PDA

View Full Version : The Rise (OOC)



Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Overlord Rion
2012-01-25, 03:27 PM
All right everyone, here's the OOC for you to chatter amongst yourselves.

I'll have a table for convenience up on a little bit, same for the IC.

{table=head]Character|Player|Race + Class
Themmen (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=29997)|The Succubus|Human Wizard (Diviner)
Cirophi Dal Nejem (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=362390)|TechnOkami|Elan Psion (Shaper)
Alexandria Faithweaver (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=362459)|INoKnowNames|Human Healer[/table]


The 16 (For future reference)

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

D&D 3.5

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

This is pretty much up in the air. I have ideas, but ultimately it's up to the players what is going to happen.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

3-4 Players

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

OOTS forums, but if the group wants a different client, I can do so.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Level 1. (Negotiable)

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

WBL.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

Core, anything else approved by me.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

Any race or template beyond the PHB is going to have to be run by me.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

4d6b3. You may also re-roll if the combined total of your bonuses are +2 or less.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

PM me your alignments.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

There are no penalties, as long as you don't just dip.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

PCs roll the PC dice for all to see, I roll the DM dice in secret. Like I'm behind a screen.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

-The encounters will be tailored to the party.

-Everyone you talk to will have their own reasons for saying what they say. Keep that in mind that you may not be able to trust whatever they say.

-If you don't post for two days, I'll be taking control of your character. If you don't post for five days afterwards without good reason your PC will die and someone else will be allowed in your place.

-You cannot "reserve" spots. The spot is yours only when I get the character sheet and have approved it.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

At least a reasonable paragraph.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

Roleplaying and hack & slash, and probably some puzzles. You're going to uncover the secrets of the world.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?*

Anything from core is automatically approved, anything else run it past me.

Laendri
2012-01-25, 04:20 PM
Excellent. Lets see what kind of world we are living on, so we can all meet in the tavern. :smallbiggrin:

TechnOkami
2012-01-25, 04:29 PM
a tavern? Bah, we should meet in a Bazzar! :P

INoKnowNames
2012-01-25, 05:12 PM
I had to look again to make sure I wasn't posting into my Zombie related game "They Rise". Heh...

Lets see.... I think I'd prefer a Bazaar over a Tavern. Party Games and a Festival like environment vs Underage Drinking.

Also, before anyone else claims colors, I claim this pretty one, assuming it doesn't cause viability problems.

Laendri
2012-01-25, 05:26 PM
Also, before anyone else claims colors, I claim this pretty one, assuming it doesn't cause viability problems.

Not viability but visibility. It hurts my eyes :smallcool:

A bazaar? Too mainstream, lets make it a flea market. xD

TechnOkami
2012-01-25, 05:28 PM
Hmm... what would be a good color for Cirofi...

...how about this?

INoKnowNames
2012-01-25, 05:35 PM
Not viability but visibility. It hurts my eyes :smallcool:

A bazaar? Too mainstream, lets make it a flea market. xD

The -one- time I don't spell check something, and I miss it because the letter I ment to type was 1 next to one of the most commonly typed letters in existance. I just kinda kept going from there...

Is this any better?

Also, why a flea market? That sounds like it'd be more mainstream than Bazaar...

Plus, can you have a Pie Eating Contest at a Flea Market without people looking at you funny?

TechnOkami
2012-01-25, 05:56 PM
Is this any better?

That is much easier on the eyes.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-25, 06:07 PM
That is much easier on the eyes.

Honestly, I couldn't tell the difference for a second. But I suppose it's fine with me either way.

Laendri
2012-01-25, 06:26 PM
Yeah second blue is better.

Overlord Rion any color you want to save for DM ?

Overlord Rion
2012-01-25, 06:52 PM
I usually just go with bold and change colors as needed to differentiate.

TechnOkami
2012-01-25, 06:56 PM
I bold as well, and just italicize whenever she's thinking something.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-25, 07:49 PM
I suppose we're just waiting for our blind Wizard friend, huh...

Overlord Rion
2012-01-26, 02:22 AM
I'm working on the IC. Should be up at some point in the next 24 hours.

The Succubus
2012-01-26, 04:45 AM
I suppose we're just waiting for our blind Wizard friend, huh...

Sorry, failed my Spot check on this thread for some reason. Green will do for me.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-26, 04:55 AM
Sorry, failed my Spot check on this thread for some reason. Green will do for me.

Apparently, I rolled a Natural 20 on my Listen check, and heard you post in my sleep.

I wonder why Laendri hasn't chosen a color for Kurmak yet. I think he should be Red. Red makes a decent Barbarian color. No jokes about how Red + Blue makes Purple.

Laendri
2012-01-26, 05:52 AM
I was going to take red. But then I thought that red feels violent. And Kurmak is not violent, he just happen to be very furious when he fights. And enjoys it. And look forward ir. But he is not violent.

Maybe i will speak in a biggee font insted, because of his strong deep barry white voice.
Like this.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-26, 06:22 AM
I was going to take red. But then I thought that red feels violent. And Kurmak is not violent, he just happen to be very furious when he fights. And enjoys it. And look forward ir. But he is not violent.

But it also symbolises Love and Passion. It's such a beautiful color... It doesn't have to be Violent...

TechnOkami
2012-01-26, 10:14 AM
But it also symbolises Love and Passion. It's such a beautiful color... It doesn't have to be Violent...

"Thok disagree with your colloquial vocabulary. >:("

Laendri
2012-01-26, 10:39 AM
But it also symbolises Love and Passion. It's such a beautiful color... It doesn't have to be Violent...

Here is my face full of love: :smallfurious:

Also, you are right, red is also love and passion... Kurmak should use red... I'm looking at you 18 CHA virgin girl *wink*

TechnOkami
2012-01-26, 11:06 AM
...I'm rather thankful I'm not a Wilder, or have a high charisma @[email protected]

INoKnowNames
2012-01-26, 11:26 AM
"Thok disagree with your colloquial vocabulary. >:("

I said Passionate, not Int, Wis, and Cha-Dump Dim. Even Beast with his -2 Charisma could act right. And he got himself a nice girl for it.


Here is my face full of love: :smallfurious:

Also, you are right, red is also love and passion... Kurmak should use red... I'm looking at you 18 CHA virgin girl *wink*

.... Don't you want a nice Elan? Human girls are so frail; you want someone more your speed. Besides, why does her virginity matter?


...I'm rather thankful I'm not a Wilder, or have a high charisma @[email protected]

Your charisma rating only has to deal with your strength of personality, not your appearance. You're totally fine. Go get him!

TechnOkami
2012-01-26, 11:55 AM
Well, I guess I can solve this, with role-play!

After a lighthearted chuckle, Cirophi gathers herself to give the tall grey-man a response."I'm sorry, I'm not interested." Touch me and I will squash your mind. ;)

INoKnowNames
2012-01-26, 12:34 PM
Well, I guess I can solve this, with role-play!

The game hasn't started yet! Role playing doesn't when we haven't even seen the Start Screen!


After a lighthearted chuckle, Cirophi gathers herself to give the tall grey-man a response."I'm sorry, I'm not interested." Touch me and I will squash your mind. ;)

"You don't need to be so rude, you know", Alexandria whispers to the Elan.Also, you said you couldn't do things like that back in the other thread...

By the way, what does an Elan look like? You should try to find a picture of one and put it on your sheet. Help others visualize your character. I did, although it was very-very-very-very-very-very-very-very-very hard to do.

Laendri
2012-01-26, 12:55 PM
Well, I guess I can solve this, with role-play!

After a lighthearted chuckle, Cirophi gathers herself to give the tall grey-man a response."I'm sorry, I'm not interested." Touch me and I will squash your mind. ;)

It's ok...http://lolpics.se/pics/21925.jpg


See the red color makes it look worse :(

Overlord Rion
2012-01-26, 01:10 PM
By the way, what does an Elan look like? You should try to find a picture of one and put it on your sheet. Help others visualize your character. I did, although it was very-very-very-very-very-very-very-very-very hard to do.

That's the thing about Elans. They look very much like humans. Basically indistinguishable from one.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-26, 01:52 PM
It's ok... Horrifying Image of Horrible that will never be quoted by me and that might have caused a heart attack.
See the red color makes it look worse :(

The Red Color did not make that -any- worse than it already is, and you know it. I was actually considering humoring the relationship between a Saint and a Savage, but if you're going to act like your have 3 Int, 1 Wis, and 1 Cha, than you can forget it! *storms off*


That's the thing about Elans. They look very much like humans. Basically indistinguishable from one.

I still say he should provide a picture for his character. Especially without any specifically identifiable features.

TechnOkami
2012-01-26, 03:37 PM
Ok, issues with a picture of even decent resemblance:

It's very difficult to find an image of a very tall woman with long red hair, wearing a turban AND a poncho.

If I ever get my scanner working, I have some drawn pictures I'll post up when I get the chance.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-26, 03:40 PM
Ok, issues with a picture of even decent resemblance:

It's very difficult to find an image of a very tall woman with long red hair, wearing a turban AND a poncho.

If I ever get my scanner working, I have some drawn pictures I'll post up when I get the chance.

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to find a picture of a Staffless, Red Headed, Green Eyed White Mage that isn't Fan-Serviced up the Wazoo?

The one I settled on has her eyes closed and jewelry on that Alex wouldn't have, and that's probably as close as I'll get without cheating (ie drawing).

I doubt you can't find at least something that comes close...

The Succubus
2012-01-26, 03:52 PM
By the way, what does an Elan look like?

:elan:

......

I'll have a piccie of Themman up by the weekend - probably an OoTS avatar version of him.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-26, 04:00 PM
:elan:

ELAN'S NOT HUMAN BUT VERY CLOSE TO BEING SO!?! Just kidding, Smarty pants.


I'll have a piccie of Themman up by the weekend - probably an OoTS avatar version of him.

I suppose I could just do that, but it still seems too easy...

Did you fix your character sheet?

And Overlord, what do you mean by Alternates, exactly? Might they be joining our game, or just in case someone leaves? If only because of some of the things Laendri's said, I wondered what might happen if the Barbarian and Fighter competed for the Healer...

Overlord Rion
2012-01-26, 05:39 PM
In case somebody stops posting, I try to keep a list of people who wanted to join before.

So yeah, exactly.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-26, 05:45 PM
In case somebody stops posting, I try to keep a list of people who wanted to join before.

So yeah, exactly.

Oh. Just in case people quit. Ah. Why am I depressed to know that the warriors won't be able to compete for the hand of the white mage? WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME!?! Edit: It's apparently much easier to see a hidden message in LemonChiffon than in White.

Overlord Rion
2012-01-26, 06:16 PM
PbP tend to die more quickly than I had hoped. I currently have two that I'm playing in that seem like they'll go on for a while.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-26, 06:24 PM
I suppose it's a bit mean of me to ask how long until our game can begin, then. Players can be so selfish some times...

Laendri
2012-01-26, 06:54 PM
Your girls are ugly :smallyuk: I don't want to rape you anymore :smallyuk:

Btw, I found this pics in a fast-search, hope they are useful:
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/197/4/6/desert_warrior_by_schattenlos.jpg
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs25/i/2009/240/d/e/Poncho_by_Talking_Jive.jpg
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs32/f/2008/228/f/8/Delfos_oracle_by_GENZOMAN.jpg
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/238/4/5/dancing_in_a_dream_by_kalosys-d3hnd7a.jpg


I'm interested in the setting of the game. But let's just wait till Rion wants.

TechnOkami
2012-01-26, 07:15 PM
Your girls are ugly :smallyuk: I don't want to rape you anymore :smallyuk:

Btw, I found this pics in a fast-search, hope they are useful:
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/197/4/6/desert_warrior_by_schattenlos.jpg
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs25/i/2009/240/d/e/Poncho_by_Talking_Jive.jpg
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs32/f/2008/228/f/8/Delfos_oracle_by_GENZOMAN.jpg
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/238/4/5/dancing_in_a_dream_by_kalosys-d3hnd7a.jpg


I'm interested in the setting of the game. But let's just wait till Rion wants.

The first two are a yes, the last two are a no.

*mumble grumble 'bout internet picture searches*

INoKnowNames
2012-01-26, 07:23 PM
Your girls are ugly :smallyuk: I don't want to rape you anymore :smallyuk:

.... Am I suppost to be insulted by that, or happy for it?



Btw, I found this pics in a fast-search, hope they are useful:
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/197/4/6/desert_warrior_by_schattenlos.jpg
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs25/i/2009/240/d/e/Poncho_by_Talking_Jive.jpg
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs32/f/2008/228/f/8/Delfos_oracle_by_GENZOMAN.jpg
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/238/4/5/dancing_in_a_dream_by_kalosys-d3hnd7a.jpg




The first two are a yes, the last two are a no.

I can only assume that the last two were for me, Okami.

And speaking of them, the first was an example of what I was referencing. If no one else cares, then I don't, but someone walking around like that would draw a lot of attention to themselves. The last thing a Saint in training needs is a Harem.

And in both cases, I don't think they can maintain that level of quality in the little character photographs.


I'm interested in the setting of the game. But let's just wait till Rion wants.

We have to make sure Succubus' character is complete, too. He's still working on it, last time I checked.

Laendri
2012-01-26, 07:56 PM
It would be funny as hell if she actually wear that kind of clothes xD "I'm pure" "Your a sl**" lol

Btw do you guys want our group to just recently get together or to have a history?

TechnOkami
2012-01-26, 08:01 PM
Btw do you guys want our group to just recently get together or to have a history?

I think we should let the GM have at that one. I have no preference towards either or.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-26, 08:02 PM
It would be funny as hell if she actually wear that kind of clothes xD "I'm pure" "Your a sl**" lol

I'm not sure if you're trolling me or are attempting reverse psychology. One way or the other, I'm actually half way tempted to use the first picture now, just to spite you. Remove a rank from Concentration and Sense Motive, and use it to have a full rank in Perform (Dance). Alex could simply prefer the dancing outfit to the bulky dress.

As for a history, I'm not sure if I want a history with the Barbarian... but I'm willing to comply for the sake of the game.

Overlord Rion
2012-01-26, 08:15 PM
Actually....Would the ladies mind terribly if they had previously worked together?

TechnOkami
2012-01-26, 08:17 PM
You know, I think I finally found a picture which might not look exactly like her, gives the feel of what she should be like.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/356/9/9/nomad_by_fluxen-d4jvk9p.jpgJust replace the big creature behind her with a camel :P

Actually....Would the ladies mind terribly if they had previously worked together?I don't have a problem with this.

Laendri
2012-01-26, 08:43 PM
You know, I think I finally found a picture which might not look exactly like her, gives the feel of what she should be like.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/356/9/9/nomad_by_fluxen-d4jvk9p.jpg

Nice! It really feels like your character. And who is the lady in front of her :smallbiggrin:

TechnOkami
2012-01-26, 08:45 PM
Nice! It really feels like your character. And who is the lady in front of her :smallbiggrin:

Bad meat-shield, down boy, down.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-26, 08:57 PM
You know, I think I finally found a picture which might not look exactly like her, gives the feel of what she should be like.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/356/9/9/nomad_by_fluxen-d4jvk9p.jpgJust replace the big creature behind her with a camel :P

Looks rather nice, but will that fit on your sheet and still look as good?



I don't have a problem with this.

Neither do I. Hopefully Halo won't have an issue with... what's the Camel's name?

TechnOkami
2012-01-26, 08:59 PM
Looks rather nice, but will that fit on your sheet and still look as good?
Neither do I. Hopefully Halo won't have an issue with... what's the Camel's name?

Um, is it ok if I just have a link to it on my sheet?

Also, the camel's name is pending. I'll get to naming him after my German test. q-q

INoKnowNames
2012-01-26, 09:06 PM
Um, is it ok if I just have a link to it on my sheet?

I suppose... cheater. :3

That's seriously half the problem with pictures, unfortunately.


Also, the camel's name is pending. I'll get to naming him after my German test. q-q

Ouch. Good luck on your test.

Laendri
2012-01-26, 09:11 PM
Whats wrong with having a little portrait of it?
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7269/nomadavatar.jpg
There, orange-r hair
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6597/nomadavatarorange.jpg
And bonus showing your true-self:
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3001/nomadavatarorangelol.jpg

INoKnowNames
2012-01-26, 09:15 PM
Whats wrong with having a little portrait of it?
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7269/nomadavatar.jpg

That's.... actually pretty good. Nice one.

Hm.... Just out of curiosity, since I'm fine with what I have so far, but think you can do one like that for Alex?

Laendri
2012-01-26, 09:24 PM
Hm.... Just out of curiosity, since I'm fine with what I have so far, but think you can do one like that for Alex?

Which Alex of all?

INoKnowNames
2012-01-26, 09:30 PM
Which Alex of all?

Good Question. Unless I find a good picture, I guess you can surprise me.

Although I suppose, knowing the first impression from you, that I have to ask that you keep it at least appropriate for the forum.... :smallsigh:

Laendri
2012-01-26, 09:58 PM
Good Question. Unless I find a good picture, I guess you can surprise me.

Although I suppose, knowing the first impression from you, that I have to ask that you keep it at least appropriate for the forum.... :smallsigh:

I don't know much about your character to know which one was good, here are some.
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/963/86129160.jpg http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3347/84348503.jpg http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/385/65005736.jpg

Bonus true-self:
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6959/86738778.jpg

INoKnowNames
2012-01-26, 10:07 PM
I don't know much about your character to know which one was good, here are some.
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/963/86129160.jpg http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3347/84348503.jpg http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/385/65005736.jpg

Bonus true-self:
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6959/86738778.jpg

I think I like the left one the best, although maybe a bit older looking than Alex is.

.... The last one's not good because she's not a nurse... amoung other reasons....

Why the heck am I even goading you, but I kinda want to see what the worst is you think you could get away with in terms of her appearance.

TechnOkami
2012-01-26, 10:21 PM
Whats wrong with having a little portrait of it?
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7269/nomadavatar.jpg
There, orange-r hair
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6597/nomadavatarorange.jpg
And bonus showing your true-self:
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3001/nomadavatarorangelol.jpg

Not gonna lie, that made me laugh. I'll set the redhead one as my character's icon.

Overlord Rion
2012-01-26, 11:40 PM
Actually....Would the ladies mind terribly if they had previously worked together?

INoKnowNames
2012-01-26, 11:56 PM
Actually....Would the ladies mind terribly if they had previously worked together?

I thought you already asked that. And that we both said yes.

Overlord Rion
2012-01-27, 12:02 AM
It's really weird that it posted twice at different times. Da hell?

Anyway, IC should be up soon.

TechnOkami
2012-01-27, 12:15 AM
...I'm thinking I should swap my Str and my Dex around.

Overlord Rion
2012-01-27, 03:18 AM
SO sorry it took so long to get an IC up, it just took me a while to figure out where I wanted everyone to be.

BOOYAH, IT'S THE IC! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230375)

TechnOkami
2012-01-27, 03:39 AM
I'd like to begin training some of the commoners as lvl 1 Psions.

Overlord Rion
2012-01-27, 06:10 AM
I'd like to begin training some of the commoners as lvl 1 Psions.

Not sure if serious. If so, I need to pull out the percentage die.

TechnOkami
2012-01-27, 06:19 AM
Not sure if serious. If so, I need to pull out the percentage die.

I am very. The more commoners we can turn to our level and give power to, the better the odds of us coming out up on top in this situation.

For now, this is how Cirrophi would break things apart: 1/5 healers, 1/5 psions, 1/5 barbarians (once we get familiar with him and if he help us against the siege), 1/5 wizards (who are NOT blind), and 1/5 still commoners for moving supplies around, giving aid, reinforcing constructions, ect.

Laendri
2012-01-27, 07:27 AM
Wtf I'm outside? Long life the horde!!! Lol.
Btw, kurmak has now int 13 but he is already kind of stupid, in part because he has.no education.

Do does attacks need to be with rage modifiers? Or charge?

What creatures are attacking?

Phone-wrote, sorry for mistakes.

Edit: Made the attacks already so I don't hold the game with my stupid questions :smalltongue:
Assuming Power Attack 1 and rage, if not possible just modify the numbers.

Edit2: :smallcool:


Why the heck am I even goading you, but I kinda want to see what the worst is you think you could get away with in terms of her appearance.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/3108/71413933.jpg
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/3557/84661258.jpg

INoKnowNames
2012-01-27, 11:18 AM
Wtf I'm outside? Long life the horde!!! Lol.
Btw, kurmak has now int 13 but he is already kind of stupid, in part because he has.no education.

Lacking an education doesn't make you stupid. Even with 13 int, you're smarter than most of the croud. You could certainly be a fast learner. And 13 Wis is definitely enough to give you a good deal of Common Sense, too. The only mental stat you have that's bad is Cha, and with a 9, you could just have bad table manners.

As to Okami, I'm honestly not sure what you mean by the break down, exactly....

And as for the campain in general, we're essentially each travelers, but Cirophi and I managed to both be within the same town at the same place while it started being attacked, and both of us felt like contributing out of our own personal reasons (the goodness in her heart in Alex's case, and her reasons only in Cirophi's case, I assume). Kurmak's just Barbarianing it up as a paid guard, and an NPC speaks of a blind Wizard that they'd like to ask to have help?

Am I up to speed so far?

Final Edit: Seriously, I might never look in another spoiler provided by Laendri again. Horrifying.... I'd tell you to watch yourself, but Alex is oathbound to help anyone who needs her.

Laendri
2012-01-27, 11:22 AM
Lacking an education doesn't make you stupid. Even with 13 int, you're smarter than most of the croud. You could certainly be a fast learner. And 13 Wis is definitely enough to give you a good deal of Common Sense, too. The only mental stat you have that's bad is Cha, and with a 9, you could just have bad table manners.

The fact is that his WIS is decent, that makes him playable, but even with INT 13 I want to play him... kind of stupid, sumthing near Forest Gump. A guy who doesn't get it.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-27, 11:26 AM
The fact is that his WIS is decent, that makes him playable, but even with INT 13 I want to play him... kind of stupid, sumthing near Forest Gump. A guy who doesn't get it.

Ah, so you want to play the idiot hero.... If it were an Asian flavored story, I'd start calling you Baka.

Laendri
2012-01-27, 11:39 AM
Ah, so you want to play the idiot hero....

Also (even when I have yet to decide it) my plan is to make Kurmak more and more pure muscle, probably at the cost of some dex and int. If we can find a dex bonus magic item soon enough I want to go TWF.

Do you think I should talk like the typical orc babarian or like a fool?
"Kurmak smash!"

INoKnowNames
2012-01-27, 11:43 AM
Also (even when I have yet to decide it) my plan is to make Kurmak more and more pure muscle, probably at the cost of some dex and int. If we can find a dex bonus magic item soon enough I want to go TWF.

Do you think I should talk like the typical orc babarian or like a fool?
"Kurmak smash!"

Personally, I can't say I like typical Barbarian talk. I haven't seen a single one that doesn't sound like the Hulk.

Someone who tries, but simply never had the teaching? Occasionally mixing up words, and repeated use of "thingy" for objects they don't know? Just an example of what I'd expect from a fool, but it wouldn't be bad...

TechnOkami
2012-01-27, 02:30 PM
question: what kind of a siege are we talking about here? Is it heavily fortified castle vs siege weaponry, or more like barbarian horde vs walled town?

Overlord Rion
2012-01-27, 04:41 PM
Horde vs walled town. The walls are just really really sturdy.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to figure out if any of the people in the town have an aptitude for Psionics.

Laendri
2012-01-27, 05:28 PM
What? What did I hit? Why I am hungry and lonely? Don't leave me like this! :O Who cares about psionics :P

TechnOkami
2012-01-27, 06:00 PM
In the words of Yugi-oh The Abridged...

MIND CRUSH
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll138/yamiyugi_01/1x329.jpgAnd I'm sorry GM. :(

INoKnowNames
2012-01-27, 09:34 PM
I feel like I might be only making it worse, but where exactly might Alex be involved? Tending to those in need? Possibly at the closest thing to a Good aligned church? If not, then perhaps a hospital, either that the city already had, or that she at the very least established herself to tend to those in need. Hopefully others with gentle and steady hands could assist her in caring for the people there.

Laendri
2012-01-27, 09:53 PM
I belive it's a small town, about 200 people. Maybe some sturdy log wall arround it. But small enough for not having anything like a hospital. Maybe you can make a big tent or take over the tavern rooms for your... "cares" :smallamused:

@Overlord Rion: So I was outside the town when the siege started and they just recently let me in? Or I was in but imprisioned? Or is the horde who is giving me food?

Overlord Rion
2012-01-28, 01:56 AM
Laendri: The "horde" has been bolstered with some mercenaries, among them, yourself. They siege has gone on long enough that it's more or less turned into a blockade.

INKN: The place has no actual hospital, but there is a small shrine that has more or less been turned into a hospital tent. There are several who have some small skill in healing, but only one actual doctor to help you out.

TechnOkami: So you're rolling for the two who are not obviously Soulknives, right?

TechnOkami
2012-01-28, 02:53 AM
TechnOkami: So you're rolling for the two who are not obviously Soulknives, right?

I am indeed good sir.

Laendri
2012-01-28, 10:10 AM
Laendri: The "horde" has been bolstered with some mercenaries, among them, yourself.
So I am with the horde? For a second I though a was trying to enter the town for food and found it closed due to the siege. Not that I was attacking it xD

So where I got the food? in the horde camp?

And what is that sound that doesn't let me lick my spoon in peace! :smallbiggrin:

INoKnowNames
2012-01-28, 04:52 PM
I belive it's a small town, about 200 people. Maybe some sturdy log wall arround it. But small enough for not having anything like a hospital. Maybe you can make a big tent or take over the tavern rooms for your... "cares" :smallamused:

I'm going to ignore any possible negative conotations to that and just accept the information at face value.


INKN: The place has no actual hospital, but there is a small shrine that has more or less been turned into a hospital tent. There are several who have some small skill in healing, but only one actual doctor to help you out.

I suppose that's more than enough to work with. A leader to help oversee assistance and plans, several semi-skilled caregivers to help tend to each person under supervision, and maybe some of the commoners to help carry in people and obtain supplies around the town... assuming I'm not imagining too much...


So I am with the horde? For a second I though a was trying to enter the town for food and found it closed due to the siege. Not that I was attacking it xD

I think I'm fine with this either way. I'm still trying to figure out how Alexandria could sleep comfortably with someone as brutish as Kurmak close by. :smallannoyed: Jk :3

Hey, Succubus posted without joining in any of the comentary in the OOC! Do we scare you, Succubus, that you can only speak to us In Character? I feel offended! :smallfrown: Again, Jk. :)

Also, did you ever get around to fixing your character sheet? You probably have a better chance of getting answers here than in the 3.5 thread.

I wonder how this party's going to form...

The Succubus
2012-01-28, 05:21 PM
Cord is still missing some stats but I think Themman's sheet is ok.

I "see" everyone is busy training up villagers to fend off the siege - something tells me a blind wizard that uses his familiar as a targetting system isn't going to be much use as a teacher.....

Laendri
2012-01-28, 05:25 PM
Hey, Succubus posted without joining in any of the comentary in the OOC! Do we scare you, Succubus, that you can only speak to us In Character? I feel offended! :smallfrown: Again, Jk. :)


I guess he did not see the commentaries :smallbiggrin:

By how the party will form, I'll tell you. I'll lead the horde to victory and take both girls as slaves and the blind mage as butler, it would be hilarious :smallbiggrin:

... I hope you don't kill me in our first meeting xD


Btw, here is "the cure" this town offered to Succubus:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3050/2590336202_eec8bbc16e.jpg

He figured out it was a scam when he smelled the glue. :smallcool:


something tells me a blind wizard that uses his familiar as a targetting system isn't going to be much use as a teacher.....

Bonus: (You can train me, Themman)
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3048/lol1si.jpg

The Succubus
2012-01-28, 05:28 PM
Note to self - at the very earliest opportunity, Colour Spray Kurmak in the face.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-28, 05:29 PM
Note to self - at the very earliest opportunity, Colour Spray Kurmak in the face.

Please sleep Alex during the process, so she isn't required to heal him.

Also, Themmen's -still- rocking that Spell Component Pouch. :3

Change it to a Belt Pouch for the sake of putting your GP or other small things in, and just refund the difference in price.

As for Cord, I did give some suggestions on him. Copy as much as you can from the Raven Stat Block, and then use the changes I listed in the thread you posted. I could probably bring them here in a second, actually...

Laendri
2012-01-28, 05:33 PM
Note to self - at the very earliest opportunity, Colour Spray Kurmak in the face.

Meanwhile in Kurmak's brain...
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkim00ZUWU1qzass3o1_500.png

I WILL LOOK SO PRETTY!



Edit: INKN why don't you get an avatar? It's easier to identify everyones posts that way.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-28, 05:39 PM
Edit: INKN why don't you get an avatar? It's easier to identify everyones posts that way.

I did have one of my first character, but I think I'm going to make it of what I'd see myself as, and just make those character depictions into a good ... what the -HECK- is that called. The thing that goes under your posts, with various amusing coments. It's on the tip of my tongue.

Anyway, I'm trying to do the little Oots style artwork, but I've been distracted recently. College, Work, Car Accident Yesterday, Family Issues, Church, Exercise. My life suddenly decided it wanted to get busy.

Laendri
2012-01-28, 05:56 PM
what the -HECK- is that called. The thing that goes under your posts, with various amusing coments. It's on the tip of my tongue.


Teeth? :smallbiggrin:

Maybe you mean the signature, but I don't think so :smalltongue:

Also, just so you know, everytime you post without an avatar I imagine the sexy nurse instead :smallwink:

INoKnowNames
2012-01-28, 06:03 PM
Teeth? :smallbiggrin:

Maybe you mean the signature, but I don't think so :smalltongue:

Yeah, Signature! That's what I meant. Wait, how do you get teeth from it?


Also, just so you know, everytime you post without an avatar I imagine the sexy nurse instead :smallwink:

.... Every time I post -in character- (which, to be fair, based on how White Mages are portrayed in fiction, I can't blame you) or -out of character- (which is horribly creepy and disturbing)?

Laendri
2012-01-28, 06:08 PM
Yeah, Signature! That's what I meant. Wait, how do you get teeth from it?

It's on the tip of my tongue.

.... Every time I post -in character- (which, to be fair, based on how White Mages are portrayed in fiction, I can't blame you) or -out of character- (which is horribly creepy and disturbing)?

BOTH :smallwink: HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAA

INoKnowNames
2012-01-28, 06:15 PM
BOTH :smallwink: HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAA

Is it too late to have more people in the party? With one person blind, and the other two trustable characters both being relatively young and definitely needing what sleep they can, I'm not sure if I trust the last member to be on guard duty.Of course I enjoy more people in the party, but I appologise if this seems too offensive.

The Succubus
2012-01-28, 06:23 PM
Why is everyone forgetting about Cord? :smallfrown:

Don't forget that just because Themman is blind, Cord *isn't* and is quite capable of alerting the group should our resident barbarian suddenly develop Wandering Hand Syndrome, which my gf informs me can have fatal consequences.....:smalleek:

INoKnowNames
2012-01-28, 06:28 PM
Why is everyone forgetting about Cord? :smallfrown:

I forget about him because he still isn't stated. :smalltongue:


Don't forget that just because Themman is blind, Cord *isn't* and is quite capable of alerting the group should our resident barbarian suddenly develop Wandering Hand Syndrome, which my gf informs me can have fatal consequences.....:smalleek:

I'm less worried about him having Wandering Hand Syndrome and more worried about, un-raged, him being almost able to pick Alex up and run off with her with little issue and minimal resistance. Under a Rage, it would be like the Arcade Donkey Kong up in here...

Overlord Rion
2012-01-28, 06:35 PM
At which point, Kurmak has other problems he will soon be dealing with.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-28, 06:39 PM
At which point, Kurmak has other problems he will soon be dealing with.

You've stated up Mario?

Laendri
2012-01-28, 06:40 PM
You mean, like, italian plumbers !? :smalleek:


Fk, got ninja'ed

Edit: btw who is Cord?

INoKnowNames
2012-01-28, 06:42 PM
You mean, like, italian plumbers !? :smalleek:


Fk, got ninja'ed

Edit: btw who is Cord?

I believe the technical term is Swordsaged.

And Cord is the Raven Familiar of our Blind Wizard.

Laendri
2012-01-28, 06:49 PM
I've had bad experiences with familiars guarding the camp. Specially that time a wizard's raven was in guard duty while all the party needed to sleep for healing, and an evil ogre mage casted silence, so the raven trid to wake me up with his beak... 20/20 nuff' said. :smallfurious: (Ok, it was pretty funny, but most of the party died and the game stopped there.)
And what if the raven is evil? :O Maybe he is a polymorphed evil wizard!!! We must kill him to be sure, they return to their real form when killed...
"Kurmak is hungry... ravens taste like chikinz!"
:smallbiggrin:




Note: How does Themman learn new spells? Do scrolls writen in braille exist? xD

INoKnowNames
2012-01-28, 06:55 PM
I've had bad experiences with familiars guarding the camp. Specially that time a wizard's raven was in guard duty while all the party needed to sleep for healing, and an evil ogre mage casted silence, so the raven trid to wake me up with his beak... 20/20 nuff' said. :smallfurious: (Ok, it was pretty funny, but most of the party died and the game stopped there.)

I feel like I would have wanted to see this.


And what if the raven is evil? :O Maybe he is a polymorphed evil wizard!!! We must kill him to be sure, they return to their real form when killed...
"Kurmak is hungry... ravens taste like chikinz!"
:smallbiggrin:

Perhapse Kurmak is the evil Polymorphed one.... Heck, isn't he in the horde?


Note: How does Themman learn new spells? Do scrolls writen in braille exist? xD

This, I admit, is an -incredibly- good question. Perhapse he can feel where the spells were traced, considering he did have the capacity to read at one time.

The Succubus
2012-01-28, 07:10 PM
I believe our beloved DM was talking about some kind of homebrew spell that merged Scholar's Touch with Read Magic....

Overlord Rion
2012-01-28, 07:51 PM
Indeed. Assume you can prepare that one from memory, but I'm up for suggestions for a name.

Laendri
2012-01-28, 08:00 PM
I have an awesome name for it, but won't tell until you tell me what that listen check Kurmak did was for. :smallannoyed:

Edit: hmmm I don't believe you but... in RL it's called "dermovision", Dermic Vision, a special kind of clarividence where you can "see" with your hands.
Something like "Dermic Reading" or "Dermoreading" should be the name.
But I think it should be called "Letters Handjob" or the more exotic term "Sexy -massaging Scrolls" aka SMS.
:smalltongue:

Overlord Rion
2012-01-28, 08:06 PM
I'm typing that post IC as we speak. Would've been earlier, but my meatspace D&D game went a little long.

