PDA

View Full Version : The Rise (OOC)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Overlord Rion
2012-06-28, 05:14 PM
Hmm, I can think of something that's always useful. A Handy Haversack. Costs 2000, but if you guys are working together, plus haggling equals maybe some money left over.

TechnOkami
2012-06-28, 05:16 PM
Hmm, I can think of something that's always useful. A Handy Haversack. Costs 2000, but if you guys are working together, plus haggling equals maybe some money left over.

Oh man... it's like a bag of holding on steroids. Anywho, I have no money, because my crystal costs exactly 100 Plat pieces.

Overlord Rion
2012-06-28, 05:19 PM
This of course assumes some haggling doesn't take place.

INoKnowNames
2012-06-28, 08:56 PM
Well, given that Themman isn't going with Cord's plan to buy Mount Eyeball, I could use a few suggestions on what would be appropriate items for me. >.>

It stinks that most of the awesome items in the game still cost an arm and a leg... but the Wizard could purchase new spells to add to his spellbook, at least.

I kinda wish I had access to Turn Undead, actually. Being a subvariety of cleric would definitely give me a hundred ideas on what I want to purchase in the future. And I'd be a Necromancer's worst nightmare if I could make his minions litterally burn... but that's not very Healer-y...

If I wasn't using Halo as a mule right now, I'd be upset that I hadn't thought of that first....

Oh man... it's like a bag of holding on steroids. Anywho, I have no money, because my crystal costs exactly 100 Plat pieces.

This of course assumes some haggling doesn't take place.

.... I forget, is anyone else maxing out both Charisma and Diplomacy? Or is it just me?

Granted, I'm not sure how she'd haggle in character...

"Can we have this for less than it normally costs?"
"No!"
"Please?"
"NO!"
"Pretty please?"
"D'aww... alright..."
"Yay! Thank you!"

I wonder about having more people in the party now... a warriorish type would definitely appreciate a Masterwork Weapon... and maybe we could invest in some armor ourselves...

Overlord Rion
2012-06-28, 09:26 PM
Well, you do have the babysitter Daven

INoKnowNames
2012-06-28, 10:08 PM
Well, you do have the babysitter Daven

True, but I'd expect him, as an NPC, to be decked out in the best equipment possible anyway.

Overlord Rion
2012-06-28, 10:35 PM
Oh that's funny. You think Daven has access to money.

Man, that greatsword of his isn't even masterwork. Hell, it ain't even sharp.

INoKnowNames
2012-06-28, 10:46 PM
Oh that's funny. You think Daven has access to money.

Man, that greatsword of his isn't even masterwork. Hell, it ain't even sharp.

...... Is it still a greatsword? Or a greatclub?

You'd think a brother wouldn't send a brother into battle without at least being armed decently...

Overlord Rion
2012-06-28, 10:51 PM
Daven's sword....he kinda wills the thing through stuff. He doesn't slice so much as tear through it.

Also, Daven's 18 STR vs Rurik's 13 would like a word with you.

INoKnowNames
2012-06-28, 11:31 PM
Daven's sword....he kinda wills the thing through stuff. He doesn't slice so much as tear through it.

.... That sounds so cool...

Also, Daven's 18 STR vs Rurik's 13 would like a word with you.

Hey, I've got Str! Okay, no I don't. Don't make fun of my skinny stick arms.

Overlord Rion
2012-06-28, 11:37 PM
Technically, I suppose Daven's sword is supposed to do bludgeoning damage.

But this way it's more fun.

Overlord Rion
2012-06-28, 11:38 PM

TechnOkami
2012-06-29, 02:19 AM
Heh, I'm focusing int and nothing else. That is one character type we never did get though: a face.

Overlord Rion
2012-06-29, 08:53 AM
Considering the Cha involved in being a healer and generally a good person, I figured it would be Alex.

And just because Alex can't haggle doesn't mean others can't assist.

INoKnowNames
2012-06-29, 10:17 AM

Oh, most definitely. Nothing like internal bleeding and driving people into the dirt like living nails for a good time.

Heh, I'm focusing int and nothing else. That is one character type we never did get though: a face.

Technically, we never got a Trap Finder or a Sneaky Type either. And depending on how You and Themman use your abilities, we might have room for an additional Arcane Caster, be it Buffs, Utility, or Blasting.

Heck, depending on what Daven is like, we could have room for another Melee Beat-stick, Extra Thick to Tank or Super Hard to Damage. And since Alex is most definitely a Healer, a Cleric for the sake of combat might also be useful.

There's a lot this party could use. But I'm sure we'll be fine. We don't need everything.

Considering the Cha involved in being a healer and generally a good person, I figured it would be Alex.

She won't be Bluffing or Intimidating her way out of a paper bag... though if you don't mind Diplomancy, a sweet smile and manners might be enough to be useful.

And just because Alex can't haggle doesn't mean others can't assist.

Cord can help! If not, nothing like a show of Arcane/Psionic Force to get your point across....

Overlord Rion
2012-06-29, 12:20 PM
Once you guys get to level 2 and a legitimate battle happens, we'll see how it works.

TechnOkami
2012-06-29, 03:02 PM
Wait no, we have a trap finder: my constructs. We send them in first. :smallbiggrin:

INoKnowNames
2012-06-30, 02:25 PM
Once you guys get to level 2 and a legitimate battle happens, we'll see how it works.

.... I wonder if it would be wrong to purposely hope to roll bad dice in a fight to prompt the recruitment of more people for the sake of having a big party.

While I'm having fun with everyone here, I enjoy big groups.

.... not that I'm going to let everyone get killed just for what I want, goodness no.

Wait no, we have a trap finder: my constructs. We send them in first. :smallbiggrin:

..... why does -EVERYONE- recommend sending minions into traps? Am I the only person that appreciates the prepared players that deal with traps without requiring someone step into them!?!

TechnOkami
2012-06-30, 03:08 PM
..... why does -EVERYONE- recommend sending minions into traps? Am I the only person that appreciates the prepared players that deal with traps without requiring someone step into them!?!

I do appreciate the effort, but when you have a.) a player who has a chance of setting it off himself but a pretty good chance of stopping it, or b.) a minion who will simply set the trap off while the party is @ a safe distance with 100% accuracy and not having a trap behind us that the GM can simply use later and have potential ramifications? I mean, I do like the sneaky sneaky stabbity stab of a thief in terms of SNEAK ATTACK!!!!, but there's a better option for thievery, imo.

INoKnowNames
2012-06-30, 05:38 PM
I do appreciate the effort, but when you have a.) a player who has a chance of setting it off himself but a pretty good chance of stopping it, or b.) a minion who will simply set the trap off while the party is @ a safe distance with 100% accuracy and not having a trap behind us that the GM can simply use later and have potential ramifications? I mean, I do like the sneaky sneaky stabbity stab of a thief in terms of SNEAK ATTACK!!!!, but there's a better option for thievery, imo.

While I understand this, which is why I personally am not opposed to minions like this (and in character, if the constructs are created and destroyed only on the psionics, I don't see any reason for Alex to opposite either, even if it might be a bit scary), my biggest concern is how to determine if the traps may or may not be big enough that there isn't a practical safe distance without having to retreat back enough for it to be a nusiance, or such things like that. Seems like being able to beat and disable every trap that comes by is more safe.

TechnOkami
2012-06-30, 07:18 PM
While I understand this, which is why I personally am not opposed to minions like this (and in character, if the constructs are created and destroyed only on the psionics, I don't see any reason for Alex to opposite either, even if it might be a bit scary), my biggest concern is how to determine if the traps may or may not be big enough that there isn't a practical safe distance without having to retreat back enough for it to be a nusiance, or such things like that. Seems like being able to beat and disable every trap that comes by is more safe.

That's easy. Walk a distance back where there weren't any traps, send it in, if anything goes boom, you'll be safe (usually)!

INoKnowNames
2012-06-30, 07:29 PM
That's easy. Walk a distance back where there weren't any traps, send it in, if anything goes boom, you'll be safe (usually)!

Famous last thoughts? Still messed up if the trap affect is larger than the safe distance percieved. Or if it sets off other traps that were latant.

Also, do you -always- have Constructs walking 100 ft ahead of you? If not, how do you detect traps? And "with your hp going down" is not an acceptable answer.

Overlord Rion
2012-06-30, 11:41 PM
Uh....you know, I don't use traps in a traditional sense. I picked that trait up from my DM.

TechnOkami
2012-06-30, 11:54 PM
Uh....you know, I don't use traps in a traditional sense. I picked that trait up from my DM.

Well now, we must assume that every city we walk into is actually one massive trap waiting to happen. Therefore, as a gentleman, scholar, and intellectual mage, I vote that Kord and his human should go first before the ladies. :smallbiggrin:

Overlord Rion
2012-07-01, 12:04 AM
Oh, you guys are going to love the person you meet up with

INoKnowNames
2012-07-01, 12:07 AM
Gah, I wanna stay up and talk, but I gotta be at work in 4 hours..

What exactly is the traditional sense of a trap, if you don't mind me asking, if we aren't likely to encounter it that way?

Well now, we must assume that every city we walk into is actually one massive trap waiting to happen. Therefore, as a gentleman, scholar, and intellectual mage, I vote that Kord and his human should go first before the ladies. :smallbiggrin:

OOC: Yes! And we voted on it, democratically! So it has to be right!
OOC with IC Perspective: It wouldn't be fair to shoulder all the burden on Themman... Send Daven, too!

Oh, you guys are going to love the person you meet up with

New friend! Yay!

Overlord Rion
2012-07-01, 12:28 AM
Traps I make have a habit of being elaborate, but not usually deadly.

There is one I used that only triggered voluntarily.

INoKnowNames
2012-07-01, 06:56 PM
Traps I make have a habit of being elaborate, but not usually deadly.

There is one I used that only triggered voluntarily.

Note to self: learn to cook for us. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apU7SnjH9YA)

Overlord Rion
2012-07-01, 07:04 PM
Well, triggering this trap healed you a bit if you sprung it.

Then again, if it worked, you wouldn't know it had been sprung.

TechnOkami
2012-07-01, 07:07 PM
Note to self: learn to cook for us. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apU7SnjH9YA)

I always love the taste of lead in the morning...

That reminds me, we should really get to IC shopping. Also Rion, I don't think we can us Daven as our "face" for shopping since he went off to do something, I believe.

INoKnowNames
2012-07-01, 07:16 PM
Well, triggering this trap healed you a bit if you sprung it.

Then again, if it worked, you wouldn't know it had been sprung.

..... I'm not sure if this is an Inception Joke or a Matrix Joke, or just basic Mind-Screw.

I always love the taste of lead in the morning...

That reminds me, we should really get to IC shopping. Also Rion, I don't think we can us Daven as our "face" for shopping since he went off to do something, I believe.

I have no problem trying to help haggle (unless someone else can beat a +8 right now). I'm just still unsure of what to purchase....

It seems to me like Cirophi or Themman would be a bit more forceful in terms of personality, even if Alex has a higher Charisma. Politeness and Ettiquite would be good reasons for letting the others have a word in edgewise, with her speaking for them as needed.

Overlord Rion
2012-07-01, 07:27 PM
Hey, a +8 and being pretty go a long way. Hell, both the ladies here are boasting some pretty nice Charismas.

INoKnowNames
2012-07-01, 08:51 PM
Hey, a +8 and being pretty go a long way.

I suppose so at 1st level, though a +80 later puts it a bit to shame. Still, nice enough to try now.

Hell, both the ladies here are boasting some pretty nice Charismas.

... (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DoubleEntendre) ... (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BuxomIsBetter) ... (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UnusualEuphemism) *giggle* (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LaughTrack)

Overlord Rion
2012-07-01, 10:46 PM
I'm going to get you for linking me to TV tropes.

Just you wait.

INoKnowNames
2012-07-01, 11:30 PM
I'm going to get you for linking me to TV tropes.

Just you wait.

Hey, you were the one who made the joke. I just lampshaded it. Not my fault if it ruins your life. :smalltongue:

TechnOkami
2012-07-01, 11:47 PM
...I don't get it.

The Succubus
2012-07-02, 02:21 AM
Hey, a +8 and being pretty go a long way. Hell, both the ladies here are boasting some pretty nice Charismas.

...I don't get it.

I believe he was making a reference to your character's "Orbs of Beguilement".

TechnOkami
2012-07-02, 02:41 AM

Me: Oh! Ok.

Cirophi: Her cheeks flushing red from embarrassment, she telekenetically slaps Overlord Rion across the face in retaliation.

Overlord Rion
2012-07-02, 05:39 AM
Hey, I was just talking about the scores themselves. the pervert is over there.

The Succubus
2012-07-02, 06:20 AM
Note to self: Make a Homebrew thread for "Orbs of Beguilement" magic item and see how far I can get before people catch on.

INoKnowNames
2012-07-02, 02:22 PM
...I don't get it.

Double the Entendre, Double the Fun. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0123.html)

Mammals can't seem to get enough of 'em. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0726.html)

.... that is an epic name.

I forget the rules of upgrading a magic item, even if it's just an enhancement bonus.

Me: Oh! Ok.

Tee hee.

Cirophi: Her cheeks flushing red from embarrassment, she telekenetically slaps Overlord Rion across the face in retaliation.

Ouch. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheFourthWallWillNotProtectYou)

I'd make a more personal response, but other than Miko's nasty attitude, this feels about right. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0219.html)

Hey, I was just talking about the scores themselves. the pervert is over there.

And yet you have denied nothing as of now. And you were the one who started it.

In other news, how would a Cloak of Charisma affect Alex?

Note to self: Make a Homebrew thread for "Orbs of Beguilement" magic item and see how far I can get before people catch on.

Would such items take up the neck or torso slot? And what would Detect Magic reveal about them?

:thog:

Overlord Rion
2012-07-02, 02:57 PM
Upgrading a magic item is simple.

Pay the difference between them.

INoKnowNames
2012-07-02, 03:41 PM
D'aww... that's no fun.

Overlord Rion
2012-07-02, 05:01 PM
This also depends on finding somebody is willing to do so.

INoKnowNames
2012-07-02, 05:05 PM
This also depends on finding somebody is willing to do so.

.... and the fun comes -FLOODING- back in.

Come to think of it, the last one was pretty fun, too.

Overlord Rion
2012-07-02, 05:20 PM
So what about this IC buying things I heard about? I don't see any.

INoKnowNames
2012-07-02, 05:24 PM
So what about this IC buying things I heard about? I don't see any.

Right.... we need that.... Hm.

I suppose if no one else wants to get started there, I will.

Gather Information: [roll0]

13. Not bad. I'll edit my post now.

The Succubus
2012-07-02, 05:59 PM
A brainwave does occur - if we do find a magic item shop, Themman can offer to Identify an item in exchange for a discount....

Overlord Rion
2012-07-02, 09:36 PM
Ah, offering a barter of work for discounts? Now THAT is not a bad idea and could drive the prices down considerably...hmmm.

INoKnowNames
2012-07-02, 09:39 PM
Ah, offering a barter of work for discounts? Now THAT is not a bad idea and could drive the prices down considerably...hmmm.

I wonder if anyone around might be low enough on hit points to appreciate a healer's touch...

Overlord Rion
2012-07-02, 09:49 PM
Those in the church would love you, but doctor-wise, the city is pretty good. I said earlier (seems like forever ago) that one of their exports was doctors.

TechnOkami
2012-07-02, 09:56 PM

I wouldn't actually mind doing that. Hell, depending on the kind of work, I think even Cirophi could agree.

Overlord Rion
2012-07-02, 10:16 PM
On a completely different subject, anybody got any ideas on a Swashbuckler/Warblade/Iaijutsu master Hengeyokai and how to make his ass broke as hell.

INoKnowNames
2012-07-02, 10:34 PM
On a completely different subject, anybody got any ideas on a Swashbuckler/Warblade/Iaijutsu master Hengeyokai and how to make his ass broke as hell.

I have absolutely no idea what anything except Warblade is in that sentence.

Reminds me of the Feral Dread Lord: Two Weapon Fighting, 5d6 Sneak Attack, 9th Level Maneuvers, and Good Base Stats, in additon to not being Mad.

Overlord Rion
2012-07-02, 10:51 PM
Okay, let me break it down.

Swashbucker-Take Fighter Bonus stuff, and replaces with stuff like free Weapon Finesse, a scaling dodge bonus, and int to damage when using weapon finesse.

Warblade-Well, you know what this is.

Iaijutsu Master- Look up Iaijutsu focus, then look up this class in Oriental Adventures. Take 5 levels of this PrC, and suddenly your damage against flatflooted guys skyrockets.

Hengeyokai- Also in OA, this is a race of animals that gained the ability to turn into a humanoid form and a hybrid form. They have the Shapechanger subtype, which qualifies them for Warshaper.

TechnOkami
2012-07-03, 12:38 AM

Hold on, I have a link to a "Katana Chucker" build. Imagine several dozen Katana's being thrown at your enemies, ricocheting between your foes and returning to the bushel of them on your back.

Here ya go. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134276)

Overlord Rion
2012-07-10, 05:27 PM
I know of the katana chucker.

And he is boss.

In the meantime, working on a post, just gonna do a roll or two here just to make you ask why.

[roll0]

[roll1]

EDIT: Wow, okay, that changes the whole post.

INoKnowNames
2012-07-16, 05:08 PM
In the meantime, working on a post, just gonna do a roll or two here just to make you ask why.

[roll0]

[roll1]

EDIT: Wow, okay, that changes the whole post.

I can only imagine you taking a couple of days to write out a post, then finding it invalidated by those rolls, and throwing something through a window.

In other news, I'm back. 'sup, guys.

Overlord Rion
2012-07-16, 07:13 PM
That is more or less what happened really.

INoKnowNames
2012-07-16, 11:57 PM
That is more or less what happened really.

Am I allowed to laugh at your brief misfortune, since it doesn't seem to be life threatening?

Overlord Rion
2012-07-17, 08:46 PM
It is not misfortune.

It is an... opportunity.

INoKnowNames
2012-07-21, 09:55 PM
Um.... I'm -SO- sorry if you guys were waiting on me....

I thought we were waiting to see the results from The Succubus' spell. Please correct me if we aren't, so I can stop holding us up.

TechnOkami
2012-07-21, 10:37 PM
I think everyone's pretty much waiting on everyone for this game. :smalltongue:

Not that I'm complaining. As long as the game is still kicking, albeit being slow, I don't mind the speed. It's a PbP game after all. :smallbiggrin:

Overlord Rion
2012-07-21, 11:15 PM
Better going slowly than not at all, right?

TechnOkami
2012-07-21, 11:30 PM

In a nutshell, yes.

Overlord Rion
2012-07-22, 05:53 PM
Feel free to continue conversing by the way. I posted the results of Themman's spell.

TechnOkami
2012-07-23, 06:57 AM
And now I need to ask about a mechanical game-thing which I need clarified.

Independent Research

A psion also can research a power independently, duplicating an existing power or creating an entirely new one. If characters are allowed to develop new powers, use these guidelines to handle the situation.

Any kind of manifester can create a new power. The research involved requires access to a retreat conducive to uninterrupted meditation. Research involves an expenditure of 200 XP per week and takes one week per level of the power. At the end of that time, the character makes a Psicraft check (DC 10 + spell level). If that check succeeds, the character learns the new power if her research produced a viable power. If the check fails, the character must go through the research process again if she wants to keep trying.

This is an optional way to gaining new powers which is by DM approval. The only other way is to get powers by spending a feat to get a new power. I'd rather not have to do the latter if I can help it, which is why I need to know if I can do it or not.

The only other way I could possibly gain more Powers (other than leveling up obviously) is if I came across a nice old Telepath who decided to use Psychic Chirurgery (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/psychicChirurgery.htm) on me. I think that shtick would have to be saved for a special moment of sorts, though.

Also, I don't believe I made this clear: I need to know so I can clearly tell Themman if I can possibly learn a power to help the situation sooner or later, depending on your answer.

INoKnowNames
2012-07-24, 09:30 PM
I think everyone's pretty much waiting on everyone for this game. :smalltongue:

Not that I'm complaining. As long as the game is still kicking, albeit being slow, I don't mind the speed. It's a PbP game after all. :smallbiggrin:

The only other game that I've had that lasted as long as this one seems to have finally been pronounced dead... I wonder if everyone else will stay and keep this one alive.

In a nutshell, yes.

True.

Feel free to continue conversing by the way. I posted the results of Themman's spell.

Sweet. Posting in just a bit.

Overlord Rion
2012-08-03, 08:25 AM
Okay, so, good news and bad news.

Good news: some free time is going to open up for the next few weeks, so hopefully more posting from me

Bad news: Instead of college, I have to go to a full time job.

Financial aid is such a bitch sometimes.

On another note, roll call to make sure you haven't abandoned me!

TechnOkami
2012-08-03, 08:35 AM
Woof. Awe c'mon! What do you mean saying "woof" is too short?!? Bloody posty-thing...

Overlord Rion
2012-08-04, 09:08 PM
Hmm, doesn't appear the other two are here....

TechnOkami
2012-08-04, 09:19 PM
SPEAK UP! :smallfurious:

The Succubus
2012-08-05, 02:13 AM
You silly people and your silly non-GMT posting times. Why are you so silly?!

TechnOkami
2012-08-05, 02:17 AM

Because silly! Obviously...

INoKnowNames
2012-08-07, 05:48 PM
Okay, so, good news and bad news.

Good news: some free time is going to open up for the next few weeks, so hopefully more posting from me

Bad news: Instead of college, I have to go to a full time job.

Financial aid is such a bitch sometimes.

On another note, roll call to make sure you haven't abandoned me!

Sounds like there's a lot there that I personally am not recognising... sorry for your troubles, though.

Incidentally, unless I let you know I'm gone, there's a good chance I'm just delayed. I'm still kicking.

Woof. Awe c'mon! What do you mean saying "woof" is too short?!? Bloody posty-thing...

I didn't think dogs actually said "woof". It was more of a "rough" to me.

Hmm, doesn't appear the other two are here....

Yeah, sorry about that. Stuff's been going on, both in my work schedule, and in my religious life. Not to mention my romantic life.

SPEAK UP! :smallfurious:

Now now, no reason to get all huffy! I much prefer honey to vinegar! :thog:

I didn't think posting times had any reason to do with sillyness. Then again, I can be confused about time...

Because silly! Obviously...

Derp.

Overlord Rion
2012-08-08, 08:58 PM
I think actually we're waiting on a post from Themman, correct?

TechnOkami
2012-08-09, 01:14 AM

And I asked for the mechanics clarification on a post on the previous page about Psionics.

The Succubus
2012-08-09, 05:32 AM
Bleh sorry, didn't realise you were waiting on me. It's been a tough week.

INoKnowNames
2012-08-12, 07:43 PM

And for someone to get my Thanatos Reference.... :smallfrown:

And I asked for the mechanics clarification on a post on the previous page about Psionics.

Psionics, Psychotics, Psychadelic.... Psychic....

Bleh sorry, didn't realise you were waiting on me. It's been a tough week.

Don't feel bad... just keep on keeping on. We're a nice group.

Overlord Rion
2012-08-13, 12:00 PM

I'm going to allow it, but there are of course restrictions. It'll be kinda like doing homework as I'm going to want examples of what other powers at the same level can do.

The DC is also going to be fluid based on the power you're trying to create. If it's a kind of power similar to what you normally use, it'll be lower, but if it's something out of your comfort zone, higher DC.

Same goes for spell research, btw.

TechnOkami
2012-08-13, 01:11 PM
I'm going to allow it, but there are of course restrictions. It'll be kinda like doing homework as I'm going to want examples of what other powers at the same level can do.

The DC is also going to be fluid based on the power you're trying to create. If it's a kind of power similar to what you normally use, it'll be lower, but if it's something out of your comfort zone, higher DC.

Same goes for spell research, btw.

Hum, ok. I'll have to keep this in mind.

Overlord Rion
2012-08-13, 10:21 PM
Make sense at least?

TechnOkami
2012-08-13, 10:34 PM
Make sense at least?

Yup. I'm honestly not super interested in making my own powers (though that could be fun once I have EXP to spend), but I'm mainly using this so I can just be able to research other Psionic Powers that already exist.

I don't believe I could make Powers that duplicate the effects of Spells though... that level of shenanigannery belongs to the Erudite and his Spell to Power conversion alt. rules, which are floating somewhere online.

Overlord Rion
2012-08-13, 11:46 PM
Yup. I'm honestly not super interested in making my own powers (though that could be fun once I have EXP to spend), but I'm mainly using this so I can just be able to research other Psionic Powers that already exist.

I don't believe I could make Powers that duplicate the effects of Spells though... that level of shenanigannery belongs to the Erudite and his Spell to Power conversion alt. rules, which are floating somewhere online.

I don't have a lot of experience with psionics, but even I can see that stupid crap is broken.

TechnOkami
2012-08-14, 12:13 AM
I don't have a lot of experience with psionics, but even I can see that stupid crap is broken.

I'll be frank, it is. No worries, I don't want to even try to break games. It's an anti-fun practice which kind of ruins everyone's fun in the long run (unless the GM has challenged you to try and break it).

INoKnowNames
2012-08-14, 10:38 AM
I'll be frank, it is. No worries, I don't want to even try to break games. It's an anti-fun practice which kind of ruins everyone's fun in the long run (unless the GM has challenged you to try and break it).

I don't think I can heal a broken game.... that would require a Miracle, which isn't on my spell list...

Are you guys waiting on me right now? :smalleek:

TechnOkami
2012-08-14, 12:02 PM
I don't think I can heal a broken game.... that would require a Miracle, which isn't on my spell list...

Are you guys waiting on me right now? :smalleek:

Let's see...

hm...

I'm not sure whose turn it is next :/

Overlord Rion
2012-08-14, 12:53 PM
Nope, waiting on me this time. Working on it!

EDIT: It was supposed to be longer, but then I remembered those rolls....

INoKnowNames
2012-08-17, 01:51 AM
I'm tempted to complain about where Alex would keep her money, but are we really willing to go through another conversation about Orbs of Beguilement? Besides, if the thief was a guy, he'd have probably gone after them first.

..... (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AsideGlance)

I'll post some time later today. I go to work in 2 hours and 10 minutes, and I should sleep a bit.

Overlord Rion
2012-08-17, 03:33 PM
That part was tricky, but I'm really just going to go with this.

He's really, really, really good at stealing.

Overlord Rion
2012-08-20, 03:16 PM
Forgive the doublepost, but just thought I'd give a bump to remind our other two to post, or just tell me to move along with story.

INoKnowNames
2012-08-20, 03:53 PM
Forgive the doublepost, but just thought I'd give a bump to remind our other two to post, or just tell me to move along with story.

I'm sorry about that. I've basically been in a comma since Friday night, so I couldn't keep my earlier promise to be posting later that day. My bad.

I will have a post for you guys in just a bit, though.

Wish Alex was good at riding. Then this would already be over.

Also, I sense that the seriousness of this campaign just droped a level or two.

TechnOkami
2012-08-20, 04:26 PM
Also, I sense that the seriousness of this campaign just droped a level or two.

Now now, don't say that, silliness is good every once in a while. Humor helps a lot for telling a good story. :smallsmile:

INoKnowNames
2012-08-20, 04:59 PM
Now now, don't say that, silliness is good every once in a while. Humor helps a lot for telling a good story. :smallsmile:

Oh, no, Humor is good. I was just making an observation.

Overlord Rion
2012-08-21, 12:59 AM
It's just this one guy really.

I don't know why, but even in campaigns where I played the guy, he somehow made them dissolve into something straight outta power rangers.

INoKnowNames
2012-08-28, 05:17 PM
Delayed Posting Reaction!

It's just this one guy really.

I don't know why, but even in campaigns where I played the guy, he somehow made them dissolve into something straight outta power rangers.

Wait... are you talking about the NPC Thief that just coped a feel and stole our money?

He turns campaigns "into something straight outta power rangers."?

How much do I not know, if you don't mind me asking? And by I, I mean us. Although there's a chance I haven't been checked in properly and now I'm outta da loop...

TechnOkami
2012-08-28, 06:01 PM
Delayed Posting Reaction!

Wait... are you talking about the NPC Thief that just coped a feel and stole our money?

He turns campaigns "into something straight outta power rangers."?

How much do I not know, if you don't mind me asking? And by I, I mean us. Although there's a chance I haven't been checked in properly and now I'm outta da loop...

No worries, I don't get it either.

INoKnowNames
2012-08-28, 07:55 PM
No worries, I don't get it either.

Horray for lostedness!

Overlord Rion
2012-08-28, 09:02 PM
A lot of NPCs were old characters I played.

i think I've been playing D&D too damned long.

INoKnowNames
2012-08-28, 09:07 PM
A lot of NPCs were old characters I played.

i think I've been playing D&D too damned long.

Hm.... I wonder if I'm correct in my thought that the thief might very well be our contact.

And it depends; do you know what color the ground is outside your residence? :smalltongue:

Overlord Rion
2012-08-28, 11:31 PM
Well, judging by the lawnmower outside in the mornings, it must still be late enough in summer for grass to grow.

So probably green.

INoKnowNames
2012-08-30, 12:37 AM
Well, judging by the lawnmower outside in the mornings, it must still be late enough in summer for grass to grow.

So probably green.

We could probably go further into speculation, but you're probably fine. I had to check myself. :smalltongue:

TechnOkami
2012-09-20, 04:56 PM
"le poke"fishfishfish

Overlord Rion
2012-09-20, 06:03 PM
Oh lord, I forgot you guys. I can't believe it.

-sobs in a corner-

TechnOkami
2012-09-20, 07:21 PM

-sobs in a corner-

*begins angrily chewing on the GM's head*

INoKnowNames
2012-09-21, 05:58 PM
"le poke"fishfishfish

"Le oww!" And what's with the fish?

That does kinda hurt a bit...

-sobs in a corner-

Why are you crying? You weren't the one being forgotten....

Everything okay?

*begins angrily chewing on the GM's head*

That can't taste good...

So... how goes everyone? I've been getting my butt handed to me in almost everything I can think of, so my posting in games has been much slower than it shoud be, but I still want to try to do my level best.

TechnOkami
2012-09-21, 06:10 PM
"Le oww!" And what's with the fish?
Well, you see, I couldn't just say "le poke", so I had to add something a little extra to make it post.

Ergo, fish.

So... how goes everyone? I've been getting my butt handed to me in almost everything I can think of, so my posting in games has been much slower than it shoud be, but I still want to try to do my level best.

Fine, doing silly things on this silly forum, getting my butt handed to me by Binding of Isaac.

Overlord Rion
2012-09-21, 10:41 PM
It's totally my bad for forgetting about you guys in the first place. I haven't been getting much sleep lately, and that's kind of impacting my memory a bit.

INoKnowNames
2012-09-23, 09:49 PM
Well, you see, I couldn't just say "le poke", so I had to add something a little extra to make it post.

Ergo, fish.

Could have double poked... or fish poked...

Fine, doing silly things on this silly forum, getting my butt handed to me by Binding of Isaac.

Pretty much the samefor me, except it's my personal trainer kicking my butt.

It's totally my bad for forgetting about you guys in the first place. I haven't been getting much sleep lately, and that's kind of impacting my memory a bit.

I'll try to remind you once a month. I can certainly understand, it being so busy and all.

TechnOkami
2012-09-23, 11:56 PM
Pretty much the samefor me, except it's my personal trainer kicking my butt.

Bow to your sensei.

BOW TO YOUR SENSEI.

INoKnowNames
2012-09-24, 12:06 AM
It's hard to bow to him when he's too busy handing me my butt... 60 push ups, 60 pull ups, and 180 squats in 15 minutes. @[email protected]

TechnOkami
2012-09-24, 12:08 AM
It's hard to bow to him when he's too busy handing me my butt... 60 push ups, 60 pull ups, and 180 squats in 15 minutes. @[email protected]

Good God man what do you do?!??!!

INoKnowNames
2012-09-24, 12:31 AM
Good God man what do you do?!??!!

I'm trying to get in shape...

TechnOkami
2012-09-24, 01:15 AM
I'm trying to get in shape...

m, ok. I like food too much to try going down that sweaty, sweaty route.

INoKnowNames
2012-09-24, 01:57 AM
m, ok. I like food too much to try going down that sweaty, sweaty route.

Take a shower and eat when you're done exercising, duh.

It's actually a common misconception that you need to starve yourself to get in shape. If you do, your body starts eating -itself- to gain nutrients, which is the last thing you want it to do.

It's possible to be fit and be strong while still enjoying food. You just have to eat smart. No Bacon Cheese Bacon Burgers with Extra Bacon and Bacon Sauce, toped with Bacon and served with a side of Extra Bacon Salted Bacon Fries.

Bacon.

TechnOkami
2012-09-24, 02:48 AM
Take a shower and eat when you're done exercising, duh.

It's actually a common misconception that you need to starve yourself to get in shape. If you do, your body starts eating -itself- to gain nutrients, which is the last thing you want it to do.

It's possible to be fit and be strong while still enjoying food. You just have to eat smart. No Bacon Cheese Bacon Burgers with Extra Bacon and Bacon Sauce, toped with Bacon and served with a side of Extra Bacon Salted Bacon Fries.

Bacon.

So much bacon. @[email protected]

But no, I know how to get into shape, I'm just too lazy to, especially when it comes to the exercising bit. Eating though... I have standards, and that's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much bacon.

