PDA

View Full Version : Races with immunity

Mclane
2012-01-24, 09:41 AM
I have a character in mind for my D&D 3.5 game. He uses a blindfold of true darkness making him immune to gaze attacks. Which gave me an idea: a character with a butt-load of immunities and/or resistances. Any idea of races?

Jheska
2012-01-24, 09:43 AM
Necropolitan anything gets all the undead immunities, warforged get a lot but not all of the construct immunities.

Mclane
2012-01-24, 09:45 AM
Necropolitan? What's that?

motoko's ghost
2012-01-24, 09:46 AM
Lumi has immunity to decapitation. the Saint template has a few, as does the half-outsider templates.

Jheska
2012-01-24, 09:50 AM
Necropolitan is a template from Libris mortis. Its LA 0 but you loose a level and 1000xp when you gain in (xp is a river, or have it in backstory).

The template gives you the undead type, normal healing when resting and minor turn resistance.

Mclane
2012-01-24, 09:54 AM
All good ideas.

Greenish
2012-01-24, 10:10 AM
warforged get a lot but not all of the construct immunities.You can get the rest from warforged juggernaut PrC.

Bone Knight hoists a whole bunch of undead immunities on living characters.

Mclane
2012-01-24, 10:36 AM
Any races with immunity to fear, disease, or mind affecting effects specifically?

Greenish
2012-01-24, 10:41 AM
Any races with immunity to fear, disease, or mind affecting effects specifically?Undead. :smallamused:

Psyren
2012-01-24, 12:16 PM
Elans are immune to aging dying of old age. With enough PP, they can also become immune to damage or anything that requires a save.

They're also immune to anything that targets "humanoids."

FearlessGnome
2012-01-24, 12:39 PM
Keepers, from the Fiend Folio. Ok, so they have have 4 racial hit dice and LA3, but those are Outsider HD, and they get immunity to damn near everything except normal damage. Amongst other things:
Non-lethal damage,
ALL necromantic and Death effects,
Mind affecting effects,
Stunning, sneak attack & critical hits,
Ability damage/drain,
Paralysis, poison, sleep, disease,
Things that require a fortitude save unless they also affect objects (While still being alive and having a con score),
And they also get 500 feet (Ex) telepathy, which is one feat away from 500 feet Mind Sight.

Mclane
2012-01-24, 05:32 PM
Whoa! That's a lot. I'll definitely be looking into these Keepers.

Mclane
2012-01-24, 05:44 PM
Okay. Keeper it is. I humbly thank all of you for your help. :smallbiggrin:

Alleine
2012-01-24, 07:14 PM
Okay. Keeper it is. I humbly thank all of you for your help. :smallbiggrin:

Are you trying to play a keeper? Cuz I gotta say those guys are fraggin weird. Pretty sure my DM wouldn't let it slide, plus if you role-play 'em too? I hope the rest of the party is good at making deals, otherwise you might just slaughter them all after learning everything you can. :smalltongue:

Mclane
2012-01-24, 07:51 PM
Hmm. Good point. Could be a continuous study. Or maybe just using them to learn about social interaction or something. My group's pretty lenient. I could probably get away with it, whatever I do.

FearlessGnome
2012-01-24, 08:10 PM
Eh, just be a 'weird' Keeper, who is traveling to learn more about these strange other races and their worlds. Grow to care for party members. Decide to stick with the group. Tada, all done!

Mclane
2012-01-24, 08:20 PM
Haha. Yeah. I was planning on it.

Alleine
2012-01-24, 08:24 PM
Eh, just be a 'weird' Keeper, who is traveling to learn more about these strange other races and their worlds. Grow to care for party members. Decide to stick with the group. Tada, all done!

Awww, but plotting to kill your teammates party conflict is fun! :smallbiggrin:

Mclane
2012-01-24, 08:30 PM
Yeah. I know. I played a Pixie ninja for a while with 28 Dex and Combat Reflexes. I got so many attacks of opportunity... on my allies.

Rubik
2012-01-24, 08:45 PM
you loose a levelFly, my level! Fly and kill them all!!!!

Elboxo
2012-01-24, 08:52 PM
Isn't Warforged with the Saint Template supposed to have a lot of immunties, and then cast Magic Vestments on himself and tank likea boss?

Rubik
2012-01-24, 09:44 PM
There's always the LA +5 ghost that possesses other creatures. Take Human Heritage so that you're no longer undead, and the only things that can actually affect you are soul-stealing effects (which are rare). You keep all your immunities (which basically means you're also immune to anything humanoids are susceptible to), are immune to damage (since you're in someone else's body, and they take your damage for you), and are also immune to turning, since you're Humanoid (Human).

Greenish
2012-01-25, 07:06 AM
Elans are immune to aging dying of old age. With enough PP, they can also become immune to damage or anything that requires a save.Elan Resistance can't be augmented no matter how many PP you have, so how does that make you immune to stuff that requires saves?

DigoDragon
2012-01-25, 08:48 AM
Undead. :smallamused:

I'm picturing it now: A Warforged Juggernaut Lich.

I think part of it's treasure horde for the winning party will be a +1 Change of Pants. :smallcool:

gkathellar
2012-01-25, 08:54 AM
I'm picturing it now: A Warforged Juggernaut Lich.

I think part of it's treasure horde for the winning party will be a +1 Change of Pants. :smallcool:

Technically doable with Incarnate Construct abuse.

Mclane
2012-01-25, 12:47 PM
And they also get 500 feet (Ex) telepathy, which is one feat away from 500 feet Mind Sight.

What feat would that be?

Greenish
2012-01-25, 12:51 PM
What feat would that be?The one called "Mindsight". :smalltongue:

It's from LoM.

Mclane
2012-01-25, 12:57 PM
What section would it be in? I can't find it in my copy of the book. It wasn't under the only feat section I found.

gkathellar
2012-01-25, 01:24 PM
What section would it be in? I can't find it in my copy of the book. It wasn't under the only feat section I found.

Pg. 126. It's the staple "perfect detection" technique for wizards, since there's literally no way for a being with Int 3+ to avoid it within Telepathy range.

Necroticplague
2012-01-25, 03:12 PM
Pg. 126. It's the staple "perfect detection" technique for wizards, since there's literally no way for a being with Int 3+ to avoid it within Telepathy range.

Except for squinting REALLY hard while looking at mindsight and the darkstalker feat.(note, this is a joke, I do not really believe this is actual raw, any more than "it doesn't say you can't act when you're dead" is a valid RAW interpretation

motoko's ghost
2012-01-25, 03:16 PM

Or when they cant see through the DM's DMG to their face:smalltongue:

EDIT: sorry there should have been a multi-quote with Necroticplague's thing too