PDA

View Full Version : Dear Redcloak

Grumbolt
2012-01-24, 07:09 AM
Dear Redcloak,

As a fellow goblin, I have been watching your meteoric rise to power. After today's events, I can only say...wow. I couldn't stop reading.

I have long wondered what a group of goblins under a powerful leader could do. Not only has it been impressive, it has been dazzling. Where do I sign up?

Sincerely,
Grumbolt, Witchdoctor W.Dm,

Specializing in poison and disease spells, creepy crawly conjurations, and home brewed potions for all occasions...

Bleak Ink
2012-01-25, 12:37 PM
It is quite satisfying to see, isn't it?

fergo
2012-01-25, 12:40 PM
As a non-Goblin, I would like to say that Redcloak is friggin' awesome.

A bad guy to the bone, of course. But awesome nonetheless.

Draconi Redfir
2012-01-25, 01:02 PM
Welcome new Goblinoid to the playground! You should keep an eye out for the others like us, there is of coarse myself and Bleak Ink, but there are also several others, such as Fullbladder, and several whos names have left me. (I know there's a female goblin with a dagger, a female hobgoblin fishing in an upside-down umbrella, a black-skinned goblin rouge guy (Morty), and i believe a Blue) who should be wandering around the playground.

We seriously need to get a group photo of the lot of us sometime.

p.s. if your wondering, i'm a bugbear. My fur is just bright red. Yeah, it's a thing. long story.

Morty
2012-01-25, 02:11 PM
Redcloak does goblinkind proud, yes. As a long-time fan of goblins in all their incarnations, one of the things I like about OoTS is that they're not portrayed as inconsequential XP fodder here.

DoctorIllithid
2012-01-25, 03:39 PM
I wonder what Gobbotopia's position is on Illithid settlement...

Draconi Redfir
2012-01-25, 07:54 PM
I wonder what Gobbotopia's position is on Illithid settlement...

We have a small Aberration district just off the northern side, our Illithid population is rather low at the moment however, so Im afraid we have only reserved three apartment floors for your kind at the moment, right below Chokers and above the Naga. We do ask that you reserve brain-eating for either purchased slaves, prisoners of war who are no longer of use, or non-intelligent creatures. You should be able to pre-order any livestock brains from our local Ranchers for a reasonable fee, you will of course need to wait until the creature is ready for slaughter however.

At the very least until something more reasonable can be established.

Occasional Sage
2012-01-25, 08:12 PM
We have a small Aberration district just off the northern side, our Illithid population is rather low at the moment however, so Im afraid we have only reserved three apartment floors for your kind at the moment, right below Chokers and above the Naga. We do ask that you reserve brain-eating for either purchased slaves, prisoners of war who are no longer of use, or non-intelligent creatures. You should be able to pre-order any livestock brains from our local Ranchers for a reasonable fee, you will of course need to wait until the creature is ready for slaughter however.

Why (how even?) would they eat the brains of non-intelligent creatures?

Draconi Redfir
2012-01-25, 08:16 PM

Same way they eat the brains of intelligent ones?
Might not be as tasty but should still work.

Bleak Ink
2012-01-25, 09:37 PM
By God I can already sense how much fun this thread is going to be.

Nutrition is nutrition. Do you particularly enjoy eating.. whatever ponies may seek as an unappealing yet necessary health benefit?

Redcloak does goblinkind proud, yes. As a long-time fan of goblins in all their incarnations, one of the things I like about OoTS is that they're not portrayed as inconsequential XP fodder here.

It's what really caught my attention in the first place. What was "This looks like it could be funny", quickly became, "There's a goblin with a talking role I now must read every one of the 6-hundred-and-whatever-pages there were when I first found Order of the Stick".

Welcome new Goblinoid to the playground! You should keep an eye out for the others like us, there is of coarse myself and Bleak Ink, but there are also several others, such as Fullbladder, and several whos names have left me. (I know there's a female goblin with a dagger, a female hobgoblin fishing in an upside-down umbrella, a black-skinned goblin rouge guy (Morty), and i believe a Blue) who should be wandering around the playground.

