35 PM] Alex: Maybe they could be a martial arts/weapon skill/whatnot character who just accumulated a collection of weapons and is grabbing and using them one after another, mostly for the awesome factor?
[11:28:01 PM] Elizabeth: suppose so.
[11:28:19 PM] Alex: I'm imagining this character just walking along their wall-mounted weapon collection, grabbing them and throwing them at somebody one after another. :)
[11:28:23 PM] Alex: That sounds about right.
[11:28:32 PM] Elizabeth: ooh, or a bad guy who destroys any weapon used on him, so you just get a LOT of weapons and get one hit in with each.
[11:29:36 PM] Alex: Yeah, I was thinking something along those lines. Just easier to picture with throwing them at him (so they can walk along the wall that way)
[11:30:21 PM] Alex: Hum. Doesn't seem quite right for putting them there one at a time rather than just getting a whole stock. I like the image of just sorta having them for... variety, in a way.

The main problem seems to be getting a reason why they would be putting them up there one at a time, giving some degree of significance to them, rather than just getting a whole stockpile of weapons. Anyone have any suggestions for this? :smalltongue:

Also, if anyone does respond to this the topic should probably be split. Not intending it to be much of a serious discussion, though... and not really OotS-related.

Themrys
2012-02-01, 06:22 AM
A Tsukiko Afterlife Strip would be interesting, but I'd be more interested in what happens to Miko in afterlife.

ThePhantasm
2012-02-01, 08:22 AM
A Tsukiko Afterlife Strip would be interesting, but I'd be more interested in what happens to Miko in afterlife.

Miko's story had such a great ending though. I feel like seeing her in the afterlife would cheapen it.

Psyren
2012-02-01, 09:35 AM
You left out Tiamat.

Dammit! :smallmad:

Miko's story had such a great ending though. I feel like seeing her in the afterlife would cheapen it.

Same goes for Tsukiko. I firmly believe that no amount of fire, pitchforks and other clichés can actually hurt her more than having her delusions shattered did.

B. Dandelion
2012-02-01, 10:18 AM
Also, the fiends are nonchalant about everything, including getting on a conference call wiith Tiamat, Tiamat, Tiamat and Tiamat.

You left out Tiamat.

Dammit! :smallmad:

Had you not said that, I would have been inclined to think you deliberately gave her that setup, it was just too perfect.

AngelusAlvus
2012-02-01, 10:34 AM
As much as I would like to see it, not even MIKO got any strips about her afterlife.

Myou
2012-02-01, 10:56 AM
After a dramatic death like that, with the character having already served her purpose, seeing her again for a few strips, or even a brief cameo, would only dilute the impact. The same goes for Miko - the only way we're going to see either of them again if if they return to become significant characters again. Such as if they were recruited.

But given that both characters were played out I doubt that will happen. Not that they weren't interesting, but both Miko and Tsukiko had specific traits and stories that have been pretty fully explored, so the characters returning would serve no real purpose.

Psyren
2012-02-01, 11:32 AM
More is not always better. To quote Yahtzee: "That would be like ordering the Lobster Thermidor, and having it show up with a Snickers bar taped to it."