PDA

View Full Version : The Rise (OOC)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

TechnOkami
2012-02-14, 10:37 PM
You're fun, at the very least.

You do realize you just dug yourself into a hole, right?

INoKnowNames
2012-02-14, 11:03 PM
You do realize you just dug yourself into a hole, right?

No worse than the one he would find a way to put underneath me, capsising the ground if he had to.

Speaking of falling, I just realised you didn't require 5 Strength Alex to do any rolling for climbing a ladder. And I thank you for it.

Laendri
2012-02-16, 08:25 AM
Hey, Rion... you better don't have all the fun for yourself. If you set up an horde before us and then kill it by yourself... I will kill the half-naked sexy nurse. :smallconfused:
Maybe I'll do that even if you don't kill all the horde xD

INoKnowNames
2012-02-16, 08:30 AM
Hey, Rion... you better don't have all the fun for yourself. If you set up an horde before us and then kill it by yourself... I will kill the half-naked sexy nurse. :smallconfused:
Maybe I'll do that even if you don't kill all the horde xD

I'm not sure what I object to more: the prospect of being killed at all, being killed over something I have no control over, or being the sexy nurse.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with the dress. It's just the outfit underneath that's an issue.

And yes, I'm quite aware of how easily that can be twisted.

Overlord Rion
2012-02-16, 03:23 PM
It's a tactic. Force the enemy into the walls, then crush them like a bug. At least, that's the idea.

I wasn't going to pit you against a horde at level 1 without some help, I'm not that cold hearted.

Except on Tuesdays.

EDIT: Sorry but there won't be a post today. There will be one tomorrow though. I just have to sleep early today for a road trip. I'll try to make up for my slow posting tomorrow. Promise.

TechnOkami
2012-02-19, 06:46 PM
*poke poke*

People still alive?

The Succubus
2012-02-19, 07:10 PM
Yeah, still here. Themman's just waiting for the barbarian horde to charge through the gate. I have a feeling if he wanders, either Kurmak will get murdered or he'll become lost as he didn't see which way the other 2 went.

So I'm cool waiting to see what Rion does next. I'm also involved in cool PbP God game thing and the UK WW thread.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-19, 07:32 PM
*poke poke*

People still alive?

I didn't think I could do too much more in character, but yeah, I'm still here. I'd specify somehow if something happened and I had to go.

Overlord Rion
2012-02-20, 08:48 PM
Working on a post. Apologies for no posting. My girlfriend decided to surprise me by coming up to my university and stuff got put on the backburner.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-20, 10:30 PM
Working on a post. Apologies for no posting. My girlfriend decided to surprise me by coming up to my university and stuff got put on the backburner.

I think I'll take a page from Laendri's book and go "Bow Chicka Wow Wow!".

http://img2.etsystatic.com/il_fullxfull.234651266.jpg

Laendri
2012-02-22, 06:07 AM
I've been having a lot of troubles with internet lately and still have. Sorry for any inconvenience, please don't think I don't care bout this :smallfrown:

INoKnowNames
2012-02-23, 09:42 AM
I've been having a lot of troubles with internet lately and still have. Sorry for any inconvenience, please don't think I don't care bout this :smallfrown:

Dang bro.... hopefully everything's okay on your end...

So, Rion, let me see if I've got this straight. Mom, in the Celestial Realm, wrote Alex a letter, giving her her first actual request as a figure of Good, concerning an issue involving necromancy in a kingdom, as well as information on someone that might be able to help her.

How much of this do I have right/wrong?

The Succubus
2012-02-23, 10:03 AM
Ok, so we have 3 halflings and an orc heading through the doorway. Unless I hear a better idea soon, I'm just going to start blasting and yell a warning for Kurnak to duck.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-23, 10:09 AM
Ok, so we have 3 halflings and an orc heading through the doorway. Unless I hear a better idea soon, I'm just going to start blasting and yell a warning for Kurnak to duck.

I'd be careful about that... Kurmak might get hurt in the process if Laendri's having issues in being able to control him..

TechnOkami
2012-02-26, 02:51 PM
Questions:

a.) Are one of the retreating mercenaries in range for me to throw another construct at them?

b.) Is it my turn again? :smallbiggrin:

INoKnowNames
2012-02-26, 05:43 PM
Questions:

a.) Are one of the retreating mercenaries in range for me to throw another construct at them?

b.) Is it my turn again? :smallbiggrin:

You know, you can't solve all your problems by throwing minio... nevermind, actually. Go on ahead.

Hope Rion gets back...

Overlord Rion
2012-02-27, 01:23 AM
I'm back, just remember, weekends are when my parties get crazy so I can't do much in the way of posting.

EDIT: But as it's like 1:30 in the morning here, I'll do a post when I wake up.

Overlord Rion
2012-02-28, 04:27 AM
YEah I know, double post and all. But it appears that I was in fact the last post.

So to answer some questions, Yes, it is Cirophi's turn, then...BARBARIAN HORDE REACTION TIME.

And yes, you can throw constructs at people till the cows come home.

Or until you run out of juice. Muahahahahahahahaha.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-28, 11:44 AM
So, Rion, let me see if I've got this straight. Mom, in the Celestial Realm, wrote Alex a letter, giving her her first actual request as a figure of Good, concerning an issue involving necromancy in a kingdom, as well as information on someone that might be able to help her.

How much of this do I have right/wrong?

What about me, Rion? :smallfrown:

Overlord Rion
2012-02-28, 02:54 PM
You pretty much got it all right.

The Succubus
2012-02-28, 03:24 PM
Any suggestions for me? I'm still stuck by this wretched door. =/

Overlord Rion
2012-03-01, 07:42 PM
You can blast if you like. Laendri appears to have gone MIA, so if somebody wants to give him a PM, be my guest, if not, we'll continue without him.

TechnOkami
2012-03-01, 07:49 PM
Well, Laendri did say he was having compy problems, so it might just be that.

Overlord Rion
2012-03-01, 08:18 PM
Well, we'll figure it out. For now, I'm going to reduce the amount of enemies.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-02, 09:03 AM
I'm sorry I hadn't posted in a while... I was still thinking about how to respond to this monumental occurence.... I suppose being lost in thought is actually quite appropriate, then....

The Succubus
2012-03-02, 09:32 AM
Well, I've fired off Colour Spray but I don't know how to the saving throws for the Halflings or whether I need to do any attack rolls.

I hope the warning gives Kurnak some sort of bonus to making a reflex roll.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-03, 09:50 AM
I thought his name was Kurmak....

Me thinks the Healer should get to her post and heal when she can....

Kinda wonder if we could have used more party members to help keep others from dying and keep our in character discussions incredibly lively (except for the fact that it would be more work for the DM).

Overlord Rion
2012-03-03, 10:47 PM
And that's why Daven is here.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-04, 03:59 AM
And that's why Daven is here.

Wait, someone's about to play as Daven? Or is that going to be your character? Or do you just mean for him to add to the party as an npc?

If he's not an official player character or GMPC, maybe if the Saint does earn Leadership, he could be one of her Cohorts...

TechnOkami
2012-03-05, 01:13 AM
Daaaaaaamnit, I was wishing that would have hit. Damn my lack of to-hit with touch attacks q-q

INoKnowNames
2012-03-05, 01:30 PM
Maybe if you're lucky, you hit one of the soldiers behind him still moving about, or knocked a tree off balance and ontop of your enemy...

...how are your Reflex Saves, by the way?

TechnOkami
2012-03-05, 03:53 PM
Maybe if you're lucky, you hit one of the soldiers behind him still moving about, or knocked a tree off balance and ontop of your enemy...

...how are your Reflex Saves, by the way?

Poor, I would imagine. I'm only a level one Psion.

Now I'll be throwing more constructs at him, considering they hit better than I can.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-08, 05:52 PM
Any chance everyone's still here? I know Rion's busy with exams; I pestered him a few days ago about something I wanted to do with Alex in the future. He's also waiting for Laendri, too.

Any chance anyone's heard from Laendri? And hopefully Succubus and Okami are still nearby.

For the record, I might get a bit busy on the weekends, but unless I specify otherwise, never count me out of a game.

TechnOkami
2012-03-08, 06:15 PM
I'm still here, no worries on my part. :smallbiggrin:

The Succubus
2012-03-08, 07:22 PM
Off to Oxford for another UKitP meet but yeah, I'm still following the game. Need some feedback about what happened with the Colour Spray.

Overlord Rion
2012-03-09, 02:05 AM
Should be able to post on Friday, which is technically now for me, but you get the idea.

You will also like what happened with the color spray.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-09, 02:11 AM
Sweet. That's one thing I'm looking forward to. That, and knowing if you've read that thing I sent ya.

May have made a new (Barbarian, I assume, since he's illiterate) friend.

Hopefully our Barbarian will come back, though....

Overlord Rion
2012-03-09, 11:56 PM
If not, it'll be unfortunate, but I can tailor the battles.

Besides, there are two casters here. Casters are horrifying.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-10, 12:05 AM
I'll be quite honest, I thought Daven was going to pick Alex up and jump down with her, like a boss.

Ah well... To the action!

By the way, Rion? Any chance you still get Private Messages?

TechnOkami
2012-03-10, 12:29 AM
Holy crap that hit?

...I'm impressed...

Overlord Rion
2012-03-10, 12:39 AM
Very, very, VERY low dex.

TechnOkami
2012-03-10, 01:12 AM
Apparently :D

INoKnowNames
2012-03-10, 01:12 AM
I still liked my idea of it knocking over a tree onto him better. :smallbiggrin:

TechnOkami
2012-03-10, 01:14 AM
Oh oh, I forgot to ask: are the reinforcements for the barbarian army, or for the townspeople? I'm hoping it's the latter, but it was a little vague, so I figured I'd ask.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-12, 05:36 PM
I'm sad... it's been almost a month since Laendri last posted anything, and even though it says he showed up a few days ago, he still seems to be unable to say anything..... I hold such high hopes for this game......

TechnOkami
2012-03-12, 07:41 PM
I'm sad... it's been almost a month since Laendri last posted anything, and even though it says he showed up a few days ago, he still seems to be unable to say anything..... I hold such high hopes for this game......

Well, now now, just because Laendri isn't posting doesn't mean that the entire game's going to shut down, it just means that we must find someone else to be barbaric in his stead.

WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

INoKnowNames
2012-03-12, 09:31 PM
Well, now now, just because Laendri isn't posting doesn't mean that the entire game's going to shut down, it just means that we must find someone else to be barbaric in his stead.

WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

Well, it's that he doesn't seem to be able to post... if it was just one person falling out, that would be one thing, but for someone to have such a problem is another...

Overlord Rion
2012-03-12, 10:43 PM
If Laendri comes back at all, I'll figure out a way to reintroduce him. IF not, I can tailor things to work with a much squishier party.

TechnOkami
2012-03-12, 10:52 PM
Well, it's that he doesn't seem to be able to post... if it was just one person falling out, that would be one thing, but for someone to have such a problem is another...

Eoh. In that case it'll (maybe) just take time.

If he's able to post again, yay! If not, then sadface. But whee, I'm amused by this idea of three squishies running around doing things.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-12, 11:05 PM
Eoh. In that case it'll (maybe) just take time.

If he's able to post again, yay! If not, then sadface. But whee, I'm amused by this idea of three squishies running around doing things.

Hopefully time will heal all wounds...

It'll mainly be two squishies, since one squishy will be too busy patching everyone else up and trying to solve things non-violently.

The Succubus
2012-03-13, 05:00 AM
Is this before or after I get perforated by 3 halfling barbarians and an orc? :smalltongue:

INoKnowNames
2012-03-13, 01:03 PM
Is this before or after I get perforated by 3 halfling barbarians and an orc? :smalltongue:

Hopefully I should be down there to put all the organs back into their rightful places....

INoKnowNames
2012-03-15, 05:31 PM
Just as a random question: What times per day are you guys most active to post, so I can know what to expect?

For me, I'm Eastern Standard Time, and while I'm pretty much free to post all day long Tuesday through Thursday, I'm limited to the afternoons Friday through Monday (although if I get off or am not working on Monday, I've got all day to post on it, too).

TechnOkami
2012-03-15, 05:33 PM
Just as a random question: What times per day are you guys most active to post, so I can know what to expect?

For me, I'm Eastern Standard Time, and while I'm pretty much free to post all day long Tuesday through Thursday, I'm limited to the afternoons Friday through Monday (although if I get off or am not working on Monday, I've got all day to post on it, too).

College Student, I post asap. Sometimes I forget for a few days, but my policy is usually asap.

Overlord Rion
2012-03-15, 11:50 PM
College student with job (working on a second) and with free time in high demand.

Not exactly the best choice for a DM, but I'm trying as best I can.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-17, 11:44 PM
College student with job (working on a second) and with free time in high demand.

Not exactly the best choice for a DM, but I'm trying as best I can.

Good Luck getting a second job (the economy's nuts). Otherwise, you're basically in my boat.

And I know I appreciate everything we get. I just can't wait for this game to keep going.... is there anything else we're waiting on before we go? Or just for you to give us more IC when you're ready?

Also, if Laendri is, unfortunately, unable to make it back soon, what if we recruited for others, or asked if any of the alternates from before were still willing to join in, considering how little has actually occured in character? Or would you prefer the party stay shorter, especially if you still want to give him room to be able to come back easily?

TechnOkami
2012-03-18, 12:23 AM
Personally, I feel big parties are the best kind, especially around a big table. :smallcool:

But, if I remember correctly, you specifically wanted this group to be small I believe, and since it is much MUCH easier to handle a small party in PbP form, I will not complain (though I think summoning an alt might be best in this case.

And now, brb Twilight Princess.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-18, 02:59 AM
Personally, I feel big parties are the best kind, especially around a big table. :smallcool:

But, if I remember correctly, you specifically wanted this group to be small I believe, and since it is much MUCH easier to handle a small party in PbP form, I will not complain (though I think summoning an alt might be best in this case.

I'm in a game involving 9 people right now, and I can tell the Dm has his work cut out for him. Especially since some of them are slow to the point where if they post once every 2 days, it comes off as surprising... And then some people (myself included) can post on average 20 times a day.

But 3-4 people seems so... puny. Especially in combat, otherwise encounters are going to be very small... Personally, I notice that we could use a dextrous character, since none of us have any way of detecting traps, although Cirophi could summon puddle creatures into them...

It's Rion's choice, and he did note in the origonal 16 that the party would be small since he's busy.... I just really want this game to be more active, I suppose is the undelying root of my thoughts. I'm so psyched to play this character!

And now, brb Twilight Princess.

Are you playing that game still, or are you refering to a not-Zelda Twilight Princess?

TechnOkami
2012-03-18, 07:13 AM
I'm in a game involving 9 people right now, and I can tell the Dm has his work cut out for him. Especially since some of them are slow to the point where if they post once every 2 days, it comes off as surprising... And then some people (myself included) can post on average 20 times a day.

But 3-4 people seems so... puny. Especially in combat, otherwise encounters are going to be very small... Personally, I notice that we could use a dextrous character, since none of us have any way of detecting traps, although Cirophi could summon puddle creatures into them...

It's Rion's choice, and he did note in the origonal 16 that the party would be small since he's busy.... I just really want this game to be more active, I suppose is the undelying root of my thoughts. I'm so psyched to play this character!

Are you playing that game still, or are you refering to a not-Zelda Twilight Princess?

True... one time as a Druid for a solo campaign thing, I "removed" traps by either walking into them, jumping over them, summoning trees into them, or blowing windwalls at them. Very amusing stuff.

And there's a non-Zelda Twilight Princess? (hint: I was playing it)

INoKnowNames
2012-03-18, 12:02 PM
True... one time as a Druid for a solo campaign thing, I "removed" traps by either walking into them, jumping over them, summoning trees into them, or blowing windwalls at them. Very amusing stuff.

... that's better than the -first- thought that went into my head.... It was that Themmen could learn a summon spell and summon monkeys whenever he thought or suspected a trap nearby, and let the Monkey... monkey around... with predictable results...

And there's a non-Zelda Twilight Princess? (hint: I was playing it)

I should give it a try again, though right now I've been playing the origonal Paper Mario... old games that are good never seem to lose their edge, even if you can see how they've been improved by time...

And I've heard some people call Bella the Twilight Princess.... my skin crawled. Hearing about that Pony character makes me less sick...

TechnOkami
2012-03-18, 06:10 PM
It was that Themmen could learn a summon spell and summon monkeys whenever he thought or suspected a trap nearby, and let the Monkey... monkey around... with predictable results... I should give it a try again, though right now I've been playing the origonal Paper Mario... old games that are good never seem to lose their edge, even if you can see how they've been improved by time...

And I've heard some people call Bella the Twilight Princess.... my skin crawled. Hearing about that Pony character makes me less sick...

I did that too once, except it was wolves.

*begins to feel the surge of rage he has over Twilgiht, but then realizes (almost) everyone else feels the same way, so stops his raging*

INoKnowNames
2012-03-18, 08:23 PM
I did that too once, except it was wolves.

*begins to feel the surge of rage he has over Twilgiht, but then realizes (almost) everyone else feels the same way, so stops his raging*

It's a bit more comical when monkeys are doing it...

It stinks that that word has such a horrible stigma attached to it....

TechnOkami
2012-03-18, 09:50 PM
It's a bit more comical when monkeys are doing it...

It stinks that that word has such a horrible stigma attached to it....

I tend to really not think about it, and just omit the idea/concept from my thought. I see Twilight as Twilight, not Sparkly Vampire Pretty Boys and a Girls Choice Between Necrophilia and Bestiality.

Overlord Rion
2012-03-19, 09:21 PM
There shall be no discussion of Twilight here. Twilight Princess will always mean the LoZ game, and all shall be right with the world.

Or else.

TechnOkami
2012-03-19, 09:25 PM
There shall be no discussion of Twilight here. Twilight Princess will always mean the LoZ game, and all shall be right with the world.

Or else.

I like and hold new respect for this GM.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-19, 10:26 PM

Or else.

You know, I was getting worried about the lack of an update. But I have renewed reason to have faith in you, Overlord Rion. I shall wait patiently and gratefully.

I like and hold new respect for this GM.

This.

On a random subject, anyone play Custom Robo?

Also, nice avatar(s), Succubus.

TechnOkami
2012-03-19, 10:46 PM
On a random subject, anyone play Custom Robo?

Nope.

Also, shameless advertisement: Skyward Sword, amazing game, play it.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-19, 11:00 PM
Nope.

Kinda repeditive storyline, but to say that it's a fun game doesn't feel like it does it justice. Multiplayer is -epic-. If you have someone in real life to compete with, I give it 2 thumbs up to definitely try. If you've got more, even better! Though, if it's just you, then it's more a rental (although who rents Gamecube Games anymore? :smallconfused:).

Also, shameless advertisement: Skyward Sword, amazing game, play it.

If I hadn't been infesting my down time with D&D, I would, actually. Trying to avoid spoilers for now.. My last Wii game was Kirby's Return to Dreamland, actually (which is still awesome, and I'm still replaying).

TechnOkami
2012-03-19, 11:12 PM
Kinda repeditive storyline, but to say that it's a fun game doesn't feel like it does it justice. Multiplayer is -epic-. If you have someone in real life to compete with, I give it 2 thumbs up to definitely try. If you've got more, even better! Though, if it's just you, then it's more a rental (although who rents Gamecube Games anymore? :smallconfused:).

If I hadn't been infesting my down time with D&D, I would, actually. Trying to avoid spoilers for now.. My last Wii game was Kirby's Return to Dreamland, actually (which is still awesome, and I'm still replaying).

Hm... doesn't look to be my cup of tea... I'm not much of a mech-suit kind of gamer, though I have to say I'm really interested in Metal Gear Solid: Rising.

And I won't spoiler anything, but it's one of the downright best Zelda games I've played, perhaps the best.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-19, 11:14 PM
Hm... doesn't look to be my cup of tea... I'm not much of a mech-suit kind of gamer, though I have to say I'm really interested in Metal Gear Solid: Rising.

I always thought of it as more a Mech themed Party/Fighting game.

And I won't spoiler anything, but it's one of the downright best Zelda games I've played, perhaps the best.

Better not spoil anything, or no heal spam for you.

TechnOkami
2012-03-19, 11:27 PM
Better not spoil anything, or no heal spam for you.

I wouldn't have the heart to. It's that good of a game.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-19, 11:36 PM
I wouldn't have the heart to. It's that good of a game.

........ Temtations are terrible things.....

Rion, do you care if I ask when the next update might occur?

Overlord Rion
2012-03-20, 12:57 AM
It just happened actually.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-20, 01:37 AM
It just happened actually.

I'd make a sarcastic comment, but I'm not gonna spit in your face when you gave us a post. Instead, I'll just be thankful. :smallsmile:

The barbarian falls, a satisfied smile across his face as he does so. Extremely odd, but you don't have time to consider that as a ball of...it wasn't actually able to be seen, but the enemies seemed to clutch their ears and drop, while others just fell outright.

Daven manages to get to the enemies by the wizard before they wake up. He takes some extra effort to make sure that they don't wake up anytime soon.

Like, ever.

"Now, Rurik should be coming in soon. He's the leader mopping up outside. Maybe he can be asked about the note that was sent."

I assume the Italic Section was for Cirophi, and the Bolded section was for the rest of us?

Also, darn my internet locking up for all this time, otherwise I'd have posted this about 3 minutes after your response.

And you would be offline now.... dang.

Overlord Rion
2012-03-21, 01:25 AM
Your assumption would be correct. If you guys like, I can putting it in spoilers to make separation easier?

TechnOkami
2012-03-21, 01:27 AM
I don't mind that. More importantly: two crits in a row man.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-21, 02:58 AM
Your assumption would be correct. If you guys like, I can putting it in spoilers to make separation easier?

Whatever is easiest for you so the game can be played quicker.

Been a while since we heard from Succubus. I'll message him.

I don't mind that. More importantly: two crits in a row man.

Do you mean my Spot and Listen? 'cause I'll be honest, I'm scared. I got -another- one on another character's Sense Motive. Something's going to happen....

The Succubus
2012-03-21, 05:29 AM
Still here - I'll try and get a post up IC at lunchtime. Did I hit Kurnak with the Colour Spray as well?

TechnOkami
2012-03-21, 12:47 PM
Do you mean my Spot and Listen? 'cause I'll be honest, I'm scared. I got -another- one on another character's Sense Motive. Something's going to happen....

You mean something awesome! :smallamused:

INoKnowNames
2012-03-21, 02:20 PM
Still here - I'll try and get a post up IC at lunchtime. Did I hit Kurnak with the Colour Spray as well?

You still can't get his name right! It's Kurmak!

You mean something awesome! :smallamused:

I don't like seeing my luck improve. Because then it will fall again later, and that's no good....

TechnOkami
2012-03-21, 03:39 PM
I don't like seeing my luck improve. Because then it will fall again later, and that's no good....

Mm true... I know how my luck runs though, so it's all good.

Overlord Rion
2012-03-21, 06:25 PM
For now, assume once Daven came to stop people from...you know, living, Kurmak decided he was going to help out outside.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-21, 06:39 PM
For now, assume once Daven came to stop people from...you know, living, Kurmak decided he was going to help out outside.

It's official then...

So... just three? Might we see if we can bother one of the other 3 listed in your 1st post? Or is there a chance we could outright open recruitment up, and see how quick we might get applications?

I can see people in the town joining heroes during battle. It'd be a great way to introduce eachother.

That said, all that matters to me is that we get to play.

Overlord Rion
2012-03-21, 07:34 PM
We can do it with three people. Don't worry too much about it.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-21, 07:53 PM
We can do it with three people. Don't worry too much about it.

I just like having active groups. I'll quiet down.

Speaking of quiet, isn't it past Lunch Time, Succubus?

INoKnowNames
2012-03-22, 02:09 AM
Heh. Lunch time for you is 3 Am for me. :smalltongue:

Also, interesting Avatar choices. I saw that last one; I think there's a panel in the comic that has Haley in the pose you're looking for for that picture.

And lastly, I just realised I've been messing up your Wizard's name.... Themman.... I thought it was Themmen, and that's how I've pronounced it as I read. ^_^;

INoKnowNames
2012-03-27, 01:45 PM
Anybody home?

The Succubus
2012-03-27, 02:44 PM
Nobody here but us ravens....

TechnOkami
2012-03-27, 06:46 PM
*dances around a fire pit trying to summon some eldritch demon to create a pact with to get this game going*

Oh hi.

*continues dancing*

INoKnowNames
2012-03-27, 10:53 PM
I'm not sure if a future Saint would condone such actions.... maybe we should pray to the gods instead?

*begins praying*

INoKnowNames
2012-03-29, 02:11 PM
I've shot Rion a private message just asking how he's been. Hopefully, we'll get a response back, soon.

I really hope this game keeps going. I love Alex!

The Succubus
2012-03-29, 05:52 PM
Mhmmm. Cord's starting to grow on me. I do like his snarky little comments and his cheery view on life.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-29, 10:33 PM
I hope to be able to hear more of Cord's banter later on. I imagine it might be fun to have a conversation with a Raven.

On a more relevant note, I got a Pm back from Rion. He's been reconfiguring counters so us squishies wouldn't be pasted in 1 hit, since we're all so squishy and we lost our beat-stick. Just gotta chill for a bit. Glad we got a good dm.

TechnOkami
2012-03-29, 11:21 PM
Ja, agreed. I'm more than happy atm, Cirophi's just going to take a long time until she becomes a God.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-29, 11:24 PM
Like wise with the future Saint.

I'm not sure if I asked, but do you guys mind too terrible if I consider Vow of Non Violence and Peace? I askd Rion a while back, and he says he's going to watch how I play and see if I deserve it before he even remotely considers it an option, and is shying away from it otherwise, so there's that.

But I just realised I should run that kind of thing by the party, too, since it wouldn't be fair to impose restrictions on you without your permission as well.

I just thought that since she's not going to be hurting anyone in the first place, that she could gain bonuses from doing so.

TechnOkami
2012-03-29, 11:44 PM
Like wise with the future Saint.

I'm not sure if I asked, but do you guys mind too terrible if I consider Vow of Non Violence and Peace? I askd Rion a while back, and he says he's going to watch how I play and see if I deserve it before he even remotely considers it an option, and is shying away from it otherwise, so there's that.

But I just realised I should run that kind of thing by the party, too, since it wouldn't be fair to impose restrictions on you without your permission as well.

I just thought that since she's not going to be hurting anyone in the first place, that she could gain bonuses from doing so.

I know there's a way that it can work. You become more of a controller and a manipulator in the end, something like an illusionist or something without having to hurt them.

I wouldn't mind it, as long as it legitimately works well enough and doesn't cause us to go into crazy things like Vow of Poverty.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-30, 12:15 AM
I know there's a way that it can work. You become more of a controller and a manipulator in the end, something like an illusionist or something without having to hurt them.

I actually asked Rion if he cares if I update the Healer's spell list. A while back, he said he didn't mind if I ran every choice past him and picked only thematically appropriate spells, so I'm chugging away at that. I'll pack a couple of Non-Lethal Debuffs so long as a Cleric could cast them, along with Buffs, Healing, and Restoration Spells, and some random Utility Spells to be able to help out with stuff. I'm waiting for another response before I continue with it, and he has final say over any and every spell added, but if he approves this, I could help out quite a bit.

Still, nothing that dirrectly damages (unless it's undead or evil super affective, and even then it would have to be super biased against them), or anything instant kill or such related (although there are some spells that are tagged with [Evil] that can be used for good, like Deathwatch, and he didn't mind if I had that prepared) will be added.

I think there's actually a spell that lets you freeze someone who willingly surrenders to you in a pocket dimension, to be transported later. They can't be magically controlled or anything, though. Still, it works for my purposes. Get someone to surrender to you, before the fight and before they die, and if they accept, transport them into another dimension where they can't be harmed or aged or anything, until such time as they can be released to the authorities. If they don't, then I don't suffer and you're allowed to blow them up or turn them into goo.

Almost wish I could have considered the Spontaneous Divine Caster variant so I don't have to constantly prepare spells, though maybe taking Scribe Scroll and keeping multiple of such scrolls ready would be good.

I wouldn't mind it, as long as it legitimately works well enough and doesn't cause us to go into crazy things like Vow of Poverty.

I'm not even remotely touching Vow of Poverty. After when we first talked about this and I started thinking about Leadership, building a Shrine of Healing became a "wishful thinking" goal for Alex in character, and that kinda thing requires money to build and to maintain.

It's not much of a stretch for a Healer to take it, anyway. A class designed around helping heal people. The most threatening thing she has is her companions. Although adding everything I have going for her together does make her a bit of a Purity Sue, I like the idea of Alex swearing such a love for all living beings that she'd never harm anything.

TechnOkami
2012-03-30, 12:31 AM
That makes total sense. I decided not to touch Leadership, 'cause there's some really broken things I could have done as a Psion which are trollicious to the point that at appropriate levels I could be my own party.

I decided to go the route of "minion master" instead, making little constructs of DOOM to smite mine enemies with.

Also, I can be a Lich w/o being a Lich.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-30, 12:37 AM
That makes total sense. I decided not to touch Leadership, 'cause there's some really broken things I could have done as a Psion which are trollicious to the point that at appropriate levels I could be my own party.

I asked about it, just to satisfy my curiosity, and he gave me an emphatic -No-. Which I'm actually at peace with. Bossing others around like a Leader wouldn't really be right. She'd more likely be a cohort to someone else's leader, actually. Even as a Saint, humility and care, along with a plucky attitude to make up for her lack of experience, are what she brings.

I decided to go the route of "minion master" instead, making little constructs of DOOM to smite mine enemies with.

Is there any problem Sacrificing Minions can't solve? :smallamused:

Also, I can be a Lich w/o being a Lich.

... wait, what?

Overlord Rion
2012-03-30, 12:48 AM
Sorry it's taking me so long guys, I was redoing encounters as well as preparing for a convention this weekend. Will get a post up ASAP

TechnOkami
2012-03-30, 12:49 AM
Is there any problem Sacrificing Minions can't solve? :smallamused:

Yes: minion riots.

... wait, what?

Astral Seed (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/astralSeed.htm) 'yalls! Awwwwwww yeah!

Overlord Rion
2012-03-30, 12:52 AM
Oh god....I forgot about Astral Seed.

So glad that's so far away.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-30, 12:54 AM
Sorry it's taking me so long guys, I was redoing encounters as well as preparing for a convention this weekend. Will get a post up ASAP

Don't worry too much about it, so long as you don't just disappear and leave us hanging.

Yes: minion riots.

You should have more minions to throw at them.

Astral Seed (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/astralSeed.htm) 'yalls! Awwwwwww yeah!

That sounds painful and nauseating.

Oh god....I forgot about Astral Seed.

I hope I can forget about that.

Overlord Rion
2012-03-30, 01:03 AM
I have a convention to head to in a few hours, but I promise when I get back that I will try to get a post up.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-30, 01:08 AM
I have a convention to head to in a few hours, but I promise when I get back that I will try to get a post up.

Should i be waiting up for you by the time I get back from work (which now that I think about it, I should be asleep to wake up for soon)?

I'll probably see the answer in about 2 hours, since I'ma head off for the night. Have fun at your convention. See you guys later.

INoKnowNames
2012-04-02, 06:19 AM
I suppose my question has been invalidated.

On a random note, I FINALLY found a good picture of Alex! I searched forever for one, through Deviantart and Google and -everything-, and I -finally- found one that I feel looks -just- right for her appearance!

http://safebooru.org//images/791/0e74c60708b608fdeb62cc8dcb44e0bbcac096c1.png

Think it looks better than the one I have?

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j75/Darktigrisangel/My%20RP%20char%20pics/DD%20Chars/redhairmage.jpg

TechnOkami
2012-04-02, 10:11 AM
Yeah, it has that sort of peaceful-innocent look I would think you would want w/ her.

Also: how did we become friends, I'm curious...

INoKnowNames
2012-04-02, 02:03 PM
Yeah, it has that sort of peaceful-innocent look I would think you would want w/ her.

Yes, my search was worth it! And it is definitely so much more worth it after you've had to search for it for several... wait, what year is it? :smallconfused:

On a random note, NO ONE go to Danbooru. Your mind is not ready for it. I'm still scrubbing the brain bleach into my soul. :smalleek:

Also: how did we become friends, I'm curious...

Well, we both joined the game lobby and got accepted. Jokes were made back and forth, and a mutual respe-oh, you mean Alex and Cirophi.

Good question. I thought about it for a bit, and it seems like maybe a couple of random encounters with each other helped cement a bond between the two girls. I can see Halo scaring the camel and Cirophi defending it, and Alex stepping between the two parties (and healing all involved). A possible random meeting in town, in which Alex might gain the attention of some less-than-reputable people, could have our True Neutral with Goodish tendencies Cirophi aiding Alex, having recognized her on the way there.

Cirophi's ultimate goal is to rebuild her race, right? That certainly doesn't sound like it would be a bad thing to do. I see no reason for Alex to not want to aid her, at least until she received business from above to attend to.

How does that sound to you?

TechnOkami
2012-04-02, 02:23 PM
Danbooru? What's that?

Also, haha yeah, recruitment thread friends ftw!

On an IC note, that sounds doable. Also, it's less she's trying to rebuild her race and more like re-build the empire that fell apart so long ago. The people are there, she just needs to eventually raise a city from the sands and re-ignite her culture and empire, which obviously she will rule as a just fair and kind leader, with her eccentricities. Later Godhood.

Meantime, ADVENTURE!

INoKnowNames
2012-04-02, 02:33 PM
Danbooru? What's that?

Trust me. Forget I even said it. It's an image search website, but it is -NOT- safe for work your brain. At al. :smalleek:

Also, haha yeah, recruitment thread friends ftw!

:smallsmile:

On an IC note, that sounds doable. Also, it's less she's trying to rebuild her race and more like re-build the empire that fell apart so long ago. The people are there, she just needs to eventually raise a city from the sands and re-ignite her culture and empire, which obviously she will rule as a just fair and kind leader, with her eccentricities.

Sounds like fun!

Later Godhood.

If Cirophi became a god of good, Alex could pray to her! Wouldn't that be something.

Meantime, ADVENTURE!

Indeed! Hear Hear!

TechnOkami
2012-04-02, 02:38 PM
Eh, doubt the good part. She's trying to be a more legitimate and human deity of Psionics, 'cause all the other Psionic deities are all eldritch abominations and of the sort.

INoKnowNames
2012-04-02, 02:49 PM
Eh, doubt the good part. She's trying to be a more legitimate and human deity of Psionics, 'cause all the other Psionic deities are all eldritch abominations and of the sort.

Sounds good enough to me... even if she isn't specifically being altruistic, that sounds better than Cthulu...

INoKnowNames
2012-04-06, 02:31 PM
I'm surprised Succubus hasn't posted at all in character yet... we could be having a conversation while we wait for Rion to have Rurik act.

I'm also upset that I suddenly can't lurk and detect someone's latest posts...

TechnOkami
2012-04-06, 04:02 PM
Huh? What's with the lurkyness? Also, yeah, Succubus, post something! :P

INoKnowNames
2012-04-07, 06:15 PM
Huh? What's with the lurkyness? Also, yeah, Succubus, post something! :P

You know how you can click someone's name and get to a page hee showing info about them, and on that page is a link to where they've posted or threads they've opened? The posted/thread page doesn't want to admit me anymore. I'm tempted to ask a mod about it.

TechnOkami
2012-04-07, 06:17 PM
Huh... odd. I hope it gets fixed.

INoKnowNames
2012-04-07, 06:34 PM
Huh... odd. I hope it gets fixed.

Yeah, I don't know why it says I don't have permission. The account's certainly active, or else I wouldn't be able to post at all...

*edit* Actually, can any of you do that, too? Or is it just me? Because if it's blocked on you as well, then I think I know why.

Overlord Rion
2012-04-07, 09:44 PM
Nope, can't access it either.

TechnOkami
2012-04-07, 09:45 PM
Oh that! Yes, I've noticed I can't do that as well, and it's annoying when I try to re-subscribe to a thread I accidentally stop watching.

INoKnowNames
2012-04-07, 09:55 PM
Nope, can't access it either.

Oh that! Yes, I've noticed I can't do that as well, and it's annoying when I try to re-subscribe to a thread I accidentally stop watching.

So it's not me specifically being banned. I think they took down that search function to help with the issues going around here.

Annoying, but the 500 errors have stoped being as frequent.

INoKnowNames
2012-04-13, 02:45 PM
If you don't mind me asking (as well as double posting and flagrantly bumping this thread to the top of my subscribed threads), what are we waiting on beyond Succubus to post? It's been almost two weeks if I'm not mistaken...

..... Succubus did indeed post IC 2 days ago, and I somehow missed it because my favorites page didn't update. I have angry now!

TechnOkami
2012-04-13, 02:48 PM
People getting around to doing stuff, basically. :/

Oh, ok! *reading now*

INoKnowNames
2012-04-13, 03:33 PM
I've been feeling self concious about my posts recently. Did that sound good to you?

TechnOkami
2012-04-13, 03:39 PM
Well, you're playing a self-conscious character, so it all makes sense. :smalltongue:

But no, it sounded fine.

INoKnowNames
2012-04-13, 04:34 PM
Well, you're playing a self-conscious character, so it all makes sense. :smalltongue:

But no, it sounded fine.

Yay! That's good.

Although now I'm sad... since I just posted, unless Themmen wants to talk a bit more, we gotta wait until the next chance to post....

TechnOkami
2012-04-13, 06:23 PM
Well, yeah, but isn't that the nature of pbp games? Besides, I'm sure Succubus will post something until the GM responds and I get to town.

INoKnowNames
2012-04-13, 06:30 PM
Well, yeah, but isn't that the nature of pbp games?

It is, to an extent, but some people are active enough that you can easily get a post per day, if not sometimes more. My favorite game right now is that active. It probably helps that, including the Dm, there are 10 people involved, although some of them are sorta just hanging on at this point. Still, some are about as active as I am, and I can pretty much gurantee 1 post per day, if not more.

Besides, I'm sure Succubus will post something until the GM responds and I get to town.

The way I worded the ending of that post, I'm not sure if Alex left too much room to speak at that moment with Themmen... although we can at least get his response to her.

I can hardly wait for Rion to come back so we can see what Rurik wants! And then you get into town, too, which will be fun for more talky-talky.

TechnOkami
2012-04-13, 07:18 PM
True, though to be honest I really want Cirophi to throw bigger constructs at things.

The Succubus
2012-04-13, 08:32 PM
Achievement Unlocked: Make the party healer want to throw up.