Laendri
2012-01-29, 12:37 AM
Poop joke in the first IC page. New record.
That man... must have multiclass'd with wizzard. :smallbiggrin:

INoKnowNames
2012-01-29, 05:04 AM
Dang. Too late to have responded in time...

Also, Laendri, if Kurmak's hands aren't clean, he won't be reciving any touch spells...

Also, Overlord (why did I call you Odin? That was odd..), how might you be handling our, if my count is right, 6th party member? Is he staying with us in the city, or surviving perfectly on his own outside?

Final Edit, and I hope Succubus sees this, but if we make it to 7th level, I'll be able to fix your blindness myself.... is that okay, or were you prefering to keep it until later than that for the sake of roleplaying?

Laendri
2012-01-29, 12:50 PM
Also, Laendri, if Kurmak's hands aren't clean, he won't be reciving any touch spells...
WHat!!!... prepare to flee from a barbarian with 40' speed and the hands full of poop trying to grapple you. :smallamused:



Also, Odin, how might you be handling our, if my count is right, 6th party member? Is he staying with us in the city, or surviving perfectly on his own outside?
Who is Odin and who is the 6th? Did I miss something?



Final Edit, and I hope Succubus sees this, but if we make it to 7th level, I'll be able to fix your blindness myself.... is that okay, or were you prefering to keep it until later than that for the sake of roleplaying?
I'm note sure because I don't know all the spells but, isn't there an earlier spell that let's you see through your familiar? Or grants blind sense? Also, can't the familiar cast spells instead of the wizard? I believe I read this somewhere.
And btw, your ****ing raven speaks better than most of the party members. I thought the speak things like. "grwwaaaag enemies behind" xD

INoKnowNames
2012-01-29, 12:56 PM
WHat!!!... prepare to flee from a barbarian with 40' speed and the hands full of poop trying to grapple you. :smallamused:

No. Seriously. No. That's just nasty. No. :smallmad:


Who is Odin and who is the 6th? Did I miss something?

You didn't miss anything. I just had a freudian slip trying to talk to one dm and then talking to another and getting the names mixed up. I -hate- it when that happens. Do it all the time. :smallsigh:


I'm note sure because I don't know all the spells but, isn't there an earlier spell that let's you see through your familiar? Or grants blind sense? Also, can't the familiar cast spells instead of the wizard? I believe I read this somewhere.

I'm not sure, although unless he has access to Permanency like Magic before that, then being able to make him actually see is still valid. :smallcool:


And btw, your ****ing raven speaks better than most of the party members. I thought the speak things like. "grwwaaaag enemies behind" xD

Not to be rude or anything, but I'm pretty sure it's just that everyone speaks better than you. :smalltongue:

Overlord Rion
2012-01-29, 01:24 PM
Let's see...at level 1 a familiar is supposed to have an INT of about 6. If taught to speak well, it can speak just fine. He just doesn't have the capacity to understand things like "where to aim the fireball so that nobody important is caught in it."

The Succubus
2012-01-29, 01:34 PM
Well, in fairness there are lumps of rock in this campaign smarter than Kurmak. I need Cord to be reasonably smart in order to guide Themman around. I dread to think how long movement would take for him if it was case "two croaks to turn right, one croak for left, caw to go straight ahead."

A familiar can deliver touch spells at level 3. As for the preparing spells thing....perhaps some sort of magic item might cover it? Maybe obtained from Themman's former master?

Laendri
2012-01-29, 02:24 PM
Kurmak is not stupid, he is special.
I though of a funny thing about him. He only likes delicate young women :smallbiggrin: big women, better if strong, better if they fight back grapple checks. Hehe.

And about the raven casting spells. I knew it could be done, but it seems it's for later on.
http://dndtools.eu/spells/complete-arcane--55/imbue-familiar-with-spell-ability--580/
http://dndtools.eu/feats/players-handbook-ii--80/spell-linked-familiar--2722/


Edit: How about you take another color for the raven? Maybe grey?

Overlord Rion
2012-01-29, 02:30 PM
I could see you leaving the same color, but maybe bold it or something.

Laendri
2012-01-29, 04:39 PM
Kurmak could understand different things from what the pooping man said:
- A mercenarie from the horde ( just like me) has betrayed the horde and escaped into the city. He wants me to help him escape.
- A mercenarie from the horde ( just like me) has betrayed the horde and escaped into the city. He wants me to bring him back.
- A mercenarie from the horde has managed to enter the city. He wants me to break in with him. And help him take the city.
- A mercenarie from the horde has managed to enter the city. He wants me to break in with him. And help him come back to the camp.

So... for the first 2 options, that means Kurmak would need to betray the horde as well... hmmm

INoKnowNames
2012-01-29, 05:10 PM
Let's see...at level 1 a familiar is supposed to have an INT of about 6. If taught to speak well, it can speak just fine. He just doesn't have the capacity to understand things like "where to aim the fireball so that nobody important is caught in it."

So, the Crow's probably the 3rd Smartest person in our group (assuming Kurmak isn't being made to fight us in a bit). Hopefully my friend will be able to take some orders rather well... "Help me!" shouldn't be too complex...


Well, in fairness there are lumps of rock in this campaign smarter than Kurmak.

This is going to be a running gag, isn't it?


I need Cord to be reasonably smart in order to guide Themman around. I dread to think how long movement would take for him if it was case "two croaks to turn right, one croak for left, caw to go straight ahead."

Better than if it was "Bark! Bark Bark Bark Bark! Bark Bark!". Especially if he got distracted.


A familiar can deliver touch spells at level 3. As for the preparing spells thing....perhaps some sort of magic item might cover it? Maybe obtained from Themman's former master?

Didn't you guys have that custom spell to use for it?

Also, Succubus, care if, later today, I try to post every single change I think should be made on your sheet for the sake of completing it? Or are you going to get around to fixing it yourself? 'cause it's still empty! And it makes me nervous!


Kurmak is not stupid, he is special.
I though of a funny thing about him. He only likes delicate young women :smallbiggrin: big women, better if strong, better if they fight back grapple checks. Hehe.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you could make that any scarier than you have, Debilitas.


And about the raven casting spells. I knew it could be done, but it seems it's for later on.
http://dndtools.eu/spells/complete-arcane--55/imbue-familiar-with-spell-ability--580/
http://dndtools.eu/feats/players-handbook-ii--80/spell-linked-familiar--2722/


By then, I should have access to 4th level spells, at which point I can cure Blindness.


Edit: How about you take another color for the raven? Maybe grey?


I could see you leaving the same color, but maybe bold it or something.

I agree with giving the Raven his own color, to help distinguish it from Themmen. I like using Bold and Italics for Emphasis and stuff, and the Raven is smart enough to be his own entity...


Kurmak could understand different things from what the pooping man said:
- A mercenarie from the horde ( just like me) has betrayed the horde and escaped into the city. He wants me to help him escape.
- A mercenarie from the horde ( just like me) has betrayed the horde and escaped into the city. He wants me to bring him back.
- A mercenarie from the horde has managed to enter the city. He wants me to break in with him. And help him take the city.
- A mercenarie from the horde has managed to enter the city. He wants me to break in with him. And help him come back to the camp.

So... for the first 2 options, that means Kurmak would need to betray the horde as well... hmmm

I'd rather him escape safely from the horde and not betray the city. At the very least, please don't sneak in and attack anyone, including fragile healers that can fight back as well as a piece of wet paper can fight against a herd of Cape Buffalo....

I feel like it's my turn in the IC. I don't think spells can restore lost apendages yet, but I should be able to use either a spell or the heal skill (provided I can yell out for someone to get supplies) to take care of this soldier. Maybe both, a spell to keep him alive, and then a heal check to keep him okay while removing the arrow. Is this relatively reasonable?

Also, since I messed up in asking it earlier (still don't know how I made such a freudian slip.... although I've done worse), is Halo nearby? Or is he outside the walls, being awesome and avoiding danger because he is cool?

Laendri
2012-01-29, 05:42 PM
Who is Halo? :smallconfused:

INoKnowNames
2012-01-29, 05:44 PM
Who is Halo? :smallconfused:

Halo is a childhood friend of Alex. A Wolf Wild Cohort. She met him when he was a cub, when she tried to follow him and got lost (same day she ended up meeting her mother).

Although the DM has all liberties to modify the backstory as needed.

Laendri
2012-01-29, 06:09 PM
Where is all of this writen? :S

INoKnowNames
2012-01-29, 06:13 PM
Where is all of this writen? :S

Probably not in so many words, but I did include him on my character sheet, specifically in the Additional Information section.

The Succubus
2012-01-29, 06:14 PM
Didn't you guys have that custom spell to use for it?

Also, Succubus, care if, later today, I try to post every single change I think should be made on your sheet for the sake of completing it? Or are you going to get around to fixing it yourself? 'cause it's still empty! And it makes me nervous!

By then, I should have access to 4th level spells, at which point I can cure Blindness.

I agree with giving the Raven his own color, to help distinguish it from Themmen. I like using Bold and Italics for Emphasis and stuff, and the Raven is smart enough to be his own entity...

In order:

a) I just realised a teensy flaw in the plan - having a spell that lets you read and write magic while blind depends on being able to write the spell in the spellbook initially and then being able to read it. Logic's a b**** sometimes. >.<

b) By all means - I know there's a ton of stuff I've missed and any efforts to help me fill in the blanks is welcome.

c) I don't know. If it looks like the campaign is wrapping quickly, then yes. If it looks like the game has a long life ahead of it, then no - I have something in mind if we get far enough.

d) Yeah, I'll change it so Themman is bolded.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-29, 06:21 PM
In order:

a) I just realised a teensy flaw in the plan - having a spell that lets you read and write magic while blind depends on being able to write the spell in the spellbook initially and then being able to read it. Logic's a b**** sometimes. >.<

b) By all means - I know there's a ton of stuff I've missed and any efforts to help me fill in the blanks is welcome.

c) I don't know. If it looks like the campaign is wrapping quickly, then yes. If it looks like the game has a long life ahead of it, then no - I have something in mind if we get far enough.

d) Yeah, I'll change it so Themman is bolded.

In order:

A) All Wizards can prepare Read Magic from Memory. Maybe the custom spell could be taught to you by your master in a similar vein for the sake of your blindness.

B) If I bold something, it's usually important.

For Themen: Themmen:

Any chance you feel like filling in the Campaign? Your choice there.

Current Exp should be 0, with Next Level being 1000. Change I don't know. I leave a dash there so I have filled it but it doesn't do anything.

1m80 for height? Not sure what you mean by the second measurement. Maybe just because I'm a pigheaded American and prefer #'##" feet and inches.

Although you do need a Weight. Unless you weigh nothing. Which would be interesting.

You may be blind, but you do have eyes. What color might they be, or will you forever keep them closed until you regain your sight?

Pretty good chance you have a hair style. Even bald is a hair style.

I normally put a dash or None in my Armor Type when unequiped. And a dash in Action Points since they aren't used. But that's just me.

Current Hp could be at 6, if you wanted. And Nonlethal at 0. Damage Reduction at nothing.

Your choice if you want to try to find a decent picture of your character or not. I think you should, just 'cause that's such an ugly looking link box, but that's obviously a cosmetic choice.

Wizards have a +2 to Base Will Saves at 1st level.

I've no idea how the Spell Resist section works, especially the part underneath it with Weapons and Armor. Didn't think anyone had spell resistance at level 1, either.

Another cosmetic choice, but you could put None for your Weapon, Armor, Shield, and Protective Items.