The few and the proud.

Specializing in poison and disease spells, creepy crawly conjurations, and home brewed potions for all occasions...

:smallamused:

Grumbolt, you and I, we have much to speak of.

Atcote
2012-01-25, 09:59 PM
As a Goblin 4E Paladin, I am confused where I stand on your approach to solving your issues. While in my universe I am Evil, in your universe, I would need to be Lawful Good. On the other-hand, my equivalent in your universe would require me to be a prestige class, which is pretty cool.

I give you my overall approval, even from another dimension. I will hand out pamphlets between hitting things with my hammer.

Draconi Redfir
2012-01-25, 10:37 PM

:smallamused:

Grumbolt, you and I, we have much to speak of.

This isn't going to go any further then a mutual wisdom trade is it?:smalltongue:

As a Goblin 4E Paladin, I am confused where I stand on your approach to solving your issues. While in my universe I am Evil, in your universe, I would need to be Lawful Good. On the other-hand, my equivalent in your universe would require me to be a prestige class, which is pretty cool.

I give you my overall approval, even from another dimension. I will hand out pamphlets between hitting things with my hammer.

Funny, i was just thinking earlier how cool a paladin of the Dark one would be. I mean really the whole lawful good thing is kind of silly, why can't lawful evil gods have holy warriors of their own without needing a prestige class?

androkguz
2012-01-25, 10:57 PM
To the bearer of the Crimson Mantle

What is your policy on taking new allies? What would it take a beholder to be able to behold the event of all events: the gods been held ranson.?

Adoendithas
2012-01-25, 11:00 PM
Funny, i was just thinking earlier how cool a paladin of the Dark one would be. I mean really the whole lawful good thing is kind of silly, why can't lawful evil gods have holy warriors of their own without needing a prestige class?

An all-goblin party going out and fighting PC adventurers would be pretty cool. It would also help the image of goblinkind as a whole--they're not just bits of XP anymore.

An Enemy Spy
2012-01-25, 11:01 PM
As a shark, I wholeheartedly approve of your recent policy of sending goblins into the ocean to search for Xykon's phylactery. I haven't eaten this good in years. As long as this policy stands, you have the support of me and all my friends.

Atcote
2012-01-25, 11:06 PM
An all-goblin party going out and fighting PC adventurers would be pretty cool. It would also help the image of goblinkind as a whole--they're not just bits of XP anymore.

Have I got good news for you! (http://www.goblinscomic.com/06252005/)

The answer is 'Yes. Yes I do.'

androkguz
2012-01-25, 11:30 PM
As a shark, I wholeheartedly approve of your recent policy of sending goblins into the ocean to search for Xykon's phylactery. I haven't eaten this good in years. As long as this policy stands, you have the support of me and all my friends.

LOL that was really funny xD

RndmNumGen
2012-01-25, 11:41 PM
As a Yuke, I extend my greetings from across dimensions, and throw my support behind the excellent goblinoids I see here, who seem capable of coherent thought(unlike the goblinoids from my home dimension, who are little more than barbarian savages).

Chi13iM
2012-01-25, 11:55 PM
What I really enjoy about Redcloak here (and in the comic in general) that ultimately makes him a much more effective villain and ultimate BBEG than Xykon, is his willingness to suffer humiliation, insult, and being stuck in the bitch position, all with his eyes set on the ultimate goal. This is something that I think Xykon severely underestimates in Redcloak.

Xykon really only understands taking actions that result in immediate benefit, or at most benefit himself and only himself. Xykon likely cannot fathom Redcloak ultimately working against him in the fashion that he is since he believes that he, like Xykon, is ultimately after the same thing, which, of course, isn't true at all. This likely is a good explanation why Xykon likely doesn't suspect the true nature of the ritual since he could not concieve that Redcloak would so willingly hand over power to another because Xykon himself would never consider such a thing.

I think Xykon expects Redcloak to betray him after the Ritual in order to take control of the ritual for himself, and is thus likely prepared for that, completely unknowning that, once the ritual is completed, it's already too late. Redcloak will have won once the ritual is done, and Xykon really has no way of knowing this at this time. Even being prepared for betrayal will not help in this case.

