PDA

View Full Version : The Rise (OOC)



Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

INoKnowNames
2013-03-20, 09:21 PM
"We could all sneak along in boxes!" :smallbiggrin:

"Oh really, Cord. And has your grand plan allowed for the fact that you can't *fly* when you're in a box?" :smallsigh:

"Then cut a couple of wing-sized holes in the side. Geez, I thought you were supposed to be the one with the Intelligence modifier!" :smallannoyed:

"Um, speaking of modifiers, I don't think I have the strength modifier to be to move a box around, and I'm not sure if Halo could move me and our guest..." :smallredface:


If that's the case, would you guys prefer to keep this city and necromancy based being the entire campaign, or just a story arc?

I'm curious as to why you ask such a thing. I'm fine with whatever is easiest for you, with a slight preference for varied (if stereotypical) locals meaning my vote if forced to tie-break would go to it being a story arc.

Overlord Rion
2013-03-20, 10:20 PM
Easy. During the hiatus I had multiple ideas.

TechnOkami
2013-03-21, 02:51 PM
Easy. During the hiatus I had multiple ideas.

I don't think any of us have a preference one way or another, as long as the game remains fun, the adventure note resting and engaging and the story good.

INoKnowNames
2013-04-01, 02:17 AM
I don't think any of us have a preference one way or another, as long as the game remains fun, the adventure note resting and engaging and the story good.

Exactly how I feel right now.

Overlord Rion
2013-04-01, 02:33 AM
All right, I'll try to get something up on the next 36 hours or so.

Overlord Rion
2013-04-03, 05:07 PM
Finally threw up a post in the IC. Ready to get this shindig back on the road when you guys are.

INoKnowNames
2013-04-04, 10:19 AM
Finally threw up a post in the IC. Ready to get this shindig back on the road when you guys are.

Cool with me! Though, I'd have enjoyed trying to discover his name and such while trying to talk to him and figure out what else he knows or might tell us... if we failed once, doesn't that mean it'll be harder to succeed a second time, since one's mind is usually made up?

*edit* Also, is he still as injured as we left him? And did we disarm him?

In unrelated news, who is the Good Cop, who is the Bad Cop, and what will the 3rd Person do?

Hopefully tonight we'll all be posting and this game will regain its momenimum.

Overlord Rion
2013-04-04, 11:37 AM
To answer pertinent queries.

He never said if that was his real name.

He is disarmed

He was injured when you brought him in, but he looks much better now. His cuts and bruises have disappeared.

And not really. He was groggy during a lot of the first time. Mostly he just kept repeating his name over and over again. You lot figured you'd wait for him to sober up and try again.

Anything I missed?

The Succubus
2013-04-04, 11:59 AM
Cool with me! Though, I'd have enjoyed trying to discover his name and such while trying to talk to him and figure out what else he knows or might tell us... if we failed once, doesn't that mean it'll be harder to succeed a second time, since one's mind is usually made up?

*edit* Also, is he still as injured as we left him? And did we disarm him?

In unrelated news, who is the Good Cop, who is the Bad Cop, and what will the 3rd Person do?

Hopefully tonight we'll all be posting and this game will regain its momenimum.

I nominate Cord for the role of Highly Irritating Cop:

"Hey! Wanna tell us what you were doing here?" :cheerygrin:
"No."
"Awww, c'mon..."
"No."
"I'll be your best friend!" :cheerygrin:
"No!"
....

...repeat until thief fails his SAN roll.

INoKnowNames
2013-04-04, 12:47 PM
To answer pertinent queries.

He never said if that was his real name.

He is disarmed

He was injured when you brought him in, but he looks much better now. His cuts and bruises have disappeared.

And not really. He was groggy during a lot of the first time. Mostly he just kept repeating his name over and over again. You lot figured you'd wait for him to sober up and try again.

Anything I missed?

's more than enough to go with. I'm just not sure which of us should start first. I'll definitely go if no one else goes or if nominated, but I'll leave that choice up to the smart people.


I nominate Cord for the role of Highly Irritating Cop:

"Hey! Wanna tell us what you were doing here?" :cheerygrin:
"No."
"Awww, c'mon..."
"No."
"I'll be your best friend!" :cheerygrin:
"No!"
....

...repeat until thief fails his SAN roll.

