PDA

View Full Version : [ORE] Modern campaign w/o supernaturals

viverridae
2012-01-25, 01:14 PM
Hey guys

I'm thinking about starting a gritty, realistic campaign with the players climbing the ladders of organized crime, and wanted to do this based on Greg Stolze's One-Roll Engine system, since I'm a big fan of its simplicity and pace, and just generally think it works great. I'm not a big rules buff and hopes to keep it pretty simple, not least because one of the players is a total newcomer to rpg's in general.

I'd like some tips on how you'd brew a simple ORE system without all the supernatural elements of Godlike and Wild Talents, if any of you have any experience with that - but also with a focus on the classic RP character as opposed to A Dirty World, which of course is built for just this purpose - modern, non-supernatural characters in a grey world of crime etc. - and I like A Dirty World, but with all the social mechanisms and scene-by-scene changes it's not what I'm looking for for this campaign. I'm just looking for something like a basic ORE homebrew that works and is balanced without any supernatural element or powers. I know the ORE Toolkit as well, but I have been having a hard time putting something together that seems balanced, and was wondering if anyone in here ever did anything similar. Plus, I'm a big fan of the skills system in The Kerberos Club, where a skill can also be Flexible on top of being Broad, which means that it can be combined with any stat. Any suggestions?

Grinner
2012-01-25, 02:09 PM
I'm not fit to make any recommendations concerning the ORE system. However, you might want to have this thread moved to the Homebrew Design (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15) section.