We went over skills and feats, so those are good.

Surprised the Wooden Cane can't be used as a Weapon. Those hurt... Spell Component Pouch that I continue to harp over. Increase your currency by 4 Gp, and replace the Spell Component with Belt. The weight is probably fine for holding the money.

Spells and magic look good. As do Currency and Language.

Might want to note that Blindness is the cause of the Spot Check Failure and -4 to Str/Dex rolls in Other Notes, and that Collegiate Wizard is what lets you put down more spells in your book at new levels.

I see no Backstory. Other Notes is the perfect place to put it.

For Cord:


Most of the fluff stated about Themmen applies to Cord, including Age (might be irrelevant...), Height (2 feet long) Weight (3 lbs), Eyes (Your choice), Hair (Black Feathers?), Deity (it'd be funny if he worshiped something and you didn't), and Campaign, although since he doesn't actually gain Exp, that doesn't matter.

Normal Raven Stats: 1 Str, 15 Dex, 10 Con, 2 Int (although as a Familiar to a 1st Level Wizard, he has 6), 14 Wis, and 6 Cha.

Again, you could note him being at full health with no non-lethal damage and no damage resistance if you want.

Make sure to note +2 to his Dex for his Armor Check, as well as his Initiative. What's the other that's a +1? If that's from being a familiar, it should be part of his Natural.

Darn Image Box.... certainly a nice (or crafty) looking Raven picture would be easy to find.

Action Points and Armor Type, again your choice to fill.

10 ft ground speed, 40 ft fly speed (average).

0 Base Attack Bonus, Familiar's Dex or Str Mod (note Weapon Finese lets him use Dex, which is a Feat he has. ) for his attack rolls. He should have a Claw Attack with a +4 bonus on it, and 1d2-5 damage (that's just what the stats say. Go figure).

Use the Familiar's +2 Base Fort and Reflex, but your Base +2 Will. Use his stats for the stat bonus for ability mods for it.

He actually gains spell resistance once you reach about level 11, but none for now, so leave that blank.

I assume the bird doesn't wear any armor or have a shield. It'd be funny to have a flying Tower Shield, though.

The Familiar will use his stats for skills, but yours or his skill points, which ever are better. So you could record the ranks in skills you've got in the other section.

The familiar has Alertness, and also grants Themmen Alertness when he's close to you, as a special ability. Noting both might be important.

The familiar has Empathic Link to help communicate with you. That's a pretty good ability.

I doubt the familiar owns anything. I doubt it can even pick up anything. No spells, no powers, no spells or powers known, no Currency, only Common as a language, and a little note on the bottom as a backstory. Pretty sure everything else is done.

Pretty sure I got most of it. Feel free to let me know otherwise.

C) So, if we get far enough in experience, I shouldn't heal you unless we're pretty much at the end game?

D) I'd still say that the Familiar has his own presence when he speaks, and there fore his own color. I suppose it's your choice, though.

And again, to Overlord, I feel like it's my turn in the IC. I don't think spells can restore lost apendages yet, but I should be able to use either a spell or the heal skill (provided I can yell out for someone to get supplies) to take care of this soldier. Maybe both, a spell to keep him alive, and then a heal check to keep him okay while removing the arrow. Is this relatively reasonable?

And also, where's Halo right now? Your choice if he's staying somewhere inside the city or surviving on his own outside as to not scare people here.

Overlord Rion
2012-01-29, 08:35 PM
Halo, unless stated otherwise, is always by your side, sometimes making people nervous with what at times seems almost fanatical desire to defend you.

And yeah, you're up. Figured I'd give the healer healy things to do.

Laendri
2012-01-29, 09:18 PM
I'm going to wait till the healer team posts, so I can make a post going already to that little gate.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-29, 09:30 PM
Halo, unless stated otherwise, is always by your side, sometimes making people nervous with what at times seems almost fanatical desire to defend you.

And yeah, you're up. Figured I'd give the healer healy things to do.

I suppose I'll try to mention him a bit more as we leave the situation. He could just be watching from the shadows right now, like a ninjaish guard dog.

The situation is more focused on the poor man in need of help, though, so tending to him should come first. I'ma try to remove the arrow after I've ensured he won't be killed by a failed Heal Check. Cure Light Wounds to the rescue?

Edit: Hm... I suppose I should be thankful for the Healing Hands ability. Otherwise, I might not have made much of an impact. Hopefully he's okay enough now that I could risk a Heal check to get rid of the arrow.... maybe followed by an immediate Cure Minor Wounds to restore 5 hp on the spot if something bad happens....

Really hoping I'm not going to start the story off with a brutal horror spin....

Laendri
2012-01-29, 11:20 PM
Is it okay id I wait till they deal with the man? I think the story goes better if I appear there after they have him healed.

You can say right now Kurmak is moving to the left side of the town, far from the archers (if any) of the walls.

Once they control the injured man situation I will post IC about reaching the door.

DM if you are not okay with this, let me know.

The Succubus
2012-01-30, 07:32 AM
*****ALERT******

DO NOT VISIT MY CHARACTER SHEET AT THE MOMENT!
I was at work and my AV flashed up a warning about the Conficker virus.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-30, 11:17 AM
*****ALERT******

DO NOT VISIT MY CHARACTER SHEET AT THE MOMENT!
I was at work and my AV flashed up a warning about the Conficker virus.

Um..... what is the Conficker virus, and how should I be defending myself from it? Becausee I have no idea if I have it or might have caught it or not and now I'm feeling paranoid and am trying not to freak out but I want to freak out because it would stink if this laptop got junked.

The Succubus
2012-01-30, 11:45 AM
Malwarebytes - scan comp - job done. I'm pretty sure it's only happened since last night because my home PC has NOD32 on it and that didn't detect anything. And NOD32 is a great virus scanner.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-30, 11:51 AM
Malwarebytes - scan comp - job done. I'm pretty sure it's only happened since last night because my home PC has NOD32 on it and that didn't detect anything. And NOD32 is a great virus scanner.

I had been cheaply using the free version of AVG. How screwed am I?

Also, before the virus issues and everything, did you get to see some of the things I noticed on the sheets?

The Succubus
2012-01-30, 11:55 AM
Yeah, I was just going to update them when the virus warning flashed up. I think I'll redo the whole thing on Mythweavers instead. It's going to take frigging ages -.-.

Pretty sure as long as your copy of AVG is up to date, you should be ok but you can always run a scan if you're uncertain. IIRC, Conficker is a very very old virus so if it has actually made it onto your system (and there's a good chance AVG may have intercepted it on the way) it should be able to purge it no worries.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-30, 12:05 PM
Yeah, I was just going to update them when the virus warning flashed up. I think I'll redo the whole thing on Mythweavers instead. It's going to take frigging ages -.-.

Pretty sure as long as your copy of AVG is up to date, you should be ok but you can always run a scan if you're uncertain. IIRC, Conficker is a very very old virus so if it has actually made it onto your system (and there's a good chance AVG may have intercepted it on the way) it should be able to purge it no worries.

I'm still paranoid, though... ;.;

Although I suppose I should probably just put my Homework stuff onto a different family computer.... I should probably go ahead and do that homework before I get in trouble, too...

On a random note. Succubus.

What are the chances of other people who saw your thread in the 3.5 page looking at the sheet and getting a virus? :smalleek:

Laendri
2012-01-30, 05:34 PM
What are the chances of other people who saw your thread in the 3.5 page looking at the sheet and getting a virus? :smalleek:


About 0.5%

Don't worry about it, just have an antivirus running ans thats all. AVG is onw of the bests.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-30, 05:40 PM
About 0.5%

Don't worry about it, just have an antivirus running ans thats all. AVG is onw of the bests.

Even the cheap free version?

I downloaded Malware and tried to give it a go, too..

I really should just purchase a good virus protection.

You should never skimp out on protection.

The Succubus
2012-01-30, 06:17 PM
Just had a look from my home computer - NOD32 hasn't flashed up anything, so I'm pretty sure it's safe now. I'll edit up the changes you listed.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-30, 06:33 PM
Just had a look from my home computer - NOD32 hasn't flashed up anything, so I'm pretty sure it's safe now. I'll edit up the changes you listed.

Huh. That's weird. Also, Huh. Weird that my advice is suddenly good enough to be followed. Usually I'm asking for info from people.

By the way, what does 11st in Weight and 1m 80 in Height mean, if you don't mind me asking? I's an ignorant American still stuck in lbs and feet/inches.

Laendri
2012-01-30, 06:34 PM
Even the cheap free version?

I downloaded Malware and tried to give it a go, too..


Yeah, even the free version. If you want to check the PC magazines about. AVG is one of the best, even better than NOD32.

And don't install 2 antivirus at the same time, that will only make false positives.

NOW! how about you guys post something in the IC! xD

The Succubus
2012-01-30, 06:40 PM
Huh. That's weird. Also, Huh. Weird that my advice is suddenly good enough to be followed. Usually I'm asking for info from people.

By the way, what does 11st in Weight and 1m 80 in Height mean, if you don't mind me asking? I's an ignorant American still stuck in lbs and feet/inches.

1m 80 is about 6 feet. 11 stone in weight is.......average adult weightish.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-30, 06:45 PM
Yeah, even the free version. If you want to check the PC magazines about. AVG is one of the best, even better than NOD32.

And don't install 2 antivirus at the same time, that will only make false positives.

NOW! how about you guys post something in the IC! xD

I didn't realise 2 antivirus at the same time was a bad thing....

And I wanted word back from Overlord before I attempted to -remove an arrow- from someone's -skull-. Being ready for that kind of thing and ensuring the person isn't going to immediately -die- from it might be good...

You delayed it, but feel free to post yourself, concerning preparing to sneak into the base and do bad things. Except please don't do bad things.


1m 80 is about 6 feet. 11 stone in weight is.......average adult weightish.

Oh. That makes sense... I guess.

Overlord Rion
2012-01-30, 07:11 PM
I was just letting Succubus post. I'll work on that IC post.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-30, 07:15 PM
I was just letting Succubus post. I'll work on that IC post.

Yay!

Hopefully I won't have to perform delicate Eye Surgery by myself! At the very least, hopefully someone has supplies nearby that can be used for a First Aid Kit, and can help with the removal of the Arrow...

At least it didn't go to his knee!

Edit: Thanks for the help, Rion!

TechnOkami
2012-01-31, 11:10 AM
I think I have made a mistake. I thought that the man who broke through was part of the horde outside, and so I thought we would have to fight him because he was an enemy. I didn't realize he defected to our side... oh well, my reaction would have been different, but I'll play it as Cirophi being cautious.

INoKnowNames
2012-01-31, 11:23 AM
I think I have made a mistake. I thought that the man who broke through was part of the horde outside, and so I thought we would have to fight him because he was an enemy. I didn't realize he defected to our side... oh well, my reaction would have been different, but I'll play it as Cirophi being cautious.

I'm not sure how most people would have handled wounded on the otherside, but, and maybe I'm just uncivilized, I certainly wouldn't have brought doctors to them. At least not without significant security detail.

That being said, Alex would probably still help him either way, so feel free to be cautious. Hopefully you can keep her from being taken advantage of by someone who would exploit her generosity.

Laendri
2012-01-31, 11:30 AM
I also thought he was from the horde. :smallconfused:

INoKnowNames
2012-01-31, 11:45 AM
I also thought he was from the horde. :smallconfused:

I guess I'm in the minority, then. I seem to always be there.

Random question: Am I basically covered in blood right now? Because I really want to ask for water to clean my hands while we travel to the next plot point if I am. And maybe I can call Halo to make sure he's nearby and not harrasing anyone. Including random small black birds.

Laendri
2012-01-31, 07:13 PM
I'm gonna move forward the door-meeting. If any of you ( specially the DM) feels I am not able to just reach it, please tell.

Otherwise... "pizza is here!" :smalltongue:

INoKnowNames
2012-01-31, 07:19 PM
I'm gonna move forward the door-meeting. If any of you ( specially the DM) feels I am not able to just reach it, please tell.

Otherwise... "pizza is here!" :smalltongue:

Does anyone else, between the "sudden prescence out side the camp we aren't aware of", along with the ambiguity of Kurmak's quester, as well as the mysterious identity of the injured knight, have a bad feeling about this?

Because I have a bad feeling about this.

Don't let me stop you or anything, just saying.

Edit: Also, it would make my day if not only did you fail that Search roll, but you alert the archers you are trying to avoid and get shot at. And that's not prejudice against you. I'd laugh my own arrow-filled butt off if I did the same.

Laendri
2012-01-31, 07:29 PM
Edit: Also, it would make my day if not only did you fail that Search roll, but you alert the archers you are trying to avoid and get shot at. And that's not prejudice against you. I'd laugh my own arrow-filled butt off if I did the same.

:annoyed: ... Kurmak would propably yell at them, "Why are you arrowing me! I'm not a boar! Watch out! That almost hit my knee!" :smallwink:

INoKnowNames
2012-01-31, 07:34 PM
:annoyed: ... Kurmak would propably yell at them, "Why are you arrowing me! I'm not a boar! Watch out! That almost hit my knee!" :smallwink:

Why does being a boar matter? If I see a living thing and I have a projectile weapon available, I'm going to shoot at it. Because I feel like it would be wrong not to. It's just something you'd expect.

But yeah, Knee Armor is almost required for adventurers now a days.... maybe Alex should invest in some, assuming it doesn't weigh too much...

Overlord Rion
2012-02-01, 03:03 AM
So many arrow to the knee jokes.

The Succubus
2012-02-01, 03:31 AM
I used to make arrow to the knee jokes until someone SHOT ME IN THE FACE.

Laendri
2012-02-01, 11:50 AM
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2012/2/1/7daa4725-542e-4a22-80ee-325fcda286cd.jpg

INoKnowNames
2012-02-01, 12:18 PM
Speaking of keep adventuring, what's next, Rion? Does Alex need to wash her hands? What of Cirophi's followers? Is Themmen going to stalk us and the warrior? What of the warrior; is he the same person that Kurmak is going after, or might there be another injured person inside? And why is Kurmak about to pursue someone?

The Plot must go on, man!

Also, Succubus, found a few things to say on your character sheet.

I believe you missed giving your Wizard, and by reflex your familiar, Base 2 for Will Saves.

If you don't mind me being snoopy, which 4 Cantrips and 3 1st Level Spells have you prepared to use out of all of the spells that you know?

And I still don't see the bonus to at least Listen Checks when Cord is within arm's length of Themmen.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-01, 07:14 PM
I like the way this part was phrased:


Meanwhile, Alex is a bit...covered in blood and needs to clean up before she begins to work on anyone else. However, the attention is drawn to a knocking near the door. The first thought across everyone's mind is So that's how he got in. Followed by Wait, who puts a door there?

It just seems... interesting. Mainly the last two sentences.

Laendri
2012-02-02, 07:09 AM
I'm going to wait a bit in case the DM sais the door can't be opened or the other players want to do anything before the combat, I mean the encounter xD

I'm seriously tempted of makinf random knock knock jokes, saying film quotes or other absurds. But I'm going to restrain myself. ;)

Laendri
2012-02-02, 10:51 AM
I'm going to wait a bit in case the DM sais the door can't be opened or the other players want to do anything before the combat, I mean the encounter xD

I'm seriously tempted of makinf random knock knock jokes, saying film quotes or other absurds. But I'm going to restrain myself. ;)


http://www.thearchnemesis.com/images/Kool%20Aid%20Man%20bitch.gif

INoKnowNames
2012-02-02, 11:14 AM
I have a feeling that you're playing this campaign tongue-in-cheek, Laendri.

TechnOkami
2012-02-02, 11:29 AM
I have a feeling that you're playing this campaign tongue-in-cheek, Laendri.

But is that necessarily a bad thing? I mean, he IS a Barbarian (though I think he could lighten up a little on the THOK SMASH trope...)

Laendri
2012-02-02, 11:45 AM
But only in the OOC xD In the IC I play a guys who isn't very bright, but more than being stupid or not, he is not used to civilization.
So he easily miss things or get them wrong.
The fact he knocks is because 1) He is not an enemy of the town, he is just being paid for attacking it. 2) He is trying his best to understand the "manners" of the civilizied people, and one thing the halflings taught them was "knock before entering"

If Cirophi wouldn't have opened that door, Kurmak would have broke in. But as she opened, that never happened. :)

Edit: I plan to play the game being serious, is just that my character make things that are funny because there are not supposed to happen.
You are free to scold him seriously, I won't say "it was just a joke".

TechnOkami
2012-02-02, 11:56 AM
I'm half-tempted to take the thrallherd prestige class to just make him my minion :smallamused:, but that prestige class is all kinds of broken, and I'm more interested in that one prestige class which focuses on Astral Constructs.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-02, 12:07 PM
But is that necessarily a bad thing? I mean, he IS a Barbarian (though I think he could lighten up a little on the THOK SMASH trope...)

It's not. I'm just more used to people being more serious, is all. He reminds me of how Yahtzee speaks of 50 Cent in his 360 Game.


All the other characters talk and act like they're in a rejected Indiana Jones Plot, eloquently soliloquizing their motivations while 50 Cent Swaggers about slurring thick urban dialect and sticking out like a sausage roll in a soufflé.

I don’t know; he hasn't actually been as bad as the above insinuates. Maybe I'm just being dumb and stuck in my old ways. If anything, I feel like it's more his out of character persona that I have trouble separating from his in character persona (I'm still trying to ensure that Alex doesn't have a predisposed fear of Kurmak attempting to take advantage of her, for example), which is less an issue with him (both he and his character) and more of an issue with myself and how I role-play.

The only thing I'd like to enforce is that everyone should run anything they post through Microsoft Word and do a spell check. But that's not towards anyone specifically, and is just part of my grammar-Nazi-ness.

Edit: Additionally.
1) He is not an enemy of the town, he is just being paid for attacking it.

I didn't realize you were being paid to attack people, just to find that one person that may or may not (dm clarification check) be the injured person Alex just healed. Or was that part of the introduction mercenaries’ thing?

Laendri
2012-02-02, 12:43 PM
I'm part of the attacking force because they hired some mercenaries.
So I asume I am a mercenary for said horde.

I can play all serious, if all of you preffer it that way. But I find the lack of humour disturbing. I think that a party with all of you playing really serious about it would be the perfect scenario for some stupid-puns. As those are funnier the more serious the plot is.

My OOC character is intentional, it makes people post more times even if it is just to tell me to shut up, so the game will not die.

PD: Don't be a gramma-nazi with me. English is not my mother language and I'm far for writing it correctly.

Edit: If it makes you feel better, I'm almost 30 years old, so I'm not some annoying kid :smalltongue:

INoKnowNames
2012-02-02, 01:12 PM
I'm part of the attacking force because they hired some mercenaries.
So I asume I am a mercenary for said horde.

Ah. Still, please don't kill us. I don't want to die. ;.;


I can play all serious, if all of you preffer it that way. But I find the lack of humour disturbing. I think that a party with all of you playing really serious about it would be the perfect scenario for some stupid-puns. As those are funnier the more serious the plot is.

That's perfectly fine. Like I assume I said, I'm just the serious type. I'm pretty much all but being a Paladin in terms of having a stick up my butt. Working on it.


My OOC character is intentional, it makes people post more times even if it is just to tell me to shut up, so the game will not die.

Hopefully the game won't die whether or not you're like that. It really just depends on the Dm. At the very worst, we can spam Rion demanding him to Dm for us. I certainly have no intention of letting any of my games die.


PD: Don't be a gramma-nazi with me. English is not my mother language and I'm far for writing it correctly.

That you weren't born with the language and still use it is very courteous of you. I'm just used to so many people that butcher -all- languages they speak. To quote another thing I heard, they don't speak languages so much as chew it and spit it out.


Edit: If it makes you feel better, I'm almost 30 years old, so I'm not some annoying kid :smalltongue:

I'll be quite honest; I don't think I would have guessed that. I assume most people I play with to be around my age unless proven otherwise. I'm 20.

The Succubus
2012-02-02, 01:18 PM
I am 30 years old and I'm still an annoying kid. :smalltongue:

INoKnowNames
2012-02-02, 01:19 PM
I -always- seem to be the Youngster no matter where I go.... :smallsigh:

Overlord Rion
2012-02-02, 01:56 PM
The door can be opened. At this point it's time for PLAYER INTERACTION

'Sides, I'm 21, not much older than you. I'm used to being the old guy. And yeah, he is a mercenary. A lot of them are trying to take over, but they bolstered their forces with some mercenaries.

The Succubus
2012-02-02, 02:18 PM
The door can be opened. At this point it's time for PLAYER INTERACTION

'Sides, I'm 21, not much older than you. I'm used to being the old guy. And yeah, he is a mercenary. A lot of them are trying to take over, but they bolstered their forces with some mercenaries.

So....I'm thinking Ray of Frost, followed up by Magic Missile or Burning Hands....?

INoKnowNames
2012-02-02, 02:25 PM
So....I'm thinking Ray of Frost, followed up by Magic Missile or Burning Hands....?

I'd be careful if I were you. Cirophi might get hit as well....

Laendri
2012-02-02, 02:30 PM
Why not surrender? xD

INoKnowNames
2012-02-02, 02:39 PM
Why not surrender? xD

Good idea; you should surrender.

The Succubus
2012-02-02, 02:58 PM
I'd be careful if I were you. Cirophi might get hit as well....

You may want to re-read my last IC post....:smalltongue:

INoKnowNames
2012-02-02, 03:05 PM
You may want to re-read my last IC post....:smalltongue:

I did. Just because you have a portable case of Bandaids doesn't mean you should always use them, though. :smallyuk:

Laendri
2012-02-02, 03:09 PM
Let the girls fight!!!

INoKnowNames
2012-02-02, 03:18 PM
Let the girls fight!!!

What do you mean by that? I thought it was Themmen and Cirophi about to kill whoever opened the door / friendly fire.

Laendri
2012-02-02, 03:42 PM
Mud fantasies :smallbiggrin:

INoKnowNames
2012-02-02, 03:53 PM
Mud fantasies :smallbiggrin:

Welp, that just shows my Sense Motive is probably negative. 'really should have seen that one coming.

TechnOkami
2012-02-02, 04:07 PM
Good God I'm 19 and I feel like the most sensible person in this game :smalleek:

All in good fun, rest assured.

Cirophi will be reacting... eventually... ish... yeah.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-02, 04:10 PM
Good God I'm 19 and I feel like the most sensible person in this game :smalleek:

First of all, I thought I was doing a decent job of being sensible...

And second, YES! YES! I'M OLDER THAN SOMEONE! YES! HALLELUYAH! I HAVE AN AGE ADVANTAGE, EVEN IF IT'S ONLY IN MY HEAD!

Edit: Also, in character, we still don't really know why the first person is in the city. And even out of character, we don't know very well Kurmak's relationship with him, despite knowing K to be a mercenary. This could still be a completely innocent situation, which is the assumption Alex will be operating under.

Laendri
2012-02-02, 05:46 PM
I HAVE AN AGE ADVANTAGE


Handicap, it's called age handicap :smalltongue:

Edit: Don't get mad at me, the mission was " go there, break the door and help the man" :smallredface:

Laendri
2012-02-02, 06:05 PM
In case you want to kill me before I do that here is my Init: [roll0] Please don't kill me much xD

INoKnowNames
2012-02-02, 06:06 PM
Handicap, it's called age handicap :smalltongue:

Edit: Don't get mad at me, the mission was " go there, break the door and help the man" :smallredface:

OOC, I'm pretty sure break the door wasn't part of the mission. Otherwise, I agree.

And it's not a handicap! I call it exp.

Edit: Oh, I see. I just saw the thread update.

...

WHY'D YOU GO AND DO THAT!?! :smallfurious:

Laendri
2012-02-02, 06:36 PM
The bushy man said sooooo :smallfrown::smallfrown::smallfrown:

INoKnowNames
2012-02-02, 06:45 PM
The bushy man said sooooo :smallfrown::smallfrown::smallfrown:

Not that I would know, but I -highly- doubt he ment that litterally. And not just because of that being an issue. Even in your shoes, I was seeing it more as a rescue attempt, which doesn't require force when the people you're trying to get into WILLINGLY LET YOU IN!

Laendri
2012-02-02, 06:59 PM
But but... the mission... the reward :smallfrown:

INoKnowNames
2012-02-02, 07:09 PM
But but... the mission... the reward :smallfrown:

Did you even know who this person was? Did you have any idea of what the reward was? For all you know, you could have been sent on a suicide mission, with swift execution waiting as your prize should you succeed!

Laendri
2012-02-02, 07:31 PM
Did you even know who this person was? Did you have any idea of what the reward was? For all you know, you could have been sent on a suicide mission, with swift execution waiting as your prize should you succeed!

OMG DON'T SCARE ME! :smalleek:

INoKnowNames
2012-02-02, 07:33 PM
OMG DON'T SCARE ME! :smalleek:

THEN DON'T BREAK OUR DOOR! :smallfurious:

This is fun as heck.

TechnOkami
2012-02-02, 07:43 PM
Ok, both ooc and ic, my brain and Cirophi's brain are too tired to act.

Someone else deal with this.

I need a nap.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-02, 07:46 PM
Don't look at me. I'm trying to decide what maneuvers Akuma would know, as well as build a Gestalt character for the first time, while outrunning Zombies (and praying that one of our allies isn't about to turn into one), and still make it to bed in time to get up for work at 2 Am Eastern Standard Time.

I don't think I'll respond in until the Dm makes further comment on the destruction of the door. Maybe it's a super awesome adamantine door that he hasn't broken yet.

The Succubus
2012-02-03, 06:30 AM
As a heads up, at @4:00 pm UK time, I'm off to the GiTP meet up, so I won't be around again until late Sunday evening. :smallbiggrin:

Laendri
2012-02-03, 04:49 PM
As a heads up, at @4:00 pm UK time, I'm off to the GiTP meet up, so I won't be around again until late Sunday evening. :smallbiggrin:

There is no such thing as a GiTP meet up. You totally made that up to cover the fact that you are going to be drunk the next 2 days.

TechnOkami
2012-02-03, 04:57 PM
There is no such thing as a GiTP meet up. You totally made that up to cover the fact that you are going to be drunk the next 2 days.

Details. Fish Fish Fish.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-03, 05:14 PM
I've no idea what anyone has just mentioned is talking about....

Laendri
2012-02-04, 04:54 PM
I've no idea what anyone has just mentioned is talking about....

Drunk people making excuses. That's it :smallsmile:

Edit: Let's keep things moving!

Overlord Rion
2012-02-05, 07:56 PM
BE careful what you ask for. Since Kurmak has this knowledge, he has an idea that the people outside are at least 300 strong.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-05, 08:37 PM
Thank you for that -very- needed steping stone, Rion.

Unfortunately, I won't be taking advantage of it tonight. Something... kinda big happened to me just now, and I don't think I can roleplay tonight. At the very least to say, the next game I join, I hope my Dm is flexible, so my character can roleplay meeting his birth mother.

Overlord Rion
2012-02-05, 10:33 PM
That sounds suspiciously like you're leaving the game.

Laendri
2012-02-06, 06:59 AM
Nah he is just saying that he has too much in his head to post tonight. But he will tomorrow.
Btw... How big is the door? Did I completelly destroy it? Can I use the broken door to make a cover and making the enemies have to jump over it?

To Themmen, should I stand in front of the door and block it? Or will this stop your attacks?

The Succubus
2012-02-06, 07:05 AM
Thank you for that -very- needed steping stone, Rion.

Unfortunately, I won't be taking advantage of it tonight. Something... kinda big happened to me just now, and I don't think I can roleplay tonight. At the very least to say, the next game I join, I hope my Dm is flexible, so my character can roleplay meeting his birth mother.

Ah. I think I understand. I hope the dice roll well for you in this encounter. Just keep us updated.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-06, 07:42 AM
That sounds suspiciously like you're leaving the game.

Laendri had it right. Yesterday night was just a very emotional night for me. I've always been happy with the family that I have; but I've also always been curious about my own blood...


Nah he is just saying that he has too much in his head to post tonight. But he will tomorrow.

Exactly.


Btw... How big is the door? Did I completelly destroy it? Can I use the broken door to make a cover and making the enemies have to jump over it?

Darn it, you shouldn't have broken the door in the first place!


To Themmen, should I stand in front of the door and block it? Or will this stop your attacks?

If he uses Area of Effect Spells, the question might not be whether or not the attacks get stoped as much as whether or not you'll get hit by them.


Ah. I think I understand. I hope the dice roll well for you in this encounter. Just keep us updated.

Thanks. I don't think I'm ready to meet anyone from that family just yet. But both of us do deserve to at least meet each other once. Just to sate that curiosity.

Edit: I'm not sure if I needed a Spot check to notice what Halo was growling at, but I rolled one anyway. AND LO AND BEHOLD, I ROLLED A PERFECT 20! I LOVE YOU HALO!

Overlord Rion
2012-02-07, 01:37 PM
There isn't much to describe, but I tried to flavor things to suit the characters and give them their own unique little side event.

Laendri
2012-02-07, 02:45 PM
Time for some "Kurmak smash!" or "Kurmak dies!" :smallamused:

INoKnowNames
2012-02-07, 03:00 PM
Time for some "Kurmak smash!" or "Kurmak dies!" :smallamused:

Avoid the "Kurmak dies" part. Not quite capable of healing that much yet, and meat shields are always valuable.

Laendri
2012-02-07, 03:32 PM
I thought we were going to use Halo for the meatshield part...

INoKnowNames
2012-02-07, 03:34 PM
I thought we were going to use Halo for the meatshield part...

Why would I sacrifice my best and most trusted childhood ally when we have a perfectly good and bulky animal to fight instead?

TechnOkami
2012-02-07, 03:35 PM
Hey guys, hey, hey guys, they have bards.

Mother of God...

INoKnowNames
2012-02-07, 03:38 PM
Hey guys, hey, hey guys, they have bards.

Mother of God...

Oh dang. We might seriously be in trouble. Didn't Shneeky figure out a build that would allow a Bard and another caster to use an army of mooks to take down -anything- with arrow fire alone? :smalleek:

Also, Succubus, nice Avi. I need to get back to making mine when I have a minute...

TechnOkami
2012-02-07, 03:40 PM
Oh dang. We might seriously be in trouble. Didn't Shneeky figure out a build that would allow a Bard and another caster to use an army of mooks to take down -anything- with arrow fire alone? :smalleek:

Don't feed the GM!!! We're doomed!!!

INoKnowNames
2012-02-07, 03:42 PM
Don't feed the GM!!! We're doomed!!!

If he's even remotely seen that board, we've been in a Death Trap the second our characters got approved.

It's been nice knowing you guys.

TechnOkami
2012-02-08, 11:06 AM
Hey I've got a question.

Does Cirophi strike you as more Chaotic Good? The way I've been RPing her, she's individualistic, but she's still helping people (her village, this village) because she wants to. Does that strike you as more CG or CN?

INoKnowNames
2012-02-08, 11:15 AM
Hey I've got a question.

Does Cirophi strike you as more Chaotic Good? The way I've been RPing her, she's individualistic, but she's still helping people (her village, this village) because she wants to. Does that strike you as more CG or CN?

I feel like I wouldn't be surprised if you took the Leadership feat when you could. You could probably make arguments for either Good or Neutral. I feel like it's in the reason for it. Is it simply to satisfy her own desires, if not needs? Or does she help because helping is right, and she wants to be right by helping?

It's very hard to figure out the difference between someone being Neutral and Good. It's a bit easier cut when it's Neutral vs Evil, at least to me. Why someone is helping is much easier to point out than how attrocious this act is.

What were the intentions of your village? Restoring a lost society back to it's former glory could also be twisted good or neutral, or even evil, depending on what values and goals the society had. Hopefully you guys don't intend to take over the world when you come back to power.

I know that none of this helped... I'm sorry...

TechnOkami
2012-02-08, 11:25 AM
...! I have it. She's Chaotic Neutral with Good tendencies. And if we're talking Leadership here, I'd rather take the PrC Thrallherd (which I won't).

INoKnowNames
2012-02-08, 11:28 AM
...! I have it. She's Chaotic Neutral with Good tendencies. And if we're talking Leadership here, I'd rather take the PrC Thrallherd (which I won't).

Isn't our own Haley Starshine Chaotic Goodish?

I kinda wonder if I should consider Leadership, actually... A Saint that goes around healing people and trying to help as many lives as she can might gain a decent enough reputation to convince others to follow her....

Maybe I could pay for a castle or shrine to be built where people could go for help and healing... Where others that follow the banner of good may go to help recieve guidance and put their talents to work... and those that need repentance or assistance may find shelter....

Laendri
2012-02-08, 11:40 AM
First of all, PLEASE don't take leadership, it's a pain in the ass playing with 3235234542524 characters in the group.

And second, the difference is pretty easy to me, good guys will have a hard time doing something evil, while neutral won't. Will Cirophi kill a hostage to get the bad guy?

A good char won't hurt the hostage, an evil character will enjoy killing the hostage and the bad guy, a neutral character will go after the bad guy, and if the hostage gets killed in the meantime, won't matter much, but will not directly search for his death.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-08, 11:46 AM
First of all, PLEASE don't take leadership, it's a pain in the ass playing with 3235234542524 characters in the group.

I wouldn't abuse it like that. It'd, if anything, just be for roleplaying purposes. We've already got a meat shield; we don't need more.


And second, the difference is pretty easy to me, good guys will have a hard time doing something evil, while neutral won't. Will Cirophi kill a hostage to get the bad guy?

A good char won't hurt the hostage, an evil character will enjoy killing the hostage and the bad guy, a neutral character will go after the bad guy, and if the hostage gets killed in the meantime, won't matter much, but will not directly search for his death.

Completely agree. Why didn't I think of that...

The Succubus
2012-02-08, 05:49 PM
So if I get this straight, Cirophi and Alex have run off after some random NPC, leaving the blind, squishy wizard alone with Kurnak The Simpleton and a slavering barbarian horde.

So.... deaf Paladin for my next character?

INoKnowNames
2012-02-08, 06:01 PM
So if I get this straight, Cirophi and Alex have run off after some random NPC, leaving the blind, squishy wizard alone with Kurnak The Simpleton and a slavering barbarian horde.

So.... deaf Paladin for my next character?

Technically, I should still be rather close. Just trying to figure out why the person who just took an arrow to the head and almost died is suddenly capable of wandering around.

The only reason I haven't asked Halo to help you guys out is because it seems like it'd be a bit too easy for Alex to be completely defenseless and the warrior to possibly be a mole, and nothing says karmic death like being impaled in the chest by someone you just tried to heal.

Overlord Rion
2012-02-09, 02:59 AM
I don't think I'm quite that much of a bastard.

The Succubus
2012-02-09, 03:33 AM
I don't think I'm quite that much of a bastard.

This fills me with confidence.

Laendri
2012-02-09, 07:03 AM
This fills me with confidence.

It's a trap!

INoKnowNames
2012-02-09, 08:40 AM
I don't think I'm quite that much of a bastard.

I didn't mean it like that from you, no! Please pardon me if you thought I was speaking dirrectly about you.

I was just thinking about it story wise. It would certainly be very decent drama.

On a random note, how does him purposly ignoring Alex factor into an attack roll? Since he's not even focused on her, would she count as acting in a surprise round? Would he not have his dexterity to his armor check? I'm hoping he's a good guy. I'm also hoping that, if he didn't have his Dexterity to Armor Check from not focusing on her, he might not be able to make an Attack of Opportunity. And if she's possibly surprising him, and making a touch attack, that this should be able to work.

In summation: If he's ignoring me, does he willingly forgo the chance to make an Attack of Opportunity against me? If he's ignoring me, does he still keep his dexterity to dodge against any attack roll I make towards him? Hopefully, it'll be both a surprise attack and a touch attack...

Also, to avoid any confusion, no I'm not actually about to attack him. I use attack above because it's rolled as an attack roll. I'm not saying what's going on in my head outloud because it's far too cliche', even for me.

And admitedly, since I'm suddenly worried about it, can I cast healing spells on myself so long as I've not fallen unconcious from dying?

Overlord Rion
2012-02-09, 10:36 AM
He's not terribly hard to hit right now. I'd be more worried about his miraculous recovery and the fact he just called out over 300 bard boosted combatants.

EDIT: And yes, you can cast healing spells on yourself. Wouldn't make sense if the healer couldn't heal themselves.

Laendri
2012-02-09, 10:39 AM
If Cirophi follows the awakaned guy for several minutes, is the horde already attacking when he shape his hands as a triangle?

INoKnowNames
2012-02-09, 10:40 AM
He's not terribly hard to hit right now. I'd be more worried about his miraculous recovery and the fact he just called out over 300 bard boosted combatants.

EDIT: And yes, you can cast healing spells on yourself. Wouldn't make sense if the healer couldn't heal themselves.

For the healing thing, I was assuming if I wasn't immediately droped into Death or Dying that I might be able to heal myself, not just normally. Although I'll probably refuse to heal myself if I'm not in actual danger, even if my hit points are low. If only to ensure that others can be healed as needed.

As for the fighter, let's see... A Touch Attack on a Surprised Fighter. [roll0] Hopefully this won't stink too badly, and that he'll be easy to hit.

-wow-. -fail-. No grapple check for me...

Laendri
2012-02-09, 11:41 AM
-wow-. -fail-. No grapple check for me...

Stop touching random fighters from behind, you horny little girl! :smallamused:

INoKnowNames
2012-02-09, 11:45 AM
Stop touching random fighters from behind, you horny little girl! :smallamused:

.... I know you're being sarcastic, but even still, -wow-.

Laendri
2012-02-09, 02:36 PM
So, my IC actions are pretty much those until somebody tries to cross the little door.
I guess is cirophi, temmen or alex turn to make actions. And the DM, of course.
If you see I don't post IC, that's the reason.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-09, 02:59 PM
I suppose I should explain my actions...

In character, I wanted Alex to borderline bear-hug the soldier, just to stop him from moving to focus on her for just a second. Even if he broke out, it should be enough to have his attention on her for just a moment.

After that, I was going to try to reason with him, that he shouldn't even be awake right now, much less out and about, and he certainly shouldn't be trying to put up a fight in his condition. That he should calm down and listen to reason. Even if he was healthy, he's still being incredibly reckless.

That plan goes down the tubes when I can, at best, grab onto his wrist... I bet the Diplomacy roll would have been horrible, too. [roll0], with maybe a +2 circumstance for being the person to ensure he's even still breathing.

And of course, mentally called it. If one part of the plan is going to fail, the other part would have had a decent chance at working.

Laendri
2012-02-12, 11:43 AM
It seems your post speed decreases greatly during weekends. Is this going to be normal? Would be nice to know so I don't check the threads every few hours.

Overlord Rion
2012-02-12, 05:41 PM
Yeah, it turns out that my tabletop games are picking up over the weekend. As a result, my posting frequency goes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down. Usually if I posted that day, it would be around 9 PM my time (Eastern US)

The Succubus
2012-02-12, 07:16 PM
Well, this is going to be tricky. My plan was to unload Colour Spray and or Flaming Hands on the barbarians as they try to push through the door. I could try to move in closer to the Simpleton but Themman has a pretty tenuous grasp on where the door actually *is*.

Laendri
2012-02-12, 08:29 PM
If I'm not wrong the door I came throgh is a small one, so enemies should come across 1 by 1. Maybe you can cast those outside the door? or wait until some enemy pass me by?

Are we going to use tactical maps for combats?

Edit: Hey! Kurmak is not a simpleton! :P He just doesn't understand your elaborate magical tactics. All he knows about magic is that it hurts weird and can change things (and it's colorful) he can't shape his combat to your spells, not until he have seen them at least.

Overlord Rion
2012-02-12, 08:34 PM
If you like, you can use that diplomacy roll for a diplomacy, as after I post, he will no longer be ignoring you.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-12, 10:13 PM
Well, this is going to be tricky. My plan was to unload Colour Spray and or Flaming Hands on the barbarians as they try to push through the door. I could try to move in closer to the Simpleton but Themman has a pretty tenuous grasp on where the door actually *is*.

Just to clarify, for my own personal benefit; You do not want Themmen to be cured of his blindness until the story is almost over, correct?

Also, please avoid lighting the barbarian on fire. It would be terrible if he went on a rampage while ablaze. And I don't have that many healing spells...


If I'm not wrong the door I came throgh is a small one, so enemies should come across 1 by 1. Maybe you can cast those outside the door? or wait until some enemy pass me by?

Are we going to use tactical maps for combats?

Edit: Hey! Kurmak is not a simpleton! :P He just doesn't understand your elaborate magical tactics. All he knows about magic is that it hurts weird and can change things (and it's colorful) he can't shape his combat to your spells, not until he have seen them at least.

In order: You shouldn't have broken the door....

That's a good question. Maps are cool....

And considering you're roleplaying him like Thog rather than like Belkar, he does seem quite simple. As for spells, I feel like if someone wanted to aim a gun at a door, I'd give them a reasonable enough amount of space so that, should they have the ability to aim, they could shoot, and I could still monitor and block the door. Actually had to do something like that once in real life.


If you like, you can use that diplomacy roll for a diplomacy, as after I post, he will no longer be ignoring you.

Thanks. I went ahead and posted and did so.

Also, what type of ladder is it? Because, potentially, Halo could totally come with me after this man. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl1iok0QJtI)

TechnOkami
2012-02-12, 11:20 PM
Also, please avoid lighting the barbarian on fire. It would be terrible if he went on a rampage while ablaze.

...but but... they can't catch him while he's on fire! At least the Ninja's can't...

INoKnowNames
2012-02-13, 04:48 AM
...but but... they can't catch him while he's on fire! At least the Ninja's can't...

Considering that he's still inside our base, that's exactly the problem.

TechnOkami
2012-02-13, 08:26 AM
Considering that he's still inside our base, that's exactly the problem.

Ooh, good point. :/

INoKnowNames
2012-02-13, 11:15 AM
Hopefully you guys can keep your warrior in line while I try to deal with mine...

Hey, Rion, do you care if I message you something about spellcasting?

TechnOkami
2012-02-13, 11:39 AM
Hopefully you guys can keep your warrior in line while I try to deal with mine...

Hey, Rion, do you care if I message you something about spellcasting?

I almost read that as massage... :smallredface:

Overlord Rion
2012-02-13, 11:45 AM
And there I go, almost choking on some orange juice. But yeah, go ahead.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-13, 11:55 AM
I almost read that as massage... :smallredface:

Darn it, Laendri! It's all your fault!

Laendri
2012-02-13, 03:37 PM
Darn it, Laendri! It's all your fault!

Your too sexy to write... :smallwink: I wanna feel your "healing touch", people say it's "smooth and warm". xD

INoKnowNames
2012-02-13, 03:48 PM
Oh my gods.....

This feels so odd at this point I can't help but just to laugh....

Overlord Rion
2012-02-13, 09:28 PM
You guys are certainly the most entertaining PbP group I've encountered.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-13, 10:12 PM
You guys are certainly the most entertaining PbP group I've encountered.

That makes me feel good inside...

TechnOkami
2012-02-13, 10:49 PM
You guys are certainly the most entertaining PbP group I've encountered.

I have to agree. I've laughed out loud so many times.

Overlord Rion
2012-02-14, 02:23 AM
My bad about posting today, will do so tomorrow once I get through all this paperwork.

Laendri
2012-02-14, 08:26 AM
I have fun teasing these guys xD
And their IC post are well done, I can't write that well in english but I still enjoy reading them.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-14, 09:04 AM
I have fun teasing these guys xD

To say that I haven't completely enjoyed it would be a lie on my part.

Slightly more annoying; to say that you haven't affected me at all would also be a lie on my part.

I'm actually somewhat tempted to change my character's picture to one of the first ones I found that I somewhat liked, despite the fanservice it outright wreeks of. If I found a staff for her, she would look pretty much like that... except for the shortness of her hair (the color's perfect, though, as is her eye color), and the impracticality of a healer to wear clothing like that.

You judge for me.

Before:http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j75/Darktigrisangel/My%20RP%20char%20pics/DD%20Chars/redhairmage.jpg
After:http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/muck_eemuck/Hero-FemaleWhiteMage-Wintyr.jpg
After an a joke that a friend made to me (a female character's breast size is dirrectly related to her Charisma score), the second one seems relevant.


And their IC post are well done, I can't write that well in english but I still enjoy reading them.

My literary teachers were very nice, and I learned quite a bit from them. Although I still advocate sending posts through Microsoft Word for errors.

TechnOkami
2012-02-14, 10:08 AM
She was purtier in the last pic... oh hey Laendri, you can obviously edit photos easily, why not give her a really cool staff held I'm her uppermost hand of the first picture? That would make it ten times cooler!

INoKnowNames
2012-02-14, 10:19 AM
She was purtier in the last pic... oh hey Laendri, you can obviously edit photos easily, why not give her a really cool staff held I'm her uppermost hand of the first picture? That would make it ten times cooler!

Are you talking about your pictures or mine?

It's actually the lack of the staff (as well as being a bit more appropriate) that made the first picture win (despite the rather odd jewelry). Removing it from the second some how would make it even more suitable, despite it certainly not being proper garb for a healer... Then again, just because someone is holy doesn't mean they can't be considered "hot as hell".

Damn it, Laendri!

Laendri
2012-02-14, 03:06 PM
I don't like the second pic, I will look for something more... appropiate :smallbiggrin:

I also think that right now you look more like this:
http://origin.kaboodle.com/hi/img/b/0/0/186/2/AAAAC4l3JJ0AAAAAAYYqGA.jpg

Anyway, here is your, no-staff request:
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/8351/35341401.jpg

TechnOkami
2012-02-14, 03:22 PM
Anyway, here is your, no-staff request:
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/8351/35341401.jpg

...

brb, laughing too hard, can't type

Overlord Rion
2012-02-14, 04:30 PM
Oh god, now I have to start over on the post because I can't think of anything else.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-14, 10:33 PM
Judging by the responces given, I don't think I'll fall victim to this latest pitfall, Laendri.

You're fun, at the very least.