That would have been my strategy, but now you took it, so I can't do it. :smallyuk:

TechnOkami
2013-04-04, 03:38 PM
If I had a thought probing ability I could probably do something... but alas, I'm a Shaper, not a Telepath.

Also: I have an ok diplomacy, but I'm sure that Alex has probably has a better diplo than I do. I'm not sure what we'd say to him to get him to talk, so.... yeah :/

INoKnowNames
2013-04-04, 10:19 PM
If I had a thought probing ability I could probably do something... but alas, I'm a Shaper, not a Telepath.

Also: I have an ok diplomacy, but I'm sure that Alex has probably has a better diplo than I do. I'm not sure what we'd say to him to get him to talk, so.... yeah :/

I guess I'll take that as a nomine.

*edit* post incoming, no less than 4 minutes.

The Succubus
2013-04-05, 03:15 AM
I wonder if the wretch knows Daven at all? I might drop his name in conversation with someone but someone will need to watch his face for visual cues.

INoKnowNames
2013-04-05, 04:12 AM
I wonder if the wretch knows Daven at all? I might drop his name in conversation with someone but someone will need to watch his face for visual cues.

I was going to work that in later, but the first thing that seemed relevant to do in such a situation is to get him to be willing to talk. Details about himself, asking simple questions that might not be tied to a mission worth robbing and getting beaten up by the three strangers questioning you again.

Though I could be wrong, so don't quote me.

TechnOkami
2013-04-05, 04:30 AM
I was going to work that in later, but the first thing that seemed relevant to do in such a situation is to get him to be willing to talk. Details about himself, asking simple questions that might not be tied to a mission worth robbing and getting beaten up by the three strangers questioning you again.

Depends on how strongly we use interrogation methods. :smallwink:

But we're not that kind of party I feel, so diplomacy all the way.

And a random btw: I don't know if any of you play League of Legends besides Succubus, but every time I see the name "Daven", I think "Draven".

Those of you who understand should be laughing by now. :smallamused:

The Succubus
2013-04-05, 05:25 AM
If he pulls out an axe, I'm running. :smalleek:

INoKnowNames
2013-04-05, 01:57 PM
Depends on how strongly we use interrogation methods. :smallwink:

But we're not that kind of party I feel, so diplomacy all the way.

I dunno, Cirophi seems more practical than Alex, and Themmen had a fireball primed for him the last time Alex tried and failed to get anything done with diplomacy.

No one else wants to try saying anything at all before the Dm has him respond? Just curious, since Alex at least won't shut the heck up.


And a random btw: I don't know if any of you play League of Legends besides Succubus, but every time I see the name "Daven", I think "Draven".

Those of you who understand should be laughing by now. :smallamused:


If he pulls out an axe, I'm running. :smalleek:

That unfortunately went entirely over my head.

TechnOkami
2013-04-05, 04:28 PM
I dunno, Cirophi seems more practical than Alex, and Themmen had a fireball primed for him the last time Alex tried and failed to get anything done with diplomacy.

No one else wants to try saying anything at all before the Dm has him respond? Just curious, since Alex at least won't shut the heck up.

The thing is, you did so well and I can't do much in terms of diplomacy, so I don't want to screw your well rolled roll over.


That unfortunately went entirely over my head.

Welcome to the League of Draven (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlM72s0Bgjc)

INoKnowNames
2013-04-05, 04:34 PM
The thing is, you did so well and I can't do much in terms of diplomacy, so I don't want to screw your well rolled roll over.

BUT THAT'S NO FUN! :smallbiggrin:
The complement was well appreciated, though. ^_^


Welcome to the League of Draven (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlM72s0Bgjc)

... OOC, I suddenly don't trust the group benefactor. :smalleek:

Overlord Rion
2013-04-05, 11:43 PM
Funny thing is he was made way before I started playing League of Legends.



And now Draven has made his way into my campaign. Shall I pull out Darius too?

Also, the newest Fire Emblem is so awesome.

INoKnowNames
2013-04-06, 12:03 PM
Funny thing is he was made way before I started playing League of Legends.



And now Draven has made his way into my campaign. Shall I pull out Darius too?

Also, the newest Fire Emblem is so awesome.

I don't know what you mean, but I don't feel confident about it.

In any case, if neither Cirophi nor Themmen has anything to add (and I assume the responses without in game posts imply this), what are we waiting on?

The Succubus
2013-04-06, 03:43 PM
I'm going to wait and see what the diplomatic touch achieves.

