PDA

View Full Version : Practised Warlock?

GreenSerpent
2012-01-24, 09:56 AM
Erm. Question here.

What would Practised Spellcaster (Warlock) do to a Sorceror 4 / Warlock 3 / Eldritch Theurge 2? I usderstand he currently casts as a 6th level Sorceror and a 5th level Warlock.

Thanks in advance!

Psyren
2012-01-24, 10:24 AM
Well, strictly speaking the feat could only be applied to your sorcerer levels - warlock isn't technically a "spellcasting class," unless spell-like abilities count. But I would think most DM's would allow PS to apply to Warlocks as well, and you could choose which class to apply it to. Bottom line, talk to your DM.

onemorelurker
2012-01-24, 10:25 AM
Erm. Question here.

What would Practised Spellcaster (Warlock) do to a Sorceror 4 / Warlock 3 / Eldritch Theurge 2? I usderstand he currently casts as a 6th level Sorceror and a 5th level Warlock.

Thanks in advance!

Assuming Practiced Spellcaster works with Warlock, the character would cast as a 6th-level Sorcerer and 5th level Warlock. His caster level would be 6 as a Sorcerer and 10 as a Warlock. So he wouldn't get any new invocations/more blast dice, but he'd count as higher level for X-per-caster-level things (which I'm not sure the Warlock gets any of...) and for caster level checks.

Psyren
2012-01-24, 10:28 AM
he'd count as higher level for X-per-caster-level things (which I'm not sure the Warlock gets any of...)

They get plenty - almost every invocation that functions "as the X spell" has parameters like range and duration based on caster level. For instance, if the OP's Warlock had the Charm invocation and PS worked for him, he would be able to make it last longer and be used from further away.

GreenSerpent
2012-01-24, 10:29 AM
Hrrrm, they'll probably go for not allowing it to qualify. Practised Spellcaster (Sorceror) would probably work better then.