PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Planes-hopping adventure: What type of character to make?

Shadowbane
2012-01-23, 09:57 PM
Sixth level, slightly above average wealth by level, pretty much any race and religion I can imagine from any campaign setting. What type of character should I play? Mid to high levels of optimization.

Any character ideas? Class recommendations? I'm experiencing Choice Paralysis.

grarrrg
2012-01-24, 12:08 AM
Sixth level, slightly above average wealth by level, pretty much any race and religion I can imagine from any campaign setting. What type of character should I play? Mid to high levels of optimization.

Any character ideas? Class recommendations? I'm experiencing Choice Paralysis.

Flavor-wise?
Horizon Walker (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/e-h/horizon-walker)

Power-wise?
Gundolon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12152413#post12152413)
(needs tweaking for a level 6 start, feel free to substitute Algunist, or Gundolon v1.0)

Xefas
2012-01-24, 12:23 AM
Commoner 6. Full ranks in Profession (Dirt Farmer).

Don't forget to remind those planar beasties that, while they have an infinite lifespan in which to enjoy their glorious powers and the ostentatious majesty of the planes, all that you have to look forward to if you win the day is a few more years of back-breaking labor before dying of typhoid in your mid thirties.

Ask them to think about what they have to lose, compared to what you have to lose.

Glare at them from your one good eye, and remind them that if you die, you're going to mess them up real good in the process, and there's nothing Prime dirt farmers have if not more kinfolk. Kinfolk that'll be back for blood.

"Is it worth it?", you'll ask. "Or maybe you should just walk away, and spare yourself the chance of a rumor making the rounds in Sigil that you got beaten up by a dirt farmer."

Doorhandle
2012-01-24, 01:46 AM
Commoner 6. Full ranks in Profession (Dirt Farmer).

"Is it worth it?", you'll ask. "Or maybe you should just walk away, and spare yourself the chance of a rumor making the rounds in Sigil that you got beaten up by a dirt farmer."

"Except that the only rumour worse than being defeated by a dirt farmer would be running away from a fight with one."

*BEATDOWN INITIATED*

Deflating an otherwise sound and hilarious character concept aside, I think an intrepid interplanar merchant would be fun. If only so you try to sell fire to efreet and water to marids. :smallbiggrin:

Also, if it's mid to high op? RAGELANCEPOUNCE, ALL THE WAY!

And, eh, I guess a wizard is fine too?

Vemynal
2012-01-24, 01:49 AM
Setting yourself up for Horizon Tripper would be pretty fun. Theres a thread only a little bit back about it

grarrrg
2012-01-24, 08:59 AM
Setting yourself up for Horizon Tripper would be pretty fun. Theres a thread only a little bit back about it

Actually, even Horizon Tripper is a little nerfed in PF.
You can only Dimension Door 3+Wis/day.

deuxhero
2012-01-24, 10:56 AM
And improved trip (and other improved x) are nerfed by spliting them into at least 2 feats, for no real reason beyond "melee can't have nice things".

Horizon Walker gets better stuff early on, but shifting is nerfed too much.