Overlord Rion
2013-04-06, 04:11 PM
Whoops, sorry. Almost fell into the old habit of waiting for all three of you to post before responding.

INoKnowNames
2013-04-06, 05:27 PM
Whoops, sorry. Almost fell into the old habit of waiting for all three of you to post before responding.

Alexandria Faithweaver: healing threads and lives, one action at a time.

INoKnowNames
2013-04-08, 06:31 PM
Face after reading new post:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/169/5/8/embarrassed_ichigo_by_rave_and_thorns-d3j96tz.png

I don't think they meant being Touched by Angels to be literal...

I'm not entirely sure if Alex would have even thought she was doing anything remotely flirtatious there, and I certainly wasn't thinking of it from that viewpoint either, at least not at first.

Not a problem or anything; just holy-crap shockingly embarrassed.

Anyone want to comment IC, or should Alex try to continue? And by continue, I mean with G-RATED Diplomacy, not "Laying on Hands".

TechnOkami
2013-04-08, 06:59 PM
Face after reading new post:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/169/5/8/embarrassed_ichigo_by_rave_and_thorns-d3j96tz.png

I don't think they meant being Touched by Angels to be literal...

I'm not entirely sure if Alex would have even thought she was doing anything remotely flirtatious there, and I certainly wasn't thinking of it from that viewpoint either, at least not at first.

Not a problem or anything; just holy-crap shockingly embarrassed.

Anyone want to comment IC, or should Alex try to continue? And by continue, I mean with G-RATED Diplomacy, not "Laying on Hands".

I so saw that coming. :smallwink:

INoKnowNames
2013-04-08, 09:55 PM
I so saw that coming. :smallwink:

So I seriously just -walked- right into that, then?

TechnOkami
2013-04-08, 10:08 PM
So I seriously just -walked- right into that, then?

Yussir. :smalltongue:

I will get to a post.

Overlord Rion
2013-04-08, 10:24 PM
It's so easy to do it, I just can't help myself.

INoKnowNames
2013-04-08, 10:38 PM
Yussir. :smalltongue:

I will get to a post.


It's so easy to do it, I just can't help myself.

http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/0/00/Facedesk.jpg

*edit* I think I know what to do next... Nevermind...

INoKnowNames
2013-04-10, 07:21 PM
Sorry for the delay; posting tonight. Promise.

The post was not at all delayed in part to still being red in the face every time I check this thread page. Nope. Not at all. Not embarrassed both in and out of character. Nope.

Overlord Rion
2013-04-10, 09:04 PM
And my response.

EDIT: On another note, I feel as if you guys need a level up.

YEah, totally. Screw it, you guys get a level up once you rest for the day.

INoKnowNames
2013-04-10, 09:11 PM
And my response.

EDIT: On another note, I feel as if you guys need a level up.

YEah, totally. Screw it, you guys get a level up once you rest for the day.

If only we received stat ups per level. That'd be even more awesome!

Then again, an ever increasing set of Cha is probably the last thing Alex needs right now...

Still, yay level up!

How do we roll our new hit dice? It's been a while since a level up has actually been earned in game...

INoKnowNames
2013-04-10, 09:17 PM
While we wait for responses from Cirophi and Themman, unless they'd like me to continue, I'd like to ask if I can roll a Sense Motive for Alex. She's very trusting, but we're being serious now, so any lie is a bad lie.

[roll0]

Hm... not bad. Any chance she can tell if he's just messing around with her or being serious? It'll affect how she responds next, since if she thinks he's not getting the point, she'll try to be more serious about that point, but if he's being genuine, she can be a bit more gentle and move on to the next one.

TechnOkami
2013-04-10, 10:06 PM
I really can't do much with Diplomacy (I mean, only a +2 to it, and I don't think I even took it, but I can't really tell since Mythweavers keeps shuffling my skills around because Mythweavers). Unless something funny like that unfurls and Cirophi feels like reacting to it, I don't have much to do besides a more violent form of diplomacy via smashing his head in w/ an Minion Astral Construct.

INoKnowNames
2013-04-10, 10:16 PM
I really can't do much with Diplomacy (I mean, only a +2 to it, and I don't think I even took it, but I can't really tell since Mythweavers keeps shuffling my skills around because Mythweavers). Unless something funny like that unfurls and Cirophi feels like reacting to it, I don't have much to do besides a more violent form of diplomacy via smashing his head in w/ an Minion Astral Construct.

So, unless you guys keep pointing out that the wanna-be holy-lady is only an alternate interpretation away from being a fetish (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NaughtyNuns), negotiations and such pretty much fall to Alex for the most part?

Overlord Rion
2013-04-10, 11:39 PM
Just roll the dice and take average if you get below half.

EDIT: Oh, and as far as you can tell, he's telling the truth.

INoKnowNames
2013-04-18, 10:34 AM
Well Fudge.

You guys have been waiting on -me- all this time, haven't you?

I'm sorry; I derped. Actions tonight, I swear.

Overlord Rion
2013-04-18, 01:47 PM
It's not my fault this time, whoo!

Yep, you should get on that.

INoKnowNames
2013-04-18, 08:42 PM
It's not my fault this time, whoo!

Yep, you should get on that.

Indeed. Please message me if I keep you guys waiting again. Unless something's happened again, that should keep me from keeping you waiting anymore. Working on my response now.

TechnOkami
2013-04-19, 10:59 PM
Spot. Check.

[roll0]

HOLLA HOLLA GET DOLLA.

Overlord Rion
2013-04-20, 01:12 AM
Oh, damn. I should probably actually roll then.

After Ms. Faithweaver and Cord make a check.

INoKnowNames
2013-04-20, 03:14 AM
OOC Notes:


No more Diplomacy rolls are required. He's compliant.

There's a difference between compliant and helpful, though! We need to make him into an ally! I had to word that very carefully, lest I give you guys more ammo to joke with.


At this, Halo chuffs, as if he's laughing.

I didn't know my dog was smarter than I thought... that seems more like a Cord move than a Halo move.

Actually....*


"You're talking in circles Ms. Faithweaver. I recommend you get to your questions soon so we can get this over with."

.... dang, I thought I had gotten into a rather serious bit of questioning, given that I just had Alex revealing to Gerome she has an idea as to why he's been committing crimes. I'd also hoped that he'd have a bit more detailed answer than that, given that he should be at least Indifferent... I was hoping I could get him to confirm if he had been shafted by the law or was a criminal by choice, though maybe I'm subconsciously hoping the former and ignoring the implications it might be the latter.

Okami? Succubus? Either of you have any input? *EDIT* I just realized how many hints I forgot to probe, so I've still got more to say, but shouldn't Cirophi or Themmen have any more script by now?


Oh, damn. I should probably actually roll then.

After Ms. Faithweaver and Cord make a check.

Me? ...and... the bird? :smallconfused:


Spot checks, people.

Curses, Spot Checks. Darn my lack of skills!

[roll0]

*.... did you mean Halo make a check, or Cord? I'll roll one for him as well, just in case.

[roll1]

*edit*: .... :smallsigh: Looks like Alex is best off using -her- looks, rather than looking around.

Overlord Rion
2013-04-20, 04:52 PM
Nope. Themmen can't see, doesn't mean his bird can't. And while Halo couldn't tell you anything if he sees, Cord can.

INoKnowNames
2013-04-20, 04:58 PM
Nope. Themmen can't see, doesn't mean his bird can't. And while Halo couldn't tell you anything if he sees, Cord can.

That still leaves Cirophi...

TechnOkami
2013-04-20, 05:09 PM
That still leaves Cirophi...

*runs around prancing merrily*

INoKnowNames
2013-04-21, 02:02 PM
*runs around prancing merrily*

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq8q6wUcMV1qbtacbo1_400.gif

So, neither of the other two want to / need to post yet? I'll post by tonight if not, but come on! A Nice Cop is only as effective as the Meanest Mean-Cop, and there's still plenty to be said!

TechnOkami
2013-04-21, 04:49 PM
I have been thoroughly nudged to say something, and say something I have!

INoKnowNames
2013-04-21, 04:55 PM
I have been thoroughly nudged to say something, and say something I have!

Thanks. Wouldn't have -quite- been in character for someone so gullible and innocent to realize she'd just been deceived, and no reason to reveal what the group knows when the suspect isn't showing all his cards either.

Hey! I'm smarter than my own character!

TechnOkami
2013-04-21, 04:58 PM
Hey! I'm smarter than my own character!

Funny, because I'm not nearly as intelligent as my own. :/

INoKnowNames
2013-04-21, 05:07 PM
Funny, because I'm not nearly as intelligent as my own. :/

In smarts, I talk about all the mental stats and how well they're actually put to use. Alex actually has as much Int as Cirophi, and the two of them are actually smarter than Themmen by Int alone.

So overall, Cirophi might be smarter than both of us, but that's probably okay. I'm of average mental sophistocation myself, and you're probably a good foot ahead of me, easily. Alex is a naive, gullible, trusting, sentimental Baka. So being smarter than her isn't much of an achievement.

Still, I -am- smarter than a 5th Grader 1st Level Healer.

TechnOkami
2013-04-21, 06:43 PM
In smarts, I talk about all the mental stats and how well they're actually put to use. Alex actually has as much Int as Cirophi, and the two of them are actually smarter than Themmen by Int alone.

So overall, Cirophi might be smarter than both of us, but that's probably okay. I'm of average mental sophistocation myself, and you're probably a good foot ahead of me, easily. Alex is a naive, gullible, trusting, sentimental Baka. So being smarter than her isn't much of an achievement.

Still, I -am- smarter than a 5th Grader 1st Level Healer.

It's ok, Alex is still prettier than Cirophi, bust and all.

INoKnowNames
2013-04-21, 08:13 PM
It's ok, Alex is still prettier than Cirophi, bust and all.

She can't help that she's got Angel blood in her! It's hardly her fault that, because of her body being literally formed within a forge of positive energy that she's more than equipped and predisposed to produce life! That's the excuse we'll stick to.

In other news, I just checked the rest of the thread, and saw that Cirophi did indeed make her spot check earlier. So I'm apparently -as- dumb as Alex. Or I just need better eyes, since I didn't see the post until now.

Are we waiting on me again? Might Themmen have a comment about Cirophi's notes? Or will Rion give Gerome a chance to respond?

Overlord Rion
2013-04-21, 08:49 PM
I had a thought, by the way. Is everyone cool if we switch to the Pathfinder way of gaining feats? (Basically every odd level instead of every three levels)

TechnOkami
2013-04-21, 08:58 PM
I had a thought, by the way. Is everyone cool if we switch to the Pathfinder way of gaining feats? (Basically every odd level instead of every three levels)

I'm not opposed. Do we keep the feats we already have.

TechnOkami
2013-04-21, 09:00 PM
That reminds me: what did Cirophi see, if anything?

Overlord Rion
2013-04-21, 09:09 PM
Let's see what the RNG says...

[roll0]

Also, yes. In the end, you guys end up with three whole extra feats.

EDIT: Cirophi sees Gerome's ropes loosening slowly, almost imperceptibly.

The Succubus
2013-04-29, 08:48 AM
Still here guys, I've just been a little tied up lately, as the thief said to the adventuring group.

I don't have access to d20 from work but I'll be able to do Cord's roll in a couple of hours.

The Succubus
2013-04-30, 03:03 AM
Huh. According to D20srd, Cord has 9 ranks in Spot. +7 for being a Raven and +2 for Alertness. Let's see what his beady little eyes pick up...

[roll0]

Overlord Rion
2013-04-30, 08:13 AM
They can be cool that way. In the case of both of you having the same skill, you take whoever has the higher ranks, then add bonuses from it. It was fun having a cat with my wizard's ranks in hide. Best scout ever.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-02, 07:43 PM
Heh. You guys got back before I did!

In any case, I feel like waiting for Gerome to try to speak up if at all, before Alex tries to intervene.

Also, I assume Cirophi could take 10 on using the rope (given that he was knocked-out at the time), and gets a +10 to being the tier than the tie-e, so without doing anything her check's a 21. That's a pretty decent knot.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-08, 09:58 AM
I can't help but notice this hasn't updated, so I'll double post/private message.


In any case, I feel like waiting for Gerome to try to speak up if at all, before Alex tries to intervene.

Give him a chance to respond, if that's okay.

TechnOkami
2013-05-08, 10:26 AM
Heh. You guys got back before I did!

In any case, I feel like waiting for Gerome to try to speak up if at all, before Alex tries to intervene.

Also, I assume Cirophi could take 10 on using the rope (given that he was knocked-out at the time), and gets a +10 to being the tier than the tie-e, so without doing anything her check's a 21. That's a pretty decent knot.

Should I have Cirophi do this?

