PDA

View Full Version : How do Devils get to the Material Plane?

Morithias
2012-01-25, 01:43 AM
I've been reading a lot of the Fiendish Codex 2 lately, but there's one thing that bugs me. For all the talk of them "sending people to the material plane" and such, I cannot find anything that says HOW they get to the material plane.

Considering a line in Greater Teleport is "Interplanar travel is not possible." How the biscuit are they getting to the material plane from Baator? I can't find any answer in the whole book!

Callyn
2012-01-25, 01:51 AM
There are a variety of planar gates around the multiverse. Some of them lead to the Prime Material.

Helldog
2012-01-25, 01:54 AM
Spells. Planar Shift. Gate. Planar Binding. Ect.

gbprime
2012-01-25, 01:58 AM
Same way the PC's get to any of the outer planes... the plot. :smallbiggrin:

Morithias
2012-01-25, 02:19 AM
Same way the PC's get to any of the outer planes... the plot. :smallbiggrin:

Which is ironic, cause two characters that I plan to use are from baator in a campaign that takes place on material. (One is Glasya's son from a time ago, another is a NE harvester devil that got kicked out after winning too many court cases as the defendant).

thanks for the planar gate answer. This will help me greatly later.

Red_Dog
2012-01-25, 03:02 AM
to Morithias

Manual of Planes while being 3.0, contains a metric ton of planar information.

Planar Hand book contains a lot of useful information, but on some more focused topics

The book you are currently reading [FCII] is also great. Remember though, hell is a essentially 9 worlds in one. They have "industry", "services" and everything in between. It just operates under more bureaucracy and danger, but over all, you can find services of some one on say 2nd circle? [City of Dis] to transport you for a fee. Or if using Manual of Planes, simple buy a "ticket" to go thru some highly regulated portal to Plane of Fire's City of Brass which in terms has a lot more portals.

In fact characters you have described simply could have business there as City of Brass has active trade routes with 9 Hells. In terms, City of Brass has tons of merchants & etc. that would be willing to transport your devilish behind to w/e plane you please as long as you negotiate a payment.

More information on City of Brass is in Both Planar Books[though planar hand book has more IMO]

Hope this helps ^^