INoKnowNames
2012-09-24, 09:11 AM
So much bacon. @[email protected]

, and that's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much bacon

You can never have enough bacon.

http://twentytwowords.com/wp-content/uploads/Starry-Night-made-out-of-bacon.jpg

But no, I know how to get into shape, I'm just too lazy to, especially when it comes to the exercising bit. Eating though... I have standards.

I have a gym membership for 15 bucks a month. Given paychecks from 200-400 per every 2 weeks, it's not much of a sacrifice there, especially since the Gym is 24-7. As for exercising, just a couple times a week. I've shed about 30 lbs this year, starting from March and just lightly going once a week.

Though that was the easy fat. Now I gotta go EVEN FURTHER BEYOND! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TGalu36BHA)

The Succubus
2012-09-24, 10:09 AM
Still here as well. I've actually been appreciating the break because I've been working rather hard on another PbP and it's left me really drained. X_x

Don't talk to me about chains.

Overlord Rion
2012-09-26, 07:17 AM
Okay, so we all cool with a "revival" of the game?

TechnOkami
2012-09-26, 09:02 AM
If by revival you mean continuation, my answer is yes.

INoKnowNames
2012-09-27, 03:39 PM
Still here as well. I've actually been appreciating the break because I've been working rather hard on another PbP and it's left me really drained. X_x

Don't talk to me about chains.

.... I'm kinda curious why a Succubus doesn't want to hear about Chains. But I'll be respectful, less I get drained.

Okay, so we all cool with a "revival" of the game?

I thought we were gonna continue at the chase.

If by revival you mean continuation, my answer is yes.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm fine with anything, though.

Overlord Rion
2012-09-27, 04:47 PM
The chase is what is going to happen, yes. That's why revival was in quotation marks.

INoKnowNames
2012-09-27, 05:26 PM
The chase is what is going to happen, yes. That's why revival was in quotation marks.

Ah. Just curious.

INoKnowNames
2012-10-06, 06:48 PM
This group already meets up once a blue moon. I wonder how badly ya'll were affected by the disconnect.

TechnOkami
2012-10-06, 07:41 PM
This group already meets up once a blue moon. I wonder how badly ya'll were affected by the disconnect.

Other than the sudden bout of not being able to say hi & play games with the cool people in GitP, I'm not too badly affected. Still here n' whatnot.

Overlord Rion
2012-10-07, 03:58 AM
I was mildly put off. Though I picked up not one, but TWO meatspace groups to DM for.

And you guys.

Lord help me I've got nuts.

TechnOkami
2012-10-07, 05:02 AM
I was mildly put off. Though I picked up not one, but TWO meatspace groups to DM for.

And you guys.

I hope you can manage... I mean, it was just us and you weren't doing so hot.

Overlord Rion
2012-10-07, 10:55 PM
I figured out that is something purely related to the fact that i's a PbP. I'll be making efforts, such as carrying my laptop with me at all times, to try and get a post in every 48 hours at least.

TechnOkami
2012-10-07, 11:32 PM
Oh that's good. That only leaves one question...

...where'd we leave off? Weren't we about to hunt down and chase somebody?

INoKnowNames
2012-10-09, 04:28 PM
Other than the sudden bout of not being able to say hi & play games with the cool people in GitP, I'm not too badly affected. Still here n' whatnot.

I ran up my phone's data plan trying to check on everyone in vain...

And you guys.

So, your schedule is already as hard as it is, and now you're in charge of -3- groups? That's not very good... hope you can maintain yourself, but try not to let the important things slip.

I hope you can manage... I mean, it was just us and you weren't doing so hot.

This.

I figured out that is something purely related to the fact that i's a PbP. I'll be making efforts, such as carrying my laptop with me at all times, to try and get a post in every 48 hours at least.

Don't feel too compeled. We'll manage if you need more time.

Oh that's good. That only leaves one question...

...where'd we leave off? Weren't we about to hunt down and chase somebody?

Yeah. A blond haired thief just grouped Alex and Cirophi and made off with each of our 1k gp. Alex just started pursuing said thief, trying to order Halo after him/her. I believe Themmen was about to send his bird, too.

Overlord Rion
2012-10-09, 08:23 PM
Yes, my schedule used to be super busy, and now I have more free time each day than I know what to do with. The other two groups will run for...probably about a month or so, after that they're done.

INoKnowNames
2012-10-10, 12:11 AM
Yes, my schedule used to be super busy, and now I have more free time each day than I know what to do with. The other two groups will run for...probably about a month or so, after that they're done.

Then you will be ours! All Ours!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Overlord Rion
2012-10-10, 11:41 AM
Then you will be ours! All Ours!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It just means I have more time in which to plot your inevitable demises.

INoKnowNames
2012-10-16, 04:29 PM
....HAHAHAHAHAHA-

It just means I have more time in which to plot your inevitable demises.

-haha... heh heh....eh... oh....

http://fim.413chan.net/fic/src/132370721316-AppleBloomSad.jpg

Overlord Rion
2012-10-18, 11:28 PM
Finally made a DM post. It's short, but it should be enough to get us going again.

INoKnowNames
2012-10-18, 11:44 PM
So, this guy is fast enough that a wolf moving 100 ft per round can't keep up, but slow enough that the rest us clocking in at 60 ft per round can? Especially with the croud thinning?

Random food for thought. I'll try to drum up a post after my doctor's appointment tomorrow.

Overlord Rion
2012-10-19, 12:03 AM
Your wolf is having issues with the crowd, which is slowing it down. As the crowd thins, everyone is able to pick up speed.

And yes, actually. I just realized he moves at the same speed of your wolf.

Yikes.

The Succubus
2012-10-19, 04:14 AM
Achievement Unlocked: I Wuv My DM Weally

Insert a fourth-wall breaking meta joke.

TechnOkami
2012-10-19, 04:57 AM
But... but Cirophi doesn't even have Telepathy.... <o<"

And it's manifesting *coughcastingcough* a power *coughspellcough*, just by the way.

Overlord Rion
2012-10-19, 07:05 AM
Achievement Unlocked: I Wuv My DM Weally

Insert a fourth-wall breaking meta joke.

I'm Confused, wHat?

EDIT: My keys are HaVing issues for some reason.

Overlord Rion
2012-10-22, 10:16 PM
Made a DM post guys.

INoKnowNames
2012-10-23, 03:43 PM
Ugh... I fall asleep mid post, end up late to work, and have to deal with being in trouble at work, one friend having a bastard boyfriend, and the other needing the moral support at a funeral...

I'm tired... Sorry about the massive delays on my part.

Edit: Gosh darn it, I ment to roll a diplomacy check just then... can I still do so?

The Succubus
2012-10-24, 03:38 AM
Oh, are we doing "Good Healer, Extremely Cranky Wizard" with the thief then? :smalltongue:

INoKnowNames
2012-10-25, 07:44 AM
Oh, are we doing "Good Healer, Extremely Cranky Wizard" with the thief then? :smalltongue:

I suppose we are, but I'm not sure that diplomacy will go over so well when you're about to tun him into ashes...

TechnOkami
2012-10-25, 03:49 PM
I was half-tempted to have Cirophi go "Eep!" after your little tout of grumbliness and prowess.

INoKnowNames
2012-10-25, 04:36 PM
I was half-tempted to have Cirophi go "Eep!" after your little tout of grumbliness and prowess.

You'd have thought he was about to do this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0pFODc4stI) for how threatening his behavior is. So I can comfortably say that I share those sentiments.

Overlord Rion
2012-10-25, 04:50 PM
Hmm....well then. At least one of you is sufficiently angry.

TechnOkami
2012-10-25, 04:53 PM
You'd have thought he was about to do this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0pFODc4stI) for how threatening his behavior is. So I can comfortably say that I share those sentiments.

We-hell damn son. 'dat flash.

INoKnowNames
2012-10-25, 04:56 PM
Hmm....well then. At least one of you is sufficiently angry.

One of us is trying to be good to everyone, so she won't be getting angry any time soon. Our former Barbarian friend would have been the one you wanted to look for.

We-hell damn son. 'dat flash.

Other amusing commentary include:

Final Flash: Saiyan for **** That Dirrection.

Look who just got his ass shooped.

And that is why Pluto is no longer a planet.

Overlord Rion
2012-10-30, 12:40 AM
I have made a post! Roll your initiatives!

Sorry Succubus.

TechnOkami
2012-10-30, 12:52 AM
Woot battle! It's been so long... q-q

Initiative: [roll0]

My readied action will be summoned in the IC.