INoKnowNames
2013-05-08, 10:42 AM
Should I have Cirophi do this?

Depends on if Rion wants you to try to roll for how effective your second attempt at making sure he stays bound goes, or not.

Overlord Rion
2013-05-09, 01:16 AM
Yeah, Cirophi can take as much time as she needs. He was doing this as slowly as he could in order to not attract attention.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-09, 08:14 AM
Yeah, Cirophi can take as much time as she needs. He was doing this as slowly as he could in order to not attract attention.

So, given that, her having taken even 20 on the check to tie him up would have been a possibility.

My own post in just a bit.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-09, 12:45 PM
Wow. My "just a bit" was about 5 hours. I'm apparently Freeza, and can't tell time.

Angry Diplomacy Check: [roll0]

I wonder if he knows who Daven is, since he knows who everyone else is.

Also, this picture seemed relevant.

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h346/JimHeck/Intimidation.jpg

Overlord Rion
2013-05-09, 11:47 PM
Does anybody remember if I gave you a name of the city you're in? I kind of...lost it in the shuffle.

EDIT: Eh, screw it. I'm calling it Gnoneril

Have a picture of the city

http://24.media.tumblr.com/81476aa74ed94beedbb56764fa12d9c9/tumblr_mmkgvpwiHX1sqyjeho1_1280.jpg

INoKnowNames
2013-05-13, 03:14 PM
Does anybody remember if I gave you a name of the city you're in? I kind of...lost it in the shuffle.

EDIT: Eh, screw it. I'm calling it Gnoneril

Have a picture of the city

http://24.media.tumblr.com/81476aa74ed94beedbb56764fa12d9c9/tumblr_mmkgvpwiHX1sqyjeho1_1280.jpg

Um...

Are we under water? :smalleek:

Overlord Rion
2013-05-13, 11:13 PM
Sometimes at night it looks that way.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-14, 03:44 PM
Does that mean I am justified in wondering if I, of all people, should have played Bioshock? Because for some reason, the first thing at the top of my mind is that I should have played Bioshock.

TechnOkami
2013-05-14, 04:46 PM
Does that mean I am justified in wondering if I, of all people, should have played Bioshock? Because for some reason, the first thing at the top of my mind is that I should have played Bioshock.

You should play Bioshock Infinite. Bloody wonderful game.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-14, 04:48 PM
You should play Bioshock Infinite. Bloody wonderful game.

I was referring to the original, at least. The whole "Underwater Scary Adventure" one, rather than the latest one, even if everyone in the world thinks it's as awesome as Super Smash Bros Brawl with the story telling of a Miyazaki Movie.

Hey! Miyazaki is in my spelling database! Miyazaki! Miyazaki! :smallbiggrin:

TechnOkami
2013-05-14, 04:55 PM
I was referring to the original, at least. The whole "Underwater Scary Adventure" one, rather than the latest one, even if everyone in the world thinks it's as awesome as Super Smash Bros Brawl with the story telling of a Miyazaki Movie.

Hey! Miyazaki is in my spelling database! Miyazaki! Miyazaki! :smallbiggrin:

Heh.

The first Bioshock is good, I couldn't get into the second (I didn't feel like a Big Daddy), and the lastest one is just, alskdjalkfhlahflashfhaslfahsfa play it.

The Succubus
2013-05-14, 05:57 PM
10gp says Alex gets attacked less than two metres from the entrance to the inn. :smalltongue:

INoKnowNames
2013-05-14, 05:59 PM
10gp says Alex gets attacked less than two metres from the entrance to the inn. :smalltongue:

Well great. Now that someone else lampshaded it, she's pretty much doomed. At the very least, her chances of being kidnapped could only be worse if she were also secretly a princess.

Edit: And no, as far as I know, she is not actually a princess. Angel Blood is bad enough for a Purity Sue without also making it Royal Blood.

TechnOkami
2013-05-14, 06:06 PM
10gp says Alex gets attacked less than two metres from the entrance to the inn. :smalltongue:

I'll take that bet. :smallbiggrin:

INoKnowNames
2013-05-14, 06:09 PM
I'll take that bet. :smallbiggrin:

And with that, I'll remind our Dm that I actually got off my big-arse and posted, so he gets to decide who gets da monies.

.... monies isn't spell-checked either? What the heck is a monies?

INoKnowNames
2013-05-15, 11:22 PM
Double posting just to say: I freaking called it.