So kudos to you, Redcloak you magnificent bastard you.

turkishproverb
2012-01-26, 12:34 AM
Mr Redcloak.

The Dwarven empires be wonderin Gobotopia's position on tha tree menace.

Goosefarble
2012-01-26, 12:41 AM
Please don't squash me.

Bleak Ink
2012-01-26, 12:45 AM
This isn't going to go any further then a mutual wisdom trade is it?:smalltongue:

Oh, actually I was thinking a dimly-lit dinner and dancing; y'know, the usual.

What is your policy on taking new allies? What would it take a beholder to be able to behold the event of all events: the gods been held ranson.?

The abolishment of the status-quo is an occasion fit to be celebrated with all of our fellow suppressed sentients.

As a Yuke, I extend my greetings from across dimensions, and throw my support behind the excellent goblinoids I see here, who seem capable of coherent thought(unlike the goblinoids from my home dimension, who are little more than barbarian savages).

Have you ever gone and visited them to find out just how true such an assumption is?

Draconi Redfir
2012-01-26, 03:01 AM

As linked above it's already been done. the GAP even have their own paladin.

Oh, actually I was thinking a dimly-lit dinner and dancing; y'know, the usual.

*suspicious eyeglare of fear*

Babale
2012-01-26, 05:38 AM
As a Half-Orc Wight, I sympathize with your cause on multiple levels. First, as an Orc, I understand your struggles. As a Wight, I am glad that you destroyed that goth chick. I mean, we're Wights, not sex toys! Yeesh.

Vierbryn
2012-01-26, 11:10 AM
Maybe someday drow and goblinoids will form an alliance against all good races. Evil people have rights too.

Aurorus
2012-01-26, 11:40 AM
I support Babale about killing Tsukiko. But as a undead warlock I must reject Redcloak's comment about undead just being weapons. If that was true, then every creature is just a weapon. It is just a question about how to manipulate it. We undead are more than weapons, just as everybody else.

DoctorIllithid
2012-01-26, 12:10 PM

Whatwhatwhatwhat?

How can anyone be expected to room a floor above Chokers? Chokers, you know...The ones that are whole-heartedly chaotic evil, barely sentient, and conduct rampant murder on a regular basis? I bet they've already cleared out everything on those three apartment floors by the time I finish scrawling this!

On the other hand, slaves and prisoners of war sounds like good eating. For me, anyway. What are the price tags on them?

Lawyergoblin
2012-01-26, 12:36 PM
Hello and well met. I myself, while a very on-and-off poster, am a recent immigrant into Gobbotopia. While I do feel the we, as a cultural minority, are at a disadvantage to the larger Hobgoblins, I am confident for our ability to coexist.

Drop me a call at the Law Firm for all your needs, be they Clerical or Judiciary.

Draconi Redfir
2012-01-26, 03:32 PM
Whatwhatwhatwhat?

How can anyone be expected to room a floor above Chokers? Chokers, you know...The ones that are whole-heartedly chaotic evil, barely sentient, and conduct rampant murder on a regular basis? I bet they've already cleared out everything on those three apartment floors by the time I finish scrawling this!

I assure you the Chokers who have immigrated to our fine nation are given the basic teachings of civilized life as any other evil lifeform looking to move in. As well they are quite comfortable in tight spaces (And relatively few have actually joined) so they only have the one floor above yours. This is merely a temporary residence however, as we have plans for employment and residence in the sewer and sewer-themed dungeon once this necklace business is cleared up.

On the other hand, slaves and prisoners of war sounds like good eating. For me, anyway. What are the price tags on them?

It varies from person to person.

Dark Elf Bard
2012-01-26, 03:39 PM
Goblin bards aren't that great I've heard. Drow have alliances with goblins. I'm a Dark Elf Bard? Alliances with Goblins in the Playground?

SpaceBadger
2012-01-27, 07:25 PM
To the bearer of the Crimson Mantle

Watch out for Mr. Jones and Mr. Rodriguez!