INoKnowNames
2012-10-30, 10:34 AM
Alex didn't exactly have any readied actions.... he only constant action has been in trying to keep Halo from takng -his- readied action. With the projectile like distraction, though...

Alex's Initiative: [roll0]

Halo's Initiative: [roll1]

Heh, he forgot she was holding him before he dashed off, apparently.

Overlord Rion
2012-10-30, 12:38 PM
Here, this will be the one time I let you guys see my rolls.

[roll0]

EDIT: Welp, it looks like the order is going to be

Cirophi
Alex
Thief
Halo

INoKnowNames
2012-10-30, 02:56 PM
Here, this will be the one time I let you guys see my rolls.

[roll0]

EDIT: Welp, it looks like the order is going to be

Cirophi
Alex
Thief
Halo

Since I did just revive Themmen, might he be able to get in on this, maybe after a brief pause?

Overlord Rion
2012-10-30, 07:11 PM
After the round is resolved.

INoKnowNames
2012-10-30, 07:20 PM
After the round is resolved.

Yay for Healing! ^_^

Overlord Rion
2012-10-30, 08:56 PM
Themmen, you'll come in at the bottom of the next round. Which changes it to:

Cirophi
Alex
Thief
Halo
Themmen.

Overlord Rion
2012-11-01, 01:17 AM
Okay, so. I'm 90% sure Alex's AC isn't 17. Secondly, I guess I can say it now after this attack. The guy's doing nonlethal damage.

INoKnowNames
2012-11-01, 08:54 AM
Okay, so. I'm 90% sure Alex's AC isn't 17. Secondly, I guess I can say it now after this attack. The guy's doing nonlethal damage.

Weird... I can see it just fine. And yeah, between a complete lack of armor, and only average flexibility, Alex is sitting on an AC of 10.

Also, a single more point of damage (lethal or non-lethal), and Alex would be out of the fight. It's a good thing she's got a good Constitution. Characters like Big Con's and they can not lie....

Anyway, does Halo get to act now, since his earlier action was just his readied action?

Overlord Rion
2012-11-01, 09:42 AM
Yes. Once Halo acts, round begins anew, with Themmen coming in at the bottom. Though one of you may be out of the fight by then.

INoKnowNames
2012-11-01, 10:18 AM
Yes. Once Halo acts, round begins anew, with Themmen coming in at the bottom. Though one of you may be out of the fight by then.

Thankfully Alex is just Staggered, rather than Unconcious. -1- more point woulda done it... though her turn will be limited to trying to recover herself...

Overlord Rion
2012-11-01, 09:41 PM
Halo got close. Like, a point off, close. For future reference in your posts, his AC is 16.

EDIT: Cirophi is up.

TechnOkami
2012-11-04, 06:14 PM
My apologies. School's left me a tad scatterbrained, I'll get a post up.

INoKnowNames
2012-11-04, 08:51 PM
My apologies. School's left me a tad scatterbrained, I'll get a post up.

I was going to come get you if you hadn't posted in just a bit, since you seemed so active. But I see that that isn't an issue! We're doing slightly better than our month long pauses have been, even with School occuring, so I wouldn't feel bad.

Overlord Rion
2012-11-04, 10:07 PM
I'm working on it, putting aside time each day to check up on particular posts.

INoKnowNames
2012-11-04, 10:30 PM
I'm working on it, putting aside time each day to check up on particular posts.

Don't even feel bad about it; that this group is still alive and together speaks volumes! Though I do wonder how long until the next update... it's like a webcomic...

Overlord Rion
2012-11-14, 08:29 AM
I do feel bad about that, but I'm forgetful, so I'm actually writing stuff down on my calendar nowadays.

Post incoming within the hour.

INoKnowNames
2012-11-14, 10:16 AM
I do feel bad about that, but I'm forgetful, so I'm actually writing stuff down on my calendar nowadays.

Post incoming within the hour.

Heh.... good luck with that! I can never remember what I need to write....

Overlord Rion
2012-11-15, 12:37 AM
Welp, Halo missed his AoO...what about his actual turn? In any case, Themmen is up and running, and depending on Halo's actions, is going to get pummeled/win the battle outright, being a wizard and all.

INoKnowNames
2012-11-15, 01:08 AM
Welp, Halo missed his AoO...what about his actual turn?

.... I had assumed Halo wouldn't have been able to reach for an Attack of Opportunity. He's been chasing and charging this guy for the past few minutes, and the guy's been tumbling about, staying out of reach except for when Halo attempts to rush and bite him. Could I have been making Attacks of Opportunity all this time? Do I get one this turn or something?

Overlord Rion
2012-11-15, 01:43 AM
Oh, whoops. That's my bad actually. I forgot i was making him do tumble checks to get out of reach of Halo.

That's my bad. Sorry for the confusion.

In any case, Themmen's up I think.

INoKnowNames
2012-11-20, 11:19 AM
Hm.... since Halo's last action was to attack the thief again, he probably has to make a save against the Color Spray, doesn't he? ;.;

DC 13..... Will Save Negates... darn, Will would be his worst save... if only he had Devotion already...

Ah well: [roll0]

Random Topic: I'm surprised Cord hasn't tried doing anything yet, or made any witty commentary...

Reactionary Edit: THANK YOU, DICE GODS! That kinda spell woulda taken Halo immediately out...

Overlord Rion
2012-11-20, 01:10 PM
Hmm, away from dice...there goes my luck

[roll0]

EDIT: Wait, really? Right on the dot huh...wait, shoot. I looked at the wrong bonus. Okay, so the thief is blinded and stunned for 2 rounds, then stunned for one more after that.

Cirophi, please slam him into unconsciousness.

INoKnowNames
2012-11-20, 01:32 PM
Hmm, away from dice...there goes my luck

[roll0]

EDIT: Wait, really? Right on the dot huh...wait, shoot. I looked at the wrong bonus. Okay, so the thief is blinded and stunned for 2 rounds, then stunned for one more after that.

Cirophi, please slam him into unconsciousness.

Maybe she can help wake up the unconcious healer while the construct and wolf beat up the thief...

TechnOkami
2012-11-20, 03:36 PM
Yay, unconscious time!

INoKnowNames
2012-11-20, 03:40 PM
Yay, unconscious time!

..... I'm suddenly very happy that Kurmak's not in the game anymore. Because that, coming from him, would have been horrifying.

Overlord Rion
2012-11-20, 03:50 PM
You almost made me choke on my Fritos.

INoKnowNames
2012-11-20, 04:41 PM
You almost made me choke on my Fritos.

Then I've suffeciently done my job.

Although, Laendri's been back for a bit, actually...

Alex doesn't actually carry any healing items on herself, actually. She heals by hand alone. 10 seconds of being touched by her feels as good for the body as a full dosage of Cure Light Wounds.

In any case, isn't it Halo's turn, since both the Thief and Alex are enjoying non-lethal dirt naps?

Overlord Rion
2012-11-25, 04:18 PM
There. I keep forgetting trying to do non-lethal damage sucks without feat expenditure. A lot of it.

EDIT: Also, careful with your wording there, or else I might have to pull THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bAekG9VwQc) out.

INoKnowNames
2012-11-25, 10:54 PM
There. I keep forgetting trying to do non-lethal damage sucks without feat expenditure. A lot of it.

I'm surprised the system is so focused on simply killing things. You'd think it'd be easier to do non-lethal, via a penalty to damage or attack, based on pulling your punches or trying not to hit a spot that might hurt.

EDIT: Also, careful with your wording there, or else I might have to pull THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bAekG9VwQc) out.

:eek:

... Would you believe I saw that sitting there for -5- days and genuinely did not think anything remotely dirty about that wording?

Darn unconciousness... any chance someone wants to frisk the Thief and see if he's got anything on him to help wake someone up? Or is unconciousness due to Non-Lethal requiring specifically a quick heal?

Overlord Rion
2012-11-26, 12:01 AM
There's a feat you can take to eliminate the attack penalty for doing non-lethal damage.

INoKnowNames
2012-11-29, 01:38 PM
Would you be offended if Halo gets a random Spot, Listen, Survival, and Search checks? Either he's looking around right now to see what he can find, or he's chewing on whatever of the thief can fit in his mouth. The former is a bit more productive...

Overlord Rion
2012-11-29, 04:03 PM
Offended? Nah. Go ahead. He'll find some jerky in the thief's other pack. Doesn't even need a check, he can smell it.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-01, 01:25 PM
Wow... It's been -way- too long since -I- posted in this game! Sorry to keep you guys all waiting!