Overlord Rion
2013-05-16, 12:16 AM
Indeed you did.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-18, 04:40 PM
Hm.... if I remember correctly, it seems like in character, you two suspect that Daven's trying to get us killed, right?

I still say, both from OOC, and from IC evidence (particularly Rurik's note to Cirophi) that he's a contact. Do you guys want to try to kill him before Alex tries to ask him about Rurik? I'll be posting tonight for sure, regardless of anyone else having posted or not, to help keep things moving.

Edit: Apparently, I am a ginormous, gosh darn liar. They took me after therapy to see Star Trek. I just got home.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-20, 11:03 AM
Hm.... Does Themmen have anything he wishes to say at this point? Might Cirophi want to add in her thoughts?

Because Alex went ahead and added to her part of the conversation. So if we aren't waiting on the players, then I think it's time for Gerome to respond.

(Not trying to be rude at all; just trying to keep the game going.)

INoKnowNames
2013-05-27, 08:44 PM
Want Alex to add to Themmen's request? Are you waiting on Cirophi to speak as well? Or is simply a small reminded needed? If so:

http://ramracing.racebx.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/bump.sign_.jpg

TechnOkami
2013-05-27, 08:50 PM
I'm waiting on the DM to get to Themman's question. Cirophi doesn't have much to add, if anything other than "standing there, listening, ready to beat something to a pulp with a minion if need be".

INoKnowNames
2013-05-27, 08:53 PM
I'm waiting on the DM to get to Themman's question. Cirophi doesn't have much to add, if anything other than "standing there, listening, ready to beat something to a pulp with a minion if need be".

Alex would most likely be more or less the same, hence my bump post. Just trying to keep the game alive and flowing, at least a little.

Overlord Rion
2013-05-27, 09:07 PM
And that was totally my bad.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-27, 09:14 PM
And that was totally my bad.

Does this count as a (Summoning) or a (Healing) Conjuration Spell? Either (Summon DM) or (Cure Minor Inactivity).....

The Succubus
2013-05-28, 03:05 AM
Wait, wait - so I know we have the drawing of us, have we also got the prison layout drawing as well?

Being blind means I don't pay as much attention to papers. >.>

Overlord Rion
2013-05-28, 03:29 AM
It's kind of a crude drawing, but yes, there is a picture with some smudged notes.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-28, 06:31 PM
As far as I am aware, we have the following items:

A note from Rurik asking to keep an eye out for one of Daven's contacts, and then find Daven and keep him from getting into trouble.

A note from Gerome asking not to kill him.

A drawing from Gerome of Cirophi, Themmen, and Alex, with some arrows pointing out relevant details on each(there better not be arrows pointing to Alex's chest... unless to note that's where she leaves her coins).

The prison floor plan from Gerome, with some smudged details.

And a paper from Gerome that may or may not be legible to Cirophi.

-------------------------------------------------

Also, you may be blind, but you're also a Wizard. So papers are still important to you. :smalltongue:

TechnOkami
2013-05-28, 07:04 PM
"And thus begins the epic quest of how Themman, Master Wizard, and his two young and lovely assistants begin the hard and perilous toil of transcribing every magical scroll, tome, rod, relic, and artifact... into braille."

INoKnowNames
2013-05-28, 07:16 PM
"And thus begins the epic quest of how Themman, Master Wizard, and his two young and lovely assistants begin the hard and perilous toil of transcribing every magical scroll, tome, rod, relic, and artifact... into braille."

He's a Master Wizard and yet he can't fix his blindness? :smalltongue:

TechnOkami
2013-05-28, 07:30 PM
He's a Master Wizard and yet he can't fix his blindness? :smalltongue:

It's not that he can't, its that he chooses not to. It'd ruin the image, sort of speak.

INoKnowNames
2013-05-28, 07:40 PM
It's not that he can't, its that he chooses not to. It'd ruin the image, sort of speak.

His image? He has a book that contains spells ranging from "read this" to "blow this the **** up". He has to pray that he's writing with a feathered pen and not his familiar. I think his image is the last thing he should be valuing.

Edit: HE'S BLIND! HOW DOES HE VALUE HIS IMAGE!?!

TechnOkami
2013-05-28, 08:05 PM
His image? He has a book that contains spells ranging from "read this" to "blow this the **** up". He has to pray that he's writing with a feathered pen and not his familiar. I think his image is the last thing he should be valuing.