TechnOkami
2012-04-13, 08:37 PM
Achievement Unlocked: Make the party healer want to throw up.:smallamused: we're only the best of friends *construct mauling in the background*.

INoKnowNames
2012-04-14, 01:47 PM
True, though to be honest I really want Cirophi to throw bigger constructs at things.

True, combat is good. Hopefully we'll get some undead action later on. Nothing like odd-things-from-beyond-that-look-normal-but-aren't to make killing completely guiltless.

Achievement Unlocked: Make the party healer want to throw up.

Oh please, that achievement is worth like 5 gamer points, not to mention being morally repugnant isn't the same as physically so. :smallyuk:

Besides, our barbarian friend had you Ninja'd in that department before he even started rolling. Poor Laendri.

:smallamused: we're only the best of friends *construct mauling in the background*.

I'm guessing it will be a given that Alex should do the talking when needed?

TechnOkami
2012-04-14, 04:02 PM
I'm guessing it will be a given that Alex should do the talking when needed?

Considering I'm focusing Int and not Cha? Yes, she should do the talking (unless we get a Cha focusing Barbarian whose going a fear-lockdown type of build).

Overlord Rion
2012-04-14, 11:55 PM
That would be hilarious. I'm starting to feel like a broken record for apologizing so much for not posting.

INoKnowNames
2012-04-15, 09:15 PM
Considering I'm focusing Int and not Cha? Yes, she should do the talking (unless we get a Cha focusing Barbarian whose going a fear-lockdown type of build).

Someone with at least somewhat decent mental stats can do the talking... I was just thinking, personality wise, that the construct-spammer should not open conversations with contrusts.

I don't usually anchor stats to personality or appearance myself. Although a friend did joke quite a bit over how each stat could represent a character's physical attributes... But those jokes would have been more appropriate with Laendri around.

That would be hilarious. I'm starting to feel like a broken record for apologizing so much for not posting.

Any chance you could provide a time frame on when you might be able to post?

TechnOkami
2012-04-15, 10:20 PM
Someone with at least somewhat decent mental stats can do the talking... I was just thinking, personality wise, that the construct-spammer should not open conversations with contrusts.

I don't usually anchor stats to personality or appearance myself. Although a friend did joke quite a bit over how each stat could represent a character's physical attributes... But those jokes would have been more appropriate with Laendri around.Well, of course Cirophi's not going to use constructs as her form of diplomacy! I mean, for an intimidation factor maybe, but she's not just going to summon several of them to wail on her enemies.

Also, Cha. in 3.5 is technically the stat for both physical appearance and personality strength.

Any chance you could provide a time frame on when you might be able to post?

I think I can answer that: when he can.

INoKnowNames
2012-04-15, 10:28 PM
Well, of course Cirophi's not going to use constructs as her form of diplomacy! I mean, for an intimidation factor maybe, but she's not just going to summon several of them to wail on her enemies.

I dunno... you can say a lot with physical contact. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0247.html)

Also, Cha. in 3.5 is technically the stat for both physical appearance and personality strength.

True, although not everyone likes it, since it's both a crutch and a limit. I won't talk about the latter. Too many conversations over it have been a bit annoying... I was thinking more about the former, and a friend's system for it. And each stat (mainly the physical, but Intelligence and Wisdom both get pull, too) apparently has a place to determine how your character looks (although the int value seems like a cop out to me).

I think I can answer that: when he can.

Christmas should be run like this. Rather than show up on a specific time, Santa should just show up when he wants to (or can, in this case), to deliver the presents. It makes them that much more satisfying... although being unable to wait for them makes the anxiety leading to them even greater...

TechnOkami
2012-04-15, 10:42 PM
True, although not everyone likes it, since it's both a crutch and a limit. I won't talk about the latter. Too many conversations over it have been a bit annoying... I was thinking more about the former, and a friend's system for it. And each stat (mainly the physical, but Intelligence and Wisdom both get pull, too) apparently has a place to determine how your character looks (although the int value seems like a cop out to me).

Oh no, I fully agree. That's why I like a game called Hackmaster. They have two stats, Charisma and Comeliness. Comeliness affects your charisma and represents how physically attractive you are while Charisma is how sociable and persuasive you can be. It's so nice to have that separation.

Christmas should be run like this. Rather than show up on a specific time, Santa should just show up when he wants to (or can, in this case), to deliver the presents. It makes them that much more satisfying... although being unable to wait for them makes the anxiety leading to them even greater...

I fully agree. ...I want Santa to just come out of nowhere and throw a sack of stuff at me...

Heh, it'd be funny, Santa comes on Dec. 31, then again on Jan. 1 :smallcool:

INoKnowNames
2012-04-15, 10:58 PM
Oh no, I fully agree. That's why I like a game called Hackmaster. They have two stats, Charisma and Comeliness. Comeliness affects your charisma and represents how physically attractive you are while Charisma is how sociable and persuasive you can be. It's so nice to have that separation.

There was an "appearance" stat (in a certain book that will not be named here) for appearance, with Charisma being just personality. I think that stat was what my friend was thinking about:

Strength would apparently go into muscle definition and size, gaining more muscle and increasing the cut of the muscles the more you have. Dexterity would determine the character's waistline ratio (inversely of course. It's not the norm for fat people to have 18+ Dex). Constitution would directly determine the character's hip ratio. Intelligence determines how sophistocated/proper/upperclass a character would appear (although this certainly doesn't hold up in real life. Nerds...). Wisdom determines how ... "enticing" someone seems (and considering how the senses are considered to be governed by Wisdom, I suppose that's not as much of a stretch. And Charisma apparently goes straight to the bustline, with a size increase for each positive modifier (and apparently, the negative modifiers means your character's chest caves inward).

Naturally, I hit him over the head with the book that must not be named (actually, there are quite a few of those books....).

I fully agree. ...I want Santa to just come out of nowhere and throw a sack of stuff at me...

....... I miss Laendri.

Heh, it'd be funny, Santa comes on Dec. 31, then again on Jan. 1 :smallcool:

If Rion was able to do that, it -would- be Christmas for me. However, Santa would probably have a rather big delay if he ever did that.

TechnOkami
2012-04-15, 11:06 PM
Strength would apparently go into muscle definition and size, gaining more muscle and increasing the cut of the muscles the more you have. Dexterity would determine the character's waistline ratio (inversely of course. It's not the norm for fat people to have 18+ Dex). Constitution would directly determine the character's hip ratio. Intelligence determines how sophistocated/proper/upperclass a character would appear (although this certainly doesn't hold up in real life. Nerds...). Wisdom determines how ... "enticing" someone seems (and considering how the senses are considered to be governed by Wisdom, I suppose that's not as much of a stretch. And Charisma apparently goes straight to the bustline, with a size increase for each positive modifier (and apparently, the negative modifiers means your character's chest caves inward).

Let me guess... Book of Erotic Fantasies?

....... I miss Laendri.

Yeah... he was fun... such an amusing guy.

INoKnowNames
2012-04-15, 11:12 PM
Let me guess... Book of Erotic Fantasies?

What makes you say that? It could be from the Quintisential Temptress, or from the Book of Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, or maybe from Nymphology.

People have way too much time on their hands.

Seriously though, you did guess where the appearance stat came from, but I think he made each regular stat meaning something on his own. I punched him in the face when he made jokes about how some of my characters looked, including Alex.

Yeah... he was fun... such an amusing guy.

I think The Rise is a Pretty Cool Guy. eh makes pervy jokes and can't afraid of his barbarian's dirty smelly fingers. Although I am.

TechnOkami
2012-04-15, 11:28 PM
Seriously though, you did guess where the appearance stat came from, but I think he made each regular stat meaning something on his own. I punched him in the face when he made jokes about how some of my characters looked, including Alex. Actually, I think that's really amusing, both the mechanic and his commentary. :smallcool:

I think The Rise is a Pretty Cool Guy. eh makes pervy jokes and can't afraid of his barbarian's dirty smelly fingers. Although I am.

Right, The Rise. Forgot about that. :smallbiggrin:

INoKnowNames
2012-04-15, 11:34 PM
Actually, I think that's really amusing, both the mechanic and his commentary. :smallcool:

Feel like comparing characters, then? :smallyuk::smallwink:

I still think it falls apart in some cases. Once you've gotten 30+ to a stat, how would that start to look? It might get a bit creepy after a while... and then there are some holes here and there...

Right, The Rise. Forgot about that. :smallbiggrin:

I think The Rise is a Pretty Cool Gal. esh summons constructs and cant afraid of opening doors.

TechnOkami
2012-04-16, 01:17 AM
Feel like comparing characters, then? :smallyuk::smallwink:

Naaah I'm good.

I think The Rise is a Pretty Cool Gal. esh summons constructs and cant afraid of opening doors.

Constructs are just the best. :smallcool:

Overlord Rion
2012-04-16, 02:51 AM
Starting when I wake up, I will endeavor to post at minimum once every two days. Need to actually have a work ethic.

TechnOkami
2012-04-16, 03:39 AM
Starting when I wake up, I will endeavor to post at minimum once every two days. Need to actually have a work ethic.

Well well, Christmas did come early. Thank you GM. :smallbiggrin:

INoKnowNames
2012-04-16, 09:25 AM
Naaah I'm good.

I'm almost tempted to make a dirty comment, but this thought process needs to come to an end.

Constructs are just the best. :smallcool:

They are, actually. Especially since they can actually be attacked by someone with a Vow of Peace. Constructs and Undead are the best. Targets.

I think The Rise is a Pretty Cool Guy. eh posts a minimum once every two days And the Fandom Rejoiced.

Well well, Christmas did come early. Thank you GM. :smallbiggrin:

Like wise. I am -SO- eager for this game. I'm actually somewhat surprised. I usually find myself borderline scared of roleplaying, and much prefering actual combat or other action orientedness. Yet I have been super ready to play Alex for quite some time.

TechnOkami
2012-04-16, 09:54 AM
They are, actually. Especially since they can actually be attacked by someone with a Vow of Peace. Constructs and Undead are the best. Targets.

Eew! Mah constructs!

Like wise. I am -SO- eager for this game. I'm actually somewhat surprised. I usually find myself borderline scared of roleplaying, and much prefering actual combat or other action orientedness. Yet I have been super ready to play Alex for quite some time.

Huh, interesting. I have been really itching to see where the roleplay's going to take Cirophi, and, of course, combat is fun. ...I guess this means that by all technicalities I'm "tanking". Constructs and all, I mean...

INoKnowNames
2012-04-16, 09:59 AM
Eew! Mah constructs!

We could totally get exp from practice battles! :smallbiggrin:

Huh, interesting. I have been really itching to see where the roleplay's going to take Cirophi, and, of course, combat is fun. ...I guess this means that by all technicalities I'm "tanking". Constructs and all, I mean...

I bet Themmen could summon stuff too, if he wanted. But yeah, since we're all of average bulk, we might want to avoid hand to hand combat. So summon your constructs!

Although Halo could help there. I've actually been meaning to make him a character sheet, actually, since he gains feats and a couple of abilities over time as a Wild Cohort.

TechnOkami
2012-04-16, 10:06 AM
We could totally get exp from practice battles! :smallbiggrin:

I'll give them the abilities of flight and high dexterity. Then it really will be practice! Not really though... they're immune to magic, so they can't be hit. :/

I bet Themmen could summon stuff too, if he wanted. But yeah, since we're all of average bulk, we might want to avoid hand to hand combat. So summon your constructs!

Well, obviously. :D

Overlord Rion
2012-04-18, 12:52 AM
Post has been made, so fire away with your questions. Also, there are a few...I guess homebrew is the right word, gods. I will put them up in the first post fairly soon. There aren't many though, so it's all good.

INoKnowNames
2012-04-18, 08:00 AM
I'll give them the abilities of flight and high dexterity. Then it really will be practice! Not really though... they're immune to magic, so they can't be hit. :/

Are they immune to everything? Or just to magic? Constructs suddenly seem weird... I was thinking you summoned puddle people, but it sounds like they just kinda exist for one attack and then disappear...

Post has been made, so fire away with your questions. Also, there are a few...I guess homebrew is the right word, gods. I will put them up in the first post fairly soon. There aren't many though, so it's all good.

So long as the gods are good, that's all that really matters to me.

Before I post, I want to ask: basically, everyone's in the same area now?

TechnOkami
2012-04-18, 12:08 PM
Are they immune to everything? Or just to magic? Constructs suddenly seem weird... I was thinking you summoned puddle people, but it sounds like they just kinda exist for one attack and then disappear...

Ok, it's actually not immune to magic... BUT:

An astral construct has immunity to poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, necromancy effects, mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects), and any effect that requires a Fortitude save unless it also works on objects or is harmless. It is not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, or energy drain. It cannot heal damage, but it can be repaired.
It isn't immune, but it practically is (almost). :smalltongue:

Before I post, I want to ask: basically, everyone's in the same area now?

Yep! *continues petting the bronze horse*

INoKnowNames
2012-04-18, 08:54 PM
Took me far too long than I expected to post that.

Ok, it's actually not immune to magic... BUT:

[Insert quote that it is basically immune to everything]

It isn't immune, but it practically is (almost). :smalltongue:

Still, if Rion doesn't mind if I pick one or two of the dirrect damage spells that are specifically good aligned and god based, that are used mainly against undead or evil people for more effectiveness, I could still grind on your constructs.

If not, we could pretend we're playing with Mons.

Succubus, that was a cute post. I like the dynamic betweeThemman and Cord a lot. I can tell who our comedic relief character certainly will be.

INoKnowNames
2012-04-22, 07:48 PM
I'm totally gonna get killed for double posting. But I gotta ask;

Succubus, why you no post frequently in OOC?

http://www.titaniumteddybear.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/wat-why-you-no-face.png

Overlord Rion
2012-04-23, 07:53 PM
Better question would be why I don't post frequently at all. Whoops.

INoKnowNames
2012-04-23, 08:17 PM
Better question would be why I don't post frequently at all. Whoops.

If I beat a Dead Horse, would I lose Vow of Peace? :smalltongue:

Reposting to see if I can get it to show up, since it doesn't acknowledge in my updates that it did. And there we go.

Now that you've lampshaded it, hasn't it been a week since a post every 2 days?

It's like waiting for your favorite webcomic to update...

Overlord Rion
2012-04-26, 11:17 PM
People keep knocking on my door. I believe today it happened like seven times. And today was the slow day.

Working on post right now. Sorry for being like a webcomic.

INoKnowNames
2012-04-26, 11:23 PM
People keep knocking on my door. I believe today it happened like seven times. And today was the slow day.

Working on post right now. Sorry for being like a webcomic.

Hey, I've had 2 games fall out, and I may need to nudge another one back to life. Don't worry about it.

TechnOkami
2012-04-27, 12:22 AM
Hey, I've had 2 games fall out, and I may need to nudge another one back to life. Don't worry about it.

If by nudge you mean high-intensity surgery.

Scalpel, sponge, magic wand, CLEAR!

INoKnowNames
2012-04-27, 12:34 AM
If by nudge you mean high-intensity surgery.

Scalpel, sponge, magic wand, CLEAR!

Screw that. I'm just going to beat on it until I get results or get tired.
Heh heh. Giggity.
The Power Gamer in me would all but -kill- to get a bonus feat. I suppose I should just keep trying to survive my work for now...

How was that for a post, if you don't mind my asking?

Also, I'd really like to know if we can only post one time per DM Post or if we can roleplay with each other. Because I'm not sure if I should be trying to fix up a response to Themman or not.

... and I may be confused. I'm under the assumption that the town we are in right now is being attacked by basically Barbarians. But there's another kingdom nearby that's living off of Necromancy that Alex has been requested, by Mom, to deal with. Alex would then be conflicted between helping the people here or moving on to see what she is expected to do concerning the undead.

How wrong is this?

Overlord Rion
2012-04-29, 01:18 AM
Did I actually get asked whether I limit your roleplaying?

Oh hell naw, roleplay your heart out, because if you don't I'm just going to beat you until you do.

And to clarify, the horde is actually more like a mercenary group. They were basically hired to get bodies and make it look like a normal attack.

TechnOkami
2012-04-29, 01:31 AM
Oh hell naw, roleplay your heart out, because if you don't I'm just going to beat you until you do.

I like this GM all the more. :smallamused:

Also, I think we should outbid the mercenary force by giving them the necromancy kingdom once we destroy them, with the condition that they can't attack this settlement or restart the necromantic empire-thing.

TechnOkami
2012-05-03, 05:52 PM
So, how is everybody doing on this fine day?

INoKnowNames
2012-05-03, 06:07 PM
So, how is everybody doing on this fine day?

Coulda sworn I had the last post in the OOC for a while.

I'm fine, except that I've had to go to work form 6 Am to 2 PM, every day this week, along with dealing with Final Exams...

TechnOkami
2012-05-03, 07:24 PM
Coulda sworn I had the last post in the OOC for a while.

I'm fine, except that I've had to go to work form 6 Am to 2 PM, every day this week, along with dealing with Final Exams...

Excellent Mr. Renfield, excellent...

INoKnowNames
2012-05-03, 07:44 PM
Excellent Mr. Renfield, excellent...

I tried googling that, but the importance of it is lost on me.

TechnOkami
2012-05-03, 11:30 PM
I tried googling that, but the importance of it is lost on me.

Old black n' white Dracula w/ good 'ol Bela Lugosi, Renfield (or however you spell it) was Dracula's thrall, kind of. He was the madman in the madhouse who pointed to the obvious, and only Van Helsing believed him...

~sigh~ Such a pity...

INoKnowNames
2012-05-03, 11:32 PM
Old black n' white Dracula w/ good 'ol Bela Lugosi, Renfield (or however you spell it) was Dracula's thrall, kind of. He was the madman in the madhouse who pointed to the obvious, and only Van Helsing believed him...

~sigh~ Such a pity...

Yeesh, I still basically have no clue what you mean. I had a joy pad shoved up my nose the earliest opportunity I could have possibly seen something -THAT- old...

TechnOkami
2012-05-04, 03:09 AM
Yeesh, I still basically have no clue what you mean. I had a joy pad shoved up my nose the earliest opportunity I could have possibly seen something -THAT- old...

Eh, It's something I say when I try to sound devious or "everything is going as planned..."...

It's a habit of mine. :smallamused:

And joy pad up the nose? That sounds painful...

INoKnowNames
2012-05-04, 04:28 AM
Eh, It's something I say when I try to sound devious or "everything is going as planned..."...

It's a habit of mine. :smallamused:

Cool Beans, Light Yagami.

And joy pad up the nose? That sounds painful...

Eh, I was just being random with my description. I've been raised on Video Games. Most of my popular y first memories of entertainment are rooted in the Super Nintendo.

Overlord Rion
2012-05-04, 11:35 AM
Yes, final exams are *******s to be sure...yes...

And then the summer sessions, yes....

Financial aid guys better be glad I have no gun.

INoKnowNames
2012-05-04, 04:34 PM
Yes, final exams are *******s to be sure...yes...

And then the summer sessions, yes....

I know what you mean there. Hopefully you're not like me, and actually have a dirrection to head in.

Financial aid guys better be glad I have no gun.

I say the same thing about the people at my job. Although at this point, I may practice Improved Unarmed Combat and just start snaping some necks.

TechnOkami
2012-05-04, 06:23 PM
I know what you mean there. Hopefully you're not like me, and actually have a dirrection to head in.

This has been the biggest most annoying wall of my life. I haven't a clue where I want to take it or what I want to do.

Overlord Rion
2012-05-09, 12:18 AM
There go, post in the IC, and solved the problem with three squishies.

TechnOkami
2012-05-09, 12:29 AM
I'd say Christmas has arrived again, but it's not July yet.

The Succubus
2012-05-09, 03:57 AM
And now we follow the Yellow Brick Road to Oz, except the road is made out of reanimated corpses and none of the witches like us.

INoKnowNames
2012-05-09, 08:08 AM
I'd say Christmas has arrived again, but it's not July yet.

Let's make a chart of how long it takes for his responses past the 1st week, and see if we can create some kind of understanding of this irrational phenomena!

There go, post in the IC, and solved the problem with three squishies.

The only reason I haven't posted yet is because I'm not sure if I want to make a joke about Alex being Squishy or not. Because there's quite a few responses that could be made there. Obligatory "I'm not fat" remark, selfconcious "I'm not squishy..." remark about her body type, innocent/confused "what's a squishy"? question... or she could just stay on track.

And now we follow the Yellow Brick Road to Oz, except the road is made out of reanimated corpses and none of the witches like us.

.... That is actually entirely plausable within the basic Wizard of Oz. (http://www.cracked.com/article_18881_5-reasons-greatest-movie-villain-ever-good-witch.html)

TechnOkami
2012-05-19, 10:32 AM
~yawn~ I hate getting up early...

*poke poke* We all still here?

INoKnowNames
2012-05-19, 10:58 AM
~yawn~ I hate getting up early...

*poke poke* We all still here?

I have been working since 6 Am. :p

No chance of me disappearing.

TechnOkami
2012-05-19, 11:17 AM
I have been working since 6 Am. :p

No chance of me disappearing.

@[email protected]

How do you remain sane...

INoKnowNames
2012-05-19, 11:55 AM
@[email protected]

How do you remain sane...

Sanity?

http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/11/81673.jpg

Who needs a thing like that?

TechnOkami
2012-05-19, 01:32 PM
Sanity?

http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/11/81673.jpg

Who needs a thing like that?

And of course you bring out my favorite character from Bleach...

Of course I'm being too logical 'bout this, forced to be sane and linear.. I need to embrace my chaotic side more. Let me correct my statement:

How do you remain coherent enough to be insane?

INoKnowNames
2012-05-20, 04:29 PM
And of course you bring out my favorite character from Bleach...

Of course I'm being too logical 'bout this, forced to be sane and linear.. I need to embrace my chaotic side more. Let me correct my statement:

How do you remain coherent enough to be insane?

Eh... it's a day by day process, really. Ultimately, it just means I'm part vampire.

I'd go into more details, but I gotta go to work right now, actually.

Thinking about it, I don't think I'm actually insane. My mind doesn't really suffer from the combination of work and school, even if I have to miss sleeping a couple of times a day. Really, my body takes more strain than anything else.

Like right now. I feel like freaking ground beef.

Should I post again in the IC, just to respond to Cirophi? And I wonder if The Succubus might weigh in Themman's thoughts on the matter... not like we've got much else to do while waiting for a bit.

Reposting because of Stupid Forum Errors in showing that I posted.

TechnOkami
2012-05-20, 05:40 PM
Ya could if you wanted to, I don't mind particularly either way, I only wish the GM would respond q-q

Overlord Rion
2012-05-23, 02:59 PM
I...uh, seriously underestimated how college summer sessions worked.

INoKnowNames
2012-05-23, 03:15 PM

That sounds like it could be both hilarious and depressing. You okay?

TechnOkami
2012-05-23, 03:18 PM
That sounds like it could be both hilarious and depressing. You okay?

I think he's saying he's still pressed for time.

INoKnowNames
2012-05-23, 07:56 PM
I think he's saying he's still pressed for time.

It also sounds like "Famous Last Words", so to speak. But hopefully that isn't the case. Just pressed for time isn't bad.

TechnOkami
2012-05-23, 08:14 PM
It also sounds like "Famous Last Words", so to speak. But hopefully that isn't the case. Just pressed for time isn't bad.

Eh, the GM's been pretty good about showing up at random, I don't think it'll end on a dime.

INoKnowNames
2012-05-23, 08:19 PM
Eh, the GM's been pretty good about showing up at random, I don't think it'll end on a dime.

Oh, no, not the game. Just in general.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That sounds like there's an interesting, if not at least painful, story behind it.

TechnOkami
2012-05-23, 08:31 PM
Oh, no, not the game. Just in general.

That sounds like there's an interesting, if not at least painful, story behind it.

True... I'd say it's an amusing story and call it a day. :smallbiggrin:

Overlord Rion
2012-05-24, 09:16 AM
To explain how my summer sessions is going, I simply say this: Statistics 2 hours a ay 5 days a week.

That is all.

INoKnowNames
2012-05-24, 09:18 AM
To explain how my summer sessions is going, I simply say this: Statistics 2 hours a ay 5 days a week.

That is all.

Oh dear ever loving God! :smalleek:

TechnOkami
2012-05-24, 01:28 PM

That is all.

Good God man, why do you torture yourself!??! I hate math q-q

Overlord Rion
2012-05-29, 01:10 PM
Why do I do this to myself?

Because I require credits. Delicious credits. Also working on post in the IC if you guys haven't gotten fed up with my posting habits.

INoKnowNames
2012-05-29, 01:30 PM
Why do I do this to myself?

Because I require credits. Delicious credits.

College is probably more taxing than the stuff you're learning to do...

Also working on post in the IC if you guys haven't gotten fed up with my posting habits.

So many games are just droping right now. The fact that you still try to stay in is fine with me.

The Succubus
2012-05-30, 05:45 AM
Still trapped in Denmark at the moment won't be able to post til Saturday evening at latest - typed from phone.

INoKnowNames
2012-05-30, 04:35 PM
Still trapped in Denmark at the moment won't be able to post til Saturday evening at latest - typed from phone.

Hm.... in that case, I'll wait a bit. I want to hear another amusing remark from Cord.

Overlord Rion
2012-06-05, 06:29 PM
So...are we dead now?

Overlord Rion
2012-06-05, 06:31 PM
So...are we dead now?

INoKnowNames
2012-06-05, 07:49 PM
So...are we dead now?

I've just been waiting for The Succubus... I feel bad whenever I overtake the people who initially requested the game.

TechnOkami
2012-06-05, 08:02 PM
I, on the other hand, was trying to get Cirophi to say something, but she didn't want to, for whatever reason.

So I'm letting other people take the reigns for once.

The Succubus
2012-06-06, 08:35 AM
Bleh.

I'm really sorry for keeping you all waiting with the posts - I just broke up with my gf of 2 years and my brain hasn't been operating at peak efficiency as a result.

Slowly returning back to normal - there's a new short post up.

INoKnowNames
2012-06-06, 08:42 AM
I, on the other hand, was trying to get Cirophi to say something, but she didn't want to, for whatever reason.

I don't think I fully comprehend this...

Bleh.

I'm really sorry for keeping you all waiting with the posts - I just broke up with my gf-

Dang... don't even worry about it. I'm sorry for you.

The Succubus
2012-06-06, 09:16 AM
I don't think I fully comprehend this...

It's quite simple. TechOkami doesn't exist - Cirophi is sending her constructs through the fourth wall to type out details of her adventures in something so meta it makes the universe implode.

Clearer now?

INoKnowNames
2012-06-06, 09:32 AM
It's quite simple. TechOkami doesn't exist - Cirophi is sending her constructs through the fourth wall to type out details of her adventures in something so meta it makes the universe implode.

Clearer now?

http://www.reclusland.com/compass/wp-content/uploads/HLIC/fd2140ebc47fed75f7f18b8cd0566adb.jpg

TechnOkami
2012-06-06, 09:49 AM
Oh shush you two. :smalltongue:

Um, no. To explain, I literally pit Cirophi in the moment that stuff is going on, and if she herself, personality wise/character wise/in my head says stuff, it usually goes onto the Forum. This time around, she was quiet for whatever reason. Usually she's quite the chatterbox.

And I'm sorry Succubus, I hope things turn out well.

Anywho, I have been up for far too many hours (pulled an all-nighter getting an art project done and some German homework done), and unfortunately I will not be able to sleep for I have my German class in roughly 2 hours. Then my art class @ 2 pm, where I'm gonna walk in, drop off the project, and if I can, walk right out.

INoKnowNames
2012-06-07, 07:41 AM
Oh shush you two. :smalltongue:

Um, no. To explain, I literally pit Cirophi in the moment that stuff is going on, and if she herself, personality wise/character wise/in my head says stuff, it usually goes onto the Forum. This time around, she was quiet for whatever reason. Usually she's quite the chatterbox.

So, what you're saying, is that you've got multiple personality disorder, and the personality that would have responded here decided to be quiet?

If not, I need to gather up the pieces of my head and put it back together so it can explode again.

And I'm sorry Succubus, I hope things turn out well.

Likewise, man.

Anywho, I have been up for far too many hours (pulled an all-nighter getting an art project done and some German homework done), and unfortunately I will not be able to sleep for I have my German class in roughly 2 hours. Then my art class @ 2 pm, where I'm gonna walk in, drop off the project, and if I can, walk right out.

..... Hey, I made that Fortitude Save! ..... and there's still blood coming out of my ears.

Speaking of which, I got my butt handed to me yesterday by my personal trainer, and was in no way capable of doing anything but being hurt. Sorry about the delay.

TechnOkami
2012-06-07, 08:54 AM
So, what you're saying, is that you've got multiple personality disorder, and the personality that would have responded here decided to be quiet?

If not, I need to gather up the pieces of my head and put it back together so it can explode again.

Eh... no (explosion.jpg), I don't have multi-personality disorder (unless if you consider me changing my vocal ranges to that of a chibi when I am in the face of extremely nostalgic moments or moments of extreme happiness to be a change of personality). It's more like their personality is written on a sheet of paper, and I use the paper as a guide to how they would act in various situations.

It's complicated to say the least, but not debilitating. :smallbiggrin:

INoKnowNames
2012-06-07, 09:03 AM
Eh... no (explosion.jpg)

*beepbeepbeepbeepbeep*WTF-*boom*

I don't have multi-personality disorder. It's more like their personality is written on a sheet of paper, and I use the paper as a guide to how they would act in various situations.

It's complicated to say the least, but not debilitating. :smallbiggrin:

Eh. I overcomplicated my Q. Simply that you have different mindsets for how your character might respond, and that mindset was simply being silent for now.

(unless if you consider me changing my vocal ranges to that of a chibi when I am in the face of extremely nostalgic moments or moments of extreme happiness to be a change of personality)

So, Squee? (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Squee)

TechnOkami
2012-06-07, 09:26 AM
*beepbeepbeepbeepbeep*WTF-*boom*

Now the plan is complete, MWAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!

Eh. I overcomplicated my Q. Simply that you have different mindsets for how your character might respond, and that mindset was simply being silent for now.

Yes, that's it.

So, Squee? (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Squee)

Ehrum... I don't think I can go to a high enough pitch for it to be called a squee... so I just call it going chibi.

INoKnowNames
2012-06-08, 12:00 PM
Now the plan is complete, MWAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!

YOU FIE-*boom*

Yes, that's it.

Ah, I see. *boom*

Ehrum... I don't think I can go to a high enough pitch for it to be called a squee... so I just call it going chibi.

.... there's a difference?

TechnOkami
2012-06-08, 12:26 PM
.... there's a difference?

I always thought there was...

INoKnowNames
2012-06-08, 12:37 PM
I always thought there was...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a3/Explosion1.JPG/250px-Explosion1.JPG

Overlord Rion
2012-06-08, 01:19 PM
This amuses me greatly.

TechnOkami
2012-06-08, 01:42 PM
Stop blowing up! Do you know how many minions I go through per explosion? Sheesh...

INoKnowNames
2012-06-13, 09:12 PM
Stop blowing up! Do you know how many minions I go through per explosion? Sheesh...

I just realised I was supposed to have responded to this.

http://dealbreaker.com/_old/images/entries/implosion.jpg

TechnOkami
2012-06-13, 10:04 PM
I just realised I was supposed to have responded to this.

http://dealbreaker.com/_old/images/entries/implosion.jpg

Cirophi chuckles awkwardly.

"Heh, heheh, I can fix that..."

INoKnowNames
2012-06-13, 10:05 PM
Cirophi chuckles awkwardly.

"Heh, heheh, I can fix that..."

Leveling the rest of the place, as well as the civilians, does not count as "Fixing it."

TechnOkami
2012-06-13, 10:10 PM
Leveling the rest of the place, as well as the civilians, does not count as "Fixing it."

"Wai- wha? No! The people here are alive, just their home is a little... i-i'll fix it, really!"

INoKnowNames
2012-06-13, 10:27 PM
"Wai- wha? No! The people here are alive, just their home is a little... i-i'll fix it, really!"

Yeah... we might need to have Alex get some Diamonds....

Overlord Rion
2012-06-14, 11:49 AM
Good news for you guys is that I only have one more week of summer session.

Bad news is I have another one right after it.

But more good news is that it should be easier than this one.

TechnOkami
2012-06-14, 12:26 PM
Woo, 'mo RP!

Overlord Rion
2012-06-14, 12:48 PM
Everyone cool with a fast-forward now? I don't want to fast forward and quash any potential character development.

INoKnowNames
2012-06-14, 01:44 PM
Everyone cool with a fast-forward now? I don't want to fast forward and quash any potential character development.

If Themman has no response to Alex's comments, then I'm good.

The Succubus
2012-06-14, 02:24 PM
Onwards to adventure and horrible horrible TPKs!

TechnOkami
2012-06-14, 04:11 PM
Onwards to adventure and horrible horrible TPKs!

I'd rather die before tha-oh wait...

P.S. No complaints here, onwards with the Plot Train!

Overlord Rion
2012-06-23, 08:02 PM
Right, well, it took a while. But I finally have time to work now. I actually a whole week off class before the second session starts.

Time to try and post.

INoKnowNames
2012-06-24, 07:24 PM
Right, well, it took a while. But I finally have time to work now. I actually a whole week off class before the second session starts.

Time to try and post.

http://flowingdata.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/yoda-625x468.jpg

Seriously though, good luck, both for posting and your next session, and I hope you enjoy your week off.

TechnOkami
2012-06-24, 07:31 PM
I personally disagree with Yoda's philosophy, but hey, that's just me.

INoKnowNames
2012-06-24, 07:36 PM
I personally disagree with Yoda's philosophy, but hey, that's just me.

As well, I do. But his speech paterns, I enjoy. And deny his badass, you can not.

TechnOkami
2012-06-24, 08:38 PM
As well, I do. But his speech paterns, I enjoy. And deny his badass, you can not.

True, true. But the again I also disagree with the Jedi/Sith philosophies of the force. They're WAY too extreme.

INoKnowNames
2012-06-24, 08:50 PM
True, true. But the again I also disagree with the Jedi/Sith philosophies of the force. They're WAY too extreme.

I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHER FRACKIN' SITH ON THIS MOTHER FRACKIN' GALAXY!

Overlord Rion
2012-06-24, 08:59 PM
Taking the Sith and Jedi philosophies together end up with something like....

>Through controlled emotions I find peace

>Through knowledge I find strength

>Through serenity I find victory

>Through harmony I will find the force

>Through death I will be free

TechnOkami
2012-06-24, 09:01 PM
o-O"

Even the middle road sounds terrible...

INoKnowNames
2012-06-24, 09:34 PM
Taking the Sith and Jedi philosophies together end up with something like....

>Through controlled emotions I find peace

>Through knowledge I find strength

>Through serenity I find victory

>Through harmony I will find the force

>Through death I will be free

That sounds like something a Boss would say.

o-O"

Even the middle road sounds terrible...

And this is why I drive on the sidewalks. Of life.

Overlord Rion
2012-06-24, 11:01 PM
You will shortly be meeting a boss.

Oh god he's going to be enjoyable as hell to play.

EDIT: Posted. A fairly large one. Enjoy shopping.

TechnOkami
2012-06-25, 12:22 AM
A crit? A crit. That was such a crit.

GM, WHAT DO I SEE WITH MINE PSIONIC EYES?!?!

P.S. I actually do know what I want to buy: a Cognizance Crystal. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/cognizanceCrystals.htm)

The Succubus
2012-06-25, 07:36 AM
Another post from Cord and his wizard familiar.

New spells for the day:

Comprehend Languages
Identify
And the ever useful Colour Spray

Remind me - do I need to set my 0-level spells as well or can I just pick them as I want?

INoKnowNames
2012-06-25, 11:07 AM
Remind me - do I need to set my 0-level spells as well or can I just pick them as I want?

I was typing a response to this question, but then my brain died. I'm pretty sure we have to prepare all of our spell slots, including for Cantrips/Orisons. Hopefully that answers your question.

.... Which reminds me, I got my own spells back.

Overlord Rion
2012-06-25, 12:19 PM
You know, I really like Pathfinder's way to deal with cantrips. You prepare the, but they aren't expended when you use them

Yeah, as of now, we're using that.

INoKnowNames
2012-06-25, 12:23 PM
You know, I really like Pathfinder's way to deal with cantrips. You prepare the, but they aren't expended when you use them

Yeah, as of now, we're using that.

Does this apply to Orisons as well?

Overlord Rion
2012-06-25, 12:50 PM
Yep. HAve at it!

TechnOkami
2012-06-25, 01:03 PM
...curses... Psionics doesn't have cantrips.

Overlord Rion
2012-06-25, 01:20 PM
However, with careful usage of PP, you could feasibly just outlast the Wizard.

Maybe not a Cleric though, with Divine Metamagic and all.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, I'm going with a more cinematic approach to leveling up. Which means soon. Soon you shall level.

INoKnowNames
2012-06-25, 02:50 PM
However, with careful usage of PP, you could feasibly just outlast the Wizard.

On a random note, I wonder if it's possible to never run out of magic/psionic generating ability. Maybe be able to gain more energy somehow..

Maybe not a Cleric though, with Divine Metamagic and all.

Eh. Seems kinda hard to gain enough uses of it without just being cheesy..

EDIT: Oh, by the way, I'm going with a more cinematic approach to leveling up. Which means soon. Soon you shall level.

I was actually going to ask about us gaining a level up during the Time Skip, since that's totally how it works. :p

Overlord Rion
2012-06-25, 02:58 PM
Nor particularly. Granted, a Normal human could start pulling off Persisted spells at level 6..., but he doesn't really have anything else to offer besides...

...being a cleric.

Right, now I remember why the only Clerics I play are Kobolds. Because Kobolds are fantastic.

Overlord Rion
2012-06-28, 12:00 AM
Oh, I shoulda mentioned. Everyone feel free to roleplay out the shopping scenes. I know Cirophi is grabbing a Cognizance Crystal (the one she's able to afford anyway) and by the way, I can use rules for the upgrading of magic items and such.

You other two, go right ahead and roleplay it out. The city is generally speaking, efficient in it's usage of space. Nothing is to be wanted from space anyway, but you get the idea.

INoKnowNames
2012-06-28, 02:42 PM
Honestly, I need to do some research now... I'm really not sure what I'd spend that money on right now... Except for maybe some food for everyone, Alex would probably save it. Or donate it.

The Succubus
2012-06-28, 04:03 PM
Well, given that Themman isn't going with Cord's plan to buy Mount Eyeball, I could use a few suggestions on what would be appropriate items for me. >.>