Overlord Rion
2012-12-06, 03:49 AM
You don't keep us waiting any more than I keep you guys waiting.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-07, 11:53 PM
I guess we can just agree to try to hurry the heck up!

TechnOkami
2012-12-10, 11:23 PM
I think I asked this, but I can't remember if I got an answer or not.

There's Use Psionic Device, Psicraft and Knowledge (Psionics), and there are rules that basically blur these with the Arcana equivalents to make them essentially one and the same. Can we go with that rule, or do you decree otherwise? Either or would work, honestly, because Themman can be the Arcanamaster while I'm the Psimaster, but the blurring would make it easier for both of us, because we would essentially be able to use each others stuff, or perhaps one of us being a knowledge specialist while the other is a usage specialist, or something like that.

Overlord Rion
2012-12-10, 11:42 PM
Hmmm...I can understand the ruling on that, but here's my personal view on it:

For purposes of the other, half the ranks. Basically treat it as if you had maxed cross-class ranks.

Make sense.

TechnOkami
2012-12-10, 11:57 PM
Hmmm...I can understand the ruling on that, but here's my personal view on it:

For purposes of the other, half the ranks. Basically treat it as if you had maxed cross-class ranks.

Make sense.

Okeydokey, makes sense.

Just a random by the by, whenever I get into a new 3.5 game, I know exactly what I'm making: a Dragonborn Warforged Dragonfire Adept

INoKnowNames
2012-12-11, 03:13 PM
Just a random by the by, whenever I get into a new 3.5 game, I know exactly what I'm making: a Dragonborn Warforged Dragonfire Adept

That sounds... interesting... any particular reason why that combination?

TechnOkami
2012-12-11, 03:28 PM
That sounds... interesting... any particular reason why that combination?

Because for all fluff, I'll be a robo-dragon, I still count as a warforged and a construct for the sake of feats and immunities, dragonfire adept gives me fire breath on tap, and dragonborn gives me wings (at level 6).

INoKnowNames
2012-12-11, 06:05 PM
Because for all fluff, I'll be a robo-dragon, I still count as a warforged and a construct for the sake of feats and immunities, dragonfire adept gives me fire breath on tap, and dragonborn gives me wings (at level 6).

Mini-Super Mecha Godzilla? GOJIRRA! *stock scream*

Overlord Rion
2012-12-11, 06:06 PM
Oh yeah, I remember all the dumb stuff that comes from Dragonborn Warforged.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-11, 06:07 PM
Oh yeah, I remember all the dumb stuff that comes from Dragonborn Warforged.

I dunno about dumb... Mechagodzilla ain't nobody's fool.

TechnOkami
2012-12-11, 11:05 PM
I dunno about dumb... Mechagodzilla ain't nobody's fool.

Naah, it's pretty dumb when you're a flying fire-breathing robo-dragon with immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysism disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, effects that cause the sickened condition, and energy drain.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-11, 11:29 PM
Naah, it's pretty dumb when you're a flying fire-breathing robo-dragon with immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysism disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, effects that cause the sickened condition, and energy drain.

https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/2/UxggfSYnkkqc3A54RwJt8w2.gif

Preferably with a level of Bard, as to be able to play his own theme song. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUAj0F6-hjA)

TechnOkami
2012-12-12, 12:34 AM

~gif here~

Preferably with a level of Bard, as to be able to play his own theme song. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUAj0F6-hjA)

I... don't get the gif.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-12, 09:02 AM
I... don't get the gif.

Look at the look in the dog's eye. He wants that piece of food like there's no tomorrow! It's a WANT gif.

Overlord Rion
2012-12-12, 10:59 AM
I prefer to have a lot of races be...created through play.

Like Warforged.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-12, 09:12 PM
I prefer to have a lot of races be...created through play.

Like Warforged.

..... Mommy, where do Warforged come from?

http://wallbot.net/walls/preview/3644.jpg

Overlord Rion
2012-12-13, 12:36 AM
A suitably gifted crafter could make them....with a high failure chance.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-13, 09:55 AM
A suitably gifted crafter could make them....with a high failure chance.

..... eh, not as much of a joke as the others.

The Succubus
2012-12-13, 11:03 AM
..... Mommy, where do Warforged come from?

"Well, a mummy crafter and a daddy crafter who love each other very much set aside their sexual urges and get busy with cogs and gears instead."

TechnOkami
2012-12-13, 11:59 AM
"Well, a mummy crafter and a daddy crafter who love each other very much set aside their sexual urges and get busy with cogs and gears instead."

Brings a whole new use to "machinery lubricant".

INoKnowNames
2012-12-13, 01:11 PM
Brings a whole new use to "machinery lubricant".

Bender: "Come on, it's just like making love. Y'know: Left, down, rotate 62 degrees, engage rotor."
Amy: I know how to make love!

Sorry for getting a little preachy in character there... it was an "Optimism vs Cynicism" moment.

Now that I think about it, I'm probably totally wrong, but weren't we suppose to be meeting a contact in the city if we kept our money with us long enough? My theory (that I'm having Alex consider) is that the Thief either is, or knows of, said contact.

Overlord Rion
2012-12-13, 03:07 PM
Aren't you a little detective?

INoKnowNames
2012-12-13, 04:51 PM
Aren't you a little detective?

.... Players, does Dm comentary mean the player is correct? Or is an Admiral Achbar.gif called for?

Overlord Rion
2012-12-13, 05:03 PM
Who knows? It could be a red herring.

Or he could be hired to kill you.

Or he could be the contact.

So many options...

INoKnowNames
2012-12-13, 06:09 PM
Who knows? It could be a red herring.

Or he could be hired to kill you.

Or he could be the contact.

So many options...

Why is why I think we should talk to him while he's restrained!

If he's just a random thief, no harm done either way. Halo can knock him out and we can be on our way.

If he's been hired to kill us, he should share who immediately wants us dead and why.

If he's the contact, then that should be verified before anything bad happens!

TechnOkami
2012-12-13, 06:24 PM
I vote for the feigned "drunk friend" idea, with him tied thoroughly down to have a nice conversation as he spouts out the information and we drink tea, or something like that.

Overlord Rion
2012-12-13, 09:05 PM
Originally I was going to make that note be some sort of lewd comment about Cirophi's ass, but I decided that would be crass.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-13, 09:26 PM
Originally I was going to make that note be some sort of lewd comment about Cirophi's ass, but I decided that would be crass.

Eh, we've spent enough time talking about large Charisma scores; we can talk about Cirophi's decent Constitution. Funny enough, Themman's got a higher Con than both of us! I guess that means he's got a nice tushy for a blind male wizard. :p

TechnOkami
2012-12-13, 10:27 PM
Before I read the white text: "Oh why thank you Alex! I'm glad somebody noticed."

After I read the white text: *insert thoughts about Themman being taken advantage of, because blind*

Anywho! GM, with the note that I got, what exactly am I supposed to take from that? Like, should I assume that he's against us?

INoKnowNames
2012-12-13, 10:34 PM
Before I read the white text: "Oh why thank you Alex! I'm glad somebody noticed."

(Completely Out of Character) Too bad most that notice aren't exactly the most virtuous types. While I appreciate every gift my parents have blessed me with, even my... figure, I don't enjoy too much of the attention it attracts.

After I read the white text: *insert thoughts about Themman being taken advantage of, because blind*

Eh, not likely. Not something Alex really notices on someone else unless she's got a crush, and she usually share a platonic love with everyone that would get in the way of that. I see her actually being ignorant about such things until the subject comes up.

Have I shared my thoughts on Stats and personal appearance, particularly when it comes to body types?

Anywho! GM, with the note that I got, what exactly am I supposed to take from that? Like, should I assume that he's against us?

That depends; the Gm may have made a mistake. You have a note from the Thief, and a note from Daven, if I recall correctly.

Overlord Rion
2012-12-13, 10:34 PM
What you take from it is your own decision. Maybe he just wasn't confident he could get away from you guys.

Maybe he IS the contact and he hoped you had read the note?

INoKnowNames
2012-12-13, 10:41 PM
What you take from it is your own decision. Maybe he just wasn't confident he could get away from you guys.

Maybe he IS the contact and he hoped you had read the note?

Wait, how many notes does Cirophi have again, and which one did she just read? I think she's trying to talk about the note Daven gave her in the money to begin with, before we met the rogue. :smallconfused:

And you hinting at the theory I proposed makes me less sure of it's validity...

Overlord Rion
2012-12-13, 10:45 PM
Oh, you know me. I just say things all the time.

In any case, which note was Cirophi pulling out? Or I could just assume both?

INoKnowNames
2012-12-13, 10:46 PM
In any case, which note was Cirophi pulling out? Or I could just assume both?

She was pulling out Daven's note. You were showing her the Thief's note.

How do I know more about what's going on than you? :smallyuk:

TechnOkami
2012-12-13, 10:54 PM
She was pulling out Daven's note. You were showing her the Thief's note.

How do I know more about what's going on than you? :smallyuk:

Yep, INKN's on the ball here. It's Daven's note to me that he left inside the bag of coins, before it got stolen by the thief who has a completely different note, which now we know what that note says.

Overlord Rion
2012-12-13, 11:02 PM
Okay, yes, my bad then. It really HAS been a while, hasn't it? I'll get around to correcting myself in a little bit.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-13, 11:04 PM
Okay, yes, my bad then. It really HAS been a while, hasn't it? I'll get around to correcting myself in a little bit.

You don't have to entirely retcon it; I could have Alex take 10 on searching his pockets and find the note. If so, you'd just repost the thief's note as Alex's finding, and give Cirophi her actual message where the thief's note was. Heck, she is already looking him over, now that I think about it.

Overlord Rion
2012-12-13, 11:05 PM
He also could have just been sitting on it, I guess.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-13, 11:26 PM
Yep, INKN's on the ball here.

Someone's gotta keep this game on track. *proud*

He also could have just been sitting on it, I guess.

Whatever works best, although do I have to frisk him to find it? Or maybe a general, calmer search enables it's detection?

Overlord Rion
2012-12-13, 11:54 PM
Second one sounds better.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-14, 12:05 AM
Second one sounds better.

Alright. Looks like we've got a plan, then. I wonder how long it'll take for an update this time. :smallwink:

Anyone want to take bets on a Christmas/New Years Update? :smallbiggrin:

INoKnowNames
2012-12-30, 11:10 AM
Double Post: Who all is still around? I know Cirophi's waiting for an errata to the message she tried to pull out from Daven (from my understanding, an errata that would also have Alex stumble upon the message our Dm thought she was reaching for, ie the one the rogue is carrying), but I'm surprised our Arcanist hasn't had any more thoughts so far.

Hope you all have enjoyed the holidays!

Overlord Rion
2012-12-30, 11:28 AM
Holidays are busy for us Cubans, but things have finally quieted down for me since we decided not to do anything major for New Years.

I'll try and get a post up in the next 24 hours, but I'll have one up for sure in the next 48 hours. I'd like to thank you guys again for your patience with me.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-30, 11:41 AM
's all good to me... though I never would have guessed you were Cuban.

Overlord Rion
2012-12-30, 12:07 PM
Most people never realize it. I've been confused for everything BUT Cuban. You just don't really see them north of Florida.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-30, 02:17 PM
Most people never realize it. I've been confused for everything BUT Cuban. You just don't really see them north of Florida.

Am I a bad person that this makes me laugh my pants off? Because it does.

I understand being confused for things you aren't. Pacific Islander, Hawaiian, Hispanic, pretty much every color of Brown but a bog-standard Black American.

TechnOkami
2012-12-30, 04:23 PM
*slams hands down*

Goddamnit, now I want a cuban sandwich.

The Succubus
2012-12-31, 07:09 AM
I want a mojitio or a cuba libre. :smallbiggrin:

Overlord Rion
2012-12-31, 01:20 PM
Has anybody here ever heard of Iron Heroes? It's a d20 variant that supposedly makes a low-magic game doable.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-31, 02:40 PM
*slams hands down*

Goddamnit, now I want a cuban sandwich.

I want a mojitio or a cuba libre. :smallbiggrin:

Darn you both; now I'm hungry!

Has anybody here ever heard of Iron Heroes? It's a d20 variant that supposedly makes a low-magic game doable.

I've heard of it. It reminds me a lot of TOB, if I may say so; recommending letting people with martla prowess inflict ability damage and other special things only mages normally do.

Overlord Rion
2012-12-31, 02:56 PM
Tome of Battle makes everything so much simpler. I remember hearing once though that D&D can be fixed by simply banning Core.

Overlord Rion
2012-12-31, 06:04 PM
Post made for Cirophi's sake so we can start moving along at our general snail's pace.

TechnOkami
2013-01-04, 07:30 PM
Apologies for my lateness. Post on the IC Incoming.

Overlord Rion
2013-01-04, 09:48 PM
My grandmother sent me home with two, I repeat, two entire Cuban sandwiches.

My grandmother is awesome. I should make her an NPC in all my games.

INoKnowNames
2013-01-05, 11:06 PM
Tome of Battle makes everything so much simpler. I remember hearing once though that D&D can be fixed by simply banning Core.

I can see how that makes sense in an overall rounded view, though so much of the system is dirrectly tied to core mechanics that there'd still be quite a few wrinkles to iron out.

I wonder about going in and personally modifying every single broken thing in core, be it -too- overpowered (Polymorph and the like), or too weak (Monk's lack of synergy in abilities and randomness in additional techs).

Post made for Cirophi's sake so we can start moving along at our general snail's pace.

If only some of the rest of our cogs could not slow things down... and by some of the rest, I mean me. ^_^;

Apologies for my lateness. Post on the IC Incoming.

Like wise.

My grandmother sent me home with two, I repeat, two entire Cuban sandwiches.

.... i hate you all. So jelly. So very very jelly.

My grandmother is awesome. I should make her an NPC in all my games.

I've never thought of making family npcs for some reason...

Overlord Rion
2013-01-06, 11:07 PM
I guarantee she would annoy the crap of out any players I have.

INoKnowNames
2013-01-10, 08:09 PM
I guarantee she would annoy the crap of out any players I have.

Probably no less annoying than me not posting when I need to.

INoKnowNames
2013-03-14, 02:40 PM
.... I'm actually somewhat surprised that despite me being gone for 2 Months, this game hasn't moved an inch since I last appeared. At least one group I haven't missed a beat in.

Hand Check; Are Overlord Rion and TechnOkami still around somewhere?

Overlord Rion
2013-03-14, 05:24 PM
Yep

Still here,

TechnOkami
2013-03-14, 05:40 PM
Gaatsu! But yeah, I'm here.

Overlord Rion
2013-03-14, 08:12 PM
I'm surprised, actually.

INoKnowNames
2013-03-20, 06:21 PM
Sorry for the gap in this revelation, but in lighter (ie. less wimpy-baby) news, I worked 48 hours in 4 days this work week! Yay for a few extra dollars in my bank account, and I only had to cry hand and foot pain away for part of a school day!

Seriously though, and I wish I could tell everyone this, but I'm so sorry I've not maintained a constant, vigilant presence the way I should have.

Back to an actual post... Last I checked, the group finally reached a consensus to what to do next: interrogate the thief. And everyone has posted to the affirmative on that.

So, I'm actually pretty sure, and the main reason I still had a bit of surprise that this game hadn't been waiting on me again, was because, from where I stand, we're waiting on our Dm to advance to the next stage of the plot. Or are any of us missing any interaction?

TechnOkami
2013-03-20, 06:51 PM
So, I'm actually pretty sure, and the main reason I still had a bit of surprise that this game hadn't been waiting on me again, was because, from where I stand, we're waiting on our Dm to advance to the next stage of the plot. Or are any of us missing any interaction?

I thought we were lost in debating as to how we would go about the process of getting to the tavern with him in tow, but yeah, I think DM progression would be best.

INoKnowNames
2013-03-20, 07:05 PM
I thought we were lost in debating as to how we would go about the process of getting to the tavern with him in tow, but yeah, I think DM progression would be best.

Didn't think there was much we could do beyond either having all of us try to carry him or having Halo drag him while the rest of us looked as innocent as we could.

Or maybe we could Metal Gear it and sneak through allyways all rogue like.

The Succubus
2013-03-20, 08:08 PM
"We could all sneak along in boxes!" :smallbiggrin:

"Oh really, Cord. And has your grand plan allowed for the fact that you can't *fly* when you're in a box?" :smallsigh:

"Then cut a couple of wing-sized holes in the side. Geez, I thought you were supposed to be the one with the Intelligence modifier!" :smallannoyed:

Overlord Rion
2013-03-20, 09:12 PM
If that's the case, would you guys prefer to keep this city and necromancy based being the entire campaign, or just a story arc?