Edit: HE'S BLIND! HOW DOES HE VALUE HIS IMAGE!?!

*sigh*

THE CONCEPT THEN. :smallyuk:

INoKnowNames
2013-05-28, 08:13 PM
*sigh*

THE CONCEPT THEN. :smallyuk:

'kay. Sorry for the bout of anal-ness; it just urked me. ^_^;

INoKnowNames
2013-06-01, 05:39 PM
3 Level 2 (after a nap) PCS, only 2 of which equipped enough to actually fight, are about to attempt to assist in a Jail Break.

OOC: :smallamused:

IC: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Overlord Rion
2013-06-01, 07:30 PM
Heheheheheh.

You're welcome.

INoKnowNames
2013-06-01, 09:49 PM
Heheheheheh.

You're welcome.

..... that scares me. Consider me scared.

The Succubus
2013-06-02, 10:27 AM
...we're level 2 now? When did that happen?

INoKnowNames
2013-06-02, 10:30 AM
...we're level 2 now? When did that happen?

He said we'd level up after we sleep; i'm generalizing a bit.

INoKnowNames
2013-06-08, 01:33 PM
Double Posting to make sure this is seen: I'm going to be gone from the 23rd to the 30th. If I get any internet at all, yay, but don't count on it. I'll be back the 1st of July.

INoKnowNames
2013-06-19, 09:36 AM
Triple posting, since no one cares that I'll be gone... :smallfrown:

Overlord Rion
2013-06-19, 09:40 AM
Oh don't worry. We care. I've just been busy with work and summer school.

INoKnowNames
2013-06-22, 07:58 PM
Oh don't worry. We care. I've just been busy with work and summer school.

Summer school is the busiest school... I hope everything is going well.

I hope I'll be able to keep internet while I'm gone... but until then, who wants to bet on the odds of an update while I'm gone? :smalltongue:

Overlord Rion
2013-06-22, 09:12 PM
That is in fact likely, as I'm close to beating The Last of Us as well.

INoKnowNames
2013-06-22, 09:33 PM
That is in fact likely, as I'm close to beating The Last of Us as well.

I thought you had work and summer school. :smallconfused:

:smalltongue:

Overlord Rion
2013-06-22, 10:23 PM
Oh don't you know? I mine video games for horrifying things I can bastardize for when you hit the horror arc.

INoKnowNames
2013-06-22, 10:30 PM
Oh don't you know? I mine video games for horrifying things I can bastardize for when you hit the horror arc.

http://i.imgur.com/DeBEF.gif

TechnOkami
2013-06-22, 11:59 PM
There's going to be a horror arc? :D

...that reminds me: where did we leave off/are stuck on now?

Overlord Rion
2013-06-23, 12:50 AM
Currently...you're planning a jailbreak. I was just doing some stuff for inspiration.

And yes, a horror/survival arc. It should be soon.

TechnOkami
2013-06-23, 02:41 AM
Right right, and no-one could come up with a better idea... hm... I think that that "window of opportunity" thing is still open as a more legal illegal opportunity for us to get him out. Of course, this means that we make ourselves known to them and make the potential jail heist a little riskier, BUT if we send Gerome back who was originally part of the thing to spring his friend so we could know what happened to Daven.

Then, we have a field day with Daven & move on from there.

Overlord Rion
2013-06-24, 03:34 PM
Well, I'll put a post up in the next day or two (good thing this game takes up little to none of your time, right guys?)

And correct me if I'm wrong, but Names is absent for now, right?

TechnOkami
2013-06-25, 02:32 AM
For now, yes.

INoKnowNames
2013-06-26, 08:21 AM
Well, I'll put a post up in the next day or two (good thing this game takes up little to none of your time, right guys?)

And correct me if I'm wrong, but Names is absent for now, right?


For now, yes.

If you wait too long, I genuinely -will- be back by the time you put up the post! Random check in for the one time I have uninterrupted internet for a few minutes!

You should probably go ahead and do what you intended to do: I'll probably be back before you get a second post in.

INoKnowNames
2013-06-30, 02:50 PM
I'm fully and officially back. So, what was that about updating before I return? :smallwink:

Overlord Rion
2013-06-30, 06:10 PM
Yes, well, you see....

My best friend came back for summer school. Cue carousing, anime, and drinking heavily. There you go.