PDA

View Full Version : Theoreticly.......

Howler Dagger
2012-01-24, 10:29 PM
If redcoak or some other Bearer of the Crimson Mantle were to write out the divine half of the ritual, could Xykon or a powerful divine caster alter in such a way that it would give control of the gate to Xykon or a god besides the Dark One?

I was thinking that Xykon could force Redcloak to do it (under threat of killing him and keaping the mantle to prevent another goblin from taking it), but it could be somebody else, maybe even the Order make him do it.

TriForce
2012-01-25, 01:29 PM
in theory, probably, however, redcloak would never, and i do mean NEVER, write it down, even if xykon threathenend him in that manner. killing RC and keeping the cloak would be the equivelent to declaring war on a god personally,not just his people, and that would mean more problems for our resident epic lich then its worth

Bit Fiend
2012-01-25, 05:16 PM
in theory, probably, however, redcloak would never, and i do mean NEVER, write it down, even if xykon threathenend him in that manner. killing RC and keeping the cloak would be the equivelent to declaring war on a god personally,not just his people, and that would mean more problems for our resident epic lich then its worth

I agree on the part with RC never writing down the ritual. After all he would have died serving the Dark One at the best of his abilities, so his afterlife wouldn't be too bad... But declaring war on a god? If that were true Xykon woul already be in the middle of such a war. He's already trying to gain control of the weapon that could undo ALL the gods' creation. He has destroyed (most of) the Ghost Martyrs of the Sapphire Guard, the servants of the southern gods charged with defending the very fabric of the universe. I don't think he could do much worse by killing RC and thereby stealing an artifact.

Howler Dagger
2012-01-25, 05:25 PM
I'm thinking Xykon could craft an epic spell to dominate Redcloak to do it, or maybe kill him, give it to a weaker-willed goblin and dominate him. The purpose of the Epic spell is to break through whatever protection the Crimson Mantle give to protect against that sort of thing.

Also, what bit fiend said on the "declare war against the Dark One"

Bit Fiend
2012-01-25, 05:58 PM
I'm thinking Xykon could craft an epic spell to dominate Redcloak to do it, or maybe kill him, give it to a weaker-willed goblin and dominate him. The purpose of the Epic spell is to break through whatever protection the Crimson Mantle give to protect against that sort of thing.

Heh, yeah, true... I tend to forget (or at least ignore for the sake of sanity) that the general application of epic magic is "I do X and ignore anything that doesn't allow me to do X".